• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Steroyd

Ranger X said:
Well, the demo probably is NTSC only just like the Folklore demo (uploaded in Euro first) was PAL only.
It seems that it's not all the demo that will work from any region. You Euro dudes will have to wait for your own upload it seems.

But PAL is a lower frequency and slightly higher than SD res all you need is a HDTV this isn't comparable.

Loudninja

deepbrown said:
I'm officially selling my PS3.

No, I'm BURNING IT. And I'm robbing Sony's bank and stealing all their money and hoping they fail.

Plus I'm not very pleased with Naughty Dog. They ave said for 2 weeks the demo will be this week, but not once did they say it's only on the US store, and neither did they say it's fucking region locked.

My money stays in my pocket.

yeah right :lol

Uh, A demo for US owners only that can still be downloaded from Europe.

Good going Sony. At the current rate, we'll have the demo mid October.

deepbrown

Jim said:
Wouldn't the fact that it was only released on the N.A. store and only announced as a N.A. update been enough of an indicator? It's not like they released a non-functioning demo onto the Euro store...
Peh.

Mamesj

Banned
deepbrown said:

No, I'm BURNING IT. And I'm robbing Sony's bank and stealing all their money and hoping they fail.

Plus I'm not very pleased with Naughty Dog. They ave said for 2 weeks the demo will be this week, but not once did they say it's only on the US store, and neither did they say it's fucking region locked.

now it's getting good. Keep the meltdowns coming people :lol

can't wait to see real impressions. game looks great.

So funny that you guys are bitching so bad about Sony hating Europe. They didn't put it on the Euro PSN store for a reason, so you expect to be able to create a fake account, which Sony does not want you to do, and download it from another region and are pissed that it doesn't work? Seriously, just wait until they want you to have it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
joshcryer said:
A friend of mine suggested this is a bug due to possibly the game trying to load an SCEE message but the paths were on a disc rather than on the drive. In other words, not intentional. He thinks it's a bug because it makes no sense for it to say "insert game disk."

Well, this is what I'm wondering. If it was a region issue, you think it would fail 'gracefully' with a message indicating so.

Uff. I wish someone with a Japanese PS3 could confirm if it works or not on them. My download is STILL in progress.

Mamesj

Banned
deepbrown said:
I'm not joking. Someone swap their Xbox for a ps3.

2zohtzl.gif

Ranger X

Steroyd said:
But PAL is a lower frequency and slightly higher than SD res all you need is a HDTV this isn't comparable.

I know. I thought that since Jap and US are both 60 hertz and same resolution that might have worked.

Jim said:
Wouldn't the fact that it was only released on the N.A. store and only announced as a N.A. update been enough of an indicator? It's not like they released a non-functioning demo onto the Euro store...

Seriously though, it probably wasn't done on purpose. I bet they didn't test the N.A. demo on anything but a N.A. machine. That's SCEE's job.

If they didn't want other territories downloading the demo then a simple IP block could have sufficed, instead of waiting to download 1.2Gb (and installing it). If it is deliberate of course.

shagg_187 said:
STOP WHINING PEOPLE!

It takes 5 minute to create a NA account!

AND ITS FREE!

HERE! LET ME HELP U!

Name: John Doe
Password: Crybabies4eva
Address: 40 Port Street
City: Toronto
Postal Code: L5G1B8

THATS IT!

Download the demo and delete the account!

Jesus Christ.. some people need reasons to whine!

Um. I don't think you realize what the problem is.

deepbrown

needlesmcgirk said:
So funny that you guys are bitching so bad about Sony hating Europe. They didn't put it on the Euro PSN store for a reason, so you expect to be able to create a fake account, which Sony does not want you to do, and download it from another region and are pissed that it doesn't work? Seriously, just wait until they want you to have it.
What a retard.

calder

It started fast, then slowed right down. Just at 50% now. :| When I started it it took about 3 seconds to go up 1MB but for after it slowed down it was over 20 seconds for 1MB. It's picked up a bit, but still only half as fast as it started. Ah well.

What sucks is that the only thing I'd like to be doing while waiting is playing COD4 online. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
sprocket said:
lol why make a thread until you actually play the game?

It must be true. gamers have come to having more fun waiting in line than actually playing.

Teh community aspect of PSN makes it so much better.

grouphug.gif

Goldrusher

gofreak said:
:| Better work on my Japanese system! You'd think it would fail a little more gracefully if it was a region-locking issue...and that seems bizaare given that Sony doesn't region lock any of their games (and in fact, none are on PS3).

:(

Black screen !

I get the PlayStation 3 logo/tune, then nothing....black screen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
commish said:
I wouldn't consider HS a flop, seeing as how, hour for hour, I enjoyed that game as much as any this gen.

a flop doesn't mean the game was bad... it means it sold bad, reviews were mixed and it sold pretty lousy. I think this game has far more chance to go mainstream, if it's not AAA than we still don't have one on ps3 yet :(

Evlar

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:
If they didn't want other territories downloading the demo then a simple IP block could have sufficed, instead of waiting to download 1.2Gb (and installing it). If it is deliberate of course.
I can't imagine the bitching we'd be hearing if Sony IP-blocked Europe from downloading the demo.

besada

Banned
Okay, so the shooting feels like Saint's Row to me, which is good. Precise targeting works well. Enemy damage animations looked a little canned to me, but Nathan looks fabulous. AI is spotty. I've held back a couple of times to see if they'll come at me and try to flank, but I haven't seen anything like that so far.

The game is beautiful and sounds gorgeous. I can hear the birds in the distance even while I'm busting caps on the pirates. I seem to run out of ammo pretty quickly which has caused me to need to run into a firefight empty-handed, beat the snot out of some guy and take his weapon. The combat animations look good, but there's still a sense that they aren't actually touching each other.

When you do nothing, Nathan hunkers down in a squat, looking bored. The water is very nice, although it doesn't seem to flow around Nathan, but he does get wet, which is cool. No problems with the platforming bits at all.

Edit: The screen turns gray as you take damage so by the time you're dead it's all in a fuzzy black and white.

deepbrown

Loudninja said:
Yeah right, than you will not be able to paly the full version , what good what that do?Think about it.:lol
I no longer care. I don't want to play it anymore.

wowfactor said:
Life is not fair, get used to it. Just kidding, how hard is it to make an US account?

Wow the graphix are so good. I'm loving it.

How do you switch the weapons?
I have a fooking US account, it's region locked monkey boy!

wowfactor

Banned
deepbrown said:

Life is not fair, get used to it. Just kidding, how hard is it to make an US account?

Wow the graphix are so good. I'm loving it.

How do you switch the weapons?

Raist

Banned
shagg_187 said:
STOP WHINING PEOPLE!

It takes 5 minute to create a NA account!

AND ITS FREE!

HERE! LET ME HELP U!

Name: John Doe
Password: Crybabies4eva
Address: 40 Port Street
City: Toronto
Postal Code: L5G1B8

THATS IT!

Download the demo and delete the account!

Jesus Christ.. some people need reasons to whine!

So much for the stealth edit huh ? :p

Raist said:
So much for the stealth edit huh ? :p

Yea :( I wanted to fuck around but i failed :/

Started reading the thread from beginning before the OP was edited. Read that changing language to english fixes it. Then read people whining that they don't wanna create an account. Before reaching the end i decided to post and say "STOP WHINING" in Arnold's accent... Thats when i realized OP is edited.... HUH HUH HUH! :p

Top Bottom