• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not

Banned
totally agreed. I'm just praying that they kill all of them off soon and introduce an Arianne Martell who does a way better accent then that one girl with the spear (shudder)

EDIT: the Actor for Doran is good, but all of his scenes so far seem inconsequential, so it's more on the writers than the actor, director and set designers.

Is Doran the guy who has yet to get out of his chair

Speevy

Banned
- The dragged out Ayra storyline

SIjMzDY.gif

Damerman

you know, I agree with you and disagree with him now that i think about(so i guess the post wasn't that spot on). If there is one character this show is doing justice it's Arya... From the scenes with Tywin to her submerging herself in the unknown in this season, she is still one of my favorites.

Speevy

Banned
Dorann "You haven't had to use that axe in a long time."
Areo "No, my prince."
Dorann "I hope you remember how."
Areo "I remember how."
Areo "You haven't had to use those legs in a long time."

*record skip*

Massa

I hope at least the scenes with Jaime and Doran are good. Thought this plot couldn't get any worse but that Bronn/Tyene leak... wow.

Doran is the badass that doesn't even feel the need to impress other people, but he's a background character now.

He doesn't really have a huge role in AFFC until he arrests the Sand Snakes anyway. He's got that and he's got his big speech toward the end, but if you cut his conversations with Arianne/(Ellaria) there's not a ton for him to do in the first half of the show, tbh.

Reading the separate rape thread made me think if those "for rape" people would change their mind if they've read the books.
Man, D&D! We have a calm, calculating mastermind, but all they focused on are medieval comic heroes that suck at fighting.

It's why I'm going to stop talking about that scene and stay out of that thread. How can you argue that the scene is fine if you can't even understand the other side's arguments because of spoilers?

nib95

Banned

Arya is one of my favourite characters, and as much as I am intrigued by the potential of her story arch, they are spending way too much time on it, or at least parts of it. Endlessly cleaning dead bodies, continuously arguing with people about who she is or isn't, plodding around this Church or whatever it is. The amount of screen time spent on these things to me just does not warrant the reward at the end, for example the thousands of faces reveal, which I'm sure many guessed would be the case ages ago, even without ever having read the books (which I haven't by the way).

Speevy

Banned
Arya is one of my favourite characters, and as much as I am intrigued by the potential of her story arch, they are spending way too much time on it, or at least parts of it. Endlessly cleaning dead bodies, continuously arguing with people about who she is or isn't, plodding around this Church or whatever it is. The amount of screen time spent on these things to me just does not warrant the reward at the end, for example the thousands of faces reveal, which I'm sure many guessed would be the case ages ago, even without ever having read the books (which I haven't by the way).

Sometimes world building goes a long way. I've never seen Braavos and I loved the House of Black and White. The whole sequence is straight class, especially compared to some other scenes in the same episode.

Iksenpets

Banned
The Sand Snakes sounded cool from the ASIOF wiki synopses. How did D&D fuck them up so bad?

Dorne has more going on in the books than just reveeeeeeenge. There are like politics and actual family dynamics too. And they very quickly move on from the idea of killing Myrcella to something less murderous as their plan, because they're actual human beings who have spent time with this girl over the past however long it's been instead of blood thirsty revenge machines. A lot of people didn't like Dorne in the books either, but it's so much better than this.

nib95

Banned
Sometimes world building goes a long way. I've never seen Braavos and I loved the House of Black and White. The whole sequence is straight class, especially compared to some other scenes in the same episode.

It was definitely better than some of the other scenes in the episode, but I think that says more about the lack of quality of the latter. Personally my favourite two scenes in the episode were the two head to head discussions with Cersei, the one's involving Little Finger (expertly playing the game of thrones) and Lady Olenna (a miniature clash of power and wit).

Speevy

Banned
I don't think anyone has talked about this, but if Cersei had Tommen issue a royal decree, does that mean Roose is no longer the warden of the north according to the crown?

Is there anything that would seriously make anyone in this thread drop the show at this point? Serious question, not being snarky.

Like, if Stannis loses conclusively and/or dies this year, I think I'm kind of done. I know he's not winning in the long run but if he just gets stomped by the Boltons I think that's it for me.

Speevy

Banned
Is there anything that would seriously make anyone in this thread drop the show at this point? Serious question, not being snarky.

Like, if Stannis loses conclusively and/or dies this year, I think I'm kind of done. I know he's not winning in the long run but if he just gets stomped by the Boltons I think that's it for me.

If Ramsay Bolton single-handedly stops Stannis and his army, I'm done.

giga

Killing Tyrion, Arya, or Jon Snow before GRRM has the chance to.

Snake

Are you going to stop reading the books if it happens there too?

duckroll

I don't think anyone has talked about this, but if Cersei had Tommen issue a royal decree, does that mean Roose is no longer the warden of the north according to the crown?

No, I think he only gets the title if he succeeds. The royal decree is to give him authority to rally the forces of the Vale to march on Winterfell. It probably says something like "to defeat the forces of the false king Stannis, and bring the traitor Sansa to justice".

Iksenpets

Banned

I think I'm in it til the end just out of curiosity. Watching may become hate watching, but I doubt I'll leave.

Speevy

Banned
No, I think he only gets the title if he succeeds. The royal decree is to give him authority to rally the forces of the Vale to march on Winterfell. It probably says something like "to defeat the forces of the false king Stannis, and bring the traitor Sansa to justice".

Well, whatever it says, I have a feeling the Boltons get wind of it next episode.

Zolo

What if he gets killed by Brienne?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I thought it was unclear if he's really dead.

I assumed it was going to be some Melisandre magic that has to bring him back. Him being alive still would be far preferable. He is coming back either way as a character.

So Brienne is definitely taking the place of Asha right?

Dysun

I'll watch and hate until the bitter end.

Regardless of what they say, someone would have to actually remove the Boltons from power, hence Littlefinger saying he could use the Vale's troops to attack the Boltons.

Cersei isn't going to send troops to attack the Boltons, and arguably doesn't even have anyone she could command to do so anyways. Kevan is in charge of the Lannister forces and there's no way he'd have any interest in doing that and the alliance with the Tyrells is essentially dead. Those two and the Vale forces are the major forces that are "in the fold" as they say.

They are cool in the books. I mean, they are fucking the entire Dorne plot.
No Arianne is the Dorne plot and she's cool, but they forced her character onto Ellaria and fucked up her actual plot and motivation. Only noteworthy and cool sand snake is the one the show has written off.

Funny thing is that the the people that I would of thought that would be really pissed about the episode(Elio and Linda) were not. Excluding the Dorne stuff they thought it was a really solid episode.

MikeyB

If the pace doesn't pick up next episode, I'm through. The wedding took longer than Ned's execution and the acting is approaching soap opera levels of long meaningful looks.

Jeels

Man. The reactions to the Sansa scene are making me Want to drop following the game of thrones fan community. The scene is nothing special and honestly expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom