• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Basch

fernoca said:
Ive been playing it also at 720p, 27", through an HDMi-DVi cable...and havn't noticed any tearing or anything....maybe I'm just dumb.. :p

The game is damn beautifully detailed...the whole reason as to why I'm like at 2 hours but only chapter 5, is because I spend a good amount of time just walking around and looking at the leaves, sun, water, etc...

I'm just like 'ya. Except that I played it on a 34" Vizio through the 360's HDMI: I know, awful combination, but hey, had to play the game you know. :D I didn't notice any tearing when I was playing either. There are just a select few who are very boistorous about it because they are very nit-picky or they truly have a disorientation issue.

I traveled about the levels too. Just to take it all in. Its not like I left empty handed, though: rewards. Was also probably the reason why I ended up with around 47-49 out of the 60 treasures in my first playthrough. :D

Treo360

Basch said:
I'm just like 'ya. Except that I played it on a 34" Vizio through the 360's HDMI: I know, awful combination, but hey, had to play the game you know. :D I didn't notice any tearing when I was playing either. There are just a select few who are very boistorous about it because they are very nit-picky or they truly have a disorientation issue.

I traveled about the levels too. Just to take it all in. Its not like I left empty handed, though: rewards. Was also probably the reason why I ended up with around 47-49/60 out of 60 treasures in my first playthrough. :D

Nah, nothing to do with being boisterous, there is tearing, it's spotty, but it is there. I'm playing on a panny 52 inch rptv via component @ 1080i.

Now if you'll excuse me the need to play one more chapter just superseded sleep.:lol

Basch

Treo360 said:
Nah, nothing to do with being boisterous, there is tearing, it's spotty, but it is there. I'm playing on a panny 52 inch rptv via component @ 1080i.

Now if you'll excuse me the need to play one more chapter just superseded sleep.:lol

Yeah! Uncharted is victorious. It's like a movie. It's not like you can just... stop watching it. :lol No one can stop movies!

CBal2424

Banned
Just finished the game tonight, I havnt had a game impress me like this in a long time. And for the person who told me there were only 15 chapters wtf, I seriously got to chapter 15 then thought damn this is it, so I didnt play the rest of the day, then there ended up being 22. :lol

andycapps

Ok so I finally beat it last night. Loved every minute of the game, I'll look at the total time of my playthrough later today. Played it the first time through on medium, I'll go through on Hard and then Crushing if I'm up to it. Got around 20 treasures, but wasn't looking hard at all. Now I need to concentrate on all the medals and treasures.
Slightly disappointed in the final boss fight. Was not hard at all. Took a couple of tries, yes, but it was mainly from lack of knowing what to do in the areas. Once you knew what to do in the areas, it was easy.
Was a great game though. Definitely the most enjoyable game I've played in the last year or so. It's just like other people mention, it really is the closest thing to a movie I've ever seen in a videogame. The only other things that come close may be the God of War games with how cinematic they are.

this gets a 9.5/10 from me. The .5 would be from the 2 times I saw texture pop-in in the first couple seconds of a level and an enemy that behaved weird. Various ragdoll glitches when enemies were dead they'd keep twitching, but those are typical in video games. Nothing gamebreaking at all, and if you have a PS3, you must run to buy this game now. It seriously deserves to be a several million seller.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Ha, a flurry of people having finished recently, cool!

I just wrapped up my first playthrough last night. Loved the game from start to finish; the story, the delivery the dialogue, the pacing and humor all worked for me. I can't wait for the next Uncharted. Here's hoping that the next chapter is not titled, "Uncharted 2" or "Uncharted II" --- I hate numbered iterations/sequels. Also, people in this thread saying that Nathan Drake should not be the main character the next time through should be flogged! Over the course of this game, they've built up this character from a nobody to a really likeable personality, and it would be a shame to throw that character away.

I started out on Hard difficulty, and got through in just under 15 hours, I think, and managed to get 40+ treasures (43 maybe?) , and the "strange item" (or whatever it was called) without any guides. Whicch leads to my questions --- it appears that when you finish, you can restart the game from the beginning, but I can't seem to select the higher difficulty level, even in the options menu at the main menu screen. Do I simply need to start a new game to be able to select the new difficulty level?

Kudos, Naughty Dog!

Nilas

At the End of Uncharted my PS3 Freezes. I restart my PS3 and no BR Disc were found........... took a dvd and another br disc into the ps3 - works fine.

Then i check my BR Disc and have a look:
dsc00089xq4.jpg

dsc00091ci4.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, so i didnt see the end last sunday.
That was a collateral damage!

But finished the game now. i got a uncharted version from my buddy. Great game, beside the scrub ;)

Riddick

Finished it yesterday and I'm playing it for the second time today on hard. This game is flawless I just can't get bored with it.

Best next-gen game for me.

patsu

fernoca said:
Ive been playing it also at 720p, 27", through an HDMi-DVi cable...and havn't noticed any tearing or anything....maybe I'm just dumb.. :p

Same set up and same observation. All these tearing complains are making me choose my HD TV v.e.r.y. carefully.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
This game has really elevated to the level of Resident Evil 4 where the gun battles are so fun, varied, visceral and challenging that it becomes endlessly amusing and entertaining to jump into the game at any point and just cap a group of pirates

Banned
patsu said:
Same set up and same observation. All these tearing complains are making me choose my HD TV v.e.r.y. carefully.
I'm using a HDMI > VGA adapter on a CRT monitor, so it's definitely not the screen. (and it's not the adapter either) You guys must just be oblivious to it.

Going through again on Easy just to get the achievements I missed (just the treasures now) though there are still two I won't get. One of which is for completing on the hardest difficulty I assume, but what's the other hidden one?

andycapps

patsu said:

It's just a vocal minority. I haven't noticed many people having seen it. I have a 50" HDTV and don't notice any. But if you're the type of person that notices tearing, then I really don't think that choosing your HDTV will matter. The problem is in the console/coding in the game, not a person's TV.

Raist

Banned
andrewfee said:
Going through again on Easy just to get the achievements I missed (just the treasures now) though there are still two I won't get. One of which is for completing on the hardest difficulty I assume, but what's the other hidden one?

Depends, there are different ones. Most of them are X kills with every weapon.
IIRC the only other one, besides beating the game on all difficulty levels, is the super dynamite thing. You have to kill 3 dudes with one grenade (or the M79) 5 times in a row.

As for tearing, usually I'm bad at spotting it, but yeah, it's clearly present in Uncharted. That said, it's not THAT horrible. If you want to see some bad tearing, try Assassin's creed.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
andycapps said:
Various ragdoll glitches when enemies were dead they'd keep twitching, but those are typical in video games.
Interesting, I didn't see that at all during all of my playtime. They move a bit when you walk over them after they die, but I thought that was a pretty neat touch.

AKS

Marconelly said:
Interesting, I didn't see that at all during all of my playtime. They move a bit when you walk over them after they die, but I thought that was a pretty neat touch.

I never noticed this twitching glitch either. I've played this game a lot, too.

AKS said:
I never noticed this twitching glitch either. I've played this game a lot, too.
Marconelly said:
I didn't notice any twitching either really. The only thing I didn't like was the jerky-ness of the pirates animations when your shooting the them.

And sometimes when I shoot the pirates even with a handgun they'll go flying up in the air like I shot em with a shot gun. Did that happen with anyone else? Thats the only thing that bothered me really. It's an amazing game.
andrewfee said:
fernoca said:
The game is damn beautifully detailed...the whole reason as to why I'm like at 2 hours but only chapter 5, is because I spend a good amount of time just walking around and looking at the leaves, sun, water, etc...
You guys should really play the game on hard or crushing. I swear it's like a whole new game. The shoot outs at least way different the puzzles are the same of course.

You can still check out the graphics after you take out all the pirates :p

Actually, playing Half Life 2 after this....wow a real downgrade in AI stakes...the difference is very apparent..in HL2 they basically just stand there or rush you...no tactics at all

Banned
Raist said:
Depends, there are different ones. Most of them are X kills with every weapon.
IIRC the only other one, besides beating the game on all difficulty levels, is the super dynamite thing. You have to kill 3 dudes with one grenade (or the M79) 5 times in a row.
Oh right, I forgot they were mostly hidden. It's the one below "Dyno-Might!" worth 30 points.

Marconelly said:
I didn't see that at all, however I did have a lot of bodies go flying into the air doing complete (sometimes multiple) flips whenever I killed them. I just assumed it was another one of those things that everyone ignores?

InterMoniker said:
You guys should really play the game on hard or crushing. I swear it's like a whole new game. The shoot outs at least way different the puzzles are the same of course.
I did it on hard the first time through, this was just a quick run through to get the rest of the achievements I'm missing. (and then do Crushing afterwards) I've got everything other than this 30 point one and a few treasures now, so I might just start on Crushing without finishing this playthrough. I don't like that the treasures are just blinking white dots rather than actual objects in the game, makes them easier to miss.

Raist

Banned
andrewfee said:
Oh right, I forgot they were mostly hidden. It's the one below "Dyno-Might!" worth 30 points.

Then it's the super dynamite thing.

I didn't see that at all, however I did have a lot of bodies go flying into the air doing complete (sometimes multiple) flips whenever I killed them. I just assumed it was another one of those things that everyone ignores?

I see this all the time, and that's awesome ! Remember, it's pulp to the max.

Banned
Raist said:
Then it's the super dynamite thing.
Oh, I missed where you said that it was five times... in a row!!?!?!? That's ridiculous. (hardest achievement in the game?)

Raist said:
I see this all the time, and that's awesome ! Remember, it's pulp to the max.
Looked more like a physics glitch than that - I'm talking single shots to the head/chest/arm sending them up higher than their own height into the air doing flips, often landing with their heads straight down.

Raist

Banned
andrewfee said:
Oh, I missed where you said that it was five times... in a row!!?!?!? That's ridiculous. (hardest achievement in the game?)

Yeah, somewhat. There's a quite easy way to get it tho. Don't remember which chapter it is, but it's right before the place where there are tons of traps. There's an elevated place with a M79 dude. Go up there, pick his weapon, and wait for the guys to come from the jungle spot behind the traps. Kill three with one shot, get killed by a trap, rinse and repeat.

BeeDog

Is it possible to jump directly to a chapter with the chapter select screen and earn medals in that way, or is it only possible through a normal playthrough?

andycapps

Marconelly said:

Maybe I imagined it. I'll check it out again on my second playthrough.
It was the mutants, I noticed one time when I killed one that it landed in a weird position like it was sitting up but it was twitching around.

Banned
Raist said:
Yeah, somewhat. There's a quite easy way to get it tho. Don't remember which chapter it is, but it's right before the place where there are tons of traps. There's an elevated place with a M79 dude. Go up there, pick his weapon, and wait for the guys to come from the jungle spot behind the traps. Kill three with one shot, get killed by a trap, rinse and repeat.
Don't you have to kill the guy with the grenade launcher each time though? (or is it just five times, rather than five in a row - in which case I probably only need to do it one or two more times)

Just wondering, has anyone had Drake get stuck in an animation/on scenery and had to reload the last checkpoint? It's happened a couple of times today.

BeeDog

andrewfee said:
Don't you have to kill the guy with the grenade launcher each time though? (or is it just five times, rather than five in a row - in which case I probably only need to do it one or two more times)

Just wondering, has anyone had Drake get stuck in an animation/on scenery and had to reload the last checkpoint? It's happened a couple of times today.

You don't have to kill him each time. If you killed all enemies before his little plateau, and kill him on top of it, you will respawn at a checkpoint right below the plateau where he drops the grenade launcher with him being dead.

patsu

andrewfee said:
I'm using a HDMI > VGA adapter on a CRT monitor, so it's definitely not the screen. (and it's not the adapter either) You guys must just be oblivious to it.

When it gets down to your level of details, it's all of them together, including personal perception, programming, TV performance + settings + resolution + post processing (if any), and other specific issues (e.g., rumored XMB bug, dirty media that affects streaming). Under normal circumstances, most people don't think that the minor tearing, when present, is an issue. A few may be able to perceive it more. But it says something about the poster when he can only zoom into assorted non-issues and isolated imperfections, but missed the big picture by a mile.

Anyway, I am not here to police. I showed the game to a new PS3 owner yesterday. He said it's like watching a movie (visual, sound and story). Gameplay-wise, I think David Jaffe is right, the game is fun but the initial shooting did depress my friend somewhat. He has pretty good reflex. Hopefully he can sustain all the way.

Banned
BeeDog said:
You don't have to kill him each time. If you killed all enemies before his little plateau, and kill him on top of it, you will respawn at a checkpoint right below the plateau where he drops the grenade launcher with him being dead.
Ah, I'll be getting that one soon then.

patsu said:
...rumored XMB bug, dirty media that affects streaming). Under normal circumstances, most people don't think that the minor tearing, when present, is an issue. A few may be able to perceive it more. But it says something about the poster when he can only zoom into assorted non-issues and isolated imperfections, but missed the big picture by a mile.
What bug is that? And as I mentioned many times, most of those issues I bought up weren't problems I had with the game, they were things that people have been saying Uncharted doesn't do when it clearly does.

I still think it's one of the best looking games out there right now, but things like comparing it to Crysis are hilarious. I wouldn't have 750/1000 (soon to be much closer to the full 1000) in a day or so if I wasn't enjoying it.

Kittonwy

Banned
BeeDog said:
Is it possible to jump directly to a chapter with the chapter select screen and earn medals in that way, or is it only possible through a normal playthrough?

For those gun/combo medals and treasures you can, obviously a difficulty playthrough would require playing from start to finish.

Basch

Adamrogo said:

Quit giving me the cold shoulder Drake. I'm just going to be gone for a while. Ratchet and Clank Future is occupying me now... What?!? You're breaking my heart. I'm not leaving you or anything.

Nice shots, man. You're making it harder for me to keep my promise of only playing one game at a time. :lol

bigswords

Raist said:
Yeah, I agree. But that's mostly because Altair's movements are way slower than Drake's. Obviously, such slow movements wouldn't have worked with UDF's gameplay.
But yeah, the animation looks much more natural and fluid but if you really pay attention and try to ignore the speed of Drake's movements, they're also very nicely done.

However, the variety of the animations for Drake is completely on another level, and there's much more overlays, too. Oh, and Drake looks also more "alive". You see him breathe, react to shots, etc.

That's true I love the detail of him reacting to shots, makes him a really believable character. I don't understand why people say Drake is not a "memorable" character, Naughty Dog did a excellent job of using the "everyday man" hero in this case.

Basch

bigswords said:
That's true I love the detail of him reacting to shots, makes him a really believable character. I don't understand why people say Drake is not a "memorable" character, Naughty Dog did a excellent job of using the "everyday man" hero in this case.

Who said unmemorbable?!? LYNCH! LYNCH! LYNCH!

Drake would be the last person I would ever forget. Nay, I will never forget him. :D Or Elena for that matter.

bigswords

Basch said:
Who said unmemorbable?!? LYNCH! LYNCH! LYNCH!

Drake would be the last person I would ever forget. Nay, I will never forget him. :D Or Elena for that matter.

Some gaffer was saying that Drake was not memorable because he was wearing a wallmart white t-shirt and jeans and looked absolutely like a normal person. Damn I'm kind of sick of the tree trunk size huge mofos or suit wearing space marines. But the beauty of Drake is that he's a normal guy in an extraordinary adventure :D

Basch

bigswords said:
Some gaffer was saying that Drake was not memorable because he was wearing a wallmart white t-shirt and jeans and looked absolutely like a normal person. Damn I'm kind of sick of the tree trunk size huge mofos or suit wearing space marines. But the beauty of Drake is that he's a normal guy in an extraordinary adventure :D

Must've been Master Chief: jealousy does not become you, my friend. :D I like Drake. He reminds me of myself. A lot. So it is impossible for me not to like him. :lol

Basch

I don't know why, but I was reminiscing. I remembered at the way beginning of the game when
Drake gave Elena the gun, while the pirates advanced towards the ship, Drake asked if she knew how to use it. She responded, "Yeah. Just like a camera. Point and shoot?" Drake laughed, "Good girl." I couldn't help but snicker too, but at the same time my expression was much like that of Elena's: "What the hell did I just say? Do I even know what the hell I was suggesting?"
Momemts like those sold the characters to me. This has got to be the best casting of characters in a video game ever. Thank you, Naughty Dog. It is things like these that I cherish most out of my video games.

Well I downloaded the Uncharted demo today, seeing that I got my PS3 today I thought I'd give it a whirl from all the talk on here. Before I played the demo I thought Uncharted was just a good looking game and nothing more.

Holy shit was I wrong, Uncharted is the most stunning fucking game I ever played, I only played the demo and I can't imagine how much better some of the other levels will look. The platforming is awesome, mainly because of all the smooth as butter animations. I've never seen so many different animations in a demo. The gunplay is awesome as well, I love the cover mechanic, and there is nothing more satisfying that pulling off a headshot. I played it with the sound off and skipped the cutscene cause I don't wanna know what happens till I buy it.

And I will be buying it tomorrow, can't fuckin wait. Naughty Dog really delivered on this game, I never played anything like it.

Basch

Christopher said:
Man I can't wait to play Uncharted 2 - you just know the sequel is going to be so much better too.

Know what? I got a great idea for Uncharted 2. They should have Nate and Elena return as the leading characters, but wait something's wrong with Sully. Sully shoots Nate. Oh my God the horror. Nate tells Elena to never forget him. Elena runs off and than becomes the main character for Uncharted 2, dethroning Assassin's Creed for biggest twist in a video game. Later when federal law enforcement comes to inspect the crime, Nate's body is gone, and with it the necklace he had cherished so much. It is there that Elena gathers her courage and vows to find the necklace at all costs. She would get to the bottom of this and find why the necklace was so important to Sully.

As she journeys to the north through the artic tundras of Canada, hot on the trails of her lover's murderer, she begins to have these abnormal dreams. In the dreams, she is alone: all alone and crying. Crying crying crying. Then out of the corner of her eye, she sees him. She sees Nate. She gets up in a hurry, but it is already too late. He fades back into the shadows. He is gone again, and she is alone once more. She cries. Then, in the blink of an eye as if shot out from the Heavens themselves a burst of light engulfs all: shining through the darkness. Nate is there. He is back, and he stands there scared. He trembles and looks around, seeking for comfort. Elena rushes up and tries to grab his hands. She passes through him. He continues to stare, looking for that comfort. It is then that she realizes that the light was coming from her. It was radiating from her body outward. She finally understood. He was alive. He's not dead. She began to fall from her dream. The light closing back up into her womb.

She had learned all she needed to know. Nate was still alive, and she was going to rescue him. She decided a change of attire would reflect this mood. She quickly grabbed various materials and sewed herself a dress like none other. It was blue, with white frills. She even decided to grab a microphone and sing about Real Emotion to penguins and wild beasts of the night. They would all feel her amazing voice and cease what they were doing as if in a trance. She then took out her pistol and shot them all. She even justified that it was necessary to finding Nate. She continued to travel for miles and miles, and eventually reached the coast. Where was she supposed to go now.

She collapsed. She sat on the ground for what must have been hours, and then realized she had wasted too much time. She then proceeded to rewind time back to where she first encountered the coast, all the while the noise of film being rewound echoed in her ears. All of a sudden she could make a noise out of it, "PIGS BLOOD"; more rewinding, "ROCKS!" She stopped. She resumed time and decided to head west. "Why do you choose west?" Elena turned around. Across from her was a girl in a blue dress with white frills and blonde hair. She looked familiar. "Nate always loved Rocks. East is full of vivaciously vigor vigrants who try to oppose their government with wands. Nate never was one for politics." The other gave an exasperating sigh, "EAST! The far east." Elena smiled, "I don't wish to fall off World's End. The only other place to go is West. Believe it!"

With that said, Elena continued her journey west. She met cowboys and buffalo and more cowboys and buffalo... and long stretches of land with nothing to do. :D Finally, she reached the end. She could see the lapping waters rush up onto the shore. She even thought she saw a bottle wash up ashore. She thought it had a note in it, but thought she would be invading peoples privacy if she read them now. She turned around to have one last look at the land she was about to leave behind. Dust rolled in the distance. She looked down at her watch. It read 3:10. She let out a sigh and turned to meet the waters. "This should only take 60 seconds." She waded out into the waters, and looked up. A wave. It crashed down upon her body. She felt an instant surge of pain. She let out a whelp. And then as if a ton of bricks left her, she let go. SPLOOSH! Her eyes wide, she looked down and snatched the baby dangling by its umbilical cord. Holding him by his heel, she trudged through the rest of the knee deep waters and found herself in Alaska. She turned back around and saw an inconvenient truth begin to overtake the land.

She ran and ran. Ran, ran, and ran. Soon it was dark, and she couldn't find anybody, "Anybody?!?" To her disbelief, far into the darkness, she heard something move. A cry pierced the night as invisible nightwalkers jumped roof to roof watching her. She passed by a forklift. She thought she saw someone in there with a shotgun, but wasn't for sure. She went into one of the houses in town, and was encountered by the villagers. "You come from the beyond?" Elena met their gazes, "Look I don't know what you guys are talking about, just shoot 'em in the head. It works for me. Now if you'll excuse me." She went upstairs and opened the window. With the baby in her hands, she thrust him out of the window to get better light. The moon was not able to offer much, but it was enough. She inspected the boy and found him to be of weak build. She discarded him: absorbed into the abyss with a sickening thud. She left the house then, but, out of the corner of her eye, she saw him. It was Nate. She walked up to him. It seemed he was hunched over something. SMUCK SMUCK SMUCK. She looked down and saw pieces of the umbilical cord she had cut when she was upstairs. GASP!

Nate began to get up, ready to meet his next meal. Elena wide-eyed, began to back up. She fled. She fled for what must have been days. Weeks even. She tried to count how many but couldn't get past 23. She found an abandoned factory, and walked in. It was dark in here, but only for a while. Suddenly, the lights were turned on. She let out a shriek. There were 88 nightwalkers surrounding her. But she didn't have a weapon to fight them with. Use the heart. Its your only hope. She turned around and found a key that was wedged in between some gears. She pulled it out. "Without a heart, you guys have nothing. I know that the kingdom is light!" Then it goes all black and white and she slices and dices. She also chucks a few ninja stars. Eventually she kills them all except for one. She pulls the lone survivor over to where she found the key. "Where's Sully!!!" "I don't know," the figure responds. She slams his head against the revolving gears. "WHERE'S SULLY!!!" He couldn't take it this time, "He's waiting for you. He's in the..." A dart soars in and punctures the fighter's neck. As he breathes his last breaths, he says, "You can save him. Just sacrifice yourself and the magic will be broken."

Elena hesitates, and then goes upstairs to the rafters. At the top, Sully waits. He has the ring of power. The energy in the place seems to rise. He has mutated eyes and a heart that pumps outside of his body. He has become a monster now. Instead of fingers, he has tendrils: big; large ones. He seems to think he is perfect. Just then, a new person appears. Behind Elena, storms in Nate. He looks at Elena, transfixed and unwavering. He frowns and tears pour out from his blood drenched eyes. Elena rushes over to him. Sully sees what is going on and sends his tendrils flying towards Nate. Elena is one step ahead of him, though, and throws herself in front of him. The tentacles drive through her. Nate stands there aghast. Elena, by the force of the blow, is sent hurdling off the rafters and lands on a stone table. Symbols light up and she begins to heal up. Nate, because of her sacrifice, is free of his barbaric bonds and pulls out uzis from under his shirt. He shoots at Sully sending hundreds of bullets his way. Some kick-a$$ music starts playing and they start shooting at eachother from behind cover: Nate dodging stuff, and Sully trying to avoid all the whizzing bullets. Eventually, Nate shoots off one of his tentacles and then sees a bunch of explosive barrels. He shoots them and the resulting explosion shakes the Earth. A blinding white light engulfs the world.

Nate and Elena are together again. They are on a purple shore, looking at a big egg hovering above the water with weird orange globs floating over to it. Nate says, "I don't want to be a part of that. I want to be with you." Elena holds her stomache which now has bandages around it, "You are so f*(c)ked up." They hug, and kiss. Then they are sent back into the world, and are congradulated by a bunch of random people, including Naughty Dog. And so they lived happily ever after.

The End. Or is it? Uncharted 3 lives. :D

SRG01

Basch said:
Know what? I got a great idea for Uncharted 2. They should have Nate and Elena return as the leading characters, but wait something's wrong with Sully. Sully shoots Nate. Oh my God the horror. Nate tells Elena to never forget him. Elena runs off and than becomes the main character for Uncharted 2, dethroning Assassin's Creed for biggest twist in a video game. Later when federal law enforcement comes to inspect the crime, Nate's body is gone, and with it the necklace he had cherished so much. It is there that Elena gathers her courage and vows to find the necklace at all costs. She would get to the bottom of this and find why the necklace was so important to Sully.

As she journeys to the north through the artic tundras of Canada, hot on the trails of her lover's murderer, she begins to have these abnormal dreams. In the dreams, she is alone: all alone and crying. Crying crying crying. Then out of the corner of her eye, she sees him. She sees Nate. She gets up in a hurry, but it is already too late. He fades back into the shadows. He is gone again, and she is alone once more. She cries. Then, in the blink of an eye as if shot out from the Heavens themselves a burst of light engulfs all: shining through the darkness. Nate is there. He is back, and he stands there scared. He trembles and looks around, seeking for comfort. Elena rushes up and tries to grab his hands. She passes through him. He continues to stare, looking for that comfort. It is then that she realizes that the light was coming from her. It was radiating from her body outward. She finally understood. He was alive. He's not dead. She began to fall from her dream. The light closing back up into her womb.

She had learned all she needed to know. Nate was still alive, and she was going to rescue him. She decided a change of attire would reflect this mood. She quickly grabbed various materials and sewed herself a dress like none other. It was blue, with white frills. She even decided to grab a microphone and sing about Real Emotion to penguins and wild beasts of the night. They would all feel her amazing voice and cease what they were doing as if in a trance. She then took out her pistol and shot them all. She even justified that it was necessary to finding Nate. She continued to travel for miles and miles, and eventually reached the coast. Where was she supposed to go now.

She collapsed. She sat on the ground for what must have been hours, and then realized she had wasted to much time. She then proceeded to rewind time back to where she first encountered the coast, all the while the noise of film being rewound echoed in her ears. All of a sudden she could make a noise out of it, "PIGS BLOOD"; more rewinding, "ROCKS!" She stopped. She resumed time and decided to head west. "Why do you choose west?" Elena turned around. Across from her was a girl in a blue dress with white frills and blonde hair. She looked familiar. "Nate always loved Rocks. East is full of vivaciously vigor vigrants who try to oppose their government with wands. Nate never was one for politics." The other gave an exasperating sigh, "EAST! The far east." Elena smiled, "I don't wish to fall off World's End. The only other place to go is West. Believe it!"

With that said, Elena continued her journey west. She met cowboys and buffalo and more cowboys and buffalo... and long stretches of land with nothing to do. :D Finally, she reached the end. She could see the lapping waters rush up onto the shore. She even thought she saw a bottle wash up ashore. She thought it had a note in it, but thought she would be invading peoples privacy if she read them now. She turned around to have one last look at the land she was about to leave behind. Dust rolled in the distance. She looked down at her watch. It read 3:10. She let out a sigh and turned to meet the waters. "This should only take 60 seconds." She waded out into the waters, and looked up. A wave. It crashed down upon her body. She felt an instant surge of pain. She let out a whelp. And then as if a ton of bricks left her, she let go. SPLOOSH! Her eyes wide, she looked down and snatched the baby dangling by its umbilical cord. Holding him by his heel, she trudged through the rest of the knee deep waters and found herself in Alaska. She turned back around and saw an inconvenient truth begin to overtake the land.

She ran and ran. Ran, ran, and ran. Soon it was dark, and she couldn't find anybody, "Anybody?!?" To her disbelief, far into the darkness, she heard something move. A cry pierced the night as invisible nightwalkers jumped roof to roof watching her. She passed by a forklift. She thought she saw someone in there with a shotgun, but wasn't for sure. She went into one of the houses in town, and was encountered by the villagers. "You come from the beyond?" Elena met their gazes, "Look I don't know what you guys are talking about, just shoot 'em in the head. It works for me. Now if you'll excuse me. She went upstairs and opened the window. With the baby in her hands, she thrust him out of the window to get better light. The moon was not able to offer much, but it was enough. She inspected the boy and found him to be of weak build. She discarded him: absorbed into the abyss with a sickening thud. She left the house then, but, out of the corner of her eye, she saw him. It was Nate. She walked up to him. It seemed he was hunched over something. SMUCK SMUCK SMUCK. She looked down and saw pieces of the umbilical cord she had cut when she was upstairs. GASP!

Nate began to get up, ready to meet his next meal. Elena wide-eyed, began to back up. She fled. She fled for what must have been days. Weeks even. She tried to count how many but couldn't get past 23. She found an abandoned factory, and walked in. It was dark in here, but only for a while. Suddenly, the lights were turned on. She let out a shriek. There were 88 nightwalkers surrounding her. But she didn't have a weapon to fight them with. Use the heart. Its your only hope. She turned around and found a key that was wedged in between some gears. She pulled it out. "Without a heart, you guys have nothing. I know that the kingdom is light!" Then it goes all black and white and she slices and dices. She also chucks a few ninja stars. Eventually she kills them all except for one. She pulls the lone survivor over to where she found the key. "Where's Sully!!!" "I don't know," the figure responds. She slams his head against the revolving gears. "WHERE'S SULLY!!!" He couldn't take it this time, "He's waiting for you. He's in the..." A dart soars in and punctures the fighter's neck. As he breathes his last breaths, he says, "You can save him. Just sacrifice yourself and the magic will be broken."

Elena hesitates, and the goes upstairs to the rafters. At the top, Sully waits. He has the ring of power. The energy in the place seems to rise. He has mutated eyes and a heart that pumps outside of his body. He has become a monster now. Instead of fingers, he has tendrils: big; large ones. He seems to think he is perfect. Just then, a new person appears. Behind Elena, storms in Nate. He looks at Elena, transfixed and unwavering. He frowns and tears pour out from his blood drenched eyes. Elena rushes over to him. Sully sees what is going on and sends his tendrils flying towards Nate. Elena is one step ahead of him, though, and throws herself in front of him. The tentacles drive through her. Nate stands there aghast. Elena, by the force of the blow, is sent hurdling off the rafters and lands on a stone table. Symbols light up and she begins to heal up. Nate, because of her sacrifice, is free of his barbaric bonds and pulls out uzis from under his shirt. He shoots at Sully sending hundreds of bullets his way. Some kick-a$$ music starts playing and they start shooting at eachother from behind cover: Nate dodging stuff, and Sully trying to avoid all the whizzing bullets. Eventually, Nate shoots off one of his tentacles and then sees a bunch of explosive barrels. He shoots them and the resulting explosion shakes the Earth. A blinding white light engulfs the world.

Nate and Elena are together again. They are on a purple shore, looking at a big egg hovering above the water with weird orange globs floating over to it. Nate says, "I don't want to be a part of that. I want to be with you." Elena holds her stomache which now has bandages around it, "You are so f*(c)ked up." They hug, and kiss. Then they are sent back into the world, and are congradulated by a bunch of random people, including Naughty Dog. And so they lived happily ever after.

Dude.

What the hell was that?! :lol

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
bigswords said:

That is why I love Nate in Uncharted simple character with very good attitude and Voice actor are 100x better than most characters out there.

Basch

I'm tired, but I thought it was entertaining. Putting all the references in there was fun. :lol A bit random, but fun. If you've seen a bunch of movies these last few years, played a few popular games, and know a few certain animes, you'll pretty much get everything that's in there.

Basch said:

She collapsed. She sat on the ground for what must have been hours, and then realized she had wasted too much time. She then proceeded to rewind time back to where she first encountered the coast, all the while the noise of film being rewound echoed in her ears. All of a sudden she could make a noise out of it, "PIGS BLOOD"; more rewinding, "ROCKS!" She stopped. She resumed time and decided to head west. "Why do you choose west?" Elena turned around. Across from her was a girl in a blue dress with white frills and blonde hair. She looked familiar. "Nate always loved Rocks. East is full of vivaciously vigor vigrants who try to oppose their government with wands. Nate never was one for politics." The other gave an exasperating sigh, "EAST! The far east." Elena smiled, "I don't wish to fall off World's End. The only other place to go is West. Believe it!"

She ran and ran. Ran, ran, and ran. Soon it was dark, and she couldn't find anybody, "Anybody?!?" To her disbelief, far into the darkness, she heard something move. A cry pierced the night as invisible nightwalkers jumped roof to roof watching her. She passed by a forklift. She thought she saw someone in there with a shotgun, but wasn't for sure. She went into one of the houses in town, and was encountered by the villagers. "You come from the beyond?" Elena met their gazes, "Look I don't know what you guys are talking about, just shoot 'em in the head. It works for me. Now if you'll excuse me." She went upstairs and opened the window. With the baby in her hands, she thrust him out of the window to get better light. The moon was not able to offer much, but it was enough. She inspected the boy and found him to be of weak build. She discarded him: absorbed into the abyss with a sickening thud. She left the house then, but, out of the corner of her eye, she saw him. It was Nate. She walked up to him. It seemed he was hunched over something. SMUCK SMUCK SMUCK. She looked down and saw pieces of the umbilical cord she had cut when she was upstairs. GASP!

Elena hesitates, and then goes upstairs to the rafters. At the top, Sully waits. He has the ring of power. The energy in the place seems to rise. He has mutated eyes and a heart that pumps outside of his body. He has become a monster now. Instead of fingers, he has tendrils: big; large ones. He seems to think he is perfect. Just then, a new person appears. Behind Elena, storms in Nate. He looks at Elena, transfixed and unwavering. He frowns and tears pour out from his blood drenched eyes. Elena rushes over to him. Sully sees what is going on and sends his tendrils flying towards Nate. Elena is one step ahead of him, though, and throws herself in front of him. The tentacles drive through her. Nate stands there aghast. Elena, by the force of the blow, is sent hurdling off the rafters and lands on a stone table. Symbols light up and she begins to heal up. Nate, because of her sacrifice, is free of his barbaric bonds and pulls out uzis from under his shirt. He shoots at Sully sending hundreds of bullets his way. Some kick-a$$ music starts playing and they start shooting at eachother from behind cover: Nate dodging stuff, and Sully trying to avoid all the whizzing bullets. Eventually, Nate shoots off one of his tentacles and then sees a bunch of explosive barrels. He shoots them and the resulting explosion shakes the Earth. A blinding white light engulfs the world.

this is what happen when you played a very GREAT games, so take note Gaf.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
andrewfee said:
Exaggerated death animations like those flips were put intentionally in the game as part of it's pulp roots, much like tons of others exaggerated enemy animations that were complete cheese but looked awesome (like running sliding into the cover on their knees etc). I know I didn't ignore those, but I rather enjoyed them, and so did many others :p

Basch

Chromax said:
Yay, Uncharted's first fanfiction! We've come a long way!

Hey, I wasn't serious. It was just an attempt at some humor. I don't like fanfiction anyways. :lol

Marconelly said:
Exaggerated death animations like those flips were put intentionally in the game as part of it's pulp roots, much like tons of others exaggerated enemy animations that were complete cheese but looked awesome (like running sliding into the cover on their knees etc). I know I didn't ignore those, but I rather enjoyed them, and so did many others :p

You betcha. It felt oh so more involving. :D

Top Bottom