• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

KUFI

Banned
Chackan said:
Naughty Gods!

ConanandAWK-vi-1.gif

OMFG This will KILL me! OMG :D :D :D

Mesijs

About the melee combat.

Seems like some people don't really get the hang of it yet. Maybe some people already know how it works, but it works like this: you have to push the next button of the combo at the time your first punch hits the enemy!

So with sqaure-triangle-square, first press square. When you see your first punch hits the enmey, press triangle. When you see your second punch hit the enemy, press square to finish the combo.

That's how the combat works. Try it out some more times, if you get it then it feels just right.

quetz67

Banned
dark10x said:
Damn straight. :p

Only if you like gray blacks. ;)
yeah after seeing a 50" 720p Plasma (1500 Euros) and 1080p LCD (3000 Euros) side by side (both Samsung) I cant understand why anybody would choose an LCD, even with higher resolution.

Now all I need is the money for a 50" 1080p Plasma.

quetz67

Banned
Mesijs said:
About the melee combat.

Seems like some people don't really get the hang of it yet. Maybe some people already know how it works, but it works like this: you have to push the next button of the combo at the time your first punch hits the enemy!

So with sqaure-triangle-square, first press square. When you see your first punch hits the enmey, press triangle. When you see your second punch hit the enemy, press square to finish the combo.

That's how the combat works. Try it out some more times, if you get it then it feels just right.
On easy I killed most enemies just smashing those buttons without any further thought :p

deepbrown

Ok i now am starting to prefer the music in these games than I do films. From Lair, to Heavenly Sword, and now AC to Uncharted. Incredible soundtracks.

Pachimari

Mifune said:
I still think there are TOO MANY enemy waves, but as long as the whole game isn't just shooting, I should be alright. It isn't just shooting, right? For those who have finished the game? There's plenty of platforming and whatnot?
Completed the game yesterday and there's some platforming and great puzzles, though not one of them were any hard. It's most shooting over and over though, a heck of a lot of shooting actually. It is kind of hard to not say it's a shooter with platform elements on top of it. It is still an action/adventure game though.

quetz67

Banned
Anastacio said:
Completed the game yesterday and there's some platforming and great puzzles, though not one of them were any hard. It's most shooting over and over though, a heck of a lot of shooting actually. It is kind of hard to not say it's a shooter with platform elements on top of it. It is still an action/adventure game though.
I must say I expected more of a platformer, but actually I think the shooting is better implemented (and more fun) than the platforming

Bebpo

Banned
Anastacio said:

Disappointing, but hopefully it just means they'll do Jak 4 next and get back to platforming. I guess someone at ND or Sony thought they needed another TPS/FPS.

At least it's quite good for what it is.

Bebpo

Banned
Loudninja said:
So we can drop the TR bullshit now right?

Sure, it's nothing like TR.

But I think 99% of GAF would have rather it been like TR with 50/50 platforming/action than not. You have to wonder what's the point of building this super great platforming engine with amazing animations if you're not going to use it much.

eshwaaz

Mesijs said:
About the melee combat.

I've found that timing is less important if you hold the buttons down instead of tapping them. Hold square until Nate connects with the first punch, then press and hold triangle until the next blow is landed, then hold square again for the finisher. I've not missed a single combo since I started doing it this way.

Firewire

Banned
quetz67 said:
And how to get the shirt wet, but not his trousers? :p

Playing for a long time, his shirt will become drenched in sweat?

PS: I wish Sony paid me to be a viral marketer, but Sony doesn't love me, I couldn't even get into the beta's for Home or Warhawk. :(

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
BruceLeeRoy said:
Thanks man glad you like it :D
Hey Wollan I have been working on a really bad ass official imagery for Killzone 2 I know your the guy for the info but I have got a ton of stuff im doing for your eventual thread Ill start throwing stuff at you when it gets closer to release.
I see tiny Xs!!!!! where is your header. Use www.digitaluploader.com instead of tinypic.

and yeah this music is awesome fking wowsome EPIC

Defuser

Firewire said:
Playing for a long time, his shirt will become drenched in sweat?

PS: I wish Sony paid me to be a viral marketer, but Sony doesn't love me, I couldn't even get into the beta's for Home or Warhawk. :(
You be banned in a second if you went viral.

dork

Banned
Gamestop has it listed for Friday not Thursday.

For the 10 millionth time, those are ship dates on the website. So it ships the 15th and will be in stores the 16th. THe work computer still says the 20th though, so Im confused.

nny

argh, my aiming sucks. I feel like running like crazy and solve this with some punching. :D I like the detail of the ringing sound in your ears after a grenade has exploded close by.

Firewire

Banned
Dante said:
I am sooo hoping Sony puts an Uncharted theme up on the store in coming weeks :)

Yeah its weird that the only have those 3 on the store. I don't understand why they didn't ask Ninja Theory, Naughty Dog, Insomniac & Incognito to do themes for the update, would have been awesome!

Bebpo said:

But I think 99% of GAF would have rather it been like TR with 50/50 platforming/action than not. You have to wonder what's the point of building this super great platforming engine with amazing animations if you're not going to use it much.

not all of us really care for TR...I disliked the generic character and setting

Kittonwy

Banned
Bebpo said:

The gunplay in TR is complete shitaru, why would anyone want that shitaru? I mean come on, it's shitaru.
Indifferent2.gif

GrayFoxPL

Played for the first time. Wow, this and Galaxy seem like a new quality in gaming. It's just "right".

Naughty Dog does a gaming facial all over everyone's gob and happiness spreads across globe. :D

What's the peoples problem with h2h combat? It's super responsive varried and feels soo good. Don't be a chicken, just fight, fight, fight!

My only gripe is that some jaggies, shimmer are visible and annoying. Must be my tv, not the first time games don't look as good as on other's TVs. Fucking Samsung :p.

ND - PS3 magicians, no doubt.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
I am sooo hoping Sony puts an Uncharted theme up on the store in coming weeks :)

If Sorny decides to come out with an Uncharted bundle I'll get it just so my folks can have a blu-ray player at their place.
Indifferent2.gif

wazoo

GrayFoxPL said:
My only gripe is that some jaggies, shimmer are visible and annoying. Must be my tv, not the first time games don't look as good as on other's TVs. Fucking Samsung :p.

Jaggies ?? Your TV is the problem, I think

deepbrown

This feels nothing like TR...it's so far beyond it it's hard to say. I mean ICO is closer to TR.

Anyway, ND have always called the game an action adventure shooter...in all their interviews.
I'm surprised none of you guys noticed that.

Forsete

Loudninja said:
So true,I hate the combat in TR

Yeah, Uncharted (from now on GOTY 2007) is nothing like TR in terms of combat.

TR - Lock on, jump around unrealisticly and fire away.

GOTY 2007 - Use cover, move between covers or yo ass is fried! :D

Loudninja

deepbrown said:
This feels nothing like TR...it's so far beyond it it's hard to say. I mean ICO is closer to TR.

Anyway, ND have always called the game an action adventure shooter...in all their interviews.

So was it hard putting your PS3 back together after you burn it? :D

Yeah, Uncharted (from now on GOTY 2007) is nothing like TR in terms of combat.

TR - Lock on, jump around unrealisticly and fire away.

GOTY 2007 - Use cover, move between covers or yo ass is fried!

Yeah, and thats a damn good thing

Firewire

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Yep 11/15 is the date on the site, so like thursday, weird date.

Anyway Uncharted next week people.

I wouldn't believe what some Gamespot poster or for that matter what an EB games computer says (they get dates screwed up all the time) If Sony or Naughty Dog says it then I'll believe it. And so far the only bump they mentioned was a day early on the 19th.

deepbrown said:

I agree that it's nothing like TR but it sure as hell isn't ICO either. I don't know where the hell you're coming from with that.

If any game could be compared to Uncharted, it's Gears of War. Both feel remarkedly similar. Too similar, imo.

Honestly, I would've prefered more Tomb Raider and less Gears.

Wollan said:
Uncharted is one of those experiences that makes you question the stuff you've played on the platform before it. It's not just head and shoulders above most PS3 games technically, there's a couple of folks here standing on each others shoulders.
Uncharted makes me question why a 9mm pistol is more powerful than an AK-47.

Top Bottom