• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

deepbrown

Firewire said:
Its my Santa Seasons Greetings avatar. Its only temporary till I get my x-mass lama one done.
But it's not even Decemeber! It's not Christmas!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Bring back the LLAMA :(

Kittonwy

Banned
deepbrown said:
But it's not even Decemeber! It's not Christmas!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Bring back the LLAMA :(

Teh barrelama has never left. He's watching over us.
Indifferent2.gif

Seriously though I could ramble on and on about how much I love this game.
Its been a long time that subsequent play-through's of sections I have already beat a dozen times can be so exhilerating and fun still.

tanod

when is my burrito
Green Shinobi said:
I hope you guys don't forget that I've been praising most aspects of the game because I pointed out what I thought was a (minor) flaw. This game is already in my top 10 for the year, and I can see it moving into the top 5 if it keeps up the way it's going (as of Chapter 15).

It's not that your complaint isn't valid, but it happens in every game ever made... ever. It's a dumb thing to single this title out for that.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I can see where Green Shinobi is coming from, and I felt similarly during my initial playthrough.

Overall, I do feel Uncharted has way too much combat. The game has awesome ambience, rich set pieces, a main hero I can relate to a la Indiana Jones, etc...

OKAY NOW LET'S MAKE YOU A ONE MAN ARMY. Gears of War or Resistance have high body counts because, y'know, it's a goddamn war against hordes of aliens. Nathan is supposed to be some seat-of-his-pants yahoo treasure hunter, not a commando waging a one-man war against a battalion of pirates.

deepbrown

chespace said:
Overall, I do feel Uncharted has way too much combat. The game has awesome ambience, rich set pieces, a main hero I can relate to a la Indiana Jones, etc...

OKAY NOW LET'S MAKE YOU A ONE MAN ARMY. Gears of War or Resistance have high body counts because, y'know, it's a goddamn war against hordes of aliens. Nathan is supposed to be some seat-of-his-pants yahoo treasure hunter, not a commando waging a one-man war against a battalion of pirates.
oh? The whole point is...he is an everyday man in an extraordinary circumstance...struggling killing these pirates, tripping over things...and even roping in his bitch to help him. So what HE is has no influence in the situation he finds himself in.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Damn right we do and its going to stay that way its going to officially be the DeepBruce page and we shall talk about...KITTONWY WTF!
Yuh he spoilt it...stupid pussy!
Indifferent2.gif

chespace said:

CHE..GTFO!!!! I dont need your pessemism today!

chespace said:
I can see where Green Shinobi is coming from, and I felt similarly during my initial playthrough.

More platforming would be better? Probably not.

tanod

when is my burrito
chespace said:

Drake may have the every-man "personality" but it's probably more accurate to describe him as a pirate with a conscience.

@Bruce: you need to take a chill pill

Core407

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
More platforming would be better? Probably not.

If the platforming was expanded upon then yeah, it would have worked.

I'd like them to take a more non-linear approach to the game. Place hidden treasures with actual worth in the game world around the environment and place clues around. Let the player actually use his own abilities to find the treasure.

Dave1988

chespace said:

Depends on the person's point of view. I, for example, treat Uncharted as a heavily upgraded RE4 and have no problems with Nate being an one man army. Action, action, action and more ACTION. That's what I love about Uncharted's demo and that's exactly what I'm expecting from the retail game (the PAL premiere can't come soon enough).

Con

Banned
deepbrown said:
It was sitting!? Wow...where?

As Cjtiger said; in the jungle scene where Sully is talking about a finding a Bride in a Brothel.
There are two monkeys sitting on a cliff above the water stream to the right.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Dave1988 said:
Depends on the person's point of view. I, for example, treat Uncharted as a heavily upgraded RE4 and have no problems with Nate being an one man army. Action, action, action and more ACTION. That's what I love about Uncharted's demo and that's exactly what I'm expecting from the retail game (the PAL premiere can't come soon enough).

The gun play is fun, but every game needs pacing. Among many of COD4's single-player letdowns for me was the fact that outside of All Ghillied Up, it was the same old non-stop-cranked-up-to-11 intensity that numbs you into a state of shellshock. I thought IW said the pacing was going to be more varied, but I guess not.

Uncharted could have used a less is more mentality with the encounters. Make each one way more memorable (and tougher) and space out the combat just a bit more. In that sense, I could REALLY relate with Nathan when he said "man these guys are everywhere!"

spwolf

chespace said:

did you ever actually watch Indiana Jones? Compared to Indy, Drake is just a lil kid.

JB1981

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually agree w/ Che regarding the pacing and the lack of variety. I'm re-playing the game on Crushing difficulty and it does have too much shooting. I think it needed more vehicle segments and more challenging platforming. I actually just quit out of the game cuz I was getting bored. This is one of those games where the first playthrough is definitely best.

the_id

Wollan said:
http://bilder.vgb.no/7989/8-905.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Drake will need a massive hair cut, gain some weight, get a gruffy voice and wear a kitty helmet then. what kind of treasures to they have up there?

Wollan

We need more tropical environments. But I also want a skuba diving element in the sequel. Besides that.. surprise me Naughty Dog.
But for Gods sake ND, do not go urban. Go rural maybe but not urban.

Edit: Actually Australia would be pretty cool imho.

Wollan said:
We need more tropical environments. But I also want a skuba diving element in the sequel. Besides that.. surprise me Naughty Dog.
But for Gods sake ND, do not got urban. Go rural maybe but not urban.

Where would you take cover? Behind mounds of sand and dingo eaten babies?

the_id

Wollan said:

Somewhere in the Australian Outback hunting for some hidden Aborogine treasure the colonists tried to hide from mother england. drake dives in the great barrier reef to recover a lost piece of a puzzle, drives all the way back to sydney...oh snap...we're going urban!

come to think of it, New Zealand and Maori myths and legends can also make a nice story...

Core407

Banned
Wollan said:
But for Gods sake ND, do not got urban. Go rural maybe but not urban.

Would be cool if they went really big with it and had the main stories puzzle require accessing different environments. Basically flying from one place on earth to another on the other side of the planet.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I want another jak game

uncharted is amazing n all and I'm up for another sequel, but its not jak :(, JAK Universe and setting is just unmatched.

plz ND make another jak!

Wollan

This is me revoking your gaming license CJ.

Uncharted 2 should absolutely be their next game.

Uncharted 2: Drake's Walkabout.

Top Bottom