• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

The Chef

BruceLeeRoy said:
It took me exactly 12 hours to beat but I got almost every single treasure the first time through and like I said if your trying to get all the treasures and most of the achievements the first time you play look for at least 12+ hours.

Its it bad that im in Chap 8 and only have 11 treasures

deepbrown

The Chef said:
I have been playing for a while now it seems. Only on chapter 8. It takes me a bit of time to get through a chapter - I end up marveling at everything in the level for days.

I will post all my new pics in just a sec. I got that picture you wanted too deepbrown
Sweet :)

The Chef

I took a lot of pictures last night. Filtered through them and picked out some of the best ones. A few turned out kinda crappy but eh they still show off the games beauty.
I will keep these shots as spoiler free as possible. But keep in mind that these pictures were taken between Chapters 1 - 8

I'll repost these 1st 4 I took:
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

and here are the rest (12 total):
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

This one is just for you Deepbrown ;)
13.jpg

tanod

when is my burrito
deepbrown said:
Yep...I really think it underestimates play time! Because I timed myself...the hours. It says 9hours....but I'm sure it was 12-14hours (ok I wasn't timing myself that well....but it was much more than 9 hours)

Doesn't include time spent when you dieing. It only records time when you cross a checkpoint. I spent about 12 hours playing through the game on Normal but my game clock was closer to about 8.5 - 9 hours.

Okay guys here is half the pics I promised unfortunately since I already started the game over on crushing I cant get some from the later levels just yet. I apologize for the bad quality on some of them my camera is absolute garbage but just so everyone knows aside from resizing I have not edited these in any way.

Enjoy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

If this game doesnt chug along to sell millions of copies its a absolute travesty and a testament that the majority of gamers have no idea whats good anymore.

HAHAHA Nice timing Chef you have to be taking those shots with a much better camera than I am using.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
BruceLeeRoy said:
It took me exactly 12 hours to beat but I got almost every single treasure the first time through and like I said if your trying to get all the treasures and most of the achievements the first time you play look for at least 12+ hours.

Oh thats about what i did! I was expecting to hear like 20hrs in with you! But i guess i just had larger blocks of time to play it...heh. Looking for the treasures takes a lot of time...i got 47 on the first play. I just need 3 more now going through crushing and 2 more medals.....ugh..i want them alllll.

[CFD] El Capitan said:
Oh thats about what i did! I was expecting to hear like 20hrs in with you! But i guess i just had larger blocks of time to play it...heh. Looking for the treasures takes a lot of time...i got 47 on the first play. I just need 3 more now going through crushing and 2 more medals.....ugh..i want them alllll.

Man no kidding I thought for sure it was going to take me a year if I had focused on the achievements it would have taken even longer.

The Chef said:
Damn Bruce those are some crazy good pictures

Dude yours look way better than mine.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So was I the only one cracking up when Sully was saying
to those guys holding him - "but she was only 4'11", we used to call her "the spinner" 'cause you could..." and then they interrupt him saying "yeah, you already told us that one :lol
How on Earth this game got just a T rating, when something like Socom gets M, is beyond me.

praxis69

Banned
[CFD] El Capitan said:
Nice job with the pics fellas!

If only the ps3 could do high res textures....

Are you being sarcastic? The PS3 has the best texturing of this gen by far. I had a chance to see this game being played down the hall and I have to say that it obliterates anything else right now. Maybe Killzone 2 or Alan's Wake will compare but it's the champ by a MILE until those games come out. Naughty Dog are gods and PS3 is a beast.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Marconelly said:
to those guys holding him - "but she was only 4'11", we used to call her "the spinner" 'cause you could..." and then they interrupt him saying "yeah, you already told us that one :lol
How on earth this game got just a T rating, when something like Socom gets M, is beyond me.

:lol :lol I was dying!

deepbrown

Marconelly said:
How on Earth this game got just a T rating, when something like Socom gets M, is beyond me.
“This is like looking for a bride in a brothel” Sully, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deepbrown said:
“This is like looking for a bride in a brothel” Sully, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
That was such a great line :lol

Or when Elena says:
"This is so disgusting!! ... I wish I had my camera"

Man, they really nailed the dialogue down - every single character in the game is so damn likable.

Marconelly said:

IzumiK said:
~climbs in~ Thank you, God.

~climbs out~ Oh God wasn't I just out here?

I fricken died at all those parts the dialog in the game is perfect.

deepbrown

Marconelly said:
That was such a great line :lol

Or when Elena says:
"This is so disgusting!! ... I wish I had my camera"

Man, they really nailed the dialogue down - every single character in the game is so damn likable.
I like it because it was incidental chatter! I was like "YESSS!", but then I reminded Sully that there was only one way to go...lol *joke*

Forsete

I'll connect the PS3 to my capture card tomorrow, grab some nice pics.

That fort is mutherfucking awesome. Seriously, this is probably the best game-experience I've had in a long ass time. Loove the dialogue.

Forsete said:
I'll connect the PS3 to my capture card tomorrow, grab some nice pics.

That fort is mutherfucking awesome. Seriously, this is probably the best game-experience I've had in a long ass time. Loove the dialogue.

Oh man thats awesome cant wait to see how they look.

The Chef

BruceLeeRoy said:
The chef posted that screen you wanted Deep.

13.jpg

Is that not what you were looking for Brown?
I climbed into the fortress and the wall right smack in your grill is this one. It looks amazing so I figured that was what you were referring to.

Dyno

Another great use of the dialogue was as a grenade indicator. You knew that Nathan was going to get fragged because he started freaking out. "oh no oh no!"

It made the grenade indicator not even necessary. They get points for that.

Dyno said:
Another great use of the dialogue was as a grenade indicator. You knew that Nathan was going to get fragged because he started freaking out. "oh no oh no!"

It made the grenade indicator not even necessary. They get points for that.

Thats a excellent point I actually never thought about it but I never looked at the grenade indicator I always just listened for Drakes OH CRAP!

IzumiK

Banned
Uh oh... I finished easy first and unlocked everything I could except the difficulty medals. I know I shouldn't be able to but I was able to play hard with my weapon rewards working. Now I'm playing Crushing and I'm not able to use them!

Oh boy.

Well at least I can play as Elena!

YYZ

Did you guys see the early Eddie Raja concepts? They were terrible :lol , I'm glad they changed him.

I think it's in art gallery 3.

Forsete

YYZ said:
Did you guys see the early Eddie Raja concepts? They were terrible :lol , I'm glad they changed him.

I think it's in art gallery 3.

Did you see the early Nate concepts? Aweful! :lol

Forsete said:
So far I LOVE the car chase, ruins, and the fort.. The fort was so awesome.

Does it keep improving like this?

Oh yeah man it just keeps getting better man.

Forsete said:
Did you see the early Nate concepts? Aweful! :lol

Yeah the nate concepts are truly horrendous looking he looks like the main character from space ace? or whatever the space version of dragons lair was.

Forsete

BruceLeeRoy said:

Yeah the nate concepts are truly horrendous looking he looks like the main character from space ace? or whatever the space version of dragons lair was.

Pinch me... NOW!

Kosma

Banned
Damn damn damn, just made it to chapter 8, the Drowned City. What a game guys, this is what's it all about. I hope Naughty Dog is already working on a sequel and this sells amazingly. Everytime I think the visuals can't get better and then I say wow again. Jesus.

Game is pretty hard on hard, I already died many times, but it's the right difficulty and it doesn't feel cheap.

Dante

BruceLeeRoy said:

yeah those early Nate concepts were bad, but it's cool, you could see the concept art where it just "clicked" and that's what they went with.

Also the most amazing this about this game is you can walk right on top of every texture in the game and there is no loss of detail or blurring no matter how close you get.

Jtrizzy

SIP YEK NOD said:
it has the same crappy selection of weapons, the same "10 shots to kill" enemies

I've never played Tomb Raider, and I get that you are trying to draw comparisons.

That said, what weapons would you prefer? This game has a great real world selection of weapons that get much better as the game progresses. That comment makes me think you haven't finished the game. I also like the fact that you can unlock weapons for subsequent play-throughs.

It doesn't take ten shots to kill any enemy either.

The Chef

oo Kosma oo said:
Damn damn damn, just made it to chapter 8, the Drowned City. What a game guys, this is what's it all about. I hope Naughty Dog is already working on a sequel and this sells amazingly. Everytime I think the visuals can't get better and then I say wow again. Jesus.

I just got to that part too. Couldn't have said it better myself

Kosma

Banned
The only thing that really bugs me so far is that sometimes you shoot a clearly visible body part of an enemy but the bullets don't hit. It's like there is some protocol that says "body needs to be visible this much or else no hit".

The Chef said:
I just got to that part too. Couldn't have said it better myself

When you drop of the bridge with the jeep and get your first view of the Drowned City from the water....gasp.

Jtrizzy said:
It doesn't take ten shots to kill any enemy either.

It only takes one to the head. Or three in the torso it seems.

Y2Kev said:
I'm playing through the game at a glacial pace. Chapter 11.

When did you get it? I got it yesterday and I'm in chapter 8 already :(

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The use of dialogue as a gameplay aid is excellent in this game.

- Grenade nearby -> Drake says something like "Oh crap no!"
- You're out of ammo -> Enemies shout "He's out of ammo" (I thought this one was particularly great as that's something enemies would actually say in real life so that they know when to storm you, but in the game it also helps you know what to do)
- You being shot a bit too much and not doing much about it -> Elena yells at you "Drake, get down!"

etc, etc. Looks like that guy from their team who was saying he wants to make the game playable with your eyes closed, wasn't completely joking.

G-Bus

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:

Game is pretty hard on hard, I already died many times, but it's the right difficulty and it doesn't feel cheap.

I felt the same way until later in the game where i would die 15 times on the same part :lol

Mesijs

G-Bus said:
I felt the same way until later in the game where i would die 15 times on the same part :lol

I don't think Hard is actually that Hard compared to crushing. Hard is just right, Crushing is a true test, and one where you (me at least) will die 30 times in a row in the same part.

Top Bottom