• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Raist

Banned
Well, we've already all seen those first 10 minutes. Nothing new or spoilerish there :p

Anyway. Preordered. I just hope it'll ship faster than Ratchet :x

szaromir

Banned
Just watched the first 10 minutes video. Not sold on the gameplay, but the cutscenes are ridiculously great-looking and directed. Some clever dialogue lines also.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Arrgh I want to see that first ten minutes video - but I have to resist.

Y2Kev said:
and seriously guys...this thread is greasy.
I have to agree. That .gif and the thread title is... *cringe*

borghe said:
you know, all reservations I had about this game were wiped away with those first ten minutes... Naughty Dog's reputation in this industry has now been firmly cemented into deity levels. un-freaking-real. The cinematic scenes there were second to none, and the action scenes were insanely cinematic while at the same time keeping you connected and giving you tons to do.
Yeah, that was the kind of thing I was expecting from this game from the first moment I saw that early trailer. A modern day Indy game that would successfully merge great action and P&C games' clever writing, characters and incredible atmosphere.

Snah

Banned
OMG I watched the first 10 minutes.

This game truly is one of the first titles I've ever seen that can genuinely pass as a movie/game hybrid.

The cinematics are convincing, the voice acting and dialogue is awesome, funny, and witty. Holy shit it's like watching National Treasure or Indiana Jones....freaking amazing... :D :D :D

Gunplay looks better than gears and the game boasts of so many other gameplay elements (platforming, puzzles).

I don't care what the reviewers say, but this game will be a 10 in my book just based on watching footage of the game.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I refuse to watch any of the new vids man cause I think I there may be a few spoilers in there but from what I hear its good things.

tribal24

Banned
Snah said:
OMG I watched the first 10 minutes.

This game truly is one of the first titles I've ever seen that can genuinely pass as a movie/game hybrid.

The cinematics are convincing, the voice acting and dialogue is awesome, funny, and witty. Holy shit it's like watching National Treasure or Indiana Jones....freaking amazing... :D :D :D

Gunplay looks better than gears and the game boasts of so many other gameplay elements (platforming, puzzles).

I don't care what the reviewers say, but this game will be a 10 in my book just based on watching footage of the game.

movie/game hybrid goes to heavenly sword>.>

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
tribal24 said:
movie/game hybrid goes to heavenly sword>.>
I think heavenly sword has great acting as well but the story in Uncharted seems much more insteresting and the characters more natural and real that you can relate to. HS had wacky characters.

patsu

It is a matter of preference.

HS has incredible skin shaders, very sophisticated mo-capped animation (all the way to facials), and "over-acting" to deliver the punch. The game environment is also very surreal like in a fantasy world, and that pace is as tight as a good movie (Bam, bam, bam and it's done ! When is the next one coming out again ?).

Uncharted lean towards gaming in the movie + game hybrid formula. More things to do, more area to explore. Everything... *EVERYTHING* I can think of has been simulated/emulated and polished. That's just crazy.

They are both excellent example of movie + game hybrids to me.

Kosma

Banned
I've been getting calls from my 360 owning pal who keeps insisting that Drake looks like he is skating instead of running.

When the demo hits I'll make him play and STFU.

FirewalkR

oo Kosma oo said:
I've been getting calls from my 360 owning pal who keeps insisting that Drake looks like he is skating instead of running.

He actually calls you just to troll Uncharted? :lol

He did look like he was skating a bit in the older builds, as well as doing the floating climbing stuff that TTP mentioned awhile back. But that's been cleaned up in the final build.

szaromir

Banned
Loudninja said:
Still not sold on the gameplay? watch these
Still don't like it. Maybe if I was actually playing it myself it would be more hectic and interesting, but watching the gameplay bores me to no end.
FirewalkR said:
He actually calls you just to troll Uncharted? :lol

That's quite ridiculous.:lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
All this time I've been expecting this to be a game which I think I'd love that turns out not quite as good as hoped, but watching that first 10 minutes video? Wow. So sold. I can't wait for the demo.

zedge

This game was never on my radar.. after watching the new trailer on PSN that has changed. Wow. Looking forward to the demo.

Tieno

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20.jpg

pht_01.jpg

spwolf

oo Kosma oo said:

hahaha... he feels defensive after those other videos came out :D

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Loudninja said:
This game has been getting increase hype now
This game was voted most anticipated PS3 game at E3 here on GAF. It came right after Mario Galaxy! Also voted most anticipated PS3 game this holiday season on the PSBlog.

Why people think there is no hype for it? Even on the list of what games are you getting this Nov just about everyone had Uncharted on their list.

Loudninja

Why the fuck is people keep saying the game will bomb? base on what? not a damn thing.This game is getting more hype than alot of other PS3 games.They even had a special just for it.

This game was voted most anticipated PS3 game at E3 here on GAF. It came right after Mario Galaxy! Also voted most anticipated PS3 game this holiday season on the PSBlog.

Why people think there is no hype for it? Even on the list of what games are you getting this Nov just about everyone had Uncharted on their list.

Because they have not been keeping up.

JB1981

Loudninja said:
Why the fuck is people keep saying the game will bomb? base on what? not a damn thing.This game is getting more hype than alot of other PS3 games.They even had a specail just for it.

It will be the best selling singelplayer-only game on the console and it will be one of the top 3 best games of the year.

Woot

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
oo Kosma oo said:

Have you showed him the latest trailer on PSN? I showed it to some friends and lets just say minds were blown.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oo Kosma oo said:

:lol :lol :lol

Fady K

Amir0x said:
well... in the future, if you want to make a thread in advance of 2 weeks and you PM me about it, make it and post and it and I'll lock it until the appropriate time comes.

Gotcha.

This game better sell a shitload more than Heavenly Sword after the new SKUs and cheaper prices. Seriously, it'll hurt to see a game like this not get the sales it deserves.

Loudninja

Fady K said:
Gotcha.

This game better sell a shitload more than Heavenly Sword after the new SKUs and cheaper prices. Seriously, it'll hurt to see a game like this not get the sales it deserves.

People dont get that at all.

J-Rzez

szaromir said:
Still don't like it. Maybe if I was actually playing it myself it would be more hectic and interesting, but watching the gameplay bores me to no end.

Really, but you said that latest combat video for ME looks holy crap good? Oh well, different strokes, because I think ME's combat is going for the gold of most boring combat of 07...

Anyways, I can't wait to see how the media spins this one around... It basically looks more hectic than Gears did, except you have better use of cover in this... It has a cool "in your face" melee combat section to it which Gears had a chainsaw, and that's about it... It has the graphics to surpass it (animations go a LONG way here)... It has a seemingly well written story and it lasts longer than 6 hours to the tune of 12hours or so with enough cool features to bring you back to play again... Finally it looks like the gameplay is ultra-responsive and not sluggish, you get to do some traversing, solve some puzzles, and explore for hidden treasures...

Everyone is going to be dizzy after the reviews for this one after it's rated on the Playstation 3 game scale...

And if you "own" a PS3 and don't buy this game, you're part of the problem as of now... We'll see if the demo changes anything next week...

Azsori

PistolGrip said:

There is even plenty of hype for this even in the non forum world or "real life". Any PS3 owner who has visited the PS store in the last few weeks knows about Uncharted...My friends who would never step foot on a gaming forum were excited when I told them the Uncharted demo is coming next week...

There seems to be a perception that many people do not know about this game, but I just think the people who haven't caught on don't have PS3's and overlook PS related news...

szaromir

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Really, but you said that latest combat video for ME looks holy crap good? Oh well, different strokes, because I think ME's combat is going for the gold of most boring combat of 07...
I didn't. In fact, I called Mass Effect comat a bit clumsy (on gamersyde forum).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Held out for as long as I could...but I saw the 10 minute thingy, and man, it was incredible. I can't believe it was over so quickly!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

J-Rzez

szaromir said:
I didn't. In fact, I called Mass Effect comat a bit clumsy (on gamersyde forum).

Thank god, you must've just been talking about the graphics in that trailer then... I'd have to tell you to check your pulse if you thought that combat looked better than this... :lol

You would in-fact, be a Zombie... Not the funny kind from Dead Rising during the day bumping into each other, but the scary evil one's at night type...

Loudninja said:
Dance with an angel J-Rzez

I did a couple weeks ago at my friend's wedding... Had to show my gf the moves :p (if she read videogame boards, that'd net me some brownie points, but she doesn't, so should I break up with her?)

Top Bottom