• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Oneself said:
Fucking crap, I can't even log on the store. What the fuck is this.

Across the board, both MS and Sony, it's astonishing that they haven't figured out that whatever they expect traffic to be, IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE MORE, YOU CLODS. Plan appropriately.

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
Wouldn't the fact that it was only released on the N.A. store and only announced as a N.A. update been enough of an indicator? It's not like they released a non-functioning demo onto the Euro store...

Seriously though, it probably wasn't done on purpose. I bet they didn't test the N.A. demo on anything but a N.A. machine. That's SCEE's job.

I know it wasn't done on purpose & it being on the N.A. store only is a good indication, but someone at Sony or Naughty Dog could have said something? The frustration that some people are feeling right now (deep) could have been avoided by one simple sentence in all the news & interviews we've seen in the last few weeks. Just seems kinda stupid to me, that no one ever thought to let the public know.

deepbrown

Loudninja said:
Like I keep saying yeah right dude,its a fucking demo.
DOn't be a fanboy. SOny suck.

Firewire said:
I know it wasn't done on purpose & it being on the N.A. store only is a good indication, but someone at Sony or Naughty Dog could have said something? The frustration that some people are feeling right now (deep) could have been avoided by one simple sentence in all the news & interviews we've seen in the last few weeks. Just seems kinda stupid to me, that no one ever thought to let the public know.
I'll just look forward to my review copy in the post sometime next week

Even Insomniac talked about being able to download Ratchet in any region from the US store and explained the problem with Japanese consoles.

What if you have a PAL console in the US? AYE!!!!?????

Goldrusher

So American consoles only. Interesting...

Probably works with different cut scenes for each region...and European/Australiand and Japanese consoles can't find them in the American demo.

G-Bus

Banned
msdstc said:
a flop doesn't mean the game was bad... it means it sold bad, reviews were mixed and it sold pretty lousy. I think this game has far more chance to go mainstream, if it's not AAA than we still don't have one on ps3 yet :(

Is that your opinion or do you just fallow that of the media?

R&C and Resistance are both AAA IMO. Love them to death.

On topic. SIGH, 30%. seriously, you PAL users just knock it off already. don't make me throw a barrel lama at you.

Okay. I thought the animations were stiff. They had a real plastic look to them. I do not know how to describe it technically but the game's character models do feel and look stiff.

The dialogue is great, so is the voice acting. Music is definitely a strength and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Now to the gameplay. Shooting is rather difficult in my opinion, and enemies seem to be bullet resistant. I'm not sure. The "devastating" combo is weak and it almost reminds me of trying to pull off a raging demon. It seems the button needs good timing for it to come off or it's just hook hook.

The game is polished though and I suppose it will be an A or even AA title, but I cannot see how this will be considered AAA.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
besada said:
When you do nothing, Nathan hunkers down in a squat, looking bored. The water is very nice, although it doesn't seem to flow around Nathan, but he does get wet, which is cool. No problems with the platforming bits at all.
Strange, I've seen water clearly flowing around him in many videos lately. Did you try that move that has you jumping on enemy's back and snapping his neck? I think they have to be turned away from you for that move to trigger.

Jeseus

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

663o6cx.gif

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Haha just played and beat it. It's pretty mediocre (IMO). The controls are super-floaty, and when you jump it's really unnatural and slow. The animation transitions are awful, which is weird because I thought that was supposed to be the game's big innovation. The shooting gameplay sucks, but I guess if you like Tomb Raider and stuff you'll like it. Graphics are unspectacular... The character looks good, but the environment is pretty underwhelming, just a bunch of slimy green blocks.

I'm really glad they released this demo--I was going to buy this game before I played it. Now I know that I'm 100% uninterested.

Tieno

Wow, played some Zelda, checked GAF to see if the demo was up and see it's region locked so Eurotrash can't play it. What a fucking letdown and so stupid. thankfully I checked and didn't waste any bandwidth.

Regionlocking demos needs to stop, I do not approve of this trend. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

deepbrown

BIG BUBBA said:
Haha just played and beat it. It's pretty mediocre (IMO). The controls are super-floaty, and when you jump it's really unnatural and slow. The animation transitions are awful, which is weird because I thought that was supposed to be the game's big innovation. The shooting gameplay sucks, but I guess if you like Tomb Raider and stuff you'll like it. Graphics are unspectacular... The character looks good, but the environment is pretty underwhelming, just a bunch of slimy green blocks.

I'm really glad they released this demo--I was going to buy this game before I played it. Now I know that I'm 100% uninterested.
There are no animation transitions. I suggest you sell your ps3 as well.

Greg

BIG BUBBA said:

Thanks for the impressions - looks like I'm just going to cancel my download.

Ah well, there is always Jak 4...

Erebus

Has anyone with a PAL PS3 managed to run this f*cking demo??! I'm about to cancel the downloading.

For another time, F*CK YOU SONY if you region locked this indeed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BIG BUBBA said:

jeez... this is awful :(

Loudninja

BIG BUBBA said:

So tell me, what TV are you playing on? a 5 inch?

FrankT

BIG BUBBA said:

Ah, breaking my heart. (Just ordered a PS3 and Drake's was one of the reasons I was trying to put faith back in Sony) Not helping.

sk3tch

BIG BUBBA said:

Uh oh, prepare to be flamed for being "teh BIASED"! You hate PS3 confirmed! :lol

Dante

BIG BUBBA said:

Can you post your Amazon cancelled pre-order like you did for R&C (3 times)e i just don't beleive you.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
I'm sure a lot of you guys will rave about it, but I don't know. I didn't feel like I was really controlling him, it's hard to explain. The shooting does nothing for me, but I don't like shooting games.

greenry

Dante said:
More impressions :D

The whole product is just top notch. Graphics, animations, voice acting, gunplay, platforming it's all there.
at least in the demo

One thing that I wish it had though was some iteration of Gears of War's cover system. The way the level is designed and how the bad guys come at you it is setup so well for such a thing, you know fluidly moving from cover to cover.

BigBoss

BIG BUBBA said:

I just checked your post history...perhaps you should just stick with the Wii threads.

Loudninja

BIG BUBBA said:
I'm sure a lot of you guys will rave about it, but I don't know. I didn't feel like I was really controlling him, it's hard to explain. The shooting does nothing for me, but I don't like shooting games.

Than why even try it, thats the problem right there

Kittonwy

Banned
dfyb said:
just beat the demo. was harder than expected (played on normal). was awesome. wish i understood the melee combat better -- you can't just do whatever you want or the enemy will counter you, you gotta stick to combos (the one the demo gives you is square, triangle, square). game is beautiful, ran great, and was much fun. platforming controls are awesome, sixaxis grenade stuff works great.

no real complaints. some of the trees looked plastic and fake, but i'm not sure if that's because this is from an older build or whatever. not a big deal - overall game is gorgeous.

YES!!! Me go download it when I get home from work... or should I go pick up COD4 PS3 first rawr? :3

dfyb

Banned
i sorta wish the hard difficulty was harder than it was. is there going to be an even harder difficulty in the final game or is easy/normal/hard the only difficulties?

mr_nothin

Banned
BIG BUBBA said:
You don't like shooting games?

...........You must be one of those stupid sports ppl. :/

Isn't this just like the beginning of the game?
lol, people need to calm down some

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
BIG BUBBA said:

I can kind of see that from the videos, but I was hoping it was just a problem in older builds, like when you tell him to climb a ledge, he would just all of a sudden float towards it.

justjohn

BIG BUBBA said:

hey guys check this out
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8196899&postcount=279

deepbrown

BIG BUBBA said:
Sell your fucking ps3 with me. Do it.

Dante

BigBoss said:
I just checked your post history...perhaps you should just stick with the Wii threads.

He's the guy who kept copy and pasting his cancelled R&C pre-order after he played that demo.

Pretty much him saying it sucks garuntees I'll like it :)

Kittonwy

Banned
BIG BUBBA said:

LMAO Whatsamatter no waggle?
bunny.gif

Duke Togo

BIG BUBBA said:

You certainly have a history of not liking games after playing demos. See: Ratchet & Clank

Top Bottom