• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Pimpwerx

Firewire said:
Another Review!

PS: Why are so many reviews late to the party?
I'm convinced not everyone played past the demo stage of the game before producing a review. The later reviews are all higher than the early ones. It's much the same for Resistance. I don't think much effort was put in by some reviewers. Then again, my complaint amounts to bitching about a few decimal points, so it really doesn't matter. The game is A+ quality. Every PS3 owner should have it. PEACE.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Replaying on crushing, wow their accuracy is much better and they work more in unison. I've died more then enough by being double flanked and no place to fall back too. Damn need to stop using the bait and draw method.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
justjohn said:
FINISHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED :(
i hope naughty dog are busy working on uncharted 2, i just love the characters so much.
:D

Nice!

I think we are all hoping for that but we all know Jak is next.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I finished it on normal yesterday, 8h45m playtime. I'm sure I spent about 15 hours on it, including deaths.
I'm playing it on hard now and it's even better, the firefights play out much more nicely on hard:D

justjohn

the reason why i'm so happy to finish is that i rarely finish games. in fact this is my first ever finished ps3 game. and i already own HS, ratchet, resistance and motorstorm. none of them finished, got bored halfway or stuck and never completed.
uncharted is completely different, not too easy or too hard, just perfect and gripping.
anyway i'm done with ps3 games for 2007. lets hope 08 brings us more goodness :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
[CFD] El Capitan said:
Nice!

I think we are all hoping for that but we all know Jak is next.
How do we know this? Have they mentioned anything about it thus far?

I mean, before Resistance was released, Insomniac was already showing off technology in development for Ratchet and Clank. We knew it was on the way early on. I haven't seen a single piece of information regarding a new Jak game thus far.

Raist

Banned
justjohn said:
the reason why i'm so happy to finish is that i rarely finish games. in fact this is my first ever finished ps3 game. and i already own HS, ratchet, resistance and motorstorm. none of them finished, got bored halfway or stuck and never completed.
uncharted is completely different, not too easy or too hard, just perfect and gripping.
anyway i'm done with ps3 games for 2007. lets hope 08 brings us more goodness :D

Same here, except for RFoM. Finished and 100% completed.

And I still have a f'in huge PS2 backlog :(

Firewire

Banned
Finished crushing for the second time about 30 minutes ago. Damn hard! doesn't get any easier with the second play through either. My trigger finger is all sorts of jumpy right now!
Uncharted will now be placed into my self made shrine of the most ultimate games ever!

I now wait in eager anticipation for Uncharted 2.

Thank you, Naughty Dog!

justjohn

Raist said:
Same here, except for RFoM. Finished and 100% completed.

And I still have a f'in huge PS2 backlog :(
actually i have only two ps3 games to finish. ffxii and god of war 2. i'm saving them for the christmas holidays

Maggot9

Banned
I'm playing on Hard right now and I just noticed I have SloMo mode unlocked. If I enable it in certain parts, it will still count as beating the game on hard right?

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Pimpwerx said:
I'm convinced not everyone played past the demo stage of the game before producing a review.

After reading some very general impressions being passed off as reviews from smaller sites, I also considered that possibility. A lot of sites are too eager to post their "reviews", but unfortunately aren't important enough to receive review copies from the publishers. So, they take what they can get and try to beat the rush of reviews for some easy hits.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Maggot9 said:
I'm playing on Hard right now and I just noticed I have SloMo mode unlocked. If I enable it in certain parts, it will still count as beating the game on hard right?

Yeah it will count as you beat it on hard. I found it easier to just sensitivity to max and it was easier to deal with the fire fights...Well until you get to crushing. Then the rewards are all disabled (well at least every time I peak in I see everything grayed out and the words disabled).

Raist

Banned
justjohn said:
actually i have only two ps3 games to finish. ffxii and god of war 2. i'm saving them for the christmas holidays

FFXII, GoW I, MGS3, Suiko V, SMT : Nocturne, DQ8, Okami.

Not that many games, but most of them are pretty long :p

quetz67

Banned
justjohn said:
Did you play Ninja Gaiden Sigma? That one got me and I played through it pretty fast. Not even my type of game, but excellent design, gameplay and balancing.

justjohn

Raist said:
FFXII, GoW I, MGS3, Suiko V, SMT : Nocturne, DQ8, Okami.

Not that many games, but most of them are pretty long :p
i think you should start with dq8. it was my favourite game of all time but tonite it was dethroned :D

justjohn

quetz67 said:
Did you play Ninja Gaiden Sigma? That one got me and I played through it pretty fast. Not even my type of game, but excellent design, gameplay and balancing.
i played the demo and for some reason i just didnt like it. which i found odd cos i'm huge fan of hack and slash but oh well

deepbrown

Wow just did a stealth kill...the guy sees me and starts saying "he's Here..." but I get behind him and Drake muffles his mouth...cutting his words off, and he suffocates him to the ground...meaning that the others didn't actually hear him and I can carry on stealthy them! I didn't think it was that clever!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
oo Kosma oo, I didn't notice it. I'll watch the scene again to make sure.

deepbrown said:
Wow just did a stealth kill...the guy sees me and starts saying "he's Here..." but I get behind him and Drake muffles his mouth...cutting his words off, and he suffocates him to the ground...meaning that the others didn't actually hear him and I can carry on stealthy them! I didn't think it was that clever!
Wow!! That's some MGS-level anal detail style awesomeness right there.

Raist

Banned
justjohn said:
i think you should start with dq8. it was my favourite game of all time but tonite it was dethroned :D

Well. I've started all those games actually. And DQ8 is probably the one I won't ever touch again. Didn't like it AT ALL.

Anyway.

@ oo Kosma oo> SILENCE.
I hate my postal service :(

deepbrown

Marconelly said:
oo Kosma oo, I didn't notice it. I'll watch the scene again to make sure.

Wow!! That's some MGS-level anal detail style awesomeness right there.
Yeah was really good...I've seen the same stealth kill, but I didn't actually know it would muffle what he was saying, and mean that others wouldn't hear him. Was hella satisfying to then go on and break the necks of the rest :p

The Chef

Pimpwerx said:
People really are pussies. That or just completely naive. As awesome as UDF is, the story is cliched. ALL game stories are. If you didn't forsee it, you're crazy. Hell, we have stories like this from real Egyptian **** ******s. I think it's almost mandatory for treasure hunting games. PEACE.

hahahahahaha your telling me that
you were not surprised to find freakin Decent style monsters in this game and that anyone who didn't see that coming is naive?
Damn I wish I was as smart as you Pimpwerx. PEACE

deepbrown said:
Yeah was really good...I've seen the same stealth kill, but I didn't actually know it would muffle what he was saying, and mean that others wouldn't hear him. Was hella satisfying to then go on and break the necks of the rest :p

that is so awesome

Forsete

Glad they left this design behind.

PzzbEmdFA.jpg

nwgloyWng.jpg

fyTlFgdks.jpg

Max Payne?

HYoaDAKhc.jpg

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
dark10x said:
How do we know this? Have they mentioned anything about it thus far?

I mean, before Resistance was released, Insomniac was already showing off technology in development for Ratchet and Clank. We knew it was on the way early on. I haven't seen a single piece of information regarding a new Jak game thus far.

Thats true. I hope thats the case. I wouldnt want them to rush a sequel out though.

Atrus

Gold Member
deepbrown said:

Yeah. In the area where the traps first appear, I managed to path a way to kill everyone up to the guy with the grenade launcher (1st one seen in the game) but trying to do everything using stealth is quite tough, though very cinematic.

Sneaked up to the first guy and cracked his neck, rushed second guy and he was taken out in the same way yours was when he calls for help, and then hugged the wall and waited for the patrolling guard to get close and then another stealth kill.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Someone help, when I come out of the catacombs, this happens....Whenever I walk anywhere Drake falls into an abyss and dies. HALP!

071130-1450370953-1280x720.jpg

I'm guessing my Bluray drive doesn't want to load the rest of the level, but wow. Never had this happen before.

The Chef

Dot50Cal said:
Someone help, when I come out of the catacombs, this happens....Whenever I walk anywhere Drake falls into an abyss and dies. HALP!

I'm guessing my Bluray drive doesn't want to load the rest of the level, but wow. Never had this happen before.

Does this happen every single time?

Dot50Cal

Banned
The Chef said:
Does this happen every single time?

Yep, But I just quit the game and re-loaded it and it works.

Interesting that they load the entire levels geometry on the fly, and not just the textures. Its all good now :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dot50Cal said:
Yep, But I just quit the game and re-loaded it and it works.

Interesting that they load the entire levels geometry on the fly, and not just the textures. Its all good now :D
Yeah, I've noticed that on a few occasions where the level hasn't completely loaded after I boot up the game to continue it - you can actually see geometry complexifying as well as textures, all in a few passes.

Gigglepoo

God, this Gerstmann situation is so depressing. I have to keep coming into this thread to remind myself why I love gaming to begin with.

I never liked Crash Bandicoot and never got into the Jax games. Heck, Combat Racing actually caused me immense physical pain. But Uncharted, even ignoring pure enjoyment, is just an incredibly well made game. It is rare to see a development team completely understand why their property is worthwhile. There are no distractions in this game. It is precisely focused on what makes this game unique and, more importantly, fun. The game has incredible pacing which means sections finish before they get boring. I always feel like shooting one more guy or making one more jump before the next section opens. That is a well designed game. It keeps me hooked, urging me to see more.

My only complaint (now that I have learned to live with the motion blur) - The game starts out with a strong narrative backbone. But then it kind of goes away from it. I'd like to see more short cut-scenes thrown in. They are every bit as entertaining as the actual gameplay, so I'm surprised they aren't sprinkled more liberally throughout. Of course, I'm only 3 or so hours into the game, story may become more important later on. For now, that's my one small complaint.

Pimpwerx said:
I'm convinced not everyone played past the demo stage of the game before producing a review. The later reviews are all higher than the early ones. It's much the same for Resistance. I don't think much effort was put in by some reviewers. Then again, my complaint amounts to bitching about a few decimal points, so it really doesn't matter. The game is A+ quality. Every PS3 owner should have it. PEACE.

that's right, a video review on a big french web site is full of shit. Everything they say about the game is purely wrong. They bitching about a lot of thing but it's just they suck so much that they don't know how to play.

I'm on my second playthrough on difficult and I love this game even more. I don't understand why it got so poor reviews.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Just beat it. Man I wish I could do video's of the later levels but that would spoil so much. Really awesome game! With all these extra's I'll definitely be going through it again. Maybe Mirror World this time :D

Kosma

Banned
Game keeps getting better and better, just got to chapter 18.

I love the fact that Drake and Raja team up for that battle, that whole scene is so Hollywood. Love it. The Vault level is a nice breather with some platforming too. I really wish I wasn't at 82% already...the wait for Uncharted 2 will be crushing.

Dot50Cal said:
Just beat it. Man I wish I could do video's of the later levels but that would spoil so much. Really awesome game! With all these extra's I'll definitely be going through it again. Maybe Mirror World this time :D

Don't spoil anything, but does it get better then
The Vault with all those lamps swinging and platforming and the shootout against the zombies (all those arches looked really good too by the way, so much variety in scenery in this game, didn't expect that) ?

Dot50Cal

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Don't spoil anything, but does it get better then
The Vault with all those lamps swinging and platforming and the shootout against the zombies (all those arches looked really good too by the way, so much variety in scenery in this game, didn't expect that) ?

You are in for awesomeness :)

Word of warning when watching videos, dont hit ANY buttons. It goes back to the menu. That's kinda disappointing.

YYZ

I manipulated the camera in chapter 21 (near the final treasure) and this happened. It was by accident, but I can reproduce it with some luck.

Uncharted_Walkthrough

Top Bottom