• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Dave1988

What's the timing for the square, R1, square combo? Every time i try to pull it off Nate punches a thug, shoots him with his gun and ends with a finisher.

YYZ

DarkUSS said:
Are you sure the above are played on crushing? If so, wow!
yes I am sure :D

I think those clever bastards at Naughty Dog intended for people to figure out to do it this way because they put the shotgun in that room. It takes a lot of trial and error to figure that out of course.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dave1988 said:
What's the timing for the square, R1, square combo? Every time i try to pull it off Nate punches a thug, shoots him with his gun and ends with a finisher.

If Drake is ending the third hit with a pistol whip then you're doing it right.

NekoFever

How long is it going to take me to finish the game if I'm right at the start of chapter 20 (
just got out of the submarine dock
)? It's just so I can decide whether I can finish the game in what little time I'll have tonight or whether I should just do it tomorrow, since finally getting out of the previous area - seriously, whose idea was that? - seemed like a good place to break.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
NekoFever said:
How long is it going to take me to finish the game if I'm right at the start of chapter 20 (
just got out of the submarine dock
)? It's just so I can decide whether I can finish the game in what little time I'll have tonight or whether I should just do it tomorrow, since finally getting out of the previous area - seriously, whose idea was that? - seemed like a good place to break.

Take a break.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
Take a break.

I'd say PUSH FORWARD RAWR.
Indifferent2.gif

DarkUSS said:
Are you sure the above are played on crushing? If so, wow!

I did it it pretty much the same way on Crushing. I was getting my ass handed to me in that room until I saw YYZ's vid. It was the only time I felt like I was cheesing the game on Crushing but at the same time, I feel like this is about the only way to get through that room.

Kittonwy

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
I did it it pretty much the same way on Crushing. I was getting my ass handed to me in that room until I saw YYZ's vid. It was the only time I felt like I was cheesing the game on Crushing but at the same time, I feel like this is about the only way to get through that room.

I made it through the regular way, using cover and making my shots count but it was pretty difficult.
Indifferent2.gif

I got my stealth kill medal finally, and its kind of funny how it happened. I'm still near the beginning and I managed to get one stealth kill. Unfortunately I couldn't get past that part on crushing for a few tries. Apparently when you die they still count.

BeeDog

Btw, one thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned is that there are three stages of motion in the game:

1. Normal running, he moves kinda fast.
2. Speedy running, during shootouts and when there are enemies around.
3. Locked walking, when the next area is streaming or the situation calls for walking.

This could be good to know, especially number 2 which can be used (together with the incidental music) to see if there are still some enemies hiding or ready to pop out any second.

Riddick

Best graphics ever and very addictive gameplay. Most impressive game this gen for me, Naughty Dog was always on my AAA list but they outdid themselves this time.

Kittonwy

Banned
BeeDog said:
Btw, one thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned is that there are three stages of motion in the game:

1. Normal running, he moves kinda fast.
2. Speedy running, during shootouts and when there are enemies around.
3. Locked walking, when the next area is streaming or the situation calls for walking.

This could be good to know, especially number 2 which can be used (together with the incidental music) to see if there are still some enemies hiding or ready to pop out any second.

Number 2 kind of illustrates just how smart the designers at Naughty Dog are when it comes to gameplay designs in terms of character movement and controls, everything makes sense, it's just natural when you're in a shoot-out that you are running fast, you shouldn't have to press a button just to be in a full sprint when you're in the middle of getting shot at, everything should be fast, so it's a great thing is Drake IS running when he's a gunfight.
Indifferent2.gif

Just got the games today and it looks amazing and plays great too,

But just one thing ,my clock is 3:30 playtime and 50% complete and i notice there are unlockables and stuff but do these count in my completion mark or when i see the credits am i 100% complete?

I just seems like i will have it complete in around 6 hours i am also playing on normal.

YYZ

cjtiger300 said:
There's nothing wrong with killing the enemies in that way. Drake is out on his own fighting against hundreds of pirates, it would be foolish to be courteous and allow them to get their optimal positioning. The enemies appear as they would in real life so take them out as quickly as you can, that's what Crushing mode is all about. If you see an enemy climbing down from a vine or something, you're not going to wait for him to get his footing are you?

Kuran

Banned
I just finished it... and I did enjoy it, I was suitably impressed at times.. yet for the 70€ I spent, I feel a bit ripped off.

It took me 7 hours to finish on normal, and the gameplay wasn't that interesting that it would warrant another playthrough. I expected a bit more story development, and perhaps a kiss? :)

The extras that are packed on the disk do add some, though.

Loonz

I was playing in the cemetery and I realised that something was written on a headstone. I approached in order to read the writing and found it was actually a joke :lol .

UnchartedNerd.png

There it says:

In Spanish, "Si usted está leyendo esta piedra sepulcral usted es un nerd enorme. Consiga por favor una vida y consiga..."

If you translate that to english it says "If you are reading this headstone you are a huge nerd. Please get a life and get..."

I think someone at Naughty Dog is having fun with the people that look very close to the textures to make some screenshot wars later :lol. I don't know if this was posted before, this is a huge thread and us europeans received the game too late as always.

The game is wonderful, by the way.

painey

im kinda dissapointed that there are
zombies, i really hate how games go sci fi when they run out of ideas and up until that part it had plenty of "real" ideas

Kuran

Banned
painey said:
im kinda dissapointed that there are
zombies, i really hate how games go sci fi when they run out of ideas and up until that part it had plenty of "real" ideas

That story arc didn't even get tied up in the end.. :/

Those things, and the last battle, made it an all too deliberate nod towards Gears of War for me... which was the game that had been in the back of my mind the entire time I was playing the game's shooting mechanic. But why would they do that?

I would have preferred it if Naughty Dog explored the adventure/platform/puzzle aspects of this game a little more.. thats what makes the game stand out for me. There were just a little too many pirates.

Kittonwy said:
My favorite is still the
stealth kill
medal though. I don't know why but
stealth kills
are very satisfying in Uncharted.
Indifferent2.gif

I just managed to stealth kill all 15 guys when you drop
out of the Monastary window into the cemetary
most satisfying thing ever.

mr_nothin said:
Just ask...you never know.
Don't assume, that's bad journalism, especially when it comes to the subject: "Games".

Yeah Deep just ask even if their answer is "HAHAHHAHAHAHA" Thats all I need.

Loonz said:
I was playing in the cemetery and I realised that something was written on a headstone. I approached in order to read the writing and found it was actually a joke :lol .

UnchartedNerd.png

There it says:

In Spanish, "Si usted está leyendo esta piedra sepulcral usted es un nerd enorme. Consiga por favor una vida y consiga..."

If you translate that to english it says "If you are reading this headstone you are a huge nerd. Please get a life and get..."

I think someone at Naughty Dog is having fun with the people that look very close to the textures to make some screenshot wars later :lol. I don't know if this was posted before, this is a huge thread and us europeans received the game too late as always.

...Welcome To NINE HOURS AGO.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8872850&postcount=11955

Kittonwy

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I just managed to stealth kill all 15 guys when you drop
out of the Monastary window into the cemetary
most satisfying thing ever.

Yeah Deep just ask even if their answer is "HAHAHHAHAHAHA" Thats all I need.

That's fucking awesome.
Indifferent2.gif

Hey you guys know you can FARM kills right? To get medals? I found it out by accident where
you have the climb the cliff facing the ocean and go to the next area with those traps
I ran up to the one guy and took him out from behind, ran to the next guy and took him out as well. But then the M79 guy sitting down shot me and I died.

I respawned at the front and killed the two again but this time watched for the M79 guy and I got the 5 stealth kills reward :3

I finished the game on Normal and hard and farmed for my last medal on Crushing. I didn't feel bad about it since I earned it :p

GottiDC

Banned
Loonz said:

UnchartedNerd.png

There it says:

THIS IS WHY I LOVE ND. man they can be so funny at times. but this statement they made is really true.
but man insoniac, and nd, are the best devs ever i swear

Z3F

Banned
Question about plot:

Why was everyone on the first U-boat dead? There weren't no "zombies" in that jungle.

YYZ

Z3F said:
Question about plot:

Why was everyone on the first U-boat dead? There weren't no "zombies" in that jungle.
I think it came from upriver or something. It got stuck there.

WTFing

Banned
I've finally got this gem, and it was hard to read your impressions while playing the demo over and over ...
I'm on chapter 18 (hard), and everything I've seen since the game has begun was a level above anything I saw on consoles. The story is ok and the characters are ok too. Where Uncharted really shines, the gameplay. it's so fluid and so 'natural'.
I really like the unlockables, can't wait to play with other characters.
Please for Uncharted2, give Nate a fucking knife, I want to stab these wicked pirates :D

deepbrown

I think I just saw a 3.5/5 review...though some people are saying it's 3.5/4 LOL

Umm...The LittleBigPlante trailer is cool isn't it? I wanna play...and make a little Jungle like in Uncharted

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Great, great game. Really enjoying it, I got to chapter 18 or 20 yesterday, just after the "twist", if you can call it that.

Not sure how I feel about that part of the narrative, but up until that point it was all aces and joy. Hopefully I will finish it on normal tonight and crack on with Hard tomorrow.

Manp

McBradders said:
Great, great game. Really enjoying it, I got to chapter 18 or 20 yesterday, just after the "twist", if you can call it that.

Not sure how I feel about that part of the narrative, but up until that point it was all aces and joy. Hopefully I will finish it on normal tonight and crack on with Hard tomorrow.

the twist was unnecessary if you ask me... and the ending feels, don't know, quite "rushed".

:)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Manp said:
the twist was unnecessary if you ask me... and the ending feels, don't know, quite "rushed".

:)
The copy I got stopped working after the first chapter so I haven't played the game yet (though it'll arrive today)... I wonder what the twist is o_o... Small hints?

Top Bottom