• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Loudninja

Anastacio said:
Just got home from having completed Uncharted Drake's Fortune. We are not allowed to publish our review before a surden date, which mean, I won't talk a lot about it.

Even though the characters are well-developed, some of them could use a lot more screen-time. Honestly, if you have asked me a score for the beta, I would have given it a 10/10 but after having completed the full game, it's under that score. The game is a masterpiece, though it has some obvious technical problems which affects gameplay.

Oh, and this is my percents of the three core elements of the game:

85% is shooting
10% is platforming
05% is puzzles.

Maybe give and take a little more, but you can imagine the picture. Oh, and I got the presskit as well.

so 9/10 :D

KurowaSan

omg omg omg

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Demo Back on the World Map

+ Posted by Christophe Balestra // Co-President Naughty Dog

Christophe Balestra, here, and I’m Co-President at Naughty Dog. I wanted to give a final update on the Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune demo situation.

We’re really sorry about what happened and didn’t anticipate this at all. We just didn’t know people from other territories could connect to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store and download demos … now we do! We’ve been too busy working on the game to wrap our head’s around the infrastructure of the PSN.

We absolutely did not plan the demo to be region locked. As soon as we figured out the problem existed, Sam Thompson called me and I jumped into my car, drove to the office and fixed it right away. It’s an honest mistake and we didn’t try to prevent anybody from enjoying the Uncharted demo. I feel even more sorry because most of the people who experienced the problem are in Europe and I’m European myself.

So again, we’re really sorry about what happened and it wasn’t done on purpose. The good news is it’s now fixed and a new demo of Uncharted has been posted to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store so the entire world can enjoy it.

Thanks to Sam for taking the heat yesterday and for letting us know about the issue.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/09/uncharted-drake’s-fortune-demo-back-on-the-world-map/

Demo has been fixed!! :D

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/09/uncharted-drake’s-fortune-demo-back-on-the-world-map/

Christophe Balestra, here, and I’m Co-President at Naughty Dog. I wanted to give a final update on the Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune demo situation.

We’re really sorry about what happened and didn’t anticipate this at all. We just didn’t know people from other territories could connect to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store and download demos … now we do! We’ve been too busy working on the game to wrap our head’s around the infrastructure of the PSN.

We absolutely did not plan the demo to be region locked. As soon as we figured out the problem existed, Sam Thompson called me and I jumped into my car, drove to the office and fixed it right away. It’s an honest mistake and we didn’t try to prevent anybody from enjoying the Uncharted demo. I feel even more sorry because most of the people who experienced the problem are in Europe and I’m European myself.

So again, we’re really sorry about what happened and it wasn’t done on purpose. The good news is it’s now fixed and a new demo of Uncharted has been posted to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store so the entire world can enjoy it.

Thanks to Sam for taking the heat yesterday and for letting us know about the issue.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
SolidSnakex said:
So people can cool down off the idea that they intentionally tryied to lock out other territories.

Hey, some people might even want to eat some crow and apologise to the devs they accused of subterfuge. :p

Pachinko

Someone asked how it looks on an HD set ? Very nice, It's the nicest looking ps3 game I've seen because it keeps a solid framerate while also maintaining some pretty high world detail. I don't know for sure whether I'd put in on top of gears of war though, they are both relativly close , It really comes down to art preference and well, there's alot of little things going on in Uncharted animation wise that most other games don't do. Here's hoping it's more then 4 hours long.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Pristine_Condition said:
You should probably post this news in it's own thread. It's a big enough event. Would hate our Euro Gaffers to miss it just because they are too bitter about the situation to want to come into this thread.

Too bitter to come into this thread? We've been refreshing the Playstation blog constantly since Sam promised to come back with an update. :D

KurowaSan

Pristine_Condition said:
You should probably post this news in it's own thread. It's a big enough event. Would hate our Euro Gaffers to miss it just because they are too bitter about the situation to want to come into this thread.

a topic title edit should do.

and yeah, Naughty God deserves an apology from some people.

EDIT: there you go

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
jiggle said:
Maybe a mod can add it to the header?

What, and have everyone steal my bandwidth? :\

Grayman said:
And keep the sand out of your vaginas next time

Idiot. Without the complaints, there wouldn't be a demo that ran on non-US systems for two weeks. Unless Sony/ND hear from their customers that they're not happy with the way things are, then there's no incentive to change them.

antiloop

Dante said:
It's not a PS3 problem:

904_0006.jpg

hehe.... not better.

Loudninja

iapetus said:

Idiot. Without the complaints, there wouldn't be a demo that ran on non-US systems for two weeks. Unless Sony/ND hear from their customers that they're not happy with the way things are, then there's no incentive to change them.

Yeah, so it work out :D

spwolf

SolidSnakex said:
So people can cool down off the idea that they intentionally tried to lock out other territories.

FUCK YOU SONY, i thought i was l33t for having US ps3 in europe... :lol

it was quite funny how many ppl jumped on that one...

Lince

Banned
AnIco said:
I love the composition of that shot - looks like a painting. Very reminiscent of a 1950s B movie poster.

It Came from Uncharted Lands! :lol

I was listening to this Toto album and suddenly the cover has this Uncharted feeling

70747.jpg

"they ignited the passion of a lost generation" :lol

Evlar

Banned
Pewp said:
Please someone tell me how good this game looks HD. I need a good excuse to go buy an HDTV, this could be it.
It looks like Drew Struzan is drawing an animated movie poster for you in real-time.

Grayman

iapetus said:

Fuck you. ND would find out with out conspiracy stories and sobbing that they were region locked on a system without region locking and all that bullshit.

Wollan

they can hear the empty barrel of your gun, makes like a clicking sound. they totally advance you after that.
That's a smack yourself in the head for other designers, why didn't anyone else think of this little obvious twist.
There are several games I believe that have ammo responsive AI but this is just a really cool little practical cue.

madmook

Arkham said:
Physically, or career-wise?
lulz

Also, only got to play a few minutes before heading out to work this morning, and its already DAY ONE purchase confirmed. The aiming when in L1 mode is REALLY smooth. I was really worried about that because the sixaxis has been sucky for FPS's thusfar (IMO).

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
KurowaSan said:

Thanks for posting that! I felt so guilty about downloading the demo last night that I haven't played it yet in honour of our European friends. Now, thankfully, I can play.

(Okay, so I just haven't had time to boot it up. But still...)

Good catch -- I was really getting tired of all the complaints about the demo. It's reassuring to see that someone on that end was concerned about the issue.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This would make for a really fun multiplayer game.

just sayin'

I bet Socom players would feel right at home.

Dante

Wollan said:
That's a smack yourself in the head for other designers, why didn't anyone else think of this little obvious twist.
There are several games I believe that have ammo responsive AI but this is just a really cool little practical cue.

:D i am glad this thread gonna get a second life now, can't wait to see your guys reactions to all the nuances in there.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Grayman said:
Fuck you. ND would find out with out conspiracy stories and sobbing that they were region locked on a system without region locking and all that bullshit.

No, fuck you. Sick as I was with the conspiracy theories, I'm every bit as sick with the attitude of some US PS3 owners that they're somehow entitled to get everything first and cheaper, and that as long as they get the games they want now, everyone else is just whining if they object to being treated as second class gaming citizens.

Sorry if it offends you, but sometimes complaining in these situations works, whereas sitting silently and waiting for someone to sort things out almost never will. But hey, at least Grayman will have his demo, so everything's well with the world, right?

Con

Banned
Dante said:
I tried looking for the skull last night, but couldn't find it. Has anybody found any other easter eggs in the demo?

I have found two skulls.
They are right next to each other at the very (very!) end of the demo.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lemming_JRS said:
Demo has been fixed!! :D

that was quick

KurowaSan

seriously guys, i'm really impressed with them fixing a US demo just for the rest of the world. i thought this wouldn't happen, and not because they wouldn't want to, but because i thought they wouldn't be able to do it, at least not THIS fast.

now, every one who claimed it was a dark conspiracy and spreading "it's region locked!!11" all over the net should be buying two copies.

Naughty Dog, you didn't have any real reason to fix it, yet, you did
663o6cx.gif

47% gogogo

Ploid 3.0

The reason is totally understandable. They probably rushed to have it ready. Could worry about EU, and JP machine compatibility while they finish up language tweaks. They can't release it on Euro psn because it don't have those languages.

I feel sorry fot euros. They'd be the number one interest if not for languages being so diverse with no standard language everyone must know.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Quick, and really impressive.

And, in a lot of ways, very sensible. I'd imagine ND just sold an awful lot of games - I for one will be putting in a preorder immediately if the demo lives up to expectations.

Loudninja

iapetus said:
No, fuck you. Sick as I was with the conspiracy theories, I'm every bit as sick with the attitude of some US PS3 owners that they're somehow entitled to get everything first and cheaper, and that as long as they get the games they want now, everyone else is just whining if they object to being treated as second class gaming citizens.

Sorry if it offends you, but sometimes complaining in these situations works, whereas sitting silently and waiting for someone to sort things out almost never will. But hey, at least Grayman will have his demo, so everything's well with the world, right?
iapetus dude just ignore him :D

Dante

Ploid 3.0 said:
Anyone try using their empty pistol clicks in conjunction with their full shot gun, or grenade?

I was thinking of doing that to bait them out of cover, but honestly I am always kinda on my toes in these battles tryiing to survive.

B-Ri

Marconelly said:
ARG uncovered what seems to be the cheat code that can be used in the demo, but some of the buttons are missing it seems.

See, After L1, one or two symbols are covered by the sextant.

The code is L1, ?, ?, right, square, down, left, triangle, R1, up

code that lets you go farther in the demo confirmed :X

AKS

iapetus said:

There are many more languages to translate for a European release. It takes time. It sucks that some have to wait longer, but at least things have remained region free so far.

Top Bottom