• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
I disregard your wikipedia quote, Tence. :D Seriously though, in this context we were talking about Sansa just being a girl going through puberty, a 9-year-old is well clear off that classification.

Chuckie

I disregard your wikipedia quote, Tence. :D Seriously though, in this context we were talking about Sansa just being a girl going through puberty, a 9-year-old is well clear off that classification.

This is true. Sansa really acts as an annoying teen a phase Arya hasn't reached yet and because of circumstances also probably will never reach.

It's not just adolescence though, I do think Arya has a totally different character than her sis. Had Arya grown up normally in Winterfell I still think she would have acted different than Sansa, even as a teen.

Jetman

Sansa is apparently locked in her room and raped every night but that old hag can't take a clue? Light the candle yourself why don't you? Isnt she her maid?
Yeah, not sure what Brienne is planning. She could, uh have Pod or herself actually infiltrate Winterfell ahead of time and plan instead of sitting around.

Exactly. No one in Winterfell should be blind to Sansa's bruises and abuse. I'm sure the maid and others can and have heard or seen her in those three days. She obviously needs help. What's the hold-up?
Brienne being near there is just as dumb to me as Jamie/Bronn in Dorne or Littlefinger in Kings Landing. It makes no sense.

TRios Zen

I think the show is making me feel (much like the book did by end of ADWD) a "masochistic fatigue"; I'm kinda done seeing the characters I care about lose.

And we know that we are likely still to see this season Jon getting stabbed and Stannis be in a worse position then he is now (possibly losing Shireen).

I get that this is GRRMs shtick but man it's been depressing to tune in over the last few episodes.

Chuckie

Maybe the Broken Tower is protected by a Seal of the North which will only open to one who has Stark Blood in them?

I was seriously thinking this:

386315-harp-seal-1.jpg

foxtrot3d

Banned
the high sparrow is delusional if he thinks he represents "the many". the tyrell threat is very real.

Really? I don't think it's a real threat at all. First, Olenna is acting like they can just turn the food off with a switch when in fact the food is harvested by the common folk. Do you really think that all their commoners would be okay with no longer feeding people in KL, especially if many have family there. Of course the real hole in the threat is the fact that the only thing such an action would so is turn the people against the Tyrells. It's hard to imagine the people getting upset at the Faith especially when they seem to finally bring about justice in such a war torn and savage country. The Tyrells would be pulled down if they insisted on such a course of action.

Really? I don't think it's a real threat at all. First, Olenna is acting like they can just turn the food off with a switch when in fact the food is harvested by the common folk. Do you really think that all their commoners would be okay with no longer feeding people in KL, especially if many have family there. Of course the real hole in the threat is the fact that the only thing such an action would so is turn the people against the Tyrells. It's hard to imagine the people getting upset at the Faith especially when they seem to finally bring about justice in such a war torn and savage country. The Tyrells would be pulled down if they insisted on such a course of action.

The Tyrells already cut off the food supply to King's Landing when they were backing Renly, it's something well within their power. The peasants don't care where their grain is shipped (and probably don't know anything but vague details about who the High Sparrow even is), and if they did they'd be powerless to do anything about it. And an urban mob is not going to pull the Tyrells down. The threat to the Tyrells here is that Margaery and Loras are hostages.

Massa

Brienne's story in the show pisses me off.
So, she's pretty much just sitting in a room, staring at a broken tower, and waiting for a candle to be lit? The fuck she thinks is going on with Sansa? Does she actually believe Sansa is enjoying her honeymoon to Ramsay? And what happens when a candle is lit? Do her and Pod just single-handedly take all of Winterfell's new residents on?If there is a plan in place to save Sansa once a candle is lit, why not just do it now? It's not like the North is getting any warmer...

She's already been rejected by both Sansa and Arya. Infiltrating a castle to get rejected again would be extremely dumb, even for Brienne.

foxtrot3d

Banned
The Tyrells already cut off the food supply to King's Landing when they were backing Renly, it's something well within their power. The peasants don't care where their grain is shipped (and probably don't know anything but vague details about who the High Sparrow even is), and if they did they'd be powerless to do anything about it. And an urban mob is not going to pull the Tyrells down. The threat to the Tyrells here is that Margaery and Loras are hostages.

C'mon dude, the common people don't know who the equivalent of the Pope is in their world? Nah man, they know and they care. The general population of KL have turned to religion hard in these trying times and are unlikely to take kindly to Lords trying to squash the one organization that seems to be doing good.

Violet_0

Banned
finally Tyrion gets to meet Dani, that should make the Meereen parts somewhat more entertaining. The Dorn story is still fucking lol

C'mon dude, the common people don't know who the equivalent of the Pope is in their world? Nah man, they know and they care. The general population of KL have turned to religion hard in these trying times and are unlikely to take kindly to Lords trying to squash the one organization that seems to be doing good.

He hasn't been High Septon very long, why would the peasants in the Reach harvesting that grain know much about him? The unruly peasants are in the devastated Riverlands, not the Reach. The urban populace could riot and cause issues, but that's not a threat that could topple the Tyrells. With their huge army they could crush any unrest. The issue is Loras and Margaery being captive.

Jetman

Maybe the Broken Tower is protected by a Seal of the North which will only open to one who has Stark Blood in them?

Didn't Jamie bone Cersei up there? :p

She's already been rejected by both Sansa and Arya. Infiltrating a castle to get rejected again would be extremely dumb, even for Brienne.

Brienne is waiting there for signs that Sansa is in trouble. From an audience perspective she should know Sansa is in trouble from the townspeople. Or at least show us a scene where she's unsure of that fact somehow. At the very least, I'm sure by now everyone has heard of the maid who got flayed trying to help Sansa, so if Brienne isn't on her way to freeing Sansa soon, I don't think my mind will change on this.

Honestly, cutting crackclaw point has ruined the show.

Agreed. That was an intense battle for me in the book. Same with the battle with Biter/Rorge where Gendry saved her.Was on the edge of my seat reading the book thinking she was done for in both of those. And she comes away from it scarred and damaged which to me is a big part of her character.

This is true. Sansa really acts as an annoying teen a phase Arya hasn't reached yet and because of circumstances also probably will never reach.

It's not just adolescence though, I do think Arya has a totally different character than her sis. Had Arya grown up normally in Winterfell I still think she would have acted different than Sansa, even as a teen.
Yep, Sansa never really treated Jon well and always dreamed of Southron castles. Arya always connected with Jon the most.

Real Hero

Switching topics a bit, is anyone else sorta less hyped about Tyrion meeting Dany since fAegon doesn't exist?

The set up in the books is way more dramatic, with Tyrion influencing the decisions of Aegon and the sellswords outside meereen, he's the center of these major developments. Hopefully they don't relegate him to Barristan levels of importance. I guess it depends on what happens after the pit, they might just have Dany on her way to Westeros by the end of this season which would be better for keeping Tyrion's importance.

Forkball

I really enjoyed this episode, maybe the best one of the season. All the scenes were handled really well, even the sand snakes one (and no, not because of the nudity, but browsweat.jpg) and we got some great acting performances, especially from the High Sparrow. He has been amazing to watch this season. I still don't like how they have turned Sansa into a prisoner who gets raped nightly, but if they're going to go that route they are at least effectively conveying all they need to about Ramsay, Reek, and Sansa. I loved Sansa straight up calling him a bastard. We need more of LF Sansa and less victim Sansa. I still don't know what the hell LF's plan is this season, although not knowing what he's up to is part of the fun of LF even if he is seemingly far stupider than his book counterpart.

Also, even when covered in dirt and wearing a burlap sack, Natalie Dormer is still hot.

Switching topics a bit, is anyone else sorta less hyped about Tyrion meeting Dany since fAegon doesn't exist?

I dunno, I think it's going to be pretty great. I'm looking forward to many "now let me get this straight..." and "...you did WHAT?!" conversations between the two of them while Tyrion pinches the bridge of his nose.

from the wiki:

He can't just arm them and then tell them to disband peacefully. In the books the crown owes the Faith an enormous debt which they agree to waive and also crown Tommen in return for the right to have their own military. Which I imagine was more like the Templars not the beggar knife wielders of the show.

The military wing of the Faith Militant feature a lot of knights, not skinny friars with clubs. The show has gone out of its way to make all this look ridiculous.

bengraven

Some of the show summaries say that Ramsay had set up his office in the Broken Tower and that, suddenly paranoid at being caught, Theon blabbered.

Then others are saying that Theon just skipped the Broken Tower and went straight to Ramsay, who has an office somewhere else and he revealed everything.

I'm still not sure which is which.

Real Hero

Some of the show summaries say that Ramsay had set up his office in the Broken Tower and that, suddenly paranoid at being caught, Theon blabbered.

Then others are saying that Theon just skipped the Broken Tower and went straight to Ramsay, who has an office somewhere else and he revealed everything.

The second

I love the thought of Ramsay having an office. After a tough day of sending ravens and hanging out at the mead-cooler with coworkers, he heads home to his loving wife.

Kain

I love the thought of Ramsay having an office. After a tough day of sending ravens and hanging out at the mead-cooler with coworkers, he heads home to his loving wife.

We are missing his band of friendly coworkers though. I would have liked to see those jolly rapists and skinners joking around and grabbing beers.

I'll just say this: It looks like we were wrong about Euraario.

Something should be going up on Watchers over the next hour or two. I won't be able to link it as I'm just in my lunch break now.

Wrong about it in the showverse right? Eurarrio can't exist if the Greyjoys aren't in the show anymore. It's still totally real in the books.

Paganmoon

I'll just say this: It looks like we were wrong about Euraario.

Something should be going up on Watchers over the next hour or two. I won't be able to link it as I'm just in my lunch break now.

We were wrong in thinking it was a long running joke? So in other words, it's real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom