• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I finally got it.

First copy (defect)

VyUiplbYG.jpg

New copy (hopefulyl NOT defect)

lfOHqmXVZ.jpg

Steroyd

Wow... I thought I figured crushed out, but I'm getting humped
after you get the map from the wreckage
they're rushing and ganging up on me so fast. :'(

And I gots no shotgun. :(

Kittonwy

Banned
McBradders said:
Great, great game. Really enjoying it, I got to chapter 18 or 20 yesterday, just after the "twist", if you can call it that.

Not sure how I feel about that part of the narrative, but up until that point it was all aces and joy. Hopefully I will finish it on normal tonight and crack on with Hard tomorrow.

I think the "twist" kind of reconciles the things that didn't have an explanation earlier in the game, it's not really a "twist", not really.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Steroyd said:
Wow... I thought I figured crushed out, but I'm getting humped
after you get the map from the wreckage
they're rushing and ganging up on me so fast. :'(

And I gots no shotgun. :(

Yep theyz very proficient at pin and flank tactics on crushing.
Indifferent2.gif

BeeDog

Kittonwy said:
I think the "twist" kind of reconciles the things that didn't have an explanation earlier in the game, it's not really a "twist", not really.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah, I think so too. Also, someone else mentioned earlier that
it's a shame that storyline doesn't get resolved at the end (I haven't finished the game so can't really fully speak my mind yet). If they don't explain the demons, then that is truly a homage to Indiana Jones and similar movies imo. They didn't really explain the ghosts in the Ark, did they? Or how they could remove beating hearts from people in the second movie, or how the evil dude melted in the last movie with the Holy Grail etc. Such supernatural things simply exist. Just got to the nazi bunker btw, and those monsters are fucking nasty. They remind me of the small trigens in Far Cry.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Well it was really the last thing I was expecting... so it's twisty enough. I'm glad for the variety but it kinda smacks of Halo... if yanno what I mean.

The Chef

BeeDog said:
Yeah, I think so too. Also, someone else mentioned earlier that
it's a shame that storyline doesn't get resolved at the end (I haven't finished the game so can't really fully speak my mind yet). If they don't explain the demons, then that is truly a homage to Indiana Jones and similar movies imo. They didn't really explain the ghosts in the Ark, did they? Or how they could remove beating hearts from people in the second movie, or how the evil dude melted in the last movie with the Holy Grail etc. Such supernatural things simply exist. Just got to the nazi bunker btw, and those monsters are fucking nasty. They remind me of the small trigens in Far Cry.

It all gets explained

Except the heart removal in Indiana Jones

And good lord I just beat it for my 3rd time last night o_o

Steroyd

Kittonwy said:
Yep theyz very proficient at pin and flank tactics on crushing.
Indifferent2.gif

Not so much, when I have my trusty shotgun. :D They could pin me all day...as long as I don't run out of bullets.

I never realised how good at headshots I am, why can't I do this in FPS' :mad:

Just got up to boom boom man for the first time on crushing... goddamn. >_<

Manp

Seiken said:
The copy I got stopped working after the first chapter so I haven't played the game yet (though it'll arrive today)... I wonder what the twist is o_o... Small hints?

can't really say anything, i don't want to ruin your enjoyment of the game. let's just say it's not really a twist.

McBradders said:
Absoloutely. Will comment on the ending tomorrow, I hope.
i think the plot could have been as interesting, if not more, even without that thing. it just feels a little, ehm words fails me, "cheap".

the ending
imho has probably the worst boss battle in any game ever
:D (not really a spoiler here)
but it's not only that, it really feels so rushed to me.

:)

quetz67

Banned
Manp said:
the ending
imho has probably the worst boss battle in any game ever
:D (not really a spoiler here)
but it's not only that, it really feels so rushed to me.

The game never felt to me like it needs a boss battle, it could have easily done without. For me it should have ended with a jetski escape sequence like the one with the jeep, just more challenging with stuff collapsing all around etc.

Firewire

Banned
I was just at a local Toys R' Us & EB games, looking for UT3 & I noticed that both stores are sold out of Uncharted. I saw one lady get the last copy of Uncharted at EB, she was buying a 80GB PS3 with Ratchet & Clank as well.
The TRU had a line up of maybe 14 to 15 people in the game department & maybe 8-9 were buying PS3's. I asked the guy at the counter and he said the in the last 2 weeks PS3's have been selling like crazy & they have gone through 4 shipments of Uncharted.

I hope this is a sign of good sales for Uncharted & R&C during the holiday shopping frenzy!

Basch

Firewire said:
I was just at a local Toys R' Us & EB games, looking for UT3 & I noticed that both stores are sold out of Uncharted. I saw one lady get the last copy of Uncharted at EB, she was buying a 80GB PS3 with Ratchet & Clank as well.
The TRU had a line up of maybe 14 to 15 people in the game department & maybe 8-9 were buying PS3's. I asked the guy at the counter and he said the in the last 2 weeks PS3's have been selling like crazy & they have gone through 4 shipments of Uncharted.

I hope this is a sign of good sales for Uncharted & R&C during the holiday shopping frenzy!

Didn't you hear? Uncharted bombed in the UK! The latest software charts are up for the week ending the 8th. Uncharted ranks 23rd in the top 40. This is a disaster! It should have sold more for its first day. America will do just as poorly. :lol

Firewire

Banned
Basch said:
Didn't you hear? Uncharted bombed in the UK! The latest software charts are up for the week ending the 8th. Uncharted ranks 23rd in the top 40. This is a disaster! It should have sold more for its first day sale. America will do just as poorly. :lol

Damn Euro's! Buy Uncharted! :lol

deepbrown

Basch said:
Didn't you hear? Uncharted bombed in the UK! The latest software charts are up for the week ending the 8th. Uncharted ranks 23rd in the top 40. This is a disaster! It should have sold more for its first day. America will do just as poorly. :lol
Didn't it release on the 7th December?

Mass Effect isn't even on the list...did it bomb?

I bought my copy from the US :( I'm soweee.

Manp

quetz67 said:
The game never felt to me like it needs a boss battle, it could have easily done without. For me it should have ended with a jetski escape sequence like the one with the jeep, just more challenging with stuff collapsing all around etc.

that's actually a good idea... a la MGS1/3 maybe?

Basch

deepbrown said:
Didn't it release on the 7th December?

Mass Effect isn't even on the list...did it bomb?

I bought my copy from the US :( I'm soweee.

It released on the 7th. It was just first day sales, I was joking. Mass Effect is mega-bomber. Bioware is going to cry. Don't worry, though. America is the only country that matters in the world. So by purchasing your copy through import you will have attracted millions of more naive patriots to purchase this game. :D The world will belong to Uncharted soon enough. Sales equals greatness!

Raist

Banned
gamerecks said:
The "zombies" are just the Spanish, who never left the idol, probably infected with what got the old guy at the end, just a full transformation.

Er, maybe he was just speaking about Indiana Jones... :lol

Jtrizzy

TTP said:
yeah :(

edit: found the missing secret medal on Gamefasqs message boards:

Expert Dyno-Might - Kill 3 enemies with ONE explosion 5 times --- 30 Medal Points

lol, should be fun trying to get this one.

ok where is the best place to do this, and what is the secret medal after the sas shotgun one?

sorry I haven't been able to keep up here--no internet at my house right now.

deepbrown

Firewire said:
Thats even worse! You didn't even pony up your own money for Uncharted! You have disgraced the Barrelama! 10 lashes for you!
But I'm poor :( It gets worse...I'm going to buy AC with my own money...

Basch

Man, we should have bought two copies. One just to tantilize fellow gamers. We'll gift package it and everything. Matter of fact, we'll throw another PS3 in there as well. Once the gifts are wrapped and tied with a bow, we'll place the presents under said gamer's Christmas Tree. On Christmas morning, that gamer is so excited that he/she unwraps the Uncharted package. Quickly, he/she breaks the sealing and opens the case. But low and behold, there is no disc inside. The gamer then discovers it is similar with the biggest package: there is no PS3 inside. :D

Jtrizzy

Jtrizzy said:
ok where is the best place to do this, and what is the secret medal after the sas shotgun one?

sorry I haven't been able to keep up here--no internet at my house right now.

trying to get those last two hidden medals. and I read that there are 61 treasures? is the 61st the strange relic?

Firewire

Banned
deepbrown said:
But I'm poor :( It gets worse...I'm going to buy AC with my own money...

You bastard! Thats it your off my PSN friends list and now you get 500 lashes!

sackboyjonestnlittle.jpg

Seriously don't buy AC, I borrowed it off a friend, it sux and it super repetitive!

deepbrown

Firewire said:

sackboyjonestnlittle.jpg

Seriously don't buy AC, I borrowed it off a friend, it sux and it super repetitive!
lol. But POP is one of my favorite games...I can't miss it.

I loves Uncharted...I made someone buy it for me at full price, and then post it to me special delivery - which cost a total of $90 :)

Firewire

Banned
deepbrown said:
lol. But POP is one of my favorite games...I can't miss it.

I loves Uncharted...I made someone buy it for me at full price, and then post it to me special delivery - which cost a total of $90 :)

Its nothing like POP! If it handled a bit like that, then maybe it could have been salvaged! Seriously deep, rent it & you will see!

steve said:
Hope you don't mind Firewire, but I've finally found an avatar worth using. :D

No problem!

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:

sackboyjonestnlittle.jpg

They need a Nathan Drake SackBoy.
Indifferent2.gif

deepbrown

Firewire said:
Its nothing like POP! If it handled a bit like that, then maybe it could have been salvaged! Seriously deep, rent it & you will see!

No problem!
We don't rent in the UK. We can buy our games less than retail price and sell them second hand for the very same price. :)

Firewire

Banned
deepbrown said:
We don't rent in the UK. We can buy our games less than retail price and sell them second hand for the very same price. :)

How come you guys in the UK do everything backwards! :(

Kittonwy said:
They need a Nathan Drake SackBoy.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah, he'd be way better than Indi Oldy!

Kittonwy

Banned
Steroyd said:
Not so much, when I have my trusty shotgun. :D They could pin me all day...as long as I don't run out of bullets.

I never realised how good at headshots I am, why can't I do this in FPS' :mad:

Just got up to boom boom man for the first time on crushing... goddamn. >_<

Where are you on crushing now?
Indifferent2.gif

deepbrown

Kittonwy said:
If you're actually on my friends list I would kick you off just for that, barrelama is NOT pleased.
Indifferent2.gif
Don't worry...you haven't added me.

Look at it this way. Uncharted was so important to me that I had to have immediately, so I busted my gut to get an American to buy it for me. This is contrasted to AC, which I have yet to buy and I'm waiting for it to drop in price :) You seeee

Kittonwy

Banned
deepbrown said:
Don't worry...you haven't added me.

Look at it this way. Uncharted was so important to me that I had to have immediately, so I busted my gut to get an American to buy it for me. This is contrasted to AC, which I have yet to buy and I'm waiting for it to drop in price :) You seeee

I'm just joking.

Or am I?

Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom