• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Dragon

Banned
BIG BUBBA said:
I'm sure a lot of you guys will rave about it, but I don't know. I didn't feel like I was really controlling him, it's hard to explain. The shooting does nothing for me, but I don't like shooting games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8343748#post8343748

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8203037#post8203037

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8196899#post8196899

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8194988#post8194988

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
mr_nothin said:
You don't like shooting games?

...........You must be one of those stupid sports ppl. :/

whoa damn seriously that's a dickhead post right there, down fanboy! DOWN!

deepbrown said:
I'm officially selling my PS3.

No, I'm BURNING IT. And I'm robbing Sony's bank and stealing all their money and hoping they fail.

Plus I'm not very pleased with Naughty Dog. They ave said for 2 weeks the demo will be this week, but not once did they say it's only on the US store, and neither did they say it's fucking region locked.

My money stays in my pocket.

6ped2sn.jpg

deepbrown said:
I no longer care. I don't want to play it anymore.

7xbmlvn.jpg

Goldrusher

DarkUSS said:
For another time, F*CK YOU SONY if you region locked this indeed.

It's not region-locked, it can't find something...

That could be a unique (for each region) menu, or a cut scene or intro movie.

It's definitely not region locked. You would get a message as soon as you click in in the XMB if it was.

GeoramA

BIG BUBBA said:
I'm sure a lot of you guys will rave about it, but I don't know. I didn't feel like I was really controlling him, it's hard to explain. The shooting does nothing for me, but I don't like shooting games.
Didn't you hate the Ratchet demo as well? Just sell your PS3.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Loudninja said:
Than why even try it, thats the problem right there

I was hoping it had more of an emphasis on platforming, so I gave it a shot. A lot of people will like the game--don't get me wrong--I'm just not one of them.

I also didn't care for how bad guys would just "appear" when you reached certain areas. Like in that spot before you cross the log... I would've preferred being able to knock them out from a distance and then carry on, but instead I had to deal with the whole hiding-behind-a-conveniently-placed-slab-of-stone thing.

deepbrown

msdstc said:
I can kind of see that from the videos, but I was hoping it was just a problem in older builds, like when you tell him to climb a ledge, he would just all of a sudden float towards it.
THAT's Old. And by my kind friends who have played a preview build, or demo (you ccccc....ts) he no longer floats up steps. I don't kwno why you're listening to anything he says. Remember Anastacio's post? It's is VERY relevant in this case.

spwolf

msdstc said:
I can kind of see that from the videos, but I was hoping it was just a problem in older builds, like when you tell him to climb a ledge, he would just all of a sudden float towards it.

great minds think alike

DrXym

WTF, "please insert disc". Great demo. My guess is it's en-US localized and not at all happy if it's not running in that locale

Dragon

Banned
sk3tch said:
...Annnnd here it comes. Attacking BIG BUBBA for posting his opinion on the game. :lol

Not attacking him so much as pointing out that his post history should tell you not to take anything he types seriously.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BIG BUBBA said:
I was hoping it had more of an emphasis on platforming, so I gave it a shot. A lot of people will like the game--don't get me wrong--I'm just not one of them.

I also didn't care for how bad guys would just "appear" when you reached certain areas. Like in that spot before you cross the log... I would've preferred being able to knock them out from a distance and then carry on, but instead I had to deal with the whole hiding-behind-a-conveniently-placed-slab-of-stone thing.
Did you enjoy Gears of War?

Raist

Banned
BIG BUBBA said:
Haha just played and beat it. It's pretty mediocre (IMO). The controls are super-floaty, and when you jump it's really unnatural and slow. The animation transitions are awful, which is weird because I thought that was supposed to be the game's big innovation. The shooting gameplay sucks, but I guess if you like Tomb Raider and stuff you'll like it. Graphics are unspectacular... The character looks good, but the environment is pretty underwhelming, just a bunch of slimy green blocks.

I'm really glad they released this demo--I was going to buy this game before I played it. Now I know that I'm 100% uninterested.

You should try a lil bit harder, mate. You trolls are not subtle enough, it's too easy to see that you're a joke character.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Goldrusher said:
It's not region-locked, it can't find something...

That could be a unique (for each region) menu, or a cut scene or intro movie.

It's definitely not region locked. You would get a message as soon as you click in in the XMB if it was.

Wow, a voice of reason. Who would've thought!

BIG BUBBA

dark10x said:
Did you enjoy Gears of War?

I didn't play it because I thought that I wouldn't like it.

I pretty much only enjoy platforming games, so I guess shooter fans should disregard my comments about the gameplay.

I still think the controls are floaty, especially jumping.. Sometimes you just hover onto a platform in front of you when you jump.

edit: I admit my first post in this thread was a little bit hyperbolic. Still, I'm definitely unimpressed. That doesn't mean you will be, though.

mr_nothin

Banned
msdstc said:
whoa damn seriously that's a dickhead post right there, down fanboy! DOWN!
It was just a fun post......
There's just some people that stick to sports games.
Some stick to just madden every year.

But if he doesnt like shooting games....why get so excited by shooting games?

Synless

sk3tch said:
...Annnnd here it comes. Attacking BIG BUBBA for posting his opinion on the game. :lol
Why not attack him, anyone who says the graphics arean't impressive must be blind. It's easily one of the best looking games IF not the best looking game this year.

Mesijs

I just beated the game. It took me around 9 hours on hard difficulty.

Great overall. I can't say too much about the story as I would spoil things. But it's well worked-out and surprising, with very good characters and great voice-acting and motion-capturing during the whole game.

The combat does get quite intense and sometimes you got a lot of different enemies and a lot of different options to take them down. The game really shines at these moments. The combat is really, really good.

Story is great also, and there are quite some platforming elements. Also vehicle parts, a few puzzles and more.

I just couldn't stop playing, I wanted to go on and on and only shut down my PS3 after the game was done. A very high quality game.

My only small complaint is that the combat sometimes gets a little bit too repetitive.

antiloop

BIG BUBBA said:
Haha just played and beat it. It's pretty mediocre (IMO). The controls are super-floaty, and when you jump it's really unnatural and slow. The animation transitions are awful, which is weird because I thought that was supposed to be the game's big innovation. The shooting gameplay sucks, but I guess if you like Tomb Raider and stuff you'll like it. Graphics are unspectacular... The character looks good, but the environment is pretty underwhelming, just a bunch of slimy green blocks.

I'm really glad they released this demo--I was going to buy this game before I played it. Now I know that I'm 100% uninterested.

I will wait for some mature impressions.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BIG BUBBA said:

I pretty much only enjoy platforming games, so I guess shooter fans should disregard my comments about the gameplay.

I still think the controls are floaty, especially jumping.. Sometimes you just hover onto a platform in front of you when you jump.

edit: I admit my first post in this thread was a little bit hyperbolic. Still, I'm definitely unimpressed. That doesn't mean you will be, though.
There ya go. No need to worry people.

I think you'd probably hate Gears of War then. Fortunately, it was my favorite game of 2006 and the fact that Drake seems to borrow so heavily from it is a positive thing for me.

BIG BUBBA

Synless said:
Why not attack him, anyone who says the graphics arean't impressive must be blind. It's easily one of the best looking games IF not the best looking game this year.

The character models look great, I just don't think the environments are too amazing. Heavenly Sword is more impressive.

Amir0x

Banned
BIG BUBBA said:

you only enjoy platform games?

why the bloody hell do you own a PS3? To be able to come into these threads and say "I was interested in this game before, I even pre-ordered it... even though I claim to only like platformers. But now, after playing this game I pre-ordered that wasn't a platformer, I realized I didn't like it by some fascinating surprise!"

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Synless said:

he does have a right to opinion on the game. I do agree with you here though the graphics are beyond anything I've ever seen from looking at videos, it's at 90% now and soon I can judge from playing.

sprocket

Banned
My eyes will never shut again! This game is BEAUTIFUL! wait is there a more powerful word?

stupendihypergorgioufull!

I thought coming off of COD4 that it would effect the awe factor this game might have. I was dead wrong.

Would talk about the awesome gamplay but I got to get back to playing! maybe a little later!

Top Bottom