• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Treo360

Dibbz said:
No I read it, I was just saying that the finished game is even better than the demo was. So basically you should love the full game :D

Great. Here's to hoping Blockbuster is open tomorrow!:lol

I just started and it's awesome but I've a question about the audio: does anyone else have the weird thing happen where sound from behind you sounds like it's in a warehouse? I wonder if it's the game or my audio, i've never heard it sound like that before.

Tieno

Heads up, I just got a chance to check my copy. It's Japanese version, boots directly to all english (whatever is selected on your ps3) and has all blood.
So for us Euros, you can get Uncharted for around 30euros (inluding shipping), from here http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1005067353/

Try one of the 5$ off coupons from here on yesasia.
http://www.happycoupons.com/coupons/yesasia/

The only thing you have to live with is japanese boxart and manual...but that's a nice tradeoff for more than half the price of the game. (70euros vs 30euros)

senahorse

Dibbz said:
The game only gets better imo. It's a kinda funny game for me actually, since in nearly all games I've played there has been parts that I really hate going back to, but with this I enjoyed all of it pretty much equally. They did a good job varying the enviroments and the pacing of the game is really good to.

I'd recommend to play through the game since there are some really cool enviroments and some really intense gun fights ahead.

OK I am up to level 11 now
Hunted I think it is called, big room where heaps of guys surround you, and there is a sniper rifle.
It has definitely got better, and I am liking it much more, however there is still a little too much gunplay for my liking, but after doing
the jeep on rails mission, and the 2 waverunner bits, I can see they are starting to mix things up a bit
and I am willing to give it till the end of the game before I make a final judgement.

Steroyd

God ****ing damn am I getting raped at the church.

THE GRENADE GUN GUY'S ARE FLANKING ME!

GRENADE GUN GUY + FLANKING = ME NO LIKEY >_<

Kittonwy

Banned
Steroyd said:

Didn't I say teh AI have a tendency to flank? They even use the benches as cover spots.
Indifferent2.gif

Dibbz

Steroyd said:

Focus, get some nades off, fire some shots and try and flank them back. If you stay in the same spot your probably gonna get your ass handed over and over. There must be a better spot to shot them from, look around.

Steroyd

WOOHOO!! \(^_^)/

To the left \(^_^)\

To the right /(^_^)/

Shake that booty ((_)(_))

I finally completed it on crushed awesome fucking wowsome. \(^_^)/

Furoba

I really like how the gunplay works. Flanking, covering, using close-range/long-range guns in combination with grenades, running and rolling around trying to punch your enemies in the face,... Off to play some more. :D

RiverBed

Banned
in the demo, there seem to be a stake with a skull on it. Drake keeps turning his head towards it as if it was important, but I can't seem to interact with it in any way. does it do something or is that out of reach in the demo and only interactive in the full game?

Raist

Banned
RiverBed said:
in the demo, there seem to be a stake with a skull on it. Drake keeps turning his head towards it as if it was important, but I can't seem to interact with it in any way. does it do something or is that out of reach in the demo and only interactive in the full game?

There are several ones in the game. I have no idea what to do with this stuff... and I don't think there's something to do, in fact :p

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
LiquidMetal14 said:
How many received
or bought for themselves
this game for Christmas?

I got it for myself prior to Christmas but I barely started playing yesterday and so far I am loving the game once I am finished with it I will bust out with my impressions!

nib95

Banned
deepbrown said:
Best water in a game :) Oh the orange sunset intertwined with the jungle refracted on the water as you swim through the moving water with a wet drake :D
http://www.n4g.com/gaming/NewsCom-95176.aspx
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps2/ga...68&sectionId=1006&pageId=20071120151334417027

I'd say Uncharted would be 2nd best or tied for 1st. Play Crysis at max (very high secret) settings and the water is un-parallel. Ray traced lights beaming through, insane variations of reflections, murkiness, real time opacity etc. Uncharted has better splash and wet on clothes effects, but Crysis has better under-water visuals. Neither game has what the other game does in this sense, so you could call it a tie.

Ferrio said:
Just beat it, magnificent game. When I played the demo I wasn't too impressed, but the actual game came through.
Yeah that how I feel too. I didn't like the demo too much but I loving the game. The jetski actually controls pretty good too :)

Raist

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Yeah that how I feel too. I didn't like the demo too much but I loving the game. The jetski actually controls pretty good too :)

Yeah, the controls are pretty nice and well done. Especially in the 2nd section, you can really feel you're going against the stream.

Oh, and both jet ski sections look absolutely gorgeous.

ced

LiquidMetal14 said:
How many received
or bought for themselves
this game for Christmas?

I got a PS3 and this for myself.

Just finished it, I couldn't put it down.

It takes something special for me to actually finish a game, so that says something.

schism

LiquidMetal14 said:
How many received
or bought for themselves
this game for Christmas?

My fiancee bought Uncharted for me for Christmas, really enjoying it so far, no doubt itll be the first game in a while I actually finish.

Koojay

Hey guys, I'm gonna go pick up a 40 gb PS3 tommorow, and I plan on getting Warhawk + one game.

I can't decide what other game I want, I'm thinking either Uncharted or Ratchet.

I want a game that will last me awhile in replayability and just a good game all around.

Any suggestions?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Koojay said:
Hey guys, I'm gonna go pick up a 40 gb PS3 tommorow, and I plan on getting Warhawk + one game.

I can't decide what other game I want, I'm thinking either Uncharted or Ratchet.

I want a game that will last me awhile in replayability and just a good game all around.

Any suggestions?

Damn thats a though question right there man both are awesome games and both have a multiple difficulties after you beat the game. Both have achievement type system that gets you stuff that you can use in the game I think Ratchets is around 12 hrs and Uncharted by the way people say 8-10 hrs. I would personally recommend as of right now Ratchet but both are awesome.

Koojay

Elbrain said:
Damn thats a though question right there man both are awesome games and both have a multiple difficulties after you beat the game. Both have achievement type system that gets you stuff that you can use in the game I think Ratchets is around 12 hrs and Uncharted by the way people say 8-10 hrs. I would personally recommend as of right now Ratchet but both are awesome.

Yeah, I had played ratchet before on my brothers PS2, and it was a pretty cool game.

I think we have a winner, but I still have until tommorow. Anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks Elbrain!

Raist

Banned
Koojay said:

Any suggestions?

both.

But if you REALLY have to choose... I'd say Uncharted. But that's because I've played all the ratchet games on the PS2, so it felt a bit too much familiar. It's an excellent game of course, that's just my feeling.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Koojay said:

Any suggestions?
You say replayability? Then get Uncharted. Ratchet cannot be missed either though, so fun. UNCHARTED is my favorite game this gen though.

Koojay

LiquidMetal14 said:
You say replayability? Then get Uncharted. Ratchet cannot be missed either though, so fun. UNCHARTED is my favorite game this gen though.

I don't know, this is a hard choice. I might buy uncharted and have gamefly ship me ratchet, so I can try both, If I like ratchet enough I might buy it also.

I really liked the older ratchet games on the ps2, so I'm leaning on buying that.

I'll just have to see what I feel like in the morning. (We are not in too much of a rush tommorow, we're in Kansas, so we think* that there will be a healthy amount of ps3's around.)

*I hope we are right

Thanks for the help so far guys, any other suggestions are welcome!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You can't go wrong with Resistance online but based on your 2 games of choice that might not fit the bill. Motorstorm is nice. DLC wise, Stardust HD, Wild Arms, etc.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Koojay said:
I don't know, this is a hard choice. I might buy uncharted and have gamefly ship me ratchet, so I can try both, If I like ratchet enough I might buy it also.

I really liked the older ratchet games on the ps2, so I'm leaning on buying that.

I'll just have to see what I feel like in the morning. (We are not in too much of a rush tommorow, we're in Kansas, so we think* that there will be a healthy amount of ps3's around.)

*I hope we are right

Thanks for the help so far guys, any other suggestions are welcome!

Both great games brotha you can't go wrong with either one so enjoy!

Koojay

LiquidMetal14 said:
You can't go wrong with Resistance online but based on your 2 games of choice that might not fit the bill. Motorstorm is nice. DLC wise, Stardust HD, Wild Arms, etc.

Holy shit I forgot about Resistance.

Damnit.

Kittonwy

Banned
Koojay said:

Any suggestions?

Get Resistance rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

acklame

finally got around to play this, up to the jet ski level now. game is absolutely amazing! graphics is ridiculously stunning too.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
acklame said:
finally got around to play this, up to the jet ski level now. game is absolutely amazing! graphics is ridiculously stunning too.

Yep I just finished that part and I was WOA! the whole time I love how Elena and Drake look just semi wet to full wet when they whole water goes all over the place.

Finally playing Uncharted after playing Rock Band forever.. god this game looks amazing and the sound design is just fantastic too. I feel like a total douchenozzle for not playing it sooner.

deepbrown

nib95 said:
I'd say Uncharted would be 2nd best or tied for 1st. Play Crysis at max (very high secret) settings and the water is un-parallel. Ray traced lights beaming through, insane variations of reflections, murkiness, real time opacity etc. Uncharted has better splash and wet on clothes effects, but Crysis has better under-water visuals. Neither game has what the other game does in this sense, so you could call it a tie.

Uncharted doesn't have any underwater visuals (cept begining) so yeah I agree.

Ferrio said:
I didn't like the jet ski parts at all :(.
You can auto-shoot on the third :)

Tieno

Flipside said:
Ah my bad :)

Ordered it from VGplus already with a DS3 :) Love the service of those guys with their insanely fast shipping.
Never ordered from them. Where do you live and how fast was it?

Flipside

Never ordered from them. Where do you live and how fast was it?

The last time I ordered something on wednesday evening and I received the game saturday morning (Netherlands). I don't think my orders ever took longer than a week to get to me.

Top Bottom