• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Mmmkay

TTP said:
He probably means a dud... for us Europeans :(
;_;

This had better not be a recurrent problem for the retail release.

The fact that SCEA are have no requirement to QA for PAL systems says this is entirely possible to occur, but fuck... on such a high profile title? Lunacy.

Lefty42o

Banned
and to state once again i believe in my impressions i said Uncharted was a solid game. just not my cup of tea.

everyone understand.

once again sorry if i do not like the game. i enjoyed the platforming parts but the combat and such i did not like.

herod

Lefty42o said:
and to state once again i believe in my impressions i said Uncharted was a solid game. just not my cup of tea.

everyone understand.

once again sorry if i do not like the game. i enjoyed the platforming parts but the combat and such i did not like.

please stop posting the same thing over and over.

Lefty42o

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
No, there's no opinon in here when you involve the "this shows that PS3 is superior to......". HEavenly Sword does some amazing things, and has a grand scale, Uncarted is different, a bit smaller. It has much highr res textures (highest we've seen in a console game so far), more polygons on characters (like way more), wrinkle mapping, procedural animation system, dynamic shadows on absolutely everything.

That's the technical side of things, that's where Uncharted smokes everything else, HS isn't really comparable, because of it's scale.

Just because you picked one PS3 game that you decided to hype so you don't seem biased won't make you look objective.

what?

cam in here to give my impressions of the demo. i think first you assumed iw as some one else and i defended myself by explaining how blown away i was by heavenly sword.

your reaction would be diff if i was as blown away as you are. thats the problem. not everyone will like every game. thats reality. wake up and relax.

Lefty42o

Banned
herod said:
please stop posting the same thing over and over.

than tell people to relax. i am one guy giving my impressions of the demo.

i come back from playign it again and i am bashed, my post history all over the thread yada yada yada.

bout to start it up again on the hardest setting. have fun bashing me

GremlinInTheMachine said:
And some claimed I was trolling when I predicted this would be a dud. :lol

764bigtowle.jpg

FirewalkR

Ynos Yrros said:
It has much highr res textures (highest we've seen in a console game so far)

Oh yes. Ooooooh YES. I love Naughty GOD so much right now. You too Ynos!! :D

Even though I'm a desperate PAL (l)user still believing that, yes, the demo is gonna work for me. JUST FOR ME!!!! :(

Kittonwy

Banned
WOW, the game looks beautiful, and hell hard is HARD, the enemies are hard to kill, they're so dodgy, if they're any smarter hard would be impossible.
Indifferent2.gif

besada

Banned
After seven play throughs I think I'm comfortable saying that the cover system is better than Gears. Easier to move while covered, easier to peel away from cover, and most importantly, easier to hop from cover to cover.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'll have a video up on Divx Stage 6 in a little while, but it will be around an hour or two. 15 minutes, all through the demo (so you get to see me die once! :lol ) I really hate it when the pirates swarm in closer on you, You're pretty much screwed when that happens. They act well as a team.

Flek

Banned
FirewalkR said:
Even though I'm a desperate PAL (l)user still believing that, yes, the demo is gonna work for me. JUST FOR ME!!!! :(

i will download the demo from the german store next week - problem sol.....ohh wait :/

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
besada said:
After seven play throughs I think I'm comfortable saying that the cover system is better than Gears. Easier to move while covered, easier to peel away from cover, and most importantly, easier to hop from cover to cover.

Good to know. I had very little trouble with Gears cover system so an improvement is HEAVEN.

golem

actually i thought the textures were one of the weaker points of the graphics... nice detail maps though (or whatever its called)

Dante

Mines doen downloading, just gotta wait for work to be over :(
My main cpmplaint was Gears was I felt sometimes I locked intoo cover when I didn't want and felt very imobile, Does Uncharted suffer from that as well?

mintylurb

Guys, there's a reason why Lefty42o is a junior. So, just go enjoy the demo instead of engaging in some fruitless arguments with him.

jet1911

Graphics - Holy cow! :O
Animations - The transition from one animation to another is kinda meh but overall it's pretty good.
Shooting - It's GoW but it's done better in Gears. Also I hate not having enough ammo. The feel of the guns is good.
Platforming - Generic Tomb Raider stuff. Not awesome but not bad either.
Music - Wooooooohooooooooooo!!!

I was unsure about which game to buy (Unchartyed or ME), looks like I'll go with Mass Effect and buy Uncharted later.

Wollan

So guys, the music is pretty good yeah? I absolutely loved the guitar riffs and such I heard in earlier videos. I haven't been a fan of the music in earlier ND games but bringing in this Firefly guy sounds like an excellent decision.

G-Bus

Banned
Well, just finished going threw the demo a couple times. It's pretty much everything i expected it to be. Amazing.

Love the animation in this game. Theres no pausing or what ever you want to call it in between actions, everything is very fluid and you keep your momentum, or at least thats the way it feels to me. Got up to the first gate, shot the lock off first try!

Wet drake is a sexy drake.

3 shots to the chest seems to take them down rather well. Head shot drops them instantly. Going in and out of cover, diving, rolling. Very nice. Shooting from cover is fluid and works well. I died at least 5 times during the second encounter. Grenades being tossed everywhere, barrels exploding, pirates trying to flank me, others trying to keep me distracted.

The hand to hand combat is hard. It takes a certain rhythm to get things going. Something of which i don't have and only got in 1 good combo on a lucky guy. Good ol elbow to the face. Fucking awesome when it works. Most of the time i was just trading punch for punch, and if i was lucky i would make it out alive. I shot this one dude a couple times in the leg, ran up to him, slid on my side and kicked him in the balls. :lol

Easily my favorite game on the PS3 thus far.

Kittonwy

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Wow, looks like there's some decent texture filtering going on there, finally! Now if only I wasn't some second class PSN citizen...

You know how in some game you can rotate the camera and get really close to a texture that it would look low res when the texture is on the left and right side? In Uncharted's case the game blurs it out so it doesn't happen. The closest you get to a texture it still looks awesome.

FirewalkR said:
Oh yes. Ooooooh YES. I love Naughty GOD so much right now. You too Ynos!! :D

No luck on PAL machines sir, lucky for me my friend has an import. The game is absolutely Godly for me.

Oh and lefty, stop trying to defend your "impressions", what you said was basically: "the controls are floaty, everyone who says they aren't lies, the camera is a pain in the butt, graphics aren't amazing, the best part is getting wet, I've seen better, there is tearing, the cutscene was meh", so what was solid in the game?
I see in your impressions that you didn't really like anything at all. And even in your inital post you started the defense line "I like Heavenly Sword". Do you think we're special? Oh let me tell you, we can see through your cunning plan. You ain't no Dr. Evil.

besada

Banned
Wollan said:
So guys, the music is pretty good yeah? I absolutely loved the guitar riffs and such I heard in earlier videos. I haven't been a fan of the music in earlier ND games but bringing in this Firefly guy sounds like an excellent decision.

This Firefly guy? The incidental music is fantastic. Bamboo horns droning in the distance, bamboo flutes knocking out riffs, while soothing cello plays as a background. The music shifts based on the action, so hanging here on a ledge is quiet and soothing. When I leap over this parapet, the drums will kick in at which point I'll stop noticing because there are three guys with AK-47s on the other side.

Lefty42o

Banned
mintylurb said:
Guys, there's a reason why Lefty42o is a junior. So, just go enjoy the demo instead of engaging in some fruitless arguments with him.

i can't even remeber why i am now a junior but it had nothign do with me not liking a demo for a game.

i think it was when i was in the bungie split from microsoft thread. once again has nothing to do with how i felt about a game or system. i am not a system war whore or a fanboy and hate being treated as one.

i own all 3 console and a gameing pc. i was not blown away by this game. same for crysis. i am actually looking forward to ut3 for the ps3 after playing in the ut3 beta on the pc side.

once again sorry my opinion of a certain game allows me to be treated like some cancer. god forbid someone does not like a particular game. who would have thought that would ever happen

and this was not some argument. i stated my opinion on the demo and was flamed. whats the point of people asking for impressions than? thats the issue. people need to relax. i am one consumer. my money will go eslewhere. as i said ut3 is the next big ps3 game i am looking foward 2. i even said uncharted was a solid game just not my thing.

besada

Banned
G-Bus said:
The hand to hand combat is hard. It takes a certain rhythm to get things going.

You can totally spam the square button and beat the crap out of anyone. If you're near a surface you'll batter them against it. I just finished smashing some guy against a pillar three times then kicking him in the groin.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Uncharted has officially entered the Game of the Year race.

Can we all agree on that?

This game has far deeper and richer gameplay mechanics than GeoW did. So awesome.

Speevy

Banned
I started a fist fight with someone and then ended the fight doing something like Tom Cruise in the movie Collateral. You know the scene.

besada

Banned
Wollan said:
It's the same guy who made the music for the tv series apparantly.

+100 points for hiring good people. Everything I've heard so far sounded wonderful. FX, voices, incidental sounds, music, everything.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I have never seen this many people refer to tomb raider platforming so negatively before, honestly.

Well I'm a little disappointed in the demo. Framerate isn't as good as I was hoping for, and the shooting mechanics are pretty poor. You can't give Sony too much leeway considering the demo was finished the same day as the game went gold. I would have preferred a demo with a lot more platforming instead of the same demo they've been showing since GDC.

I have a feeling Sony will be rethinking their strategy of more first-party games instead of money-hatting. Exclusive Assassin's Creed and GTA4 would have put the PS3 far ahead of the competition IMO.

Top Bottom