• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

inFamous is competing with Prototype as the most interesting new story driven IP of 2008, in part based on concept and in part based on how good these two developers are. I expect great things from Sucker Punch. Crackdown gave me a taste for open world superhuman fun, and games from the dudes behind Sly Cooper and by far the most fun destroy everything game, Hulk UD? 2008 is going to be awesome.

Core407

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
inFamous is competing with Prototype as the most interesting new story driven IP of 2008, in part based on concept and in part based on how good these two developers are. I expect great things from Sucker Punch.

I'm not really looking for a debate but you find Prototype's story to actually be good?

Just finished the game after a somewhat casual playthrough with 57/60 Treasures and 28/47 Medals. Seems decent for my first playthrough. I've recommended this to most of my gaming friends and with all the constant adverts it should see strong sales. This is on the short list of current gen games that I'd consider amazing. ND delivered in spades. Also, I'm actually glad to see the original red & white shirt still in the game. Think I'll switch to that for my next go.

Jigsaw said:
so,just wondering,any chance that eddy
could have survived the zombie bite in the neck and return in part 2?i kinda liked him in the end :(
Between
the fall and the attack I highly doubt it, but you never know. I did actually like him a bit. Even when he was trying to get over on you he was kinda charming and likeable unlike Roman (pompous) Navarro (nefarious). I'm sure ND have more charaters to look forward too in the series though it wouldn't surprise me to see Eddy make an appearance in the next game.

SRG01

DevelopmentArrested said:
So, no biased answers but is this game + Ratchet worth buying a PS3 for this Christmas?

Uh, yes. Uncharted is hands-down the best experience on the PS3 or any next-gen console right now.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
So, no biased answers but is this game + Ratchet worth buying a PS3 for this Christmas?

I would say yes in my opinion since those 2 games are very freaking awesome played Ratchet to death and its freaking good going to start Uncharted soon and from the demo and impressions on this thread it's awesome as well if you like these types of games.

Kittonwy

Banned

Uncharted alone is worth buying a PS3 this Christmas, Uncharted AND Ratchet? Oh yeah fucking forget about it rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Core407

Banned
Resistance a solid 3rd pick?

Thanks guys.

It's all about the first party titles, imo. You're still going to get the same amount of enjoyment out of something like Motorstorm as you would when it first came out. It's still on top in its genre.

My recommendations (in no particular order):

Formula 1 - Motorstorm - Resistance - Uncharted - R&C.

Those five titles you cannot go wrong with. Everything else seems to be dictated by personal taste (Heavenly Sword).

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Wollan said:
Uncharted, R&C and Resistance are the three top PS3 games atm imo (several would put Warhawk in there).

Yeah I would defiantly fucking put Warhawk in there man especially with the new booster pack coming out @#$@#$@# :D

Heh.

Uncharted could very well be the single most compelling experience on the console right now. By itself I don't think R+C is exactly a must-buy system seller. Combined with Uncharted the two make a hell of a one-two punch for the holiday push. Buy the system (suggest the system?) along with both games, have a blast and then get ready for what's in the pipepline for 2008. Cheers.

Resistance a solid 3rd pick?

Thanks guys.
*looks at game library*

Yes.

TEH-CJ

Banned

Hell yes, ratchet and clank is probably my personal goty with uncharted right behind it, Both amazing games.

YYZ said:
What display is he playing on?

I´ll ask him ;)

Edit:

Samsung LN46M81BXXAZ Full HD :D

TEH-CJ said:
Nice man :)

but i think he might have reds a little to high while he calibrated his tv.

Actually the problem is the camera, he said that the colors got a little strange in the pics.

Kittonwy

Banned
·feist· said:
Heh.

Uncharted could very well be the single most compelling experience on the console right now. By itself I don't think R+C is exactly a must-buy system seller. Combined with Uncharted the two make a hell of a one-two punch for the holiday push. Buy the system (suggest the system?) along with both games, have a blast and then get ready for what's in the pipepline for 2008. Cheers.

*looks at game library*

Yes.

Uncharted - Ratchet - Resistance are like the three punches of teh brutal combo.
Indifferent2.gif

Core407 said:
I'm not really looking for a debate but you find Prototype's story to actually be good?

Given that there is no such thing as a good story in video games, it sounds as good or better than anything else out there, and it being driven by that story makes it more valuable than something like Crackdown.

the_id

why are you pointing that gun at elena?!

elena is perfect. ND...you don't need to add more boobies on her. And DO NOT EVER let her wear tight leather!

the_id

Elbrain said:
Does anyone else get the vibe that Elena kind of looks like Jennifer Aniston in her younger days :D

Hotness scale: Elena >>>> Jennifer Aniston.
Talent scale: Elena >>>>> Jennifer Aniston.
Action scale: Elena >>>>>> Jennifer Aniston.

thats right...even a virtual babe can beat Jennifer Aniston.

Tendou

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Given that there is no such thing as a good story in video games, it sounds as good or better than anything else out there, and it being driven by that story makes it more valuable than something like Crackdown.

So wrong...

Pimpwerx

I think I'll use my return on an HDTV. The lighting in the game is so good I use silhouettes to spot hidden enemies. On crushing I've had to come up with really creative strategies to overcome the odds. John Cena ain't got shit on me. :D

Tendou said:
So wrong...

Not really, stories in video games are shit. Without exception, much thanks to the lack of standard direction but also because the characters are so god damned weak and because well, the writers are either shit (game scriptwriting seems to be to quality writing as gaming journalists is to quality journalism) or because their grander ideas are tempered by directors aiming to first and foremost make a good game.
There are however varying levels of entertainment and immersion to be had, and in that respect Prototype seems to be hanging with the "best" of them, and sans laughable suggestions of importance. Story driven open world mutant bloodshed, it can't get much better than that.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Some pics i took from my calibrated sony bravia xbr :D

picture051cv3.jpg

picture048fk3.jpg

picture066nd8.jpg

picture067zz1.jpg

picture054bu2.jpg

I have a shitty camera tho :(, but believe me this game looks amazing on this set O_O

about to start my crushing play through. I only need the stealth medal and 32 treasures :p
Where's a good place to get stealth kills, I think I only have 5-6 total from 2 times through.

Tendou

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Not really, stories in video games are shit. Without exception, much thanks to the lack of standard direction but also because the characters are so god damned weak and because well, the writers are either shit (game scriptwriting seems to be to quality writing as gaming journalists is to quality journalism) or because their grander ideas are tempered by directors aiming to first and foremost make a good game.
There are however varying levels of entertainment and immersion to be had, and in that respect Prototype seems to be hanging with the "best" of them, and sans laughable suggestions of importance. Story driven open world mutant bloodshed, it can't get much better than that.
How does the Metal Gear Solid series fit into your beliefs?

Yes, you can ignore the second installement...

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:
about to start my crushing play through. I only need the stealth medal and 32 treasures :p
Where's a good place to get stealth kills, I think I only have 5-6 total from 2 times through.

On crushing? Stealth killz? Lawlz.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:

Even Soul Reaver's storyline?
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom