• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

If you use Chapter Select, it won't autosave at all. Just start from the beginning with that. Unless you save it yourself you won't lose anything.

deepbrown

oo Kosma oo said:
Anecdotal sales evidence from Europe: on it's first few days Uncharted seems to have sold pretty good, not quite COD4 and AC I think but pretty good, all this from what I've seen in the store where I work on the weekends.

I really don't get why Sony 1st party games all seem to be 5 euro more expensive then 3rd party ones. That's crazy.
Sony titles are £10 cheaper than 3rd party ones in the UK...

Kosma

Banned
deepbrown said:
Sony titles are £10 cheaper than 3rd party ones in the UK...

That's how it should be. Here in the Netherlands both Uncharted and Ratchet launched at 75 or 69 euro's. When normal PS3 games are 65 or 59.

Chao

UnchartedNerd.png

I don't know if this has been posted yet.

Looks like there's a grave on the spanish version of the game which says:

"Si usted está leyendo esta piedra sepulcral usted es un nerd enorme. Consiga por favor una vida y consiga una novia"

Translation:

"If you can read this grave, you're a huge nerd. Please get a life and a girlfriend."

Is this for real? :lol

BeeDog

From what I can remember of my old Spanish lessons and from what I can gather from the picture, it does indeed say what Chao said. :D

Chao

BeeDog said:
From what I can remember of my old Spanish lessons and from what I can gather from the picture, it does indeed say what Chao said. :D

Somebody must find this grave and take a better shot, for great justice.
Naughty Dog laughing at graphic whores!

ashs

Banned
Chao said:
UnchartedNerd.png

"Si usted está leyendo esta piedra sepulcral usted es un nerd enorme. Consiga por favor una vida y consiga una novia"

Translation:

"If you can read this grave, you're a huge nerd. Please get a life and a girlfriend."

if it says that, that is awesome.

Kittonwy

Banned
Chao said:
UnchartedNerd.png

Translation:

ROFFLES!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Chao said:
Somebody must find this grave and take a better shot, for great justice.
Naughty Dog laughing at graphic whores!

There u go

8ebnltt.jpg

It's not just in the spanish version of the game. That is MENT to be written in spanish.

Kittonwy

Banned
I never got around to posting this last week, but I finished the game for the 1st time on hard with 30 treasures and 550 points. Amazing, amazing fucking game. I'm probably going to start playing it on crushing today.

If you have a PS3, and don't own this game, you're part of the problem.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
which was? :)

btw, 1000 get! :)

Teh mini 50 killz, I never seemed to use it much through my first playthrough or my second on crushing, probably because I like using the handgun for headshots more. Congrats on the 1000 pts btw, well earned.
Indifferent2.gif

Chao

TTP said:
THE PROOF

Woah, so it was true.
Actually, the girlfriend thing is not really readable because it's covered on moss, but the NERD part is clearly visible.

Oh Naughty Dog, you're so... naughty...

SSM25

Chao said:
UnchartedNerd.png

Translation:

:lol ....en que capitulo esta la piedra ?

JB1981

i played this right after gears today and man .....

the lighting and the activity of the outdoor enviornments and texture variety really does set this game apart. i think it is definitely the best looking game out there

untapped power fucking confirmed

painey

haha, i guess the point is in the english version of the game they expect anyone who reads that to have probably gone online and translated, but when they translated the game over to spanish they forgot to take it out or retranslate it to a language people there dont speak natively :lol

SSM25

painey said:
haha, i guess the point is in the english version of the game they expect anyone who reads that to have probably gone online and translated, but when they translated the game over to spanish they forgot to take it out or retranslate it to a language people there dont speak natively :lol

or maybe it's because there were spanish people on the island..........and they knew some nerds on a forum would read that a couple of hundred years later. :p

Steroyd

Bloody hell @ Crushed difficulty.

I'm temporarily stuck at the demo section, the enemies are so frikken aggressive they don't give me time to heal.

And they retarded my Ai companions. :(

wotter

I'm at chapter 15 right now
Monastery
and holy shit @ the visuals. Naughty Dog raised the bar so high for the other devs it's not even funny anymore. I have around 37 treasures and 250 points and I've played around 7-8 hours (trying to find everything). I'm so glad I bought this game (and have the T-shirt).

I got 1000 points!!!!!!!!! Fun stuff! The only rewards I am missing are the ones that require entering a button sequence. Does anyone know where to find those???

deepbrown

cjtiger300 said:
I got 1000 points!!!!!!!!! Fun stuff! The only rewards I am missing are the ones that require entering a button sequence. Does anyone know where to find those???
I have them all :D I gave them to everyone in this thread...but noone was interested. Oh well

beerbelly said:
I'm getting a PS3 with Uncharted as a free bundled game this Christmas.
6pswft2.gif

It was either this or Ratchet and Clank.

Both games are awesome, but I have spent a lot more time with Uncharted. I would give Uncharted the edge. This game is just so much fun. I have seen all of the cut scenes multiple times, and I still watch them all of the way through. I am playing Assassin's Creed right now, and the voice acting isn't even close to Uncharted. The voice acting is one of the things that sets this game apart.

Tailzo

cjtiger300 said:
Wow, congrats.

Kittonwy

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Thanks! The great thing was I had a blast doing all of it. None of it felt like a chore!

My favorite is still the
stealth kill
medal though. I don't know why but
stealth kills
are very satisfying in Uncharted.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom