• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Ramsay is the character I hate the most and Sansa is one of my favorite characters. So Ramsay is the ultimate piece of shit who gets the best "prize" out there. Thank you D&D. It's like GRRM isn't sadistic enough now we have to put more suffering into Sansa's life and more enjoyment for Ramsay.

He is going to get his.

Or hers. >;)

His dad also claimed that he had turned down a role on the show as a leader of a slave rebellion, which is obviously untrue. I think they like to troll him in interviews or something? Or are just delusional people? I'm not sure.

I think they're just fame whores. I love Lily Allen, don't get me wrong, but she loves fame and GOT has surpassed her by far and I think she wants a bit of it. And the apple doesn't fall from the tree. I'm shocked she hasn't put out an "Alfie" remix with GOT puppets.

Laconic

Banned
So Ramsay deflowers Sansa?

I want all of the time I wasted on this series back.

There isn't a deep enough, wretched enough pit of Hell that wouldn't be made worse for housing George R. R. Martin's soul.

Speevy

Banned
All the best fighters in Westeros are getting killed by randoms and expendable characters.

I thought for sure Obara would do the deed since she made her choice a while ago that her absentee father would let her fight her battles.

Iksenpets

Banned
So, regarding those episode 7 spoilers...

Looks like Bronn may be the show's Arys Oakheart after all? Tyene Sand is supposed to get naked while talking to an imprisoned Bronn in that episode.

Bronn getting Oakhearted has been my assumption since the Dorne plot became clear. He's a character without any meaningful story left; they just want a good death for him now. The question I have now is who will take the hit on Myrcella. Obara would make the most sense plot-wise, since she goes to hunt Darkstar in the books anyway, so turning her into Darkstar gets her to the same place, but giving it to Bronn before Hotah offs him would make Myrcella's disfigurement/death entirely Cersei's fault, which would be good thematically.

Also, I really wonder how they're going to get to Sam-and-Gilly sex. They haven't really been stressing any sexual tension between them so far this season.

Come on, Bronn is dying fighting an epic battle with Hotah, right? RIGHT?

Don't do this to me T_T

There's nothing in any of that that suggests otherwise! Seduction by Tyene is just to replace Oakheart's seduction by Arianne. It's just the way to rope him in to the Sand Snake's scheme.

Another reason the spear throw may look bad is that the final impact shot is *really* likely to be reversed footage (as in, the spear starts in the head and then was yanked out by a wire). Common practical effects trick but needs work to look right.

Kain

Another reason the spear throw may look bad is that the final impact shot is *really* likely to be reversed footage (as in, the spear starts in the head and then was yanked out by a wire). Common practical effects trick but needs work to look right.

It seems a reshoot to be honest, like they thought the clip needed some Oomph and they called the Obara actress who was in a bar or something (in Seville you bet) and she had to quickly get in costume and throw the spear badly.

mantidor

So Ramsay deflowers Sansa?

I want all of the time I wasted on this series back.

There isn't a deep enough, wretched enough pit of Hell that wouldn't be made worse for housing George R. R. Martin's soul.

I'm spoiling it just in case.

Apparently this is new, because it does not happen in the books.

Speevy

Banned
Still the spear talk?
lol you guys obsess over the weirdest things, but I guess everything else has been talked about....

That's nothing. No one has a freaking clue what the Sansa scene will comprise, but we're speculating over nudity warnings. Nudity warnings.

Kain

As for Arya

(spoilers from the released chapters of Winter)

will they do Mercy with the sexual advances included or it will be way more toned down? I'm guessing the latter, and I think it's for the best as Mercy would we ankward as fuck.

Iksenpets

Banned
As for Arya

(spoilers from the released chapters of Winter)

will they do Mercy with the sexual advances included or it will be way more toned down? I'm guessing the latter, and I think it's for the best as Mercy would we ankward as fuck.

The trailer definitely had a Braavosi prostitute, so I think Meryn will be visiting the brothel. I hope that Arya just uses a prostitute to lure him, rather than taking the prostitute's face for herself.

Violater

That's nothing. No one has a freaking clue what the Sansa scene will comprise, but we're speculating over nudity warnings. Nudity warnings.

How old is she again?
Regardless, with her role in the upcoming xmen movie I can't see her doing any nudity in GOT, sorry pervs...
again I ask how old :p

Speevy

Banned
I think having some sort of crazy bedding scene is tasteless, tbh.

It's probably more tasteless than an actual rape, since that would be spontaneous and unexpected.

Sansa Stark is fully consenting to marry Ramsay Bolton, so they're going to have sex. However, they're going into this with the mindset of 'OOOOH GOODNESS CRAZY RAMSAY" when this character is capable of composure when he wants to.

They should consummate the marriage in a normal way, then they could do whatever without it seeming so ridiculous or controversial.

Brakke

Banned
Ramsay vs Sansa is the least interesting dynamic in Winterfell, the money is on Myranda (?) in her jealous fury over someone moving in on her man / her man setting her aside.

NeoGiff

I'm just going to drop by and remind everyone that Rosabell Laurenti-Sellers (Tyene Sand) is younger than Sophie Turner.

Something to ponder.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
His dad also claimed that he had turned down a role on the show as a leader of a slave rebellion, which is obviously untrue. I think they like to troll him in interviews or something? Or are just delusional people? I'm not sure.
They probably like to fuck with people, Lily Allen did name an album Sheezus.

Ramsay vs Sansa is the least interesting dynamic in Winterfell, the money is on Myranda (?) in her jealous fury over someone moving in on her man / her man setting her aside.
So basically it's the same arc as her's in King's Landing...replace Ramsay with Tyrion, Shae with Myranda, and Roose with Tywin...

Bronn getting Oakhearted has been my assumption since the Dorne plot became clear. He's a character without any meaningful story left; they just want a good death for him now. The question I have now is who will take the hit on Myrcella. Obara would make the most sense plot-wise, since she goes to hunt Darkstar in the books anyway, so turning her into Darkstar gets her to the same place, but giving it to Bronn before Hotah offs him would make Myrcella's disfigurement/death entirely Cersei's fault, which would be good thematically.

Ok, that would be an interesting way to change Bronn's story. I'll give the show that.

foxtrot3d

Banned
So Jane Johnson (UK Editor) continues to talk shit about the show:

https://us.beamly.com/tv-news/2015/05/06/george-r-r-martins-editor-slams-game-thrones-deviating-books/

@JaneJohnson said:
@photophoto I've never been happy that they made him a gay cartoon in the tv series: the characterization is much more nuanced in the books.

I really do think she needs to stop talking. It's one thing for random fans and critics to talk shit about the show, it's another when a person who represents Martin in some kind of professional or official capacity says shit. Like I said, if GRRM wants to say something about the changes he will until then be quiet and be happy he still lets you edit his work.

M.Bluth

So Jane Johnson (UK Editor) continues to talk shit about the show:

https://us.beamly.com/tv-news/2015/05/06/george-r-r-martins-editor-slams-game-thrones-deviating-books/

I really do think she needs to stop talking. It's one thing for random fans and critics to talk shit about the show, it's another when a person who represents Martin in some kind of professional or official capacity says shit. Like I said, if GRRM wants to say something about the changes he will until then be quiet and be happy he still lets you edit his work.

She's not wrong.

duckroll

I dunno, I would much rather see you stop talking for example. If GRRM has a problem with what she's saying, he can handle it. I'm sure he knows her far better than you do. He doesn't need you feel concerned for him. Editors are free to express their personal opinions too, don't be a douche.

Iksenpets

Banned
I'm just going to drop by and remind everyone that Rosabell Laurenti-Sellers (Tyene Sand) is younger than Sophie Turner.

Something to ponder.

I... Did not realize that.

On the subject of Tyene, I really hate her weird bikini-top outfit. I actually like the designs on Obara and Nym, and the whole group dynamic would be improved so much if they had made Tyene's style more distant from Nym, instead of wearing a way more awkward variant of the same dress.

She not allowed to have an opinion?

Eh, he's her client, and the show is his business venture that he draws income from. She has a right to her opinion, but I would agree it's unrpofessional to badmouth one of your client's projects he's working on with someone else, while promoting his project with you.

-griffy-

Banned
I don't think there's a problem with her voicing her opinion. She's not claiming to speak for GRRM or anything. That her tweets so far consist of little more than "The show is different, eww" with little substance, and that her position points to her having a very clear, probably unavoidable bias against the show doing its own thing makes it hard to take her opinion all that serious, but whatever. I'm not going to get worked up over what she says, in other words.

I think it is interesting that GRRM has made literally no mention of the show on his blog since the season began, though. Maybe he's practicing the mantra "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"...

I'd rather people just stopped talking about deviations all together. The books are the books, the show is the show. It's getting dull.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I dunno, I would much rather see you stop talking for example. If GRRM has a problem with what she's saying, he can handle it. I'm sure he knows her far better than you do. He doesn't need you feel concerned for him. Editors are free to express their personal opinions too, don't be a douche.

If I was GRRM I would be slightly irked that someone who represents me is out their shooting their mouth off and telling people what my "original intent" was. If he wants to speak out he would he doesn't require someone to do it for him. This isn't some fangirl or random blogger, this is his official editor. It's like if the President's Press Secretary was like "yeah, fuck John Boehner that dude's an asshole. Everyone should listen to the President because he knows what's up." His ass would be in trouble, it doesn't matter that the President might think that it's that he represents the Pres. and thus any comments he makes will reflect on the President. So shooting your mouth off without express permission by him is a no no.

I don't think there's a problem with her voicing her opinion. She's not claiming to speak for GRRM or anything. That her tweets so far consist of little more than "The show is different, eww" with little substance, and that her position points to her having a very clear, probably unavoidable bias against the show doing its own thing makes it hard to take her opinion all that serious, but whatever. I'm not going to get worked up over what she says, in other words.

I think it is interesting that GRRM has made literally no mention of the show on his blog since the season began, though. Maybe he's practicing the mantra "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"...

I'll say that being an editor isn't the same type of representative capacity as a Press Secretary but she still represents Martin in some fashion and claims to know the "correct" way to experience the story. GRRM is the only one who knows the "correct" story and he's the one meeting with D&D and keeping in contact with the show. If he has a problem with the show he'll say so until then people that represent him shouldn't speak for him.

duckroll

If I was GRRM

You're not though, so who cares what you think?

I'm just pointing out the irony here. You're bitching about someone "speaking for GRRM" when you're doing the same thing yourself. Except you don't even know him. You're just some random dude. At least she works with him.

Oh I agree. But there is still constantly a comparison, that at this point seems rather pointless.

The problem is that D&D know how things end so at least I am paranoid when things are going different from books because I never know if they are changing due to convenience or if it's an actual spoiler. Like, for example, this Ramsay and Sansa thing... where did this come from? Is it really because D&D didn't want to cast Jeyne Poole or is it because the Eyrie plot fails in Winds of Winter and Sansa never marries Harry the Heir so he is completely irrelevant? Why Euron doesn't appears? Is it because he will fail in his plans to conquer Dany in the next books? I know it's crazy but for everything, like a death that doesn't occur in the books, I really don't know if they are anticipating something.

The problem is that D&D know how things end so at least I am paranoid when things are going different from books because I never know if they are changing due to convenience or if it's an actual spoiler. Like, for example, this Ramsay and Sansa thing... where did this come from? Is it really because D&D didn't want to cast Jeyne Poole or is it because the Eyrie plot fails in Winds of Winter and Sansa never marries Harry the Heir so he is completely irrelevant? Why Euron doesn't appears? Is it because he will fail in his plans to conquer Dany in the next books? I know it's crazy but for everything, like a death that doesn't occur in the books, I really don't know if they are anticipating something.
Your fear isn't misplaced. The show will spoil the books and ruin many plot devices. It is inevitable.

Moff

I don't even think it's unlikely that GRRMs opinion is that far away from hers. however, complaining that book characters are more nuanced than the shows is kind of obvious, just like her last comment which was something like "if you want the authors version you need to read the book".
I don't really like it either, that loras was made the "gay knight" in the show, but complaining that minor characters are not as nuanced in the book when there is hardly room to do that for main characters, is just unnecessary because it is so obvious. she makes herself look spiteful and frustrated for little reason, honestly.

Euron

So is there any way Trystane=Aegon can still be a possibility? We're 4 episodes in and he hasn't had any screentime aside from a brief cameo or two. Have they even mentioned him by name yet?

Moff

So is there any way Trystane=Aegon can still be a possibility? We're 4 episodes in and he hasn't had any screentime aside from a brief cameo or two. Have they even mentioned him by name yet?

I still think it's a possibilty. he will become more prominent as soon as jaime gets there. and whatever aegon does that is important, it will happen in TWOW/season 6, so that would need little setup for trystane in season 5, a few minutes in episode 10 might suffice. and if trystane does not replace aegon, we can be sure he won't do anything important in TWOW.

-griffy-

Banned
Who is Trystane?

Trystane Martell, who was last seen on the show flirting with Myrcella in the background when Doran and Ellaria met earlier this season.

He'll assuredly be getting more screentime as Jaime and Bronne get closer to the water gardens and the overall Dorne cast gets more screentime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom