• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

Okay, now, you can't do that. Dany being forced to marry Hizdahr was good because it exacerbated internal conflict between Mereen and Westeros. Her offering it herself just makes her look... shortsighted, to say the least.

And a Westerosi Sunfish going through Valyria? Okay.

Altazor

goddamn, that stone men scene looked almost exactly as I pictured when I first read it... except for the characters, of course. But the visuals... eerily similar. Loved it.

In any case, RIP Griff and Young Griff (?)

Kaladin

I'm starting to wonder if they streamlined the book plots and eliminated Aegon all together.

Surely they skip the whole Second Sons bit too, right?

aceface

Well I guess grayscale really is important to the plot somehow. I wonder what's coming up with that.

RIP Griff and his subplot. You could tell it wasn't really going anywhere anyways.

That Sam scene is pretty intriguing. It develops Randyll Tarly, establishes Oldtown and a reason for Sam to go there. But I can't see the show actually putting in Oldtown with its casting and set requirements.

Missandei.

giphy.gif

Kaladin

So the big battle this year seems to be Stannis taking Winterfell....or is something else on the horizon that I'm forgetting?

Lautaro

I called it, I knew Jorah would become Connington... makes me sad though.

All Stannis team leaving together leaves me full of questions.

Really strong episode, the show almost always excels when they are able to dive a little deeper into fewer plots in a single episode, and they did that well here.

The Valyria/Stone Men scenes were great, absolutely gorgeous cinematography. RIP Jorah :/

Random adaption comment: very interesting to see everyone in the Stannis camp leave Castle Black...

Pretty good episode:

- Dany scenes were bad and felt rushed. How does randomly killing a family leader solve anything lol. What if the harpies aren't family leaders? Won't the members of that family want revenge for his death? Also marriage proposal out of fucking nowhere.

- Sam definitely has to go to Oldtown now. Even if we don't see it they need an excuse for him to get away from the wall when Jon gets "killed" since he's literally the only dude that wants to save the wildlings too. Also I'm guessing we'll get something with that Tarly/Targ connection that was dropped.

- While Littlefinger's scheme is incredibly stupid, I really like Sansa's storyline. Especially the Roose/Ramsay interactions.

- Missandei/Grey Worm literally the worst.

- The candle in the tower thing... I'm guessing that'll be the moment when Theon gets Sansa out of Winterfell?

- Also I'm guessing Jorah will last just long enough to accomplish something amazing with Dany. There's no other way!

Definitely a cool episode. The Valyria bit was pretty awesome. Stone Men, *shivers*.

Also, anyone else overthinking the line about the Children using Dragonglass? Makes me wonder about the WW and the Children's relationship.

LordCanti

Mel going with Stannis makes me think Stannis wins but only because the wife burns poor Shireen while he's not looking :/ I'm not sure what that means for Jon yet. I can't imagine them not having the stabbing in there but I also don't know what happens if she's not around.

Everything at Valyria was fantastic. It very easily could have been cheesy but they managed to pull it off.

The Meereen and Winterfell scenes were about as good as they could be I suppose. I liked the Winterfell scenes more than I did the ones in Meereen. Brienne getting a message to Sansa via a random servant using the servant information network (that seems to run on candles and whispers) was... well... alright, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom