• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Kosma

Banned
deepbrown said:
There's one bit where Nathan looks surprised...and it's just like Jak and Daxter...it's pure ND gold look that clearer wasn't made by the actor in the mo-cap...you know the bit i mean?

Errr I'm thinking really hard here! Help me out.

centracore

I just now beat the game and wow... I don't think I've played such an all around awesome game in a long time. Everything about this game is likable - the characters, the dialogue, the story!

I really hope Naughty Dog is already hard at work on a sequel! :D

Maggot9

Banned
On crushing im at the firefight with
the shallow water underground.

it's pretty difficult. must have tried it 15 times already.

calder

One of my brothers bought a PS3 today, and a new 42" TV that I hate him for having. I lent him a couple of games and a few BD (Planet Earth, AC, PotC 1 and 2) and he bought COD4 as his one game to play for a bit. He asked to borrow Uncharted but I refused, I told him he'd love it as it's exactly the sort of genre and story he'd appreciate but that he needs to buy a copy for himself. Tough, but fair.

calder said:
One of my brothers bought a PS3 today, and a new 42" TV that I hate him for having. I lent him a couple of games and a few BD (Planet Earth, AC, PotC 1 and 2) and he bought COD4 as his one game to play for a bit. He asked to borrow Uncharted but I refused, I told him he'd love it as it's exactly the sort of genre and story he'd appreciate but that he needs to buy a copy for himself. Tough, but fair.

HAHA I just did this exact same thing to a friend of mine wants to borrow it so bad I said hell no go buy it you leeching poon.

Erebus

Maggot9 said:
On crushing im at the firefight with
the shallow water underground.

it's pretty difficult. must have tried it 15 times already.

Wow, I'm in the exact same area on crushing as well! Dude, it's really frustrating. Any suggestions? I even tried passing it with the grenade-launcher weapon but still no luck :(

DeepBrown this my dear friend is for you:
6x77o7m.jpg

Playing this game in Super Slow Motion is awesome(Especially chapter 20/21/22). However! You really see some weird things, for example: When you reload the M79 he takes out the spent cartridge but when he puts one in...it's a ghost cartridge!? you can't see it!

YYZ

Kittonwy said:
Those are awesome fucking speedruns rawr.
Indifferent2.gif
they're not speedruns, lol. Although I suppose they could be considered speedruns. I think they are actually the best way to get through this area, but yes, I was actually surprised at how quick it was when I first figured it out.

As someone who hates tearing etc I went into the demo expecting the worse. I noticed everytime it teared but after playing the through the demo I came to the conclusion that Unchartered is the best looking game I've ever seen. The tearing was pretty rare and didn't detract from the awesomness that is Unchartered's visuals. I've since ordered the game (christmas present) and played through the demo over 20 times with each time being as fun as the last. If not more.

Ok my question.

Is the tearing in the full game:

1 the same as the demo?
2 less frequent?
3 more frequent?

Thanks.

Yoboman

Bearillusion said:
As someone who hates tearing etc I went into the demo expecting the worse. I noticed everytime it teared but after playing the through the demo I came to the conclusion that Unchartered is the best looking game I've ever seen. The tearing was pretty rare and didn't detract from the awesomness that is Unchartered's visuals. I've since ordered the game (christmas present) and played through the demo over 20 times with each time being as fun as the last. If not more.

Ok my question.

1 as frequent as the demo
2 less frequent
3 more frequent

Thanks.
Less frequent, it steadily decreases after the demo level and eventually I don't think it was there anymore, or so rare that it was unnoticable

I saw zero tearing in the full game(Or maybe I was way into it). DeepBrown also said he experienced very little earlier in the thread. You'll be fine.

Kittonwy

Banned
Bearillusion said:

Ok my question.

1 the same as the demo?
2 less frequent?
3 more frequent?

Thanks.

2 less frequent rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I hope in the sequel, Naughty Dog does the following:

1. adds a twist to the very "standard" shooting mechanics.
2. adds a twist to the very "standard" story (that was pretty compelling to begin with, though)
3. Creates challenging platforming that requires thought, accurate judgement, and timing
4. incorporates more puzzles and puzzles that require actual thought instead of ones that can be solved by pressing the "select" button.

These are big gripes, but the game is great as it is now. I'm having a great time with Uncharted and I'm on my second play-through.

dralla

ok so I tried to capture some footage but my video card is dying on me. I just need someone to download this video and tell me if it skips/chugs. It does on my PC but im not sure if it's because my video card couldn't capture it correctly or my PC is a POS. [most likely both]. I was able to capture just a week ago with no problems :[

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0osy1k

I told myself I would stay home, watch teh fight and finish my english paper, damn uncharted :[
:]

Bearillusion said:
Thank you. I'm just blown away everytime I play the demo by how good the game looks. Easily the best looking game I've seen this gen.

If you like the demo the actual game will absolutely blow you away.

jax (old)

Banned
great game. superb all round except for jetski (drive stop/shoot..repeat... not fun) + grenades (sequel = GOW style please - HATE HATE suxaxis control) hardly used them because the controls were not right.

also. You only ever had to log balance once/wtice. In that same place as the Demo. = Six axis control = rubbish.

BUY THIS PLEASE SO WE CAN GET A SEQUEL.

Yoboman

Jax said:
great game. superb all round except for jetski (drive stop/shoot..repeat... not fun) + grenades (sequel = GOW style please - HATE HATE suxaxis control) hardly used them because the controls were not right.

also. You only ever had to log balance once/wtice. In that same place as the Demo. = Six axis control = rubbish.

GOW had the worst and slowest grenade controls ever, so no

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So, does anyone have a list of the LOCATION of each treasure? Even just a by-chapter list would suffice. I miss just 5 and I have no idea where to look for them. Also, what's the secret medal between Dyno-Might! and Run-and-Gunner? That, and the Master Fortune Hunter are the ones I'm missing.

Cheers

deepbrown

Jax said:

You don't have to use sixaxis for grenades...it's optional.

orio7

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
Uncha uncha uncha

ウンチャウンチャウンチャ

OMG EB IS SO AWESOME YOU CAN HATE ON SONY THERE HURR HURR

Steroyd

TTP said:
So, does anyone have a list of the LOCATION of each treasure? Even just a by-chapter list would suffice. I miss just 5 and I have no idea where to look for them. Also, what's the secret medal between Dyno-Might! and Run-and-Gunner? That, and the Master Fortune Hunter are the ones I'm missing.

Cheers

Gamefaqs?

Wow Gamefaqs has been sucking lately.

Defuser

TTP said:
lol, should be fun trying to get this one.
This one is quite easy, Chapter 4 where you take down the guy wielding the grenade launcher on the ledge,climb the ledge,grab the weapon and 4/5 guys from afar will jump down and come after you,use the grenade launcher to take 3 of them out,kill yourself by activating one of the booby traps and repeat again.

jax (old)

Banned
Yoboman said:
GOW had the worst and slowest grenade controls ever, so no

At least they were aimable and I never had problem... I can't even use Grenades in Uncharted.

add:

optional? How else do you aim it? With the up down on dpad?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Defuser said:
This one is quite easy, Chapter 4 where you take down the guy wielding the grenade launcher on the ledge,climb the ledge,grab the weapon and 4/5 guys from afar will jump down and come after you,use the grenade launcher to take 3 of them out,kill yourself by activating one of the booby traps and repeat again.

Ah so I can use the grenade launcher for this one. Nice. I was going to attempt this just by tossing grenades. You saved me like a month or so of trials&errors :lol

JB1981

Ok guys,

I completed the game weeks ago and sometimes I want to go back and re-play my favorite levels or firefights or whatever, but suddenly every time I try my disc gets stuck in a never-ending loop at the loading screen. If I try to play an earlier level without setting up auto-save or even creating a new save, the little medallion in the corner turns and turns, the music skips and the level never loads. WTF is this? Are you guys running into the same problems? I think my blu-ray drive is borked.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JB1981 said:
Ok guys,

I completed the game weeks ago and sometimes I want to go back and re-play my favorite levels or firefights or whatever, but suddenly every time I try my disc gets stuck in a never-ending loop at the loading screen. If I try to play an earlier level without setting up auto-save or even creating a new save, the little medallion in the corner turns and turns, the music skips and the level never loads. WTF is this? Are you guys running into the same problems? I think my blu-ray drive is borked.
I had the exact same problem. My solution was to send the game back and get a new one. You should try the game on another PS3 just like I did, but the same problem occurred.

JB1981

Seiken said:
I had the exact same problem. My solution was to send the game back and get a new one. You should try the game on another PS3 just like I did, but the same problem occurred.

I'm already on my second copy because my first one froze at level 13 :(

I think this game is just buggy, man.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey at least you could beat the game :(... my copy stopped working right after the first chapter.

JB1981

Seiken said:
Hey at least you could beat the game :(... my copy stopped working right after the first chapter.

Jesus dude, have you posted anything about it on the Sony boards at all? That is just crazy

JB1981

spwolf said:
did you try deleting save and starting over again?

well, when i couldn't get past level 13, i went back and re-played level 12 and that did the trick, but this was a long time ago and my new issue is a whole different thing entirely.

i think these games with streaming tech have issues. i encountered a similar problem with R&C.

Manp

Yoboman said:
Less frequent, it steadily decreases after the demo level and eventually I don't think it was there anymore, or so rare that it was unnoticable

not really... i'm at chapter 13 and tearing is still there like in the rest of the game. but it's not really a problem, i mean game is awesome... who cares about tearing?

:)

Maggot9

Banned
DarkUSS said:
Wow, I'm in the exact same area on crushing as well! Dude, it's really frustrating. Any suggestions? I even tried passing it with the grenade-launcher weapon but still no luck :(

Beat it yesterday night. Stay against that rocky cover in front of you as soon as you drop down. Take down the first wave from there (use the grenade launcher if you wish). Once they're dead, another wave will come down from the direction where YOU dropped down from (behind you), so get out of the cover you started at and head down to the other end of the room. (Theres an AK47 leaning against one of the rocks. pick it up). Once they're dead, 2 more guys will come down with shotguns. If you have sufficient ammo, take them out when they try to rush you with blind fire.

Kosma

Banned
Anecdotal sales evidence from Europe: on it's first few days Uncharted seems to have sold pretty good, not quite COD4 and AC I think but pretty good, all this from what I've seen in the store where I work on the weekends.

I really don't get why Sony 1st party games all seem to be 5 euro more expensive then 3rd party ones. That's crazy.

painey

Uncharted is currently #1 top seller on Shopto.net (all formats), #3 Play.com (all formats, #1 in PS3 chart) and #17 on Amazon.co.uk (all format, including consoles and accessories, #4 in PS3 chart including 40gig console)

Yoshichan

JB1981 said:
Jesus dude, have you posted anything about it on the Sony boards at all? That is just crazy
I haven't :( Too late now anyway.

Steroyd

5 times... awe crap, there was this section on chapter 17 where I could have restarted over and over again to get the medal.

Speaking of Chapter 17 I just completed it..,WTF!? o_O

Kweh

If I start a New Game, will it overwrite my current game save? I want to show the game off to a mate later, and will start at the beginning but don't want to lose my existing save like I did with Heavenly Sword - which was a pain since I'd just finished it.

Top Bottom