• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Firewire

Banned
deepbrown said:
No you really haven't added me :) Only because you're scared of how much I'd pwn you in Warhawk
Indifferent2.gif

Deep, umm Kittonwy is a killing machine, seriously!

I've played through Halo 3, God of War 2, Bioshock and Orange box and I must say Uncharted is definitely one of the best games this year. In many ways it reminds me of playing MGS for the first time in that it's just a really well executed game with a decent story, solid gameplay and lots of good cutscenes.

Overall it's an excellent game, I can see me playing through it again next year, it's what I wanted Gears to be when I played it, anyone with a PS3 should buy it.

BeeDog

Yay, just finished it.

100% complete in 8 hours 55 minutes on Hard. Managed to collect 51/60 treasures, and got 590 medal points out of 1000.

Damn the last area was friggin' frustrating, got headshotted like a gazillion times.

Steroyd

Kittonwy said:
Where are you on crushing now?
Indifferent2.gif

Chapter 5 where you first meet grenade dude.

Blind fire is a life saver, I either kill them that way or fire a warning shot so they hesitate, pop out then kill them.

Kittonwy

Banned
Steroyd said:
Chapter 5 where you first meet grenade dude.

Blind fire is a life saver, I either kill them that way or fire a warning shot so they hesitate, pop out then kill them.

Oh you'll have fun in teh
cathedral
Indifferent2.gif

I cant pass this stupid game because everytime
I kill Navarro
, it freezes in a black screen with the rain audio just looping. I get the rewards for EASY CHARTED ect. and I can't see the finishing scenes or anything. FUCK! It also did that for some of ther other scenes.

Just going through it on Crushing. It's not been as hard as I initially thought so far. I've had to do a couple of gunfights a few times after dying but nothing too taxing. Still only just over half way there and it's an uphill challenge from here on in. I'm not looking forward to a few tough upcoming gunfights but I think I'll manage! :D

I think this will be my 4/5th time through it. I never normally go through any game more than twice, so this is certainly got me hooked in trying to achieve everything for the rewards. ALl great fun though and it's never a chore to play. I've probably put in about 25 hrs or so into this game. Loved it!

painey

well i finished it today and here are my impressions

Pros
+ Jaw Dropping Graphics
+ Incredible voice acting and most human looking characters ever
+ Intense, even on normal difficulties
+ Puzzles (not enough, and too easy, but the ones that were there i enjoyed)
+ Medal/Reward/Achievement system
+ Incredible Number of unlockables in game
+ High Definition unlockable bonus movies
+ Destructable cover (not enough imo)
+ Set Pieces
+ Vehicle sections

Cons
- Same enemys, could use more variety
- Animation too fast (Drake pulls himself up and shimmys too quickly, annoyed me)
- Levels too linear
- Not enough stuff to jump on, climb up, etc
- Going "Sci-Fi"

Overall I loved it, great fun and I was really dissapointed to beat it, without feeling like I was short changed. The medals are fantastic and I will probably re-buy the game when Home hits to get the Trophies. I did feel that the levels were big but alot of the time you were only allowed to go in one direction, I would have liked different paths or even completely dead ends that you could explore. The cutscenes were of such high quality with incredible facial animations and voice acting that it actually felt like an Indiana Jones film. I would give it 9/10 and say its my PS3 GotY and I would buy a sequel day 1.

dralla

yea, so how does
Drake get the map back after Roman takes it at the end of Chapter 3. In Chapter 4 it's just magically in his plane.

Kittonwy

Banned
dralla said:
yea, so how does
Drake get the map back after Roman takes it at the end of Chapter 3. In Chapter 4 it's just magically in his plane.

It could have been that Navarro took the kriegs marine map that was on the wall of the submarine and not the ancient map.
Indifferent2.gif

the_id

There are some continuity issues in the story telling. They should hire the girl who did continuity checks for the Harry Potter books.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
the_id said:
There are some continuity issues in the story telling. They should hire the girl who did continuity checks for the Harry Potter books.

I experienced nothing of the sort. Everything is accounted for and explained in the plot, so...Could you elaborate?

dralla

Kittonwy said:
It could have been that Navarro took the kriegs marine map that was on the wall of the submarine and not the ancient map.
Indifferent2.gif

You mean the boat that exploded? And you never see Drake take the map back. I just played through and Drake has it at the end of the Chapter even though Roman took it from him when he shot Sully

dralla said:
yea, so how does

It's
a different map. Watch the "UK2642" scene again - there are two maps on the table. Drake gives Navarro the German map and keeps the Drake map.

dralla said:
yea, so how does

I've been wondering how
Francis Drake's journal made it into his fake casket seeing as how it contains all the answers to the Pacific island puzzles, but the game leads us to believe that Drake never left the island after discovering what El Dorado was

Z3F

Banned
Z3F said:
Question about plot:

Why was everyone on the first U-boat dead? There weren't no "zombies" in that jungle.

YYZ said:
I think it came from upriver or something. It got stuck there.

I know how it got stuck there. What I meant to ask was why was the crew
slashed to death when the zombies were in the nazi underground bunker.
Wasn't the final stage quite far away from the jungle where the statue originally was?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just finished the game on Hard as well; 8 hours and 43 minutes.
It was still as good as the first play through. The production value in this game is just so freaking awesome.

fizzelopeguss said:
Got my copy today finally, my mum watched me play it aswell.
Pics or it didn't happen...
I kid I kid.
:D

magus

Plot Question:
Whose making the wooden spike traps? In the game you come across a spike trap made of Drake's/Sully's plane. Did the Spaniards make it? I didn't quite get the part.

Z3F

Banned
magus said:
Plot Question:
Whose making the wooden spike traps? In the game you come across a spike trap made of Drake's/Sully's plane. Did the Spaniards make it? I didn't quite get the part.

My guess is those "dudes" that appear at the end.

magus

Z3F said:
My guess is those "dudes" that appear at the end.

Talking about the Zombies/Spaniards? If it was them it means that they still possess the ability to think. I just thought it was weird as they seem somewhat mindless.

This game was all sorts of awesome, and then...
fucking trigens?
< major spoiler!

Seriously, wtf @ the assholes at ND. I hate them and I will never forgive them for this.

magus said:
Talking about the Zombies/Spaniards? If it was them it means that they still possess the ability to think. I just thought it was weird as they seem somewhat mindless.

not so
mindless if they can make traps out of your wrecked airplane.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Seriously, wtf @ the assholes at ND. I hate them and I will never forgive them for this.

Um... care to elaborate?

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
fucking trigens?
< major spoiler!

LOLZ.
Indifferent2.gif

AltogetherAndrews said:
fucking trigens?
< major spoiler!

I felt the exact same way as you did, and related it to the exact same other game. Although I gave it some time and accepted that the Indy movies all had similar 'twists' and for the most part we accept them.

Basch

Just wanted to let everybody know, this interview-thingy-ma'bobber is up on IGN. It was... really good! Check it out now. Oh yeah and donate the next hour of your life to this thing. Its long! :lol But I will let you know, as an incentive. Nolan North will die now that he has confirmed Uncharted 2. :D Sheila will strike him down.

Kittonwy

Banned
Basch said:
Just wanted to let everybody know, this interview-thingy-ma'bobber is up on IGN. It was... really good! Check it out now. Oh yeah and donate the next hour of your life to this thing. Its long! :lol But I will let you know, as an incentive. Nolan North will die now that he has confirmed Uncharted 2. :D Sheila will strike him down.

It'll be great to see an Uncharted 2 for sure.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Z3F said:
Answer my question, Kittonwy. You've played the game 10 times.

I've only played it 3 times.
I think the spanish are all over the jungle, just more concentrated when you get closer to El Dorado, that's why more and more of Eddy's men were getting killed.

Indifferent2.gif

Since this game runs both Dolby digital 5.1 and DTS digital surround which do you guys use? (excluding you 7.1 lucky bastards)

I've read that DTS is slightly higher quality but I can't really tell the difference. I'm using the Logitech Z-5500 digital setup. It sounds great with both I just want to know if I'm missing out if I don't use DTS.

51% done first time through and the game rocks.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Finshed it on Normal. Fucking hated that boss battle... and now I'm going through on Hard. Are there different Treasures on different difficulties?

I has 35 or so after one playthrough. I wants moar!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm on Chapter...15 or 16 I think. Right after you
save Sullivan from the library

My save file says I'm about 25% from the end. I can see myself finishing it in the next couple days.

GottiDC

Banned
its nice to see people recongnize the game really well, the game is the best game to come out this year, that is not a fps.
congrate nd, for making a fantastic game

GottiDC said:
its nice to see people recongnize the game really well, the game is the best game to come out this year, that is not a fps.
congrate nd, for making a fantastic game

This is the best game period this year. I haven't played a FPS that is better than Uncharted. The IGN interview puts it in perspective. Nolan North is a Veteran of voicing video games. Hell, you could say he is one of the most casted voice actors ever in video games. He said he has done nothing like this before. That is saying a lot. That is what makes this game special. Some of the early reviews on this game are a JOKE. Many said that Uncharted did nothing new. Hell, here is one of the best Voice actors around saying he has NEVER done a job like this. I would say that is new wouldn't you?

Top Bottom