• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

comrade

Firewire said:
what do you mean short? how short?

61% and slowing down to a crawl!
Took me about 10 minutes to beat it both times I played it. There's about 3 fire fights maybe 4 and 2 or 3 easy platforming sections.
The AI seems decent. They move around a lot and are good shots but I have had a couple of them just sit on top of a grenade I've thrown screaming.

Edit: demo is actually longer but the first 5 minutes of it is a cutscene.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
krypt0nian said:
You're just shortsighted. ...at lease the OP would have impressions. You know like the thread title?

jeez defensiveness runs high on gaf. The point of this thread is so when people are done downloading they post it in here. He made the thread so whenever the first person had it done and played they could post it here instead of the official thread, or the PSN thread so posts wouldn't be scattered all about.

deepbrown

msdstc said:
like i said why are you arguing? Defensiveness is alright, but about this? Jesus drop it man not a big deal, you claimed he worded it differently I pointed out that he didn't. The way he worded it made it sound like fanboys don't exist, i stated my opinion on it, and you get all upset, really not a big deal just drop it.

edit- for the record I took it wrong when I read it so I agree my comment was wrong. I thought maybe he was just a gamer who loves all consoles and didn't realize the presence of fanboyism.
I just syaing that you misread. Your the one who brought it up. You were saying that everyone in here was a fanboy. Peh.

dfyb

Banned
msdstc said:
sounds like heavenly sword in terms of having to do combos, like the aerial combos in HS.

so did it meet your expectations? AAA or not?
i think it was on target with my expectations. can't say if it's AAA or not because for me that'll depend on if the story delivers and how the gameplay evolves later in the game. the potential is there.

my main worry for the game before the demo was that it was going to be too easy. that's no longer a worry -- you gotta be careful about your positioning. enemies can come from all sides and they make an effort to flank you. pay attention to the environment and check for explosive barrels etc.

i do hope the melee system is relatively deep. i'm hoping for a variety of combos that are useful. since enemies still shoot at you when you're engaged in melee, i wish there was a "human sheild" combo :p.

some parts of hte demo could have used some music. drake makes comments when you kill people etc and they're fine, but sorta weird if that's all you are hearing.

spwolf

comrade said:
Took me about 10 minutes to beat it both times I played it. There's about 3 fire fights maybe 4 and 2 or 3 easy platforming sections.
The AI seems decent. They move around a lot and are good shots but I have had a couple of them just sit on top of a grenade I've thrown screaming.

they are pirates, not bald space marines...

msdstc said:
jeez defensiveness runs high on gaf. The point of this thread is so when people are done downloading they post it in here. He made the thread so whenever the first person had it done and played they could post it here instead of the official thread, or the PSN thread so posts wouldn't be scattered all about.

people are already posting percentages int he PSN content thread. This thread lacked impressions til like 10 posts ago.

Post an impressions thread <gasp> with impressions.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Blablurn said:
81el92o.jpg
Is that your TV? Why does it say Drake's Schicksal, if that's a US demo?

west

FabCam said:
If it's region locked I'll be pissed...

More likely it is a bug. I doubt they tested the US demo on Pal systems. If it really was region locked there would be something else than a text asking for the disk. This just seems like sloppy QA.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
krypt0nian said:
You're just shortsighted. ...at lease the OP would have impressions. You know like the thread title?
8(

msdstc said:
Thank you, that's what I said on the first page as well.

deepbrown

dfyb said:
i think it was on target with my expectations. can't say if it's AAA or not because for me that'll depend on if the story delivers and how the gameplay evolves later in the game. the potential is there.

my main worry for the game before the demo was that it was going to be too easy. that's no longer a worry -- you gotta be careful about your positioning. enemies can come from all sides and they make an effort to flank you. pay attention to the environment and check for explosive barrels etc.

i do hope the melee system is relatively deep. i'm hoping for a variety of combos that are useful. since enemies still shoot at you when you're engaged in melee, i wish there was a "human sheild" combo :p.

some parts of hte demo could have used some music. drake makes comments when you kill people etc and they're fine, but sorta weird if that's all you are hearing.
Yuh I get that when I'm in a jungle. I always think "not enough music". Are there monkeys?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
deepbrown said:
I just syaing that you misread. Your the one who brought it up. You were saying that everyone in here was a fanboy. Peh.

where in gods name did i say that? I said FROM THREADS LIKE THIS you can tell bias exists, and it's plain and simple YOU CAN. Jesus, I meant exclusive game threads, like uncharted, mass effect for 360, mario galaxy for wii. Bias runs high in exclusive game threads period.

Blablurn

Marconelly said:
Is that your TV? Why does it say Drake's Schicksal, if that's a US demo?

it's always like that when i'm downloading a demo from the us stores. most time the demos are already translated.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dfyb said:

I bet they couldn't include music files or sound files in the actual demo kinda like heavenly sword also, where the sound would cut out or just not be there sometimes, maybe they cut it out in order to lower the size of the demo? Maybe i'm just talkin outta my ass.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
24% after like half an hour...... hurrrrrrr.....

I'll be back to post my ME TOO impressions in about 2 hours :p

EDIT: By the way, anyone having a discussion over the "bias" comment is a serious douche. I'm sure 99% of GAF is like WTF are they bickering over???

deepbrown

msdstc said:
where in gods name did i say that? I said FROM THREADS LIKE THIS you can tell bias exists, and it's plain and simple YOU CAN. Jesus, I meant exclusive game threads, like uncharted, mass effect for 360, mario galaxy for wii. Bias runs high in exclusive game threads period.
Stop calling me Jesus.

VonGak!

Banned
Anastacio said:
I didn't say PS3, I said Uncharted.. And I love all consoles as I don't make gaming my main interest. Did I start a war between two people?
They used to be best friends till you came!

Pachimari

msdstc said:
I bet they couldn't include music files or sound files in the actual demo kinda like heavenly sword also, where the sound would cut out or just not be there sometimes, maybe they cut it out in order to lower the size of the demo? Maybe i'm just talkin outta my ass.
There were quiet places in the beta as well - no music, and when it finally kicked in, it was epic.

VonGak! said:
They used to be best friends till you came!
Nice..

Firewire

Banned
comrade said:

thanx!

81% (slowed down to almost nothing) I'll be pushing daisies before this thing finishes!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Blablurn said:
Okay

Sony hates Europe!

It's confirmed.

:lol

I expected it to happen eventually. I think they wanna launch the demo at the proper time so that hype can build in time for the game. When motorstorm launched months before it came out... I didn't even care any more once I put the game in, and I didn't even realize until I played. This is radically different since it's a month away, but even with ninja gaiden sigma I was definitely going to get it after I played the demo, but by the time it came out I didn't care anymore.

deepbrown

msdstc said:
:lol

I expected it to happen eventually. I think they wanna launch the demo at the proper time so that hype can build in time for the game. When motorstorm launched months before it came out... I didn't even care any more once I put the game in, and I didn't even realize until I played. This is radically different since it's a month away, but even with ninja gaiden sigma I was definitely going to get it after I played the demo, but by the time it came out I didn't care anymore.
You're starting to make me angry. I'll set the barralama on you!

yep seems we guys are screwed, Screen turns Black and changed from 1080 to 720p and just becomes BLACK!

so much for Region free PS3!

fuck you sony

besada

Banned
Pictures from my Smasung DLP, in shitty lighting, so don't expect too much:

6kyjb77.jpg

6xl591s.jpg

85bj72u.jpg

6xshf7k.jpg

81plnva.jpg

Now I'm going to go play the thing. Impressions later.

dfyb

Banned
more impressions:

the sound design is great. stuff (bullets etc) seems to sound like it would in a forest. when you're near death, it's hard to hear anything -- i think the near-death effects did a good job.

there is water in the demo -- first thing i did when i saw it was roll in it to get all wet :D.

a lot of satisfaction for shooting people. there's thick blood and they are very reactive. after getting shot i saw one enemy holding their arm as they tried to shoot me with the other arm. headshots are great.

explosive barrel and grenade ranges seemed spot on -- things died when i expected them to and i was safe when i expected to be safe.

Top Bottom