• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Basch said:
Why would you need to state this in the first place? Many would prefer it just doesn't happen again. Ignoring it doesn't change things. People can be affected by it. They have the right to speak out. They want the game to succeed. Any false statements or misconceptions can hinder its performance. That is why people care. And I suggest you start respecting it. This is an experience many people care for and would like to share with others. People will always have their own interests. To state that other peoples interests are not realistically found is just not right.

Well for as long as you keep making a big deal out of it their views will continue to matter. As I said, people finally got annoyed wiht Game Pro enough that they're just ignored and people don't see them as a factor anymore.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
tanod said:
See the first page of the R&C thread. I was gonna do that one. Steve apparently didn't notice me calling dibs on that one either.
:( shame your threads are AFW. Steve quit it!

Basch

SolidSnakex said:
Well for as long as you keep making a big deal out of it their views will continue to matter. As I said, people finally got annoyed wiht Game Pro enough that they're just ignored and people don't see them as a factor anymore.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what you or I think about Gamespot or any other site. People know what to think for themselves. It becomes hard though when others care for any opinion that a site gives, even if it misinforms them. The biggest part is that they don't even know it. That is when people begin to comment and try to properly inform individuals in regards to the game. It is not their job though, it was the reviewer's. They care enough though to try to change this fact anyways, even by going out of their way to do it. If gaming sites accepted a little more responsibility, they could become a better source for information.

But, enough of this! Uncharted is what we want to hear more about. Let's talk about the good stuff. Like I said, though. Nathan and Elena are totally going to hook up! :D

DrXym

I couldn't give a damn if Gamespot, 1up or whoever score this game 7.5 or whatever. As long as that's the score it actually deserves. I trust reviews to be an honest appraisal of a game and if its suck then I want to actually know before I waste money buying it. Generally speaking though I'm more interested in consensus than one spurious review. So if GS is negative and the others are positive I know which review to discount. I'm hoping Uncharted does get a high score by consensus but I'm not going to wail if it doesn't - I'll just cancel my order and get something else.

Tieno

DrXym said:
I couldn't give a damn if Gamespot, 1up or whoever score this game 7.5 or whatever. As long as that's the score it actually deserves. I trust reviews to be an honest appraisal of a game and if its suck then I want to actually know before I waste money buying it. Generally speaking though I'm more interested in consensus than one spurious review. So if GS is negative and the others are positive I know which review to discount. I'm hoping Uncharted does get a high score by consensus but I'm not going to wail if it doesn't - I'll just cancel my order and get something else.
Usually I'm quite well in tune with my taste that I can judge that based on the media that gets released in the months leading up to the release of a game. Reviews don't really guide my purchasing habit anymore.

DrXym

Tieno said:
Usually I'm quite well in tune with my taste that I can judge that based on the media that gets released in the months leading up to the release of a game. Reviews don't really guide my purchasing habit anymore.

I don't trust hype or previews for games. Often the more hype a game gets the shittier it is. Doubly worrying is when reviews are embargoed until release date since it makes me wonder what the publishers are trying to hide. It's sometimes possible to read between the lines of previews but not always. I much prefer to wait and see a consensus of reviews before deciding whether to buy or not. That's my general rule of thumb.

The only time I buy a game on day 1 is where there are reviews up front to justify buying it. God of War 2 had loads of reviews weeks before release and easily justified a day 1 purchase.

I should say that in the case of Uncharted I've preordered since Play.com have a good deal on it, and the EU release is 2 weeks after the US. So I have plenty of time to read the reviews and cancel if it turns out to be a dud. I don't think it will be but I still have that option.

Pachimari

The fighting engine in Uncharted should never be in a fighting game, as it is not fast enough, and is very limited compared to the full-on fighters.

Fady K

Amir0x said:
i saw this too late but it's still not 2 weeks until release and i sorta promised Fady K he could do it

but... eh... i'm sure he'll understand. wish i would have caught it earlier though :p

Dont worry about it Ami :) Just wondering though, next time I make a thread it still has to be 2 weeks off or?

DrXym said:

I listened to some previews before, but that pretty much ended when some sites started saying "It's good but it's not 600 good". It's hard to take any sites seriously when all of a sudden a single game has to justify the purchase of an entire system which never was the case with any other system. In general it's not really difficult to pick which games are going ot be good anyway so reviews aren't really needed.

VonGak!

Banned
To break out of the boring "meh reviews" loop we have caught us self in:

Here's a repost of 3 IMO well played shooting segments of Uncharted.

Boat:
http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/vide...ted-Drakes-Fortune---Eerste-Tien-Minuten.html
(87,3 MB)

Fort:
http://www.gameinformer.com/images/~media/2007/uncharted/uncharted-1.flv
(8,42 MB)
http://www.gameinformer.com/images/~media/2007/uncharted/uncharted-2.flv
(7,75 MB)

I just love the real time chatter commenting on the action, the openness, the fighting and the bullet spraying. The game just looks so hectic to me.

Could someone please make gifs of the most hectic moments? ^.^

Rolf NB

Anastacio said:
The fighting engine in Uncharted should never be in a fighting game, as it is not fast enough, and is very limited compared to the full-on fighters.
If that is the case I will not pre-order Virtua Drake Evo. Thanks for the warning.

Ploid 3.0

Man I hated that "is it $600 good" stuff. SSX and Madden 2000 wasn'r $400+ good (not counting the tv, house, and electric bill.

Forsete

Ploid 3.0 said:
Man I hated that "is it $600 good" stuff. SSX and Madden 2000 wasn'r $400+ good (not counting the tv, house, and electric bill.

Like one game will ever motivate $XXX. :lol
I got my PS3 knowing it would get many awesome games from Konami, Sony, Square etc.

TEH-CJ

Banned
VonGak! said:

Boat:
http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/vide...ted-Drakes-Fortune---Eerste-Tien-Minuten.html
(87,3 MB)

Fort:
(8,42 MB)
(7,75 MB)

I just love the real time chatter commenting on the action, the openness, the fighting and the bullet spraying. The game just looks so hectic to me.

Amazing.

i also love how the pirates wave there arms and legs when they fly through the air after a well placed grenade.

JB1981

watching the first 10 minutes

:eek:

unreal

Not only does the gameplay look solid as hell, but I simply cannot get over the quality of the cutscenes. The animation, the dialog, the facial expressions - it's all so natural. Game really does bring videogame acting, drama and cutscene direction to whole new level.

Varth

Anastacio said:

Not that much of a problem, since in two hours of playing I punched maybe 2 guys. Maybe. As far as I could see, It's a very small part of the game. But anyway, you weren't serious. Were you?

VonGak! said:

Boat:
(87,3 MB)

Fort:
(8,42 MB)
(7,75 MB)

Oh My God @ that 1st video. Jesus! :D

Yoboman

"A man only interested in the climax, you must be a real hit with the ladies"

:lol

I love the dialogue, so natural and well written. Even the subtleties in the acting are done so well like when Nate was waiting for Sully to help him up into the plane and he was left hanging.

Amir0x

Banned
Fady K said:
Dont worry about it Ami :) Just wondering though, next time I make a thread it still has to be 2 weeks off or?

well... in the future, if you want to make a thread in advance of 2 weeks and you PM me about it, make it and post and it and I'll lock it until the appropriate time comes.

Wollan

Amir0x said:
well... in the future, if you want to make a thread in advance of 2 weeks and you PM me about it, make it and post and it and I'll lock it until the appropriate time comes.
Put down a pre-order on the Killzone 2 thread will ya. lulz

Yoboman

Insane Metal said:
Yeah she´s very hot :D :D :D

I hope there´s sex in this game. Go Nathan go :lol :D
bean1.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Where can I download the first 10 minutes?

and seriously guys...this thread is greasy.

Pharmacy

Banned
Guybrush Threepwood said:
Any idea as to the length of this game?

It reminds me of Gears of War (which I loved), but Gears of War was way too short.

12 hours with tons of unlockables and goodies

Kittonwy

Banned

It reminds me of Gears of War (which I loved), but Gears of War was way too short.

10-12 hours but there are a lot of treasures to be found and medals to be earned, and hard and crushing difficulty rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Loudninja

10-12 horus with a lot of unlockables such as

Unlockables:
slow-motion mode
Faster than normal mode
black and white mode
sepia-toned mode
Increase light bloom mode
remove all the texture maps mode
concept art
Making of videos
Constumes for Drake and his friends
Different caracters to play with such as Elena and Sullivan

and more

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Absolutely top notch. The first 10 minutes were amazing.

God, I want this game so bad right now. PS3 is a beast.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
you know, all reservations I had about this game were wiped away with those first ten minutes... Naughty Dog's reputation in this industry has now been firmly cemented into deity levels. un-freaking-real. The cinematic scenes there were second to none, and the action scenes were insanely cinematic while at the same time keeping you connected and giving you tons to do.

This is the PS3's Gears of War, and that is meant as nothing but the ultimate compliment. From the looks of it, this game IS $400 good.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
I knew this was a day 1 purchase since the first trailers. I've been on a media blackout for a few months but couldn't resist downloading the new PSN trailer. WOW. I can't remember the last time I watched a video game trailer with a huge smile...not to mention the uncontrollable giggling. Simply amazing.

VonGak! said:

Boat:
(87,3 MB)

Fort:
(8,42 MB)
(7,75 MB)

Great new video of the boat scene, this guy can actually aim unlike the last video clip. I'm really digging the sound effects in the pause menu too. This game has amazing music that really sets the tone for the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guess who's not going to download the demo next week :).

Top Bottom