• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

oo Kosma oo said:
Guys relax about Edge, they have their own taste and reasons and I salute them for that. Only looking at the scores they give is doing the magazine great injustice, because they usually have some credible story to back it all up (even though I don't always agree).

I'd generally be inclined to agree with you, but the Halo 3 review splashes against that like a pie against a donkey's ass. The articles are on a different level in terms of quality of writing, that's the real strength of Edge.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
From the gamertv video:

efebeffab56b49db3673ae73c096d281.gif

Looks like Jack and Daxter is definitely coming next year. Can't wait. Those models are way too similar to be something else

Greg

PistolGrip said:
From the gamertv video:
Looks like Jack and Daxter is definitely coming next year. Can't wait. Those models are way too similar to be something else
Or that was the Jak model that's going to be used for Uncharted/extra skins.

Jak is not coming next year.

AltogetherAndrews said:
I'd generally be inclined to agree with you, but the Halo 3 review splashes against that like a pie against a donkey's ass. The articles are on a different level in terms of quality of writing, that's the real strength of Edge.
Lies. Halo 3 easily deserved its 10.

What did Uncharted get in Edge? For whatever reason, the OP isn't updating with reviews.

deepbrown

Greg said:
Or that was the Jak model that's going to be used for Uncharted/extra skins.

Jak is not coming next year.

Well that was the last day of production for Uncharted...so why would they still be working on it?

Greg

spwolf said:
just like R&C didnt come after Resistance :D
Insomniac is some kind of monster though - you know they operate differently.

deepbrown said:
Well that was the last day of production for Uncharted...so why would they still be working on it?
Ah, didn't know the source of the picture.

Either way, I don't see Jak coming next year... no chance.

Dante

Green Shinobi said:

What did Uncharted get in Edge? For whatever reason, the OP isn't updating with reviews.

It hasn't been reviewed anywhere yet.

Yoboman

What are you guys getting so angry about? Immediately questioning Edge's credibility when they supposedly say something negative about Uncharted... What did they actually say in the article?

Dante said:
It hasn't been reviewed anywhere yet.
My bad.

AA's post gave me flashbacks to the Ratchet thread.

Hopefully I'll be able to walk into a store and pick up this game and Ratchet on the same day. Should be a good time.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
kaching said:
It looks similar, certainly, but what's stopping it from being an unseen NPC or enemy in Uncharted?
Well for one the guy tried to stop the camera from seeing it. I personally think they are toying with us. If you look at the recent Naughty Dog interviews they keep hinting at a Jack and Daxter game. I think they want us to speculate to create some excitement for fans. They know we are going to see that gamertv footage and go OH SNAP!!!!

Yoboman said:
What are you guys getting so angry about? Immediately questioning Edge's credibility when they supposedly say something negative about Uncharted... What did they actually say in the article?

They gave ZOE 2 a 4, so they have no crediblity.

No need to dwell much on EDGE, it's a quality magazine but their tastes are peculiar and vary too much against mine to really consider much about their scores (like the ones already listed that make me scratch my head) to the point I barely bother anymore.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Greg said:
Insomniac is some kind of monster though - you know they operate differently.

Ah, didn't know the source of the picture.

Either way, I don't see Jak coming next year... no chance.
Well if you look at the quality of Uncharted vs resistance technology wise I think you see where the time went. In the PS2 era they were able to churn a new game every year. ND also worked on a lot of the Edge tools for SONY. Now that all this is done. I think we will see their capacity rise quite a bit.

Jak and Daxter next Holiday season. I bet your account on it.

PistolGrip said:
Well if you look at the quality of Uncharted vs resistance technology wise I think you see where the time went. In the PS2 era they were able to churn a new game every year. ND also worked on a lot of the Edge tools for SONY. Now that all this is done. I think we will see their capacity rise quite a bit.

Jack and Daxter next Holiday season. I bet your account on it.
Resistance = Insomniac
Uncharted = Naughty Dog

Also, there's no "c" in Jak.

PistolGrip said:

Jack and Daxter next Holiday season. I bet your account on it.

Thing is, ND has about 80 developers on board IIRC. That's a relatively modest amount of staff by todays standards. Roughly half of the size crew IG is rolling with these days for example.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Green Shinobi said:
Resistance = Insomniac
Uncharted = Naughty Dog

Also, there's no "c" in Jak.
huh? I think you read my post wrong. Read again. The jak thing yeah...

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Thing is, ND has about 80 developers on board IIRC. That's a relatively modest amount of staff by todays standards. Roughly half of the size crew IG is rolling with these days for example.
This is true but dont they get much more help some SONY than Insomniac does? They mentioned in the interview about using Sony tools for recording/code and others.

PistolGrip said:
huh? I think you read my post wrong. Read again. The jak thing yeah...

This is true but dont they get much more help some SONY than Insomniac does? They mentioned in the interview about using Sony tools for recording/code and others.

I suspect Insomniac has comparable collaboration with SCE's R&D crew. The way Ninja Theory put it was even as a 2nd party they were still treated as a first party on that front, and they were veritable rookies.

Green Shinobi said:

Fuck the score, have you read the review? Wank hyperbole wank, of course beautifully written such.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Fuck the score, have you read the review? Wank hyperbole wank, of course beautifully written such.
Never read the review. I generally use the GAF consensus for my review needs. Turned me on to gems like Earth Defense Force 2017 that I would have missed if I only used magazines and websites.

If this game really takes next-gen to a whole new level, as I've seen being claimed in this thread, I'm sure it will have nothing to worry about with Edge, or any reviewer for that matter.

the_id

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Just two more days till the demo, baby!

then it'll reach 50 pages easy. most posts would be from Loudninja and deepbrown and Pistachio. But honestly, a lot of us are hyped for this game which is a good sign...for GAF at least.

Loudninja

the_id said:
then it'll reach 50 pages easy. most posts would be from Loudninja and deepbrown and Pistachio. But honestly, a lot of us are hyped for this game which is a good sign...for GAF at least.

Damn right, also dont forget Kittonwy

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Green Shinobi said:
Your post seems to imply that Naughty Dog created Resistance.
Well if you look at the context of answering Greg's post you will notice why I mentioned Resistance. Since he implied Insomniac made two games while ND could only churn out one in the same time frame.

anyway, TWO MORE MF Days!!

Dante

Loudninja said:
They should do that, fuck the Q Force, Ratchet,JaK,Clank and Daxter would be better

I always thought Daxter and Clank would make a fun PSP romp.

BTW is RAD still doing a PS3 project?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
i sent a message to flark a few days ago saying IS IT TRUE THAT RAD HAD A FALLING OUT WITH SONY AND WILL NEVER WORK WITH THEM AGAIN and he hasn't responded.

which means its true. so no, they aren't.

Dante

Y2Kev said:
i sent a message to flark a few days ago saying IS IT TRUE THAT RAD HAD A FALLING OUT WITH SONY AND WILL NEVER WORK WITH THEM AGAIN and he hasn't responded.

which means its true. so no, they aren't.

I haven't been keeping up, but I'm guessing Flark works at RAD?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
yah. flark = rad

okami wii = small rad team doing the port, according to flark

i bet sony pissed in their cheerios

Wait... there's been a review already? When? Where?

*edit* Nm, it was just a preview.

Also that model on that pic could be the monster that left the footprints :D

Loudninja

Y2Kev said:
yah. flark = rad

okami wii = small rad team doing the port, according to flark

i bet sony pissed in their cheerios

Well cheerios suck to began with...

Also that model on that pic could be the monster that left the footprints

Only geekpulp gave a review so far

Yoboman

Metalmurphy said:

*edit* Nm, it was just a preview.

Also that model on that pic could be the monster that left the footprints :D
Jak and Daxter final boss in Uncharted confirmed?

Top Bottom