• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

B-Ri

marvelharvey said:
Have these guys not heard of patching? Downloading 1.2Gb for an extra line of code seems a little over the top. Still, good job!

so theyre going to patch a game that isnt broken for the store its supposed to be availible for (which joe everybody will see it and freak out download it for no reason) for people who are breaking TOS by having a fake account for a different regions DLC?

There are a million things wrong with the situation, naught dog fixing the game for you is not, you whining about it is the worst thing.

Ploid 3.0

Dante said:
I was thinking of doing that to bait them out of cover, but honestly I am always kinda on my toes in these battles tryiing to survive.

lol yeah, me too. No time fo me to fool around shooting water while pirates are out there. Never felt so pent down in a game while having to make sure eack bullet counts, and looking around to make sure the pirate I'm looking at isn't trying to hold my attention for his mgs buddy.

(Low ammo, wut)
I don' usually stok up on ammo until after the fight. Most of the time when I dash to recover and look for dead men guns I get shot up as I look for them.

Grayman

iapetus said:
No, fuck you. Sick as I was with the conspiracy theories, I'm every bit as sick with the attitude of some US PS3 owners that they're somehow entitled to get everything first and cheaper, and that as long as they get the games they want now, everyone else is just whining if they object to being treated as second class gaming citizens.

Sorry if it offends you, but sometimes complaining in these situations works, whereas sitting silently and waiting for someone to sort things out almost never will. But hey, at least Grayman will have his demo, so everything's well with the world, right?
Someone calls me an idiot on the internet and I'm not going to be respectful back to them.

I don't think I am entitled to anything first or cheaper so don't put someone elses opinion on me. I didn't flip out at people because one of the folklore demos was made for PAL-SD tvs.

I wasn't targetting this at you personally. I hadn't read the whole thread to see names of people being completely unreasonable with their complaint. It seems like what i said did fit you perfectly though.

Have you finished downloading uncharted so you can have fun yet?

Dante

Ploid 3.0 said:
lol yeah, me too. No time fo me to fool around shooting water while pirates are out there. Never felt so pent down in a game while having to make sure eack bullet counts, and looking around to make sure the pirate I'm looking at isn't trying to hold my attention for his mgs buddy.

Those fuckers are sneaky and they work together, especially when you get to the third encounter with the barrels. You stay focused and one of those bastards will come sneaking around the back.

I love when you hit headshots and Drake will say things like "ohhhhh that'll hurt in the morning"

B-Ri said:
so theyre going to patch a game that isnt broken for the store its supposed to be availible for (which joe everybody will see it and freak out download it for no reason) for people who are breaking TOS by having a fake account for a different regions DLC?

There are a million things wrong with the situation, naught dog fixing the game for you is not, you whining about it is the worst thing.
What the hell are you talking about? They JUST FIXED IT... for evil people like me.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Grayman said:
Someone calls me an idiot on the internet and I'm not going to be respectful back to them.

Someone who makes asshattish remarks generalising about how anyone who isn't happy to just suck it up and get kicked in the nuts by Sony again has 'sand in their vaginas' deserves to be called an idiot at the least. Don't bring the 'he insulted me so I don't owe him no respect' card, because you sure as hell weren't acting in a way that deserved respect to start with.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Bebpo said:
Thanks N.D.! You are good people!

/off to re-download demo.
Let me get this straight. If theres a problem, it's sony's fault. If the problem is fixed, ND get's the praise?

Not saying, ND shouldn't get praise for fixing this issue (because it's awesome they fixed it, and in quick time). But they didn't quite get blamed for the problem either....

Bebpo said:
I would say "QFMTFT" but it seems this is more because Sony is run by idiot monkeys who don't even understand how this 'auto-region-switching' thing works and less that they're purposely trying to lock things out to foreigners.

Sony has to be one of the only companies in the universe who can't even figure out their own hardware.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Anyone try using their empty pistol clicks in conjunction with their full shot gun, or grenade?

Of course. I ran out of AK ammo, they heard the click, one guy came running at me and I nailed him with the pistol. It was brilliant. :D

I finally managed to make a guy drop a grenade without killing him and he ran away! Then he rushed me while still clutching his side. I'm incredibly impressed with the gunplay. It's far and away the best combat in an action adventure game I've ever played. Good enough to stand alongside a pure shooter.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Bad_Boy said:
Let me get this straight. If theres a problem, it's sony's fault. If the problem is fixed, ND get's the praise?

The root of the problem is that Sony have made the decision to have completely regionalised stores rather than running things globally - something which Microsoft have already demonstrated can work well. The fact that this sort of issue can exist is Sony's fault, and not something ND can do anything about.

Given that, when this specific issue turned up, Naughty Dog fixed the problem - something they didn't have to do - and did it in spectacularly short time. They deserve praise for that, don't they?

Grayman

iapetus said:
Someone who makes asshattish remarks generalising about how anyone who isn't happy to just suck it up and get kicked in the nuts by Sony again has 'sand in their vaginas' deserves to be called an idiot at the least. Don't bring the 'he insulted me so I don't owe him no respect' card, because you sure as hell weren't acting in a way that deserved respect to start with.
Complaining is great. Some posts I saw were the world is going to end blatant retarded fud. I thought a few were just trolling sony even. Those people are being unreasonable and deserve shit thrown at them. where you acting this way?

Ploid 3.0

jiggle said:
Some ppl just suck at aiming (including me :lol)

That I do. I can't cheat the cover aiming. It's more exciting this way. I'm a bullet sprayer, but I've been more careful and accurate lately.

Desiderus

I just didn't like how he felt so floaty/slow as molasses when jumping and rolling. Really my only gripe. Loved the demo and looking forward to the game more then ever.

Dante

Ploid 3.0 said:
That I do. I can't cheat the cover aiming. It's more exciting this way. I'm a bullet sprayer, but I've been more careful and accurate lately.

Well i have found that you have to compensate quite a bit for the AK's recoil, which when I first started had me spraying bullets everywhere, now I use it with short controlled bursts.

methane47

iapetus said:
No, fuck you. Sick as I was with the conspiracy theories, I'm every bit as sick with the attitude of some US PS3 owners that they're somehow entitled to get everything first and cheaper, and that as long as they get the games they want now, everyone else is just whining if they object to being treated as second class gaming citizens.

Sorry if it offends you, but sometimes complaining in these situations works, whereas sitting silently and waiting for someone to sort things out almost never will. But hey, at least Grayman will have his demo, so everything's well with the world, right?

Good grief.. what happened in this thread? Dang.. you guys got a mod so riled up he dropped the F-bomb??

For what its worth iapetus.... I really don't care who gets demo's first.. but I sure as hell dont mind getting them first... And I'm really happy you guys have finally gotten the demo..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
GOD THIS SUCKS

I HATE YOU NAUGHTY DOG SONY HOW DARE YOU FIX THIS BUG. WHY DON'T YOU GET YOUR SHIT IN ORDER AND ENFORCE THESE BUGS? YOU ARE SHIT. 7/10 PREORDER CANCELED.

methane47

joshcryer said:
Compare this to how 2k Games handled the FOV issue, and you'll see a distinct difference in personality.

Yeah but its Xbox Exclusive.. therefore it gets nominated in 52 categories.. some that dont even exist..

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
iapetus said:
The root of the problem is that Sony have made the decision to have completely regionalised stores rather than running things globally - something which Microsoft have already demonstrated can work well. The fact that this sort of issue can exist is Sony's fault, and not something ND can do anything about.
Yeah, but theres nothing we can do about that. People complained about this issue when the ps3 was released. I'm talking about now, not the root of the problem. Bebpo wasn't referring to the root problem when he handed out blame. It was an honest mistake. ND admitted the issue was kinda their fault for the demo's regional problems. At the end of the day they are the developer for the demo/game. They fixed it. I'm just saying they didn't get any blame for this problem.

Please note, I have nothing against ND, as you can see my post history I've done nothing but praise the look of this game and it's game play. I'll be first in line to get this game when released.

iapetus said:
Given that, when this specific issue turned up, Naughty Dog fixed the problem - something they didn't have to do - and did it in spectacularly short time. They deserve praise for that, don't they?
Yes, I said they deserve the praise too.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
iapetus said:

It's Sony's fault that ND targeted on North American PS3s and didn't anticipate that people were downloading stuff regionally from PSN? Sony wants to run things regionally because regions have different priorities and different localization issues. If this was MS the "patch" wouldn't have come out for two fucking weeks because of their bureaucratic testing policies. The fact that this sort of issue "can" exist just shows the freedom that Sony developers have as far as this sort of thing goes. They're free to fuck up. But they're also free to fix things if they want.

Naughty Dog certainly had to fix the issue, just like 2k Games had to fix the FOV issue in Bioshock. You don't mess with the vocal minority, ever. The difference here is that Naughty Dog wanted to, they were extremely humble about it. This is really because from my perspective they're insane perfectionists, they were seemingly embarrassed that it happened to begin with.

It's awesome that ND fixed the demo so quickly. I don't know how difficult it was to make the necessary changes but I do that making even slight changes to software like this can be really complicated. Thanks ND!

USC-fan

Banned
After playing through the demo the second time, it seem a lot easier. Starting to like it a lot more.

iapetus said:

:lol its cool but STOP STEALING MY BANDWIDTH! I couldn't even log onto the US store yesterday.....

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
PistolGrip said:
oh snap, you guys were right, it took them on day. Nice

Yeah, use a bit of common sense, become SDF and insane and lame. :lol

Read the first 20 pages. Maybe 10 voices of reason. It's crazy. :lol

Grayman

Somewhere on last page, re: running out of ammo
It can happen if you squat in one cover spot instead of advancing through the area as more enemies spawn.
Kbsmoker said:
After playing through the demo the second time, it seem a lot easier. Starting to like it a lot more.
I can now get in a lot more hand to hand fights without dieing since i've played it nearly a dozen times. My shooting isn't that much better but I am better at positioning Nathan and reacting to the pirates.

Snah

Banned
Turn the sensitivity up a few notches. The aiming gets a lot better once you do.

I just wish that in cover mode, there was a cursor in the middle of the screen...would make things a bit easier.....why didnt they think of that?

Kittonwy

Banned
KurowaSan said:

Christophe is afw. Naughty Dog is afw.
Indifferent2.gif

Loudninja

Snah said:
Turn the sensitivity up a few notches. The aiming gets a lot better once you do.

I just wish that in cover mode, there was a cursor in the middle of the screen...would make things a bit easier.....why didnt they think of that?

I left it the way it is, it works just fine for me :D

Hunter D

Dante said:
The dead bodies look pretty disturbing in this game when you look down at them, I think it's because they look a bit civilian like and eerie.

Try bumping the sensitivity up, I put mine up 2 notches, and I felt it remedied that.

How is it Ironic? and please, don't say that is ironic :)
A lot of people that like this game hated GOW for the same reasons.

Grayman

Snah said:

It would make it a lot easier but if it was too accurate it might make shooting expert military style

The idea with how it is now is that the not knowing where your reticle will pop out almost recreates the idea that drake can't see who he is shooting at before he pops out.

Snah said:

I'm pretty sure they left it that way on purpose. I like it, having to aim after you pop out makes the fights far more natural than just ducking behind cover, lining up your reticule to the exact spot where the enemy always pops his head out and then popping up as soon as he does to nail him with a headshot. Boring! In Uncharted, not only do you not know exactly where your going to be aiming but you're not even sure where the enemy is going to pop out.

AKS

joshcryer said:
It's Sony's fault that ND targeted on North American PS3s and didn't anticipate that people were downloading stuff regionally from PSN? Sony wants to run things regionally because regions have different priorities and different localization issues. If this was MS the "patch" wouldn't have come out for two fucking weeks because of their bureaucratic testing policies. The fact that this sort of issue "can" exist just shows the freedom that Sony developers have as far as this sort of thing goes. They're free to fuck up. But they're also free to fix things if they want.

Naughty Dog certainly had to fix the issue, just like 2k Games had to fix the FOV issue in Bioshock. You don't mess with the vocal minority, ever. The difference here is that Naughty Dog wanted to, they were extremely humble about it. This is really because from my perspective they're insane perfectionists, they were seemingly embarrassed that it happened to begin with.

Neither Sony or ND needed to do this. They were releasing a demo intended for North America. They did nothing wrong. It's only because they are considerate to their customers that they fixed it so that people outside North America can play it. Try getting all this region free stuff like this on other consoles. You're not getting a patch. We're not automatically entitled to region free stuff by some sort of international mandate. We're very fortunate Sony and ND have been nice enough to accommodate us all and allow me to play GT5 Prologue and some of you the chance to play Uncharted.

Ceb

The enemy AI is amazing. Even on normal difficulty, you really have to plan your approach... but you can't waste too much time planning, or they'll come and get you. Awesome.

And I still don't think the opening movie has any traces of pre-recorded material. *shrug*

Top Bottom