• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Zaphod

I finally got in, no thanks to Lefty42o turning off his ticker. The screen was all white and the icons were on one side in the store. I had to guess which icon was uncharted. I gabbed the green one and the downloading has commenced. In a few hours I will be enjoying this fine demo.

dante786

Banned
Im fuckin miserable over here....hours I haven't been able to connect to the PS Store, PLZZZ someone give me a fix, or the demo...by magic. I need to be playing this.

EDIT: Soooo someone here does have magical powers...because as soon as I made this post I was able to sign on and am currently downloading. 0 percent though...god this will be a long while.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
sooo hard... you can't stand still to recover too long or you're done, I can only imagine what it's like on hard mode.

Lefty42o said:
ok still playing it but here are my early impressions.

game runs in 720p. don't know how another poster got it to run in 1080p. will look into that after this play through.

so far not really into this game. the character is floaty. anyone saying otherwise is just glossing over it.

the camera is alright but a pain at times.

graphics are alright. not all that amazing. best part was obviously the clothes getting wet but overall i have seen better in other games. there is also screen tearing specially when around water.

the game is solid so far but not all that amazing. i did not like the first cutscene. just came off as meh.

overall i feel like i did from the videos i watched. i think the lack of quality games on the ps3 have lead alot of people to be all into this game when in reality its a avg game.

heavnly sword blew me away when i first played the demo. this game does not. it will be a soldi title for those lookign to fill your library but it will not be a system seller or must have.

will finish this run thru of the demo and go thru it again to see if my feelings change but i am not sold.

ok thats my impressions so far. sorry if you don't agree.
YEah and GT5 doesn't look impressive either and sucks. Man GTFO with your "honest impressions", you just so happen to dislike every PS3 game.

Dot50Cal

Banned
_leech_ said:
Holy shit, your jeans get wet!

All your clothes do! AWESOME!

1.jpg

So, anyone else going (trying?) to go blackout on the demo? My willpower is strong! Or so I tell myself. I think if I'm already sold on a game (like this one) I'd like to avoid getting a sneak peak, tempting as it is. Like the Bioshock and Ratchet demos for example. Both games are great, but going through the first stage and having to wait for the retail release, then finally playing through it again dulled that initial 'wowfactor' a bit. I'd just assume play the game straight through these days.

spwolf said:
i loved it when granade went off behind the wall, and "my ears" were ringing from close detonation... Or when I shot the dude in the arm and his granade fell from his hands and blasted away 2 of them.

yeah, its the little details that matter.
I had the same thing happen on me, only I was shooting while hanging on the wall, best thing that happened to me in a game this gen, I felt like crying mantears.

Lefty42o

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
YEah and GT5 doesn't look impressive either and sucks. Man GTFO with your "honest impressions", you just so happen to dislike every PS3 game.

what? i gave a honest impression for a game i just spent the last hr downloading. love how you attack me casue i don't like the game when in my impressions i just said heavenly sword demo blew me away and i bought that game day 1. seems i liked that game just not this game.

next where did the gt5 thing come from?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
So, anyone else going (trying?) to go blackout on the demo? My willpower is strong!

The non-US-machines-bug is helping me here..if it's not patched in the next couple of days, I think I'll just leave it until the game is out.

spwolf said:
i loved it when granade went off behind the wall, and "my ears" were ringing from close detonation... Or when I shot the dude in the arm and his granade fell from his hands and blasted away 2 of them.

yeah, its the little details that matter.

Call of Duty 4 does that. It's a nice touch.

besada

Banned
Just finished watching Nathan's shirt dry. More than one step.

Also more bullet decals than I had ammo. At least 36.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Running up behind an enemy and then jumping on their back and snapping their back = FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN AWESOME.

This game comes out when?

Man, I could so buy a PS3 tomorrow.

I'm moving to Japan in January and can't bring it with me.

But still, new Naughty Dog.

Grrr.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
besada said:
Just finished watching Nathan's shirt dry. More than one step.

Also more bullet decals than I had ammo. At least 36.

lol, quite the thorough analysis!

I'm glad there's a decent wet-dry transition.

Raist

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

Grrr.

11/19

spwolf

Segata Sanshiro said:

Grrr.

Nov 19th... dont worry, contribute to sales age in japan for me :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nathan's little sayings are so endearing. "That's right," after shooting someone in the face :lol or "WHOA WOWOWOWOWOWO" when he sees a grenade pop up :lol

Gunplay feels ultra solid. Headshots take enemies down. 3-4 shots otherwise. You aren't 100% safe in cover. You have to keep moving. Enemies aggressively charge you. I'm getting grenades lobbed at me. Melee I don't have down yet. I can't execute the combo. Are you supposed to wait and then input the buttons or press it all at once?

KTallguy

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Melee I don't have down yet. I can't execute the combo. Are you supposed to wait and then input the buttons or press it all at once?

It seems pretty loose, I just enter square, triangle and mash on square, and it works every time.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Lefty42o said:
ok still playing it but here are my early impressions.

game runs in 720p. don't know how another poster got it to run in 1080p. will look into that after this play through.

so far not really into this game. the character is floaty. anyone saying otherwise is just glossing over it.

the camera is alright but a pain at times.

graphics are alright. not all that amazing. best part was obviously the clothes getting wet but overall i have seen better in other games. there is also screen tearing specially when around water.

the game is solid so far but not all that amazing. i did not like the first cutscene. just came off as meh.

overall i feel like i did from the videos i watched. i think the lack of quality games on the ps3 have lead alot of people to be all into this game when in reality its a avg game.

heavnly sword blew me away when i first played the demo. this game does not. it will be a soldi title for those lookign to fill your library but it will not be a system seller or must have.

will finish this run thru of the demo and go thru it again to see if my feelings change but i am not sold.

ok thats my impressions so far. sorry if you don't agree.

Earlier...

Lefty42o said:
i love my 360
that is all

FirewalkR

*Goes to dinner before update*

*Some shopping too, shit, can't wait to get home for Uncharted demo*

*Gets home, has trouble getting online on ps3*

*While trying to get online, reads about "region-lock"*

*faints*

*wakes up and cries*

*suceeds on getting online, starts download anyway, while sobbing*

*watches download progressing, with vain hope*

SHIT!

:(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
FirewalkR said:
*watches download progressing, with vain hope*

SHIT!

:(

Know the feeling. Couldn't believe it until I saw it myself :|

My PS3 has plenty to keep it busy over this weekend, with CoD4, Lego and Ratchet..but I'd make time for this Sony. Promise. Fix, pls?

Lefty42o said:
what? i gave a honest impression for a game i just spent the last hr downloading. love how you attack me casue i don't like the game when in my impressions i just said heavenly sword demo blew me away and i bought that game day 1. seems i liked that game just not this game.

next where did the gt5 thing come from?
Just so happens that you aren't impessed by the best looking games released so far this gen. And then you go into PGR4 photo thread and post suspicious comments on there. Just because you pick some games that aren't as popular (like HS), to try to seem objective doesn't mean it works.

besada

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I can't execute the combo. Are you supposed to wait and then input the buttons or press it all at once?

It's sort of a slow input process. Sometimes they block it though, which pushes you off balance. I wish there were more melee as trying to melee in a hail of gunfire is a pain. Less guys with guns would be fun. Hopefully there will be plenty in the final, because it looks and feels great.

Oka, so I want someone to check me on this, as I'm apparently having a different feel for the AI, which isn't that impressive to me. Maybe it's because I play a ton of shooters, I don't know. But as I type, I have been standing behind the rock in front of where you have your first fire fight, at the tree crossing. The same guy has been firing at me for more than ten minutes, but hasn't tried to climb down and get me. He also hasn't thrown any grenades. He has emptied about twenty clips into the rock at this point, though. I've also never seen the guys on the lower level try to cross over the tree.

So far I've found the AI to be fairly old school predictable. Lob a grenade, fire, change vantage point once in awhile, and follow you through the door to death.

Top Bottom