• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Loudninja said:
I already said spoliersssssssssssssssssssssss

I knoowwwwwwwwww but sometimes I don't consider things "big" spoilers, and Dante actually pointed out that there's a rather massive spoiler in the second video. Specifics ftw.

Dante

Loudninja said:
I already said spoliersssssssssssssssssssssss

:lol Like i actually read when I see a link to a new Uncharted movie, anyways might be time for me to go on a movie blackout, I'll still check out screens and the demo, just not anymore movies for fears of more spoilers.

The first vid is spoiler free, I haven't checked the third as the second one spoiled a major plot point :(

:(

Dante

Anastacio said:
BUt this sentence quiet already spoils it for us, no? =/

That's just speculation, you can't really see the screen the guy is blocking, just the monitor next to it. I wont dare make mention of the Uncharted spoiler cept warn people about that second video.

Just to be safe there is even some story hints in cutscenes in the first one that might be considered spoilers for those that want to go in totally fresh.

Loudninja said:
Well ok guys, sorry I should have bolded it

Nah you actually made an attempt to warn about spoilers. I was just thanking Dante for going the extra mile and saying the second video, precisely, had a big spoiler.

Kittonwy

Banned
PistolGrip said:
most likely an error

I hope they ship early like Ratchet did though rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Didn't Ratchet start shipping on the original release date it had? With Uncharted the date it has now has always been its date.

They went gold and manufacturing finished early. I was just wondering if this will be the same with Uncharted.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Didn't Ratchet start shipping on the original release date it had? With Uncharted the date it has now has always been its date.

Yes for Ratchet, no for Uncharted. Uncharted was always the 20th, now its the 19th.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Loudninja said:
Lets post more pics or something,i am BOREEED
Yes please, let's do.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Quick update Uncharted fans. Remember my friend who was reviewing the game and said his initial impressions were mildy negative. Well he now says the game is ambitious, compelling, stunningly beautiful and very, very fun.

Carry on as you were.

Loudninja

jetjevons said:
Quick update Uncharted fans. Remember my friend who was reviewing the game and said his initial impressions were mildy negative. Well he now says the game is ambitious, compelling, stunningly beautiful and very, very fun.

Carry on as you were.

So he finish it?Did he say anything else?

deepbrown

Omeyocan said:
The pirate directly in front of Nate is wearing earphones ! WTF ! What kind of music is listening ?
He's not a pirate is he?

Anyway if he is...you'd expect modern pirates to have everything under the sun...including a PS3 they've nicked lol

FabCam

Omeyocan said:
The pirate directly in front of Nate is wearing earphones ! WTF ! What kind of music is listening ?
He's listening to his Sony walkman with his Sony headphones whilst texting on his Sony Ericsson phone. Duh...

Mesijs

So, I received the review version and have been playing 4:38 hours and I completed it for 57%. I'm playing on Hard. That's the only difficulty you should be going for (and I'm not one of those 'if you haven't played Halo on Legendary in co-op you should shut up about it'-guys). This is because all the combat mechanics will be needed and the game really, really shines that way.

The combat is incredibly good. All the different elements (taking cover, switching cover, blind-firing, melee, shoot from hanging positions, grenades) are so extremely well combined and you need them ALL to succeed. It plays very, very fluently and just everything feels right.

Platforming is also a lot of fun and the locations are great. Characters are very believable, with very good voice-acting and very good motion-capturing. You really care about them during the storyline.

So, no negative points yet. I'll keep you posted and feel free to ask anything. But don't know if I got enough time to post here.

Kittonwy

Banned
jetjevons said:

Carry on as you were.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Loudninja

Mesijs said:
So, I received the review version and have been playing 4:38 hours and I completed it for 57%. I'm playing on Hard. That's the only difficulty you should be going for (and I'm not one of those 'if you haven't played Halo on Legendary in co-op you should shut up about it'-guys). This is because all the combat mechanics will be needed and the game really, really shines that way.

The combat is incredibly good. All the different elements (taking cover, switching cover, blind-firing, melee, shoot from hanging positions, grenades) are so extremely well combined and you need them ALL to succeed. It plays very, very fluently and just everything feels right.

Platforming is also a lot of fun and the locations are great. Characters are very believable, with very good voice-acting and very good motion-capturing. You really care about them during the storyline.

So, no negative points yet. I'll keep you posted and feel free to ask anything. But don't know if I got enough time to post here.

Well thats good, thanks man.Also how many things you treasures you got?

deepbrown

joshcryer said:
Four and a half hours? 1 or 2 point deduction confirmed!

Uh why? That puts at it 8hours total presuming the latter levels are the same difficulty and length as the early ones.

Plus why do games tell you how much percentage you've played? I hate that.

Mesijs

Loudninja said:
Well thats good, thanks man.Also how many things you treasures you got?

I got only 14 this time. In the preview version I got 13 and I've played like 2:30 hours extra since. :lol So I think I missed a lot of treasures, because there's a total of 60.

You can also unlock a lot of cool things with the medals (things like shooting 5 guys with headshot), like playing the game mirrored or improve the game speed by 2.

deepbrown

Mesijs said:
I got only 14 this time. In the preview version I got 13 and I've played like 2:30 hours extra since. :lol So I think I missed a lot of treasures, because there's a total of 60.

You can also unlock a lot of cool things with the medals (things like shooting 5 guys with headshot), like playing the game mirrored or improve the game speed by 2.

So part of this is your second/third play through as well...since you had the preview version. SO you're quite speedy.

Basch

otake said:
those four reviews are taking forever!

Well, the game won't be coming out until November 19th. Most sites are still covering Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, and Super Mario Galaxy. It will probably take another week before we get to see the first few reviews. Has anybody else noticed that the street date for the first issue of the new PlayStation: Official Magazine is November 20th, Uncharted's old release date? I wonder if they want to be the first to publish a review on the game. In that case, I should be getting a copy in the mail sometime this week. :D Unfortunately, three of the five magazines I subscribe to seem to come a week after it arrives at newstands (What's wrong with the Midwest?!?). I have no idea if PSM was one of them. Well, hopefully that won't be the case this time.

Hey, by the way, Anastacio, tell us what that message was that you recieved from Naughty Dog when the review copy came in! Come on, I even bolded your name; you have to reply this time.

Loudninja

Mesijs said:

Thatst good, because I am going for eveything!

Greg

deepbrown said:
So part of this is your second/third play through as well...since you had the preview version. SO you're quite speedy.
No, the MIB came with the copy of the game this time.

Top Bottom