• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Infernodash said:
AA but not AAA. This will not flop like Heavenly Sword, though. I will type more in depth review soon.

I wouldn't consider HS a flop, seeing as how, hour for hour, I enjoyed that game as much as any this gen.

ty_hot

Sry EUR PS3 owners, i hace a US PS3, and I'm going to play it in a few minutes :lol

(fucking brazilian ISP, download speed SUX here :( )

Loudninja

dfyb said:
more impressions:

the sound design is great. stuff (bullets etc) seems to sound like it would in a forest. when you're near death, it's hard to hear anything -- i think the near-death effects did a good job.

there is water in the demo -- first thing i did when i saw it was roll in it to get all wet :D.

a lot of satisfaction for shooting people. there's thick blood and they are very reactive. after getting shot i saw one enemy holding their arm as they tried to shoot me with the other arm. headshots are great.

explosive barrel and grenade ranges seemed spot on -- things died when i expected them to and i was safe when i expected to be safe.

Very cool

CloudNL

Dammit.

"Insert gamedisc"

WTF is this shit.

Sony officially hates Europe and doesn't give a shit!
Ratchet and Clank 70 euro. Are they @&*#&# insane!?

Ranger X

Well, the demo probably is NTSC only just like the Folklore demo (uploaded in Euro first) was PAL only.
It seems that it's not all the demo that will work from any region. You Euro dudes will have to wait for your own upload it seems.

robertsan21 said:
yep seems we guys are screwed, Screen turns Black and changed from 1080 to 720p and just becomes BLACK!

so much for Region free PS3!

fuck you sony

They never promised anything about demos. The Uncharted game disc will run fine. Demos are part of ad campaign planning and are fair game for region locks.

Sucks but it doesn't negate their region free stance.

Then again it could be a ND screw up with lang files etc.

Firewire

Banned
This is not fair to our European friends.

Bad Sony! They should have said something about the demo being N.A. only or something.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Ranger X said:
I guess it's should. It's NTSC after all.

Utterly irrelevant if you're connected via HDMI, but nice try.

It's more likely to be that it has multiple locale files and they've only included the US one in the demo.

FabCam

bud said:
seems like most of the people with uncharted avatars can't even play it.

oh the irony
picardhawtls61gt8.jpg

Ok this is too much, I'm downloading it because I want to see the ownage with my own eyes.

That's the most stupid thing I've ever seen if true.

keyrat

If it gives a black screen or disc read error on a european PS3 it probably isn't region locked so much as there's a problem with it running in different regions. if it was region locked on purpose, it'd probably say something like when you put in a BD movie from a region not your own.

djkimothy said:
Wow, controls seem complicated. Grenade down arrow?

Still downloading... :(
Ya I'm not feeling that after Resistance and Cod4 I relized having a button for grenades is better than switching. I don't think there's grenades in the demo but then again I couldn't finish it cause my ps3 froze!

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
A friend of mine suggested this is a bug due to possibly the game trying to load an SCEE message but the paths were on a disc rather than on the drive. In other words, not intentional. He thinks it's a bug because it makes no sense for it to say "insert game disk."

Ranger X

iapetus said:
Utterly irrelevant if you're connected via HDMI.

Don't know about HDMI. What about component cables? Whit those it's just the signal that matters i guess. I can display some PAL60 stuff on my american TV and it's not multi-region. I thought the other way around might have been possible (and with japan).

Dante

antiloop said:
I don't even dare to read the thread. Is it full of trolls and disappointments?

:eek:

Not really just outrage from our friends across the pond. Apparently a couple of them are jumping ship because of this. :lol

Firewire said:

Bad Sony! They should have said something about the demo being N.A. only or something.

isnt this the first time they LOCK a demo for a specific region?

and they dont have balls enough to say anything about it!

Sony Corp you suck

deepbrown

I'm officially selling my PS3.

No, I'm BURNING IT. And I'm robbing Sony's bank and stealing all their money and hoping they fail.

Plus I'm not very pleased with Naughty Dog. They ave said for 2 weeks the demo will be this week, but not once did they say it's only on the US store, and neither did they say it's fucking region locked.

My money stays in my pocket.

Jim

Firewire said:

Wouldn't the fact that it was only released on the N.A. store and only announced as a N.A. update been enough of an indicator? It's not like they released a non-functioning demo onto the Euro store...

Seriously though, it probably wasn't done on purpose. I bet they didn't test the N.A. demo on anything but a N.A. machine. That's SCEE's job.

Top Bottom