• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

That is not what happened at all, Varys had no idea that Mormont would renege on a pardon and save Daenerys life. Varys plot was to accelerate the dothraki invasion with Viserys, Daenerys dying was going to happen if not for Jorah's change of heart

Killing one of the last two legitimate Targaryen's to invoke a dothraki invasion doesn't seem like a Targaryen loyalist move. The likelihood of their success at that time was slim to none with the kingdom still united under Robert. This only makes sense with the book knowledge of Faegon and the Golden Company swooping in after the war had weakened both sides and left them vulnerable.

That makes Varys look pretty dumb. He planned to have one of the three remaining Targaryens killed... and that would lead to a series of events where everyone else self destructs? D&D's Littlefinger has a better plan than that.

Speevy

Banned
And thus the reason for leaving Roose's natural son out of the storyline takes shape. They wanted to kill him in real time.

Euron

Ok so now that the Battle of Meereen is 100% not happening, should we expect Dany to start sailing to Westeros at the end of the season?

Speevy

Banned
This is all starting to come together.

So is Walda's child Warden of the North when Roose and Ramsay are dead?

-griffy-

Banned
That makes Varys look pretty dumb. He planned to have one of the three remaining Targaryens killed... and that would lead to a series of events where everyone else self destructs? D&D's Littlefinger has a better plan than that.
There's nothing in the show that I can recall to suggest he planned to have Dany poisoned instead of it just being something Robert commanded that he couldn't prevent.

You can even read into the timing of his pardon letter to Jorah as a warning.

Speevy

Banned
I thought she was pregnant in book canon? Or Roose says something along the lines of Ramsay will kill Walda's child.

Well, it seems like that honor is being passed along to Sansa and her new husband.

Littlefinger's going to come back and Sansa's standing over the corpses of Roose, Ramsay, and Walda.

"I uh...brought an army."

Here's a question I have.

Take two scenes in mind. There's one in which Tyrion sees a red priestess saying an identical sermon to the lord of light as one Melisandre previously said, but promises that Dany is the lord's chosen (the dragon queen). Then there's the last episode when Melisandre attempts to breed more shadow babies with Jon.

So has Melisandre really seen a new lord's chosen, or do professors of the lord of light simply choose to follow whatever prophet is convenient? Do they really see anyone?

The reason she wanted to make shadow babies with Jon, was so the shadows could use Jon's knowledge of Winterfell to more easily track down it's target. It's not that she thinks he's the Lord's chosen.

And Red Priests can see visions when praying to the fire, but they can interpret what they see incorrectly.

OHu1oCk.jpg

Content Roundup: Sons of the Harpy

Reviews and Recaps:
AV Club (experts)
AV Club (newbies)
Hitfix (Alan Sepinwall) Review
Grantland (Andy Greenwald) Recap
Rolling Stone Recap
Entertainment Weekly (James Hibberd) Recap
IGN Review
Washington Post (Alyssa Rosenberg) Review
Washington Post Recap
Watchers Recap (Book Readers)
Watchers Recap (Unsullied)

HBO Content:
HBO Viewers Guide
Inside the Episode
Sophie Turner on Trusting Littlefinger
The High Sparrow & The Faith Militant
Clip: The Sand Snakes
Keisha Castle-Hughes talks the Sand Snakes
Aiden Gillen talks Littlefinger's ripple effect
"Kill the Boy" Preview

Miscellaneous:
Hitfix: explaining the Game of Thrones opening credits map
Grantland: Ask the Maester

This post will be linked in the OP.

Is it 100% not happening, or just not happening this season? Maybe Season 6.

This is an assumption from people, but it seems unlikely that seemingly every known armed force marches on Meereen for a many-facetted battle over the city.

George has admitted that that he wrote himself into a corner in Meereen, I doubt the show repeats his mistakes in that way.

Iksenpets

Banned
But she has to go back with a horse army to take care of the Sons of Harpy problem.

Nah, she'll just torch it all. I doubt they'll bother with revisiting the Dothraki. No Barristan means no battle, which means she'll probably just depart from Meereen immediately after they burn it all.

I definitely do think we'll see the Dothraki again. She still doesn't have a big enough army and there were some shots that looked like the Dothraki Sea in the making of GoT site.

Also the inside the episode for episode 5 has leaked so be wary for spoilers.

I definitely do think we'll see the Dothraki again. She still doesn't have a big enough army and there were some shots that looked like the Dothraki Sea in the making of GoT site.

How the hell...

The series finale has leaked.

Where might I find these leaks? Just interested in the plot summary not illegally download the actual episode.

Hamlet

Where might I find these leaks? Just interested in the plot summary not illegally download the actual episode.

They're only joking about the finale being leaked ha. Inside the Episode for episode S05E05 is the only thing that's out as of now. Just looks like the channel put it up a tad too early lol.

Moff

biosnake20;162988990[URL="http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/rest/productService/product?domain=linear&dstOffset=7&seriesID=PMRS1663&nonDstOffset=8&focusId=776465" said:
Also the title for episode 9 might have been revealed in HBO page source[/URL]

The Dance of Dragons

It's an obvious reference to the book title, but it did make me wonder if they go into full dragon overkill mode and have all three of them appear at daznak's pit.

Ikael

FUCK. YES.

But I don't want to see Stannis nor Shireen dieing in the process T_T specially Shireen, which is the cuttest little girl this dark show ever had.

Here's a question I have.

Take two scenes in mind. There's one in which Tyrion sees a red priestess saying an identical sermon to the lord of light as one Melisandre previously said, but promises that Dany is the lord's chosen (the dragon queen). Then there's the last episode when Melisandre attempts to breed more shadow babies with Jon.

So has Melisandre really seen a new lord's chosen, or do professors of the lord of light simply choose to follow whatever prophet is convenient? Do they really see anyone?

I think that it is quite clear that the God of Light does indeed provides visions, but that they are vage and up to the particular interpretation of each priest. Rememer the whole "I only see snow" from Melissandre? The God of Light is showing her who Azor Azahi is, and to us readers the answer is clear (Jon Snow!) but since she's so trapped into her own narrative she's unable to acknowledge the obvious.

This is something that I truthly loved from Martin's book: How non-monolythic religions are, just like in real life. The whole "uber hierarchical clerical structure with no internal divisions or whatsoever" is just a crappy medievalist trope,

Euron

Is it 100% not happening, or just not happening this season? Maybe Season 6.
Barristan is dead, Victarion isn't in the show, and Yunkai agreed to Dany's terms.

I still don't understand what the purpose of killing Barristan was. It should have been Greyworm.

It's an obvious reference to the book title, but it did make me wonder if they go into full dragon overkill mode and have all three of them appear at daznak's pit.

Makes sense.
What the hell would they otherwise do with the two other Dragons? I highly doubt they're going to get dragon riders, so they'll just tag along with Drogon when Khaleesi rides him.

Iksenpets

Banned
Barristan is dead, Victarion isn't in the show, and Yunkai agreed to Dany's terms.

I still don't understand what the purpose of killing Barristan was. It should have been Greyworm.

I think it was just they had already decided to cut his future plot in the battle, so there was no need for him any more. They gave him a few lines of dialog and a fight scene as quickly as possible to make the character feel as justified as they could, and then moved him out the door. I do at least kind of see how the fact that the man who travelled halfway around the world to serve her died because she couldn't control her city could guilt her enough to really push her to find a way to make peace.

Grey Worm's going to die too, I'm sure, they just want a tearful goodbye with Missandei first. He'll get to tell her all about his man's desires and she'll inexplicably strip naked, hold him between her tits, and sing to him as he dies. The scene will be slightly spoiled by the fact that due to the existence of only two songs in the show universe, she'll be singing the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

Well,
and the actual Targaryen Dance of Dragons/civil war.
:)

Regarding that Winterfell clip,
I can hear the internet coming up with several hundred new theories for the "traumatic" scene now. I bet you Sansa uses Ramsay's insecurity to get him on her side, and "the scene" is Sansa taking part in offing Roose's legitimate heir and/or wife. Furthers her wading into the muck and horror of the world, and gives her revenge on the main who killed her brother.

Fits perfectly with the comments from both Iwan and Sophie about being traumatic and not wanting to actually do a scene.

bengraven

It seems like OSN(a Middle Eastern/North African TV Network) released the promo on their site early by accident.

Oh shit, is that what I'm watching? Damn, I thought it was the longer clip of that scene they teased on their instagram.

Well,
and the actual Targaryen Dance of Dragons/civil war.
:)

Regarding that Winterfell clip,
I can hear the internet coming up with several hundred new theories for the "traumatic" scene now. I bet you Sansa uses Ramsay's insecurity to get him on her side, and "the scene" is Sansa taking part in offing Roose's legitimate heir and/or wife. Furthers her wading into the muck and horror of the world, and gives her revenge on the main who killed her brother.

Fits perfectly with the comments from both Iwan and Sophie about being traumatic and not wanting to actually do a scene.

I'm wondering if the opposite happens
and Ramsay becomes much mnore of a monster because of this. Then again, it could be me worried about the worst happening for her.

Lothar

Banned

I've seen people mentioning the past few weeks that they might not be throwing away the Ironborn story and just saving that and the Freys for Season 6. In that case, they might still have Victarion and he might command a pirate fleet to Meereen next season.

It all depends on when Dany is going to Westeros. It sounds like she's not going there until the last book. If she won't be going there until the last season, what will she do next season?

I don't think you need Yunkai. It could be Dotharki vs Sons of the Harpy vs Pirates.

Grey Worm's going to die too, I'm sure, they just want a tearful goodbye with Missandei first. He'll get to tell her all about his man's desires and she'll inexplicably strip naked, hold him between her tits, and sing to him as he dies. The scene will be slightly spoiled by the fact that due to the existence of only two songs in the show universe, she'll be singing the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

This would make it all worth it.

Iksenpets

Banned
I've seen people mentioning the past few weeks that they might not be throwing away the Ironborn story and just saving that and the Freys for Season 6. In that case, they might still have Victarion and he might command a pirate fleet to Meereen next season.

It all depends on when Dany is going to Westeros. It sounds like she's not going there until the last book. If she won't be going there until the last season, what will she do next season?

I don't think you need Yunkai. It could be Dotharki vs Sons of the Harpy vs Pirates.

I think a season 6 Ironborn plot would by necessity have to be a Euron-only version of the story. There is no way to intro Vic and get him there in time. Any Ironborn influence at this point will be felt entirely in Westeros.

That Winterfell clip
is making me incredibly worried for Fat Walda and Baby Bolton. Maybe Sansa or Myranda aren't the victims of the "traumatic scene" at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom