• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unicorn Overlord sold a million units worldwide

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Pretty awesome a fairly niche genre like tactics JRPG can hit a million. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
fuck-yeah-yeah.gif

Well deserved, still my personal GOTY.

Seyken

Got the plat trophy, one of my faves this year. I wish those numbers were higher but if SEGA/Atlus/Vanillaware consider it a success then that's all that really matters 👌
These are actually very good numbers for such a niche title. The one company that should take a look at these numbers and worry is Square Enix.

FF7 Rebirth released in the same month, cost a truckload of money to make and was a VERY good game, yet only managed to sell probably around 2.5 million copies so far. If you told me a few years ago that something like this would happen to Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy 7 no less, I would've called you crazy and laughed at your face. But here we are.

Dr. Suchong

Fantastic news!
My copy is still shrink wrapped on the shelf, but once I'm done with Triangle strategy I'm jumping into that delicious Vanilla infused goodness.
Kind of ironic, Vanillaware's games are certainly not Vanilla 😁

ap_puff

Great game, but in the future I hope they focus on a more limited cast as it felt like a lot of characters weren't really given proper story arcs.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

Shifty1897

I literally forgot to buy that one. Will it come to Steam?
No, Atlus has said they would bring it to PC but their agreement with Vanillaware forbids it. Probably typical Japanese dev hangups about PC gaming: pirating and modding.

Edit: Beaten by 3 minutes.

Last edited:

Cao Cao

Will buy the game soon, just sad that I read it is way too easy even on hardest difficulty. I really need to be challenged to the limit in games.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't really dig the game but I'm happy for them, the studio deserves success.

Shifty1897

Will buy the game soon, just sad that I read it is way too easy even on hardest difficulty. I really need to be challenged to the limit in games.
I'm the same way, I will say that the Expert difficulty does eventually ramp up in the last quarer to third of the game to a good challenge, it's just a shame it doesn't do that earlier.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
If they do an update for the Switch version when the Switch 2 releases then I'll buy it. Either that or release a PC version.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I should pick this up sometime soon. Played a little bit of the demo and remembering the music being really good.

Top Bottom