• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
tOD5WI7.png

jeyzus she went full ginger

HNnnGGG
?

Euron

Sorry for the double post but yep, my bet is 7 independent kingdoms and a burnt down red keep/kings landing at the end.
Think of Dany's vision that reappeared with Bran last season: The leftover wildfire caches will probably destroy most of King's Landing, dragons will burn holes through the Red Keep, snow will cover everything, and the Iron Throne will be destroyed.

I also think that in a twist of irony every great house aside from the Starks will be completely wiped out.

bengraven

You know, one of the big things I've been worried about lately, healthwise, is that I'm scared I won't survive to see my kid grow up (long story for another thread) and I think "I need to get better so I don't destroy this little guy's heart by becoming dad-less". I know he'd be traumatized without me - we're that close.

But then I've been thinking and another good reason is that by the time this fucking series is done, he's going to be able to drive. If I die soon, I'm never going to see Daarion Greyjoy sitting on the throne.

OH WAIT...there's HBO!

Think of Dany's vision that reappeared with Bran last season: The leftover wildfire caches will probably destroy most of King's Landing, dragons will burn holes through the Red Keep, snow will cover everything, and the Iron Throne will be destroyed.

I also think that in a twist of irony every great house aside from the Starks will be completely wiped out.

Agreed. KL will be abandoned, much like Harrenhal and they will build another capital. Maybe just for the winter.

Or the person who becomes King/Queen may in fact have lived there at some point (Tyrion?) and just not want to remember the shithole it was and the intrigue that went on.

Mxrz

Stannis wont survive the season. I'm more interested in how he goes out. Briene? Boltons flay him? Littlefinger betrayal? White Walker? Melisandre burns him to power up Zombie Jon? Dude has an entire 'wheel of death' of options.

Sansa winning the game would mean an entire season of Sansa-face. Can't see that happening.

Sure looks like Shireen is going to take the place of Mance's baby in some fashion. Not sure where they would go if they do the boat thing with Sam and Gilly. Seeing more of Bravos would be good.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You know, one of the big things I've been worried about lately, healthwise, is that I'm scared I won't survive to see my kid grow up (long story for another thread) and I think "I need to get better so I don't destroy this little guy's heart by becoming dad-less". I know he'd be traumatized without me - we're that close.

But then I've been thinking and another good reason is that by the time this fucking series is done, he's going to be able to drive. If I die soon, I'm never going to see Daarion Greyjoy sitting on the throne.

OH WAIT...there's HBO!

:/

;__;

Everything okay brah?

I've mentioned in the thread before, but what would be really cool is if the war of the four queens happens (Marg, Dany, Sansa, and Myrcella) and THEY'RE the ones who can put shit aside and unite against the Others vs the kings who couldn't get anything done.

Quite arguably the most useless person in the series, sure why not.

Dany seems more useless till date.

I've mentioned in the thread before, but what would be really cool is if the war of the four queens happens (Marg, Dany, Sansa, and Myrcella) and THEY'RE the ones who can put shit aside and unite against the Others vs the kings who couldn't get anything done.

You know nothing of Jon Snow

Violater

Dany seems more useless till date.

Bullshit...
Keeping a band of sick and lame dothraki alive for so long, freeing the slaves etc I would say she has done a whole lot more.
Though now I wonder.. are all the dothraki dead?
KuGsj.gif

Arya has had quite a bit less impact on the world than Sansa has.

Arya has been a stronger character day one, and has literallly fought to stay alive on many occasions.
If Sansa had the facial features of a frey girl not a single fuck would be given about her.

Pkaz01

Arya was one of the original characters created, whatever plan she has destined for her will be much more important that Sansa

My personal theory is she will die saving jon who will be under the control of Mel or the great other

Arya has been a stronger character day one, and has literallly fought to stay alive on many occasions.
If Sansa had the facial features of a frey girl not a single fuck would be given about her.

Strong != Impactful != Most Liked.
Sansa is a centerpiece in Littlefinger's scheme which is already changing the face of Westeros. Arya killed a few people and fucked off to Braavos. And yes, this may likely change in the future.

Also Sansa is strong as hell. She survived the death of her entire family and one of the most abusive relationships this side of Jeyne Poole and she's still politickin'.

Violater

Sansa is a centerpiece in Littlefinger's scheme which is already changing the face of Westeros. Arya killed a few people and fucked off to Braavos. And yes, this may likely change in the future.

Also Sansa is strong as hell. She survived the death of her entire family and one of the most abusive relationships this side of Jeyne Poole and she's still politickin'.

Every living stark child has "survived" the death of their parents/older brother.
Also survived? In every instance someone has had to step in and save Sansa.

Pkaz01

I dont know what game Littlefinger is playing but Arya is at the same time the centerpiece for the faceless men and they operate on a level across a much bigger picture. Littlefinger might have his impact on lords and ladies but that will be nothing in comparison to dragons and white walkers.

hoos30

This series (TV show especially) should have had a bit of a prologue. Maybe show a bit of the battle at the trident ala LOTR with Rhaegars rubies being scattered as he's struck down by Robert, show Tywin sacking Kings Landing, Jamie killing Aerys and Ned Stark finding him sitting on the Iron Throne, the Mountain killing Elia and her children, Dany and Viserys escaping, Maybe some of Stannis smashing the Ironborn fleet and The on being taken as a hostage etc.

Would have provided a lot of context and world building. Instead you have all of these forced name drops of history that people have no attachment to.
The pilot and first season barely got made at all. No way any off book scenes were ever going to get filmed.

Pluto

I always hear people talk about her ruling the North but that wouldn't be interesting at all.
I think it would be interesting and satisfying if the one Stark who wanted nothing more than to get away and move south is ultimately the one who successfully restores the North as an independent kingdom and tells the south to fuck off.

Is there actually a better candidate for the throne at the end than Sansa? Littlefinger and Stannis are going to die, Jon is all about that honor and will never leave the Night's Watch, Dany is a terrible ruler who can't even have any heirs, and Tyrion (at least show Tyrion) would be super cliche. I always hear people talk about her ruling the North but that wouldn't be interesting at all.

Ever since the Maggy the frog prophecy I have thought that Sansa will actually be the queen the replace Cersei in the end, not Margery. I could see her marrying Jon or Aegon if one sits the throne in the end.

Burt

Is Stannis really going to die? :(
Well he definitely can't be king, and he definitely won't settle for anything less than being king. At least, that's how book Stannis is. But if he gets it eventually in the books, odds are we'll see him bite the dust even sooner in the show.

Patriots7

Ever since the Maggy the frog prophecy I have thought that Sansa will actually be the queen the replace Cersei in the end, not Margery. I could see her marrying Jon or Aegon if one sits the throne in the end.
I thought so also. Which is why I thought Sansa/Aegon made some sense in a way (He's technically already Dornish, so should have Dorne's backing anyway. With Sansa he gets Riverlands/North).

Lol, we thought Sansa would rally the North, but it seems this entire story is to reawaken Theon.

gspec

Ii is Dany who maggy spoke of. Cersei seems to not be aware of dany in the show or books. That is the irony of the prophecy, Cersei terrorizes Sansa and Margery because she though one of them would replace her when it will be dany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom