• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe Aidan Gillen has said he's not in episodes 9 & 10 this season, but IMDb is never a good source for casting information.
He wasn't in 9 or 10 last year, so it's not unprecedented for one of their top billed actors to not be present in the last couple of EPs for a season.

He wasn't in 9 or 10 last year, so it's not unprecedented for one of their top billed actors to not be present in the last couple of EPs for a season.

The odds are pretty good that the big HAHA MY INCREDIBLE SCHEME nearing-end-of-season moment is gonna come from Doran anyway (and, I suppose, maybe from Varys if he teleported back to King's Landing).

Patriots7

Rubbish. He's copper, as Donal Nye says; pleasant to look at, but useless in every important sense. He adores bright colours, is good at dancing and enjoys games and pageantry; he shares Robert's impulsiveness, but that's about it.
Eh. Slight exaggeration he was comparing Stannis and Renly to Robert (at his peak). Neither really compares was the point, at least that was my interpretation.

Thought Renly probably would've made the best King out of all of the claimants.

Speevy

Banned
I do believe Aidan Gillen has said he's not in episodes 9 & 10 this season, but IMDb is never a good source for casting information.

xKufGbJ.png

How on earth do they plan on explaining that away? Can you link to where he said this?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Fits into a theory I've had that
Benjen is in Hardhome. If he's alive. If he's anywhere else in the North then he's dead or wight.

Nah dude,
I've always believed that Benjen was captured by the Others because he's a Stark. In TWOW we'll get Benjen chapters which will introduce us to the Others including their culture, history, and all that good stuff.

Eh. Slight exaggeration he was comparing Stannis and Renly to Robert (at his peak). Neither really compares was the point, at least that was my interpretation.

Thought Renly probably would've made the best King out of all of the claimants.

Eh, a dude that says that "books are for maesters" doesn't exactly fit my idea of a good ruler. He certainly wouldn't be terrible but he'd require a knowledgeable and strong Hand.

-griffy-

Banned
How on earth do they plan on explaining that away? Can you link to where he said this?
He's just off scheming doing Littlefinger things. His plan in the first place was to put Sansa in Winterfell, have Stannis fight the Boltons, grab a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. Then he walks in and is all "Hey, I'm here to be Warden."

foxtrot3d

Banned
He's just off scheming doing Littlefinger things. His plan in the first place was to put Sansa in Winterfell, have Stannis fight the Boltons, grab a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. Then he walks in and is all "Hey, I'm here to be Warden."

And all the Northern Lords will bow because who else is better to rule the North than an up-jumped outsider with no understanding of Northern customs and history and helped kill Ned Stark. Littlefinger is a true genius.

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8665573/game-of-thrones-the-gift-ramsay

Is Ramsay doesn't fall by end of this season it will be very disappointing.

But Ramsay is still alive at the end of ADWD.

Though it seems unlikely that he'll win, given that half of the Northerners he sent to kill Stannis are Manderly's men (who seem intent on backstabbing the Freys and previously made a wink wink, nudge nudge agreement with Davos), and his ace in the hole *WoW chapter spoiler*
the Karstarks were sniffed out as traitors in Stannis' camp and put to death.

Speevy

Banned
I'll bet money there's a scene of Ramsay or Roose telling Sansa that Tommen declared Roose an enemy of the crown.

It's the only way Sansa and Littlefinger don't meet again this season.

Jayof9s

He also has to go to the Vale to rally their armies and then march to the north.

Sure, LF can teleport but I don't think he can teleport whole armies, so it might take him until next season to reach Winterfell. Continuity!

Massa

And all the Northern Lords will bow because who else is better to rule the North than an up-jumped outsider with no understanding of Northern customs and history and helped kill Ned Stark. Littlefinger is a true genius.

The Northern Lords will bow to Sansa Stark and Littlefinger's unscathed army.

-griffy-

Banned
He also has to go to the Vale to rally their armies and then march to the north.

Sure, LF can teleport but I don't think he can teleport whole armies, so it might take him until next season to reach Winterfell. Continuity!

Yeah, so that all fits for him sitting out episodes 9 and 10.

Nah dude,
I've always believed that Benjen was captured by the Others because he's a Stark. In TWOW we'll get Benjen chapters which will introduce us to the Others including their culture, history, and all that good stuff.

Hasn't GRRM said there won't be any new POVs in TWOW/ASOS?

foxtrot3d

Banned

yump.gif

Hasn't GRRM said there won't be any new POVs in TWOW/ASOS?

I've not heard that, that seems unlikely.

EDIT:

I'm looking for his exact quote but looking through Weseros.org someone said "He worded it a little more ambiguously than that though. Like no new characters will get povs. As in maybe an old character will. Or maybe not." So Bejen could be a new POV but we wouldn't get Gregor Matrin the never before mentioned heir to a small castle in the Reach,

xKufGbJ.png

I've been trying to find a source for it but I can't, sorry.

He was talking about how he only reads the scripts for the episodes he's in so he doesn't know what to expect from 9 & 10, thus the assumption he's not in them. Could be wrong though. I'll keep looking.

Euron

So say Cersei loses her trial and Tommen and Myrcella are declared bastards. Who becomes the new king then? It wouldn't be Stannis because of R'hllor. In the books I'm pretty certain the Faith will end up supporting Aegon at some point but what about the show? Would they go with Dany? Littlefinger? Obara Sand?

Speevy

Banned
So say Cersei loses her trial and Tommen and Myrcella are declared bastards. Who becomes the new king then? It wouldn't be Stannis because of R'hllor. In the books I'm pretty certain the Faith will end up supporting Aegon at some point but what about the show? Would they go with Dany? Littlefinger? Obara Sand?

No one has any substantiated proof that Cersei mothered illegitimate children. She's on trial for sleeping with Lancel, presumably while she was married to Robert.

Moff

who knows what she told lancel back then, he might know a lot
and the faith won't be concerned about the iron throne for long, it's just a matter of time until it's covered in snow and ash

foxtrot3d

Banned
who knows what she told lancel back then, he might know a lot
and the faith won't be concerned about the iron throne for long, it's just a matter of time until it's covered in snow and ash

You guys are forgetting that Lancel helped kill Robert, something he did at the behest of Cercei.

So say Cersei loses her trial and Tommen and Myrcella are declared bastards. Who would the Faith declare as the new king then? It wouldn't be Stannis because of R'hllor. In the books I'm pretty certain they'll end up supporting Aegon at some point but what about the show? Would they go with Dany? Littlefinger? Obara Sand?

Someone in the other thread brought up that he thinks LF's talk with Olenna was about giving her Gendry. I hadn't thought of that. It seemed like he was talking about Lancel but that doesn't really make sense: the High Sparrow told Cersei that Lancel confessed his sins awhile ago. Maybe LF will prop up Gendry and attempt to get him crowned by the faith as a Baratheon for Maergery to marry.

Speevy

Banned
Someone in the other thread brought up that he thinks LF's talk with Olenna was about giving her Gendry. I hadn't thought of that. It seemed like he was talking about Lancel but that doesn't really make sense: the High Sparrow told Cersei that Lancel confessed his sins awhile ago. Maybe LF will prop up Gendry and attempt to get him crowned by the faith as a Baratheon for Maergery to marry.

I'll go add Joe Dempsie to IMDB, brb.

First time a photo of one of the cast genuinely surprised me from the perspective of "holy shit, she's grown up."

Maisie Williams Interview

maisie-williams_612x380.jpg

Any updated on starring in a movie version of The Last of Us?
Nothing is set in stone. But if they wait around too much longer I’m going to be too old. So we’ll see.
Dear god, hurry it up. I know, these things take years & years, if they ever happen, but.. c'mon!

Partition

Banned

Would the faith crown a bastard?

I think the show is done with Gendry, honestly

Maybe that kid Janos drowned held his breath for a really long time. What is dead may never die.

I wanted to see Slint's head roll down a slope, out the front gate of Castle Black and just roll away forever. You could follow it with a nice panning shot as it rolls past Gendry, Thoros and other forgotten characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom