• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So the only people who have the demo so far are europeans SOL with a black screen?

Wait... if I had a working demo I wouldn't be posting on GAF... makes sense :lol

cameltoe

Blablurn said:
IMPRESSIONS FROM THE DEMO!

71wjtoz.jpg

Wow no AA and the textures are shit!

Firewire

Banned
TheBranca18 said:
The people complaining about the two problems (blank screen, insert game disc), do you have a PAL system? I'm wondering if somehow there's something messed up there.

yeah that what I'm thinking!

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
iapetus said:
I've tried rebooting and running with a disc in the drive, and now I get the same black screen. Looks like a nasty case of Euros am screwed.

NOOOOOOOOO! Don't say that!! ='(

Zeke

lucky bastards I'm at school ;( Its only 3 right now and the earliest I'll get home is 9:20 tonight. Double ;( ;(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
deepbrown said:
Anastachio said bias AGAINST the PS3. He said basically, unless you HATE the PS3, you should be very impressed.

no he didn't

"I have a hard time believing that anyone that actually owns a PS3 is biased of the PS3… "

I thought he meant no one is biased towards the ps3... i dunno why are people arguing about this? Besides I know people who buy consoles just to look like they're not fanboys, we all know that's not true.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
:| Better work on my Japanese system! You'd think it would fail a little more gracefully if it was a region-locking issue...and that seems bizaare given that Sony doesn't region lock any of their games (and in fact, none are on PS3).

dfyb

Banned
just beat the demo. was harder than expected (played on normal). was awesome. wish i understood the melee combat better -- you can't just do whatever you want or the enemy will counter you, you gotta stick to combos (the one the demo gives you is square, triangle, square). game is beautiful, ran great, and was much fun. platforming controls are awesome, sixaxis grenade stuff works great.

no real complaints. some of the trees looked plastic and fake, but i'm not sure if that's because this is from an older build or whatever. not a big deal - overall game is gorgeous.

Alski

I work for M$ marketing! Hi!
msdstc said:
no he didn't

"I have a hard time believing that anyone that actually owns a PS3 is biased of the PS3… "

I thought he meant no one is biased towards the ps3... i dunno why are people arguing about this? Besides I know people who buy consoles just to look like they're not fanboys, we all know that's not true.

Yeah, its silly. Lets move on... I love you guys.

Synless

dfyb said:
just beat the demo. was harder than expected (played on normal). was awesome. wish i understood the melee combat better -- you can't just do whatever you want, you gotta stick to combos. game is beautiful, ran great, and was much fun. platforming controls are awesome, sixaxis grenade stuff works great. so fun.
Exactly what I expected......I'm hyped up for this more then Assassins creed and I'm pretty fucking hyped for that game.

deepbrown

msdstc said:
no he didn't

Read his whole post dude. It was quite clear what he wrote. English isn't his first language, so putting the wrong word isnt out of the question. And if you read the rest he says you will be very impressed.

What sense would it be saying "unless you are biased FOR the ps3, you will be very impressed". That makes no sense.

acabado

Banned
dfyb said:
just beat the demo. was harder than expected (played on normal). was awesome. wish i understood the melee combat better -- you can't just do whatever you want or the enemy will counter you, you gotta stick to combos (the one the demo gives you is square, triangle, square). game is beautiful, ran great, and was much fun. platforming controls are awesome, sixaxis grenade stuff works great.

no real complaints. some of the trees looked plastic and fake, but i'm not sure if that's because this is from an older build or whatever. not a big deal - overall game is gorgeous.

Nice!

I'm downloading, but brazilian ISP are really slower than U.S. ones.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dfyb said:

sounds like heavenly sword in terms of having to do combos, like the aerial combos in HS.

so did it meet your expectations? AAA or not?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
robertsan21 said:
I dont know but does ANY AMERICAN HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE DEMO?

please post and let us know!
They're long gone man. Shooting up pirates by now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
deepbrown said:
Read his whole post dude. It was quite clear what he wrote. English isn't his first language, so putting the wrong word isnt out of the question. And if you read the rest he says you will be very impressed.

What sense would it be saying "unless you are biased FOR the ps3, you will be very impressed". That makes no sense.

like i said why are you arguing? Defensiveness is alright, but about this? Jesus drop it man not a big deal, you claimed he worded it differently I pointed out that he didn't. The way he worded it made it sound like fanboys don't exist, i stated my opinion on it, and you get all upset, really not a big deal just drop it.

edit- for the record I took it wrong when I read it so I agree my comment was wrong. I thought maybe he was just a gamer who loves all consoles and didn't realize the presence of fanboyism.

Pachimari

deepbrown said:
Anastachio said bias AGAINST the PS3. He said basically, unless you HATE the PS3, you should be very impressed.
I didn't say PS3, I said Uncharted.. And I love all consoles as I don't make gaming my main interest. Did I start a war between two people?

dallow_bg said:
There will would be even if the OP had downloaded it already.
You don't have a point. It's going to happen.
It always happens.

You're just shortsighted. ...at lease the OP would have impressions. You know like the thread title?

Steroyd

Damn you Sony launching the demo early, It's too early for me to go to bed and wake up to an installed and ready to play uncharted.

Top Bottom