• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Mmmkay

Wow, looks like there's some decent texture filtering going on there, finally! Now if only I wasn't some second class PSN citizen...

antiloop

Dot50Cal said:

For me this is the best looking game I have seen so far. Most pleasing to the eyes too. The IQ is so clear.

Oh well.. Crysis too.

oh and..

Best hair.

and lately

Assassin's Creed is climbing. Looks amazing IMO

Lefty42o said:
:lol

i have never been to the pgr4 thread. maybe you mistook me for some one else.

next best looking agme this gen nope don't think so. that would def be a tie between gears of war and heavenly sword.

it makes you look real bad when you flame some one for someone esles posts.
Good thing we have high res pics above your post showing how much of a blind nutty you are.

That was great. I think it's nailed the third person cover system that I've been waiting for since Kill.Switch.

You feel like you're in control of your character. He's fast, nimble, agile, all that. I never feel like I'm restricted because he can zip around cover areas with the greatest of ease.

Gunplay was surprisingly good. This was the only part of the game I was worried about, but it feels great. Enemies aren't dumb as rocks either. They actually spread out and try to flank you and stuff. One thing I would have liked is a precise aiming mode, like aiming down my iron sites or something.

One cool thing that happened during play: Near the end I decided to melee a dude who was by himself, so I ran towards him. Just as I did he turned around to run for cover, but I hit Square and leaped toward him, jumping on his back. I subsequently snapped his neck :O

Thanks to this demo, I've decided to have Uncharted be my next Gamefly rental instead of Assassin's Creed.

I thought I'd be happy about this demo but now it's just made the wait feel about a billion times longer.

I dunno how I'm gonna juggle this and Mass Effect on the same day.

Lefty42o

Banned

Lefty42o

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
Good thing we have high res pics above your post showing how much of a blind nutty you are.

once again this is my impressions. not yous. i do beleive its my money that bought the ps3 and any software i own for it.

wow gaf is nuts

KTallguy

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
GEOS. Placed in Tochigi, Tochigi.

Before you warn me, even if they go kaboom, I'll be fine. My profession is such that money is quite good. I'm doing this to get a holiday from it.

That's not too far from Tokyo (but not close either)! I've toured Nikko before. It's definitely worth seeing in Autumn, but I guess you'll be a little late.

I miss Japan a lot.

Oh, and back on topic, Uncharted is fun. Can't wait to sit down with it some more.

jett

D-Member
Uncharted :OOOO

Some of the off-screen shots posted are pretty incredible. I think I may be buying a PS3 this holiday for Texturezilla and Jade's Ass Creed.

JB1981

jett said:
Uncharted :OOOO

Some of the off-screen shots posted are pretty incredible. I think I may be buying a PS3 this holiday for Texturezilla and Jade's Ass Creed.
dooo iit.

someone chat with me in the white room - it's awesome

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lefty42o said:
:lol

i have never been to the pgr4 thread. maybe you mistook me for some one else.

next best looking agme this gen nope don't think so. that would def be a tie between gears of war and heavenly sword.

it makes you look real bad when you flame some one for someone esles posts.

sorry this destroys heavenly sword.

fistfulofmetal said:
Those screens look terrible compared to what I was looking at on my screen.
Some of them are grand, but seriously once you into the game, there's no time to grasp the graphics, the things that happn are just so awesome. Getting on the wall, shooting guy in the hand while stil hanging on it, he drops the grenade, two folks die, one that survived seems distracted, you jump down, shoot him in the leg, run up and perform a beautiful drop kick on his face, only to stand on his body a second later. I'd say it tops chainsawing locusts.

RobertM

Does Drake auto aim when you close to an enemy? It seemed like I killed people, but didn't do a thorough test. The game is gorgeous, very nice textures and bump mapping, Drake's clothes get wet when you roll in the water(great touch). animations don't feel wonky or that it's hard to control the character, shooting is great and does feel responsive (someone asked about that before), you can't just run and gun so that's good, platforming elements are great and things don't stick out like in action based Tomb Raider (i.e. Legends Anniversary which I hate) which is a plus, melee attacks are interesting and still need to figure out how those work cause I don't know which buttons work besides square and triangle (I once jumped on the guys back and chocked him), there is blood gooey looking one even though it's a teen game.

I would give the demo a 9.2. Final game would get a higher score since I don't really know the whole story, diversity of the environments, puzzles, music (since there was a lack of it in the demo), and the variety of weapons.

Lefty42o

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
Just so happens that you aren't impessed by the best looking games released so far this gen. And then you go into PGR4 photo thread and post suspicious comments on there. Just because you pick some games that aren't as popular (like HS), to try to seem objective doesn't mean it works.

i am sorry if me not liking a game makes me less of a ps3 owner. this is what is wrong with this gen. people need to relax. here is my post from the heavenly sword thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7831527&postcount=1358

over all very solid game. i felt good actually having a game to play in my ps3. i am mainly a 360 guy but been dying for some ps3 love. uncompressed pcm man heavenly sword sounds fuckling amazing. ps3 need mopre games like this. i give it a buy and say go get it. i hope they fix some issues for heavenly sword 2. maybe befor halo 3 comes out i will takcle hell mode.

once again a honest review after i beat the full game. bought it day one. sorry if my impressions are not as good as you wnated.

uncharted is a solid game. the platforming parts are the best. graphics are ok. overall i got a meh from playing the demo. those are my impressions. but anyone who owns a ps3 and can't like a game or own another console must be some homer. right

golem

Graphics... pretty damn good. The shadowing and art is great, as the setting, and Drake's character model is great, love all the small details, wrinkles on the clothes, getting wet. The environment is pretty decent-- of course it doesnt compare to Crysis but its a good effort for consoles. Explosions are weak... well boring looking mostly. Not sure why it tears when water is on the screen too. Fix that please.

Gameplay... yeah, alot from Gears with the whole cover system, which is fine because it works really well. Cool touches like grenades blowing up some cover... the range of stickiness with cover feels shorter than Gears. Not too good with melee as of yet, just give me a chainsaw! The platforming is fairly basic in the demo. Dropped ammo is hard to see/small radius on picking them up, making you rely more on getting good shots in, but at least the pistol is fairly useful. AI seems weak.

Animation... yes a bit floaty, but great effort overall. really smooth!

Definitely day 1 if mass effect wasnt coming out at the same time. gotta have my friends at SCEA grab me a copy :)

Lefty42o

Banned
JB1981 said:
what about the load times, though? they sucked pretty bad, ya gotta admit
my main complaint with heavnly sword was the ending battle should have been more epic and the button presses if you missed extened out boss battles way to long.

th load times in r:fom pissed me off more

GremlinInTheMachine said:
And some claimed I was trolling when I predicted this would be a dud. :lol

6p4g1uf.jpg

Lefty42o said:
and thats your opinion.

i liked heavenly sword more. see thats my opinion.
No, there's no opinon in here when you involve the "this shows that PS3 is superior to......". HEavenly Sword does some amazing things, and has a grand scale, Uncarted is different, a bit smaller. It has much highr res textures (highest we've seen in a console game so far), more polygons on characters (like way more), wrinkle mapping, procedural animation system, dynamic shadows on absolutely everything.

That's the technical side of things, that's where Uncharted smokes everything else, HS isn't really comparable, because of it's scale.

Just because you picked one PS3 game that you decided to hype so you don't seem biased won't make you look objective.

Top Bottom