• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

Yeah I hate this. And even though it's been good, Jon / The Wall has been in every episode thus far with significant screen time.

Give some of the plotlines a break too, ya know.
Dany's storyline has been the worst. This season has shown very little of Arya and Tyrion so far

Epcott

So many changes from the book... I can't even keep track of them all anymore. So the entire army with Stanis clan are just going to march into Winterfel without recon of any kind? That seems, unreasonable.

Speevy

Banned
So many changes from the book... I can't even keep track of them all anymore. So the entire army with Stanis clan are just going to march into Winterfel without recon of any kind? That seems, unreasonable.

Snow's coming. Recon takes too long. March now. Snow. Death. Destroy them.

Stannis does have some kind of skirmish (House Baratheon video with Stannis with a bloodied face), though, but I'm not sure if it's with the Greyjoys or the Boltons.

The Greyjoys? Who are they? The show has basically forgotten about them at this point. Hell, Balon is just going to bide his time and win the Iron Throne cause everyone forgot about the Greyjoys.

Speevy

Banned
The Greyjoys? Who are they? The show has basically forgotten about them at this point. Hell, Balon is just going to bide his time and win the Iron Throne cause everyone forgot about the Greyjoys.

tumblr_mn5af5Bqmu1qddfrco2_500.gif

tumblr_mn5af5Bqmu1qddfrco3_500.gif

Speevy

Banned
I was a little confused about something.

Isn't feeding someone to your dragons one of those "one step too far" situations? I expected Dany to start killing everyone, but then she went back to compromising.

You can't come back from dragons eating innocent people.

Oh, and sorry House Targaryen lovers. Dany is definitely the endgame villain of the show.

glaw52

I was a little confused about something.

Isn't feeding someone to your dragons one of those "one step too far" situations? I expected Dany to start killing everyone, but then she went back to compromising.

You can't come back from dragons eating innocent people.

Oh, and sorry House Targaryen lovers. Dany is definitely the endgame villain of the show.

How dare you say that! Take it back!
Please

Pennywise

Some people seem to think because Ramsay mocked the North Remembers line tonight, and that lady said it (twice now, even if it was a different lady before) that that means Ramsay is setting up Sansa. I agree, I think it was from Brienne.

Could be Manderly and his gang, but I bet they cut the major part from these scenes as well...

We need to do a counter of episodes until Dany says "Burn them all. Burn them in their houses and in their beds."

Episode 9.

Shireen in daylight - that greyscale looks magnificently done

We all want Stannis to win the Battle of WInterfell. Which almost guarantees that he will lose.

:(

Let him win one battle before dying

I didn't like the Sansa/Bolton dinner scene much. Felt like too much of a reprise of Sansa just getting tormented by other people and being helpless to do anything about it. I was hoping we'd see her playing them.

So show really is going to show no Varys until Ep 10?

I didn't like the Sansa/Bolton dinner scene much. Felt like too much of a reprise of Sansa just getting tormented by other people and being helpless to do anything about it. I was hoping we'd see her playing them.

It was more about the Roose-Ramsay relationship. Really have no idea how this is going to play out which for a show based on the book is a rare treat.

Speevy

Banned
Episode 9.

Shireen in daylight - that greyscale looks magnificently done

We all want Stannis to win the Battle of WInterfell. Which almost guarantees that he will lose.

:(

Let him win one battle before dying

I dunno. Roose did use the giant board game map thing. Everyone who uses that seems to lose.

glaw52

We need to do a counter of episodes until Dany says "Burn them all. Burn them in their houses and in their beds."

She'll just give a big fuck you to Meereen and burn them all when she decides to leave. But she'll never leave so I we don't have to worry about that.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Only two minor things I didn't like about this episode.

1. That Jorah actually sailed through Valyria and the Smoking Sea. They could have had him sail near anywhere else along the way and still do the Stone Men plot but I think the show really just needed to drop some backstory for Valyria and thus kill two birds with one stone. It's forgivable since show is show, book are books, but it still sorta shocks me since we all know that NO ONE sails through Valyria unless you are a certain Crow Eyed Greyjoy and even that hasn't been substantiated.

2. No mention of Egg during the Kill the Boy speech. He was already mentioned before by Aemon all those seasons back and it would be like two additional lines to add point to what he was telling Jon Snow. Again, SUPER minor but I still would have liked him to mention that he gave that same advice to Egg so that Jon knows he's speaking from experience.

Besides that the episode was pretty good and we now are getting a much fuller picture at what this steamlined GoT experieince will look like.

She can't possibly be killing Stannis and rescuing Sansa in the same season.

She won't rescue Sansa.

Theon will eventually tell Sansa and Bran and Rickon are alive. Sansa will send Brienne to get them. Another new oath if you may.

I at least still want to believe that Stannis doesn't die. But maybe Brienne kills him on the way to get Bran/Rickon coming across Stannis's army stuck due to snow.

foxtrot3d

Banned
She won't rescue Sansa.

Theon will eventually tell Sansa and Bran and Rickon are alive. Sansa will send Brienne to get them. Another new oath if you may.

I at least still want to believe that Stannis doesn't die. But maybe Brienne kills him on the way to get Bran/Rickon coming across Stannis's army stuck due to snow.

NO! I refuse to accept any situation where Brienne kills Stannis even though it would be so poetic as to tempt D&D. Please, for the love of the Old Gods, the New Gods, R'hllor, and the Seven, if Stannis must die let it not be at the hands of Brienne.

EDIT:

Moving past Stannis, do we still think that Jorah and Tyrion will get kidnapped by slavers?

Only two minor things I didn't like about this episode.

1. That Jorah actually sailed through Valyria and the Smoking Sea. They could have had him sail near anywhere else along the way and still do the Stone Men plot but I think the show really just needed to drop some backstory for Valyria and thus kill two birds with one stone. It's forgivable since show is show, book are books, but it still sorta shocks me since we all know that NO ONE sails through Valyria unless you are a certain Crow Eyed Greyjoy and even that hasn't been substantiated.

Look at this fool who doesn't realize that Jorah is Euron.

Speevy

Banned
NO! I refuse to accept any situation where Brienne kills Stannis even though it would be so poetic as to tempt D&D. Please, for the love of the Old Gods, the New Gods, R'hllor, and the Seven, if Stannis must die let it not be at the hands of Brienne.

Better Brienne than Ramsay.

Unless you'd like to see Stannis flayed?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
lol @ Greyjoy gif

Sucks they've been forgotten, I've liked the actor they chose as Balon, and wished for more scenes, even if they had progressed that storyline far passed the bridge moment.

Also kind of feel this Bolton Babby storyline will end with Ramsey killing off Dad, Walda and baby, followed by Stannis showing up and winning Winterfell by anticlimatic default.

If this all ends with the Boltons winning over Stannis and Sansa tortured to death, mark me down for "The show ends with the snowy apocalypse" ending.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Look at this fool who doesn't realize that Jorah is Euron.

It all makes sense now. And people thought they dropped the Greyjoy plot when it's been staring us in the face the whole time. Just wait, Jorah will meet Moqorro who will cure his hand so we can get Vicatarion in him as well.

Better Brienne than Ramsay.

Unless you'd like to see Stannis flayed?

I actually would consider that better, Stannis is the Bolton's enemy so they have every right to slay him. Also, they're the villains of the story. Brienne is just salty that the One True King beat his pretender/traitor brother, I won't allow her to stop the one man trying to save the Kingdom. If she does that then I'd be done with her character and would basically consider her a villain.

fawaz

Banned
I've been with stabbed from day one. Even when everyone was saying how mush of an asshole he was. So far, he has done nothing wrong in my eyes. This worries me. I am afraid he will fall to GRRM's bloodlust for agreeable characters soon.

Speevy

Banned
Can Greyscale make you into "The Thing" temporarily? I'd like to see Jorah punch someone across the room with a boulder fist.

Does that greyscale disease kill you or just drive you insane or something? Those guys infected with it seemed, well, alive at least.

Also, how long does Jorah have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom