• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

I know this is crazy but...

Leading Actress, in her early 40’s, she’s an elegant actress with a traveling theatre company. Fun, charismatic, rum-drinking actress in the troupe.

Priestess. Mid-20’s to early 30’s. Any ethnicity- she’s beautiful, intense, and magnetic.

Fierce Warrior, a tall man in 30’s or 40’s with a powerful physique. They’re looking for someone with “mixed ethnicity” for the role.

Septa Lemure and Duck? The actress could be with them. Maybe a truncated version of Tyrion's boat story, maybe Penny is remixed like Jeyne Westerling had to be?

Wouldn't you need a magic tree at the tower of joy for bran to witness it though ?

Fucking fantasy man...

foxtrot3d

Banned
Sweet dear God Almighty, Euron is fucking in! FUCK YES! This show has been officially saved and S6 confirmed to be the best season. And Randyll Tarly, I can only take so much awesomeness, just give me Ray Stevenson as Victarion and I'll be happy. I also really hope all the Euraario sadness it just a joke, people can't seriously believe in the theory, can they?

Wouldn't you need a magic tree at the tower of joy for bran to witness it though ?

Who says there wasn't one there in the HBOverse?

Sweet dear God Almighty, Euron is fucking in! FUCK YES! This show has been officially saved and S6 confirmed to be the best season. And Randyll Tarly, I can only take so much awesomeness, just give me Ray Stevenson as Victarion and I'll be happy. I also really hope all the Euraario sadness it just a joke, people can't seriously believe in the theory, can they?
It's mostly a joke now. Last year though, this thread was full of believers. And don't underestimate the dumb theories reddit and youtube can convince people are true. There are even people who think Preston Jacobs is a genius.

bengraven

Not all the weirdwoods are cut down in the south.

You don't think Rhaggy would take his beloved to some place where her gods were not?

Uhhhh yeah. Yeah...we...uh...we're just joking...

bengraven

All right.

Pirate - DAARIO 2.0
Father - RANDY
Mother - MAMA "MAMA T" TARLY
Sister - LIL TARLY aka LILSTREETHU$TLE T
Brother - DICKHEAD TARLY
Priest - MERIBALD
Leading Actress - FROM ARYA/MERCY'S STORY
Priestess - LEMURE ?
Fierce Warrior - DUCK ?
A large boy - ROBERT
12 year old boy - BRANDON
7 year old boy - NED

Why though? Tyrion is already in Meereen as of next week.

Maybe someone else? Maybe Mereen burns after Drogon swipes Dany and Jorah, Grey Worm and Missandei (LOL like they'll survive) and Tyrion end up going on the boat trip to Westeros.

Just speculating here.

Wait. They are gonna adapt the dreadfully lame iron island plot but not stone heart? What kind of bullshit is this

I'll take vikings over undead Lady Justice anyday.

Totally serious about Euraario. It's a pride thing now.

YOU FUCKING GO BOY.

tumblr_inline_mt1vnugNgk1qz4rgp.gif

Clearly they're not casting Victarion because they've already locked Arnold Schwarzenegger after they sent Emilia Clarke to negotiate during Terminator filming.

D&D pls

Imagine Mads & Arnold yelling at each other in Game of Thrones.

If we're going with crazy theories, I rather like Preston Jacob's "Donal Noye ate his own arm" one.
"In the book they're interrupted by a guy named Donal Noye. Noye used to work for House Baratheon and lost his arm in the siege of Storm's End. The character is a big riddle because you have to ask yourself why would someone lose an arm in a siege. Later from Davos and Stannis we find out everyone was starving during the siege so we can kind of piece everything together: It seems Donal ate his arm and was sent to the Wall for his crime."

It's fucking gold.

Real Hero

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";165232902]Clearly they're not casting Victarion because they've already locked Arnold Schwarzenegger after they sent Emilia Clarke to negotiate during Terminator filming.

D&D pls[/QUOTE]
Oh wow that would be amazing hahaha

Moff

I never gave up hope on pyke, because they didn't kill balon.
mads mikkelsen as euron and ian mcshane as tarly, do it

bengraven

Watch Euron have 2 minutes of show time like Mance and Doran.

That would be perfect for someone who already has a full time show and just wants to come in and spend some time in makeup with friends.

Here is our future Euron auditioning with Iwan Rheon.

tumblr_mo0ybn6lPW1rvtlumo7_500.gif

If we're going with crazy theories, I rather like Preston Jacob's "Donal Noye ate his own arm" one.

It's fucking gold.

Fuck why not? Let's just pile all these limes in my lap and try and juggle them.

Tyrion is still a Targ.

Showaddy

So seems like Randyll will replace the Tyrell Bros in battling Euron whilst playing off the Sam/Oldtown storyline. Sounds awesome.

Vic & Moqorro probably still dead though.

Even if Vic getting cast was Ray Stevenson getting nabbed to play Blackbeard is a major kick in the balls for my fancasting.
ray-stevenson-black-sails-blackbeard.jpg

Moff

what if GRRM struck a deal with D&D and they agreed to use the rest of AFFC/ADWD and write the whole season by themselves so he could catch up`? watch dany lose her dragons AGAIN and look for them in the dothraki sea

Euron

I'll just say this: It looks like we were wrong about Euraario.

Something should be going up on Watchers over the next hour or two. I won't be able to link it as I'm just in my lunch break now.
BULLSHIT

I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT RIGHT NOW

what if GRRM struck a deal with D&D and they agreed to use the rest of AFFC/ADWD and write the whole season by themselves so he could catch up`? watch dany lose her dragons AGAIN and look for them in the dothraki sea

Why would HBO make this deal? They can't be stalling anyway, we already know that most of the characters are going to be out of material (or nearly so) in three episodes and they aren't going to disappear for a year.
Or 15 if they really wanted GRRM to catch up.

Iksenpets

Banned
Casting!

Euron and Randyll confirmed!

I forgot Sam had a sister. That's a whole lot of Tarly family. I wonder if that's a book thing and he'll run into them all in Oldtown or if the show is doing its own thing there.

Also, no Oldtown characters. I would have thought Sarella and maybe Marwyn would've been big ones for this season. Maybe they're just not on this call though.

Sounds like Arya's time with the theater company is being worked in. That would seem to kill the idea that they'll merge her into Oldtown in place of Jaqen, unless the troupe travels to Oldtown.

And Weirwood flashbacks are pretty much confirmed for Bran. That should be cool.

The rest of the characters? No idea. No sign of any Dothraki, which would add to the mounting evidence that that's being cut entirely.

Kuroyume

Banned
Mads should never give this show a thought.

It would be a total waste of his talent. Especially with how freaking lame the iron born are on this show.

ultron87

It's a weird thing to know that "years" have past since Myrcella was sent to Dorne. That puts a time stamp on how much time has passed since Season 2. A lot of other storylines really don't feel like that much time has passed.

Kain

I wonder why cast Euron now? Vic's purpose is to give Dany boats and win the battle of Meereen, then he is toast (get it? ha ha ha ha) so he is useless for the show. I always thought Euron was going to be the magical big bad guy of the series while LF was the politician big bad guy, but introducing him now is bad for that purpose as they are setting up the White Walkers for that role already, so... what's Euron role to play? Just a pirate fucking with the Tyrells so they withdraw their support of the Lannisters? I seriously can't see what they want with Euron at this stage.

My mind is full of fuck right now.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Mads should never give this show a thought.

It would be a total waste of his talent. Especially with how freaking lame the iron born are on this show.

Yeah sure...

I don't want want Mads simply because I've never pictured him as Euron. In my mind someone younger would play him, I thought Daario #1 would be a perfect Euron if he dyed his hair.

Arya kills Balon
denzel-washington-training-day-boom-reaction-Denzel-1384336932f.gif

...yeah, that could happen but it's just so late and pointless now. I figured Asha mentions Balon dying when she has a scene this season and that will convince Stannis to act but I struggle to care about anything the Ironborn do now. They gave us Theon and that's all they need to do.

Regarding this week's episode, the official synopsis is as follows:

Arya makes progress in her training. Sansa confronts an old friend. Cersei (Lena Headey) struggles. Jon travels.

Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss; directed by Miguel Sapochnik

Guessing
Sansa makes contact with Brienne this week
, right?

Euron

I wonder why cast Euron now? Vic's purpose is to give Dany boats and win the battle of Meereen, then he is toast (get it? ha ha ha ha) so he is useless for the show. I always thought Euron was going to be the magical big bad guy of the series while LF was the politician big bad guy, but introducing him now is bad for that purpose as they are setting up the White Walkers for that role already, so... what's Euron role to play? Just a pirate fucking with the Tyrells so they withdraw their support of the Lannisters? I seriously can't see what they want with Euron at this stage.

Judging by hints from this season and coupled with new locations for Season 6 and my tinfoil predictions:

With Aemon's death and Gilly's almost rape this season, Sam will leave the Wall and go to the Citadel to become a Maester. At the end of Season 5, we'll find out that Balon has died (or even see it) and that Euron (fuk ya) has become King of the Iron Islands. We find out in Season 6 that the Dragon Horn is actually in Oldtown and Euron is launching an invasion of the Reach in order to retreive it. Randyll Tarly is tasked with defending the Reach against Euron and Sam is caught up in all this. By the end of Season 6, Dany and her dragons will be in Westeros and Euron will have the Horn.

Hamlet

It's a weird thing to know that "years" have past since Myrcella was sent to Dorne. That puts a time stamp on how much time has passed since Season 2. A lot of other storylines really don't feel like that much time has passed.

I just kinda assumed that she was exaggerating that point as Gilly's baby still looks like a baby to me after being on the show for three seasons.

bengraven

So seems like Randyll will replace the Tyrell Bros in battling Euron whilst playing off the Sam/Oldtown storyline. Sounds awesome.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Then again, I think it will also give us more Olenna and Mace will be trying to pressure the now darker, more angry and broke Cersei.

How can Euron enter the story if Balon is immortal?

No Oldtown casting yet it seems. We need Marwyn and Sallera!

Balon is finally finally dying. Maybe IMDb is right for once.

Agreed with all.

I will say that I think they'll just make Tarly in charge of Oldtown. We'll FINALLY GET OLDTOWN IN THE CREDITS. They'll just stick with the Tarly residence.

God how awesome is that going to be, to have super dick Randyll and his fat disappointment not only returning but disgraced? Shitty for Sam, but fantastic for viewers.

Maybe he'll spend time in the Citadel still, though, just none of the maesters is cast yet or they're just not important and he'll spend the entire time reading.

Speevy

Banned
I just kinda assumed that she was exaggerating that point as Gilly's baby still looks like a baby to me after being on the show for three seasons.

It's ridiculous. It is equally ridiculous though for Gilly to have had a toddler in Castle Black given that there's no one to watch him.

Kain

Judging by hints from this season and coupled with new locations for Season 6 and my tinfoil predictions:

With Aemon's death and Gilly's almost rape this season, Sam will leave the Wall and go to the Citadel to become a Maester. At the end of Season 5, we'll find out that Balon has died (or even see it) and that Euron (fuk ya) has become King of the Iron Islands. We find out in Season 6 that the Dragon Horn is actually in Oldtown and Euron is launching an invasion of the Reach in order to retreive it. Randyll Tarly is tasked with defending the Reach against Euron and Sam is caught up in all this. By the end of Season 6, Dany and her dragons will be in Westeros and Euron will have the Horn.

That's not too bad.

The simple answer is we don't know what part Euron/the ironborn have to play in the end, but David & Dan do.

Speevy

Banned
They cast the characters everyone's been salivating over and don't even put them in the current season.

Well at least you guys will be happier next year.

Moff

the pirate will obviously be a mix between euron and victarion, probably leaning towards euron but they still might call im victarion if they feel like it. it's a badass name.

Kain

Maybe they'll give Euron the Lavarm so he will have the bacon and the eye-patch. That's bound to be the coolest pirate ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom