• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this guy the endgame boss?
Yeah. Right now he's gathering forces, so by the time he attacks Caslte Black he'll have a level 10 army with undead defense perks.

The worst part? Castle Black is only a Level 4 defense structure, and it's vulnerable extra vulnerable to attacks right now because of its "Racism" perk D:

cj_iwakura

Did anyone make a gif with the caption "Come at me bro" from the end?

Heh, there's an even better meme in the no book thread.

PX3IuT8.jpg

foxtrot3d

Banned
I wonder what it really means though. Using the name Night King doesn't mean that it's the same as the book's Night's King.

Eh, I kinda doubt they just decided to pull that name out of their assess without permission from GRRM. It'd be like naming some random person Azor Ahai but have it be completely unrelated to the book stuff.

duckroll

Yeah. Right now he's gathering forces, so by the time he attacks Caslte Black he'll have a level 10 army with undead defense perks.

The worst part? Castle Black is only a Level 4 defense structure, and it's vulnerable extra vulnerable to attacks right now because of its "Racism" perk D:

If only this were F2P, then Jon would be able to borrow some money from Stannis to buy extra energy.

I thought it was interesting that Tyrion mentioned that the Tyrells were someone who might be convinced to ally with Dany.

He can't know about what's going on there and he's perceptive about people so maybe it's a bit of foreshadowing?

You damn well know what i meant
???
It's always cold beyond the wall, and there are always Others there (well during the events of the show). That doesn't have anything to do with winter. This attack happens in the books too, likely before the bird comes.

If only this were F2P, then Jon would be able to borrow some money from Stannis to buy extra energy.
Ramsay has lots of energy packs, maybe Stannis will capture some of them. When Ramsay saw a "Wait 10 months to battle Stannis" timer he just purchased the "Speed up!" bonus.

Turin

Banned
*Jon looks at the King*

*Nights King lifts his arms*

"COME AT ME, BRO"

Somebody gif it. :D

I watched the episode with people in my residence. It's like I'm the only one who roots for the White Walkers/Others, because I believe that tinfoil
that they're not the evil beings that they're portrayed as.
I just can't buy that with all the Grays in the series he'd end with a big evil bad.

I do hope that the Others don't turn out to be pure evil.

Speevy

Banned
The people submitting stuff to IMDB are now 100% full of horseshit. They just took casting news and populated the last four episodes with nonsense.

I'll bet Yara's role is a 20 second Balon funeral scene and that's it.

Eh, I kinda doubt they just decided to pull that name out of their assess without permission from GRRM. It'd be like naming some random person Azor Ahai but have it be completely unrelated to the book stuff.
Night King is pretty general name that can be repurposed. And I'm not sure why GRRM's permission matters.

Speevy

Banned
Quick episode summary? It aired while I was on a plane and might not have great WiFi to watch it for a few days :(

Tyrion and Dany are buds, Cersei drank water off the floor, Kevan's coming back, Tommen's not eating, Reek tells Sansa about Bran/Rickon, Ramsay is going with 20 men to kill Stannis' entire army, Arya is selling oysters, then OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT ARE YOU KIDDING ME for the last 30 minutes.

Quick episode summary? It aired while I was on a plane and might not have great WiFi to watch it for a few days :(
Cersei's in jail, all hail Kevan and Ser Strong

Arya is gonna kill some dude she sold oysters too

Sansa got Reek to spill the beans about Rickon (who?) and Bran

Ramsay got bored of waiting and is taking 20 dudes to go fuck up Stannis

Jorah got sent away and is now fighting in the pits, Tyrion told funny jokes and Dany decided she's going to kill everyone in Westeros.

Jon killed some zombies and fought Ganondorf in Hardhome, but escaped with a few wildlings

Chris R

Cersei drank water off the floor, Kevan's coming back, Reek tells Sansa about Bran/Rickon, Ramsay is going with 20 men to kill Stannis' entire army, Arya is selling oysters, then OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT ARE YOU KIDDING ME for the last 30 minutes.
Fuck.

Well maybe I'll find good WiFi in Chicago while I wait to check into my hotel and catch it on HBO go :(

Did Ayra already poison that guy? I thought she had until I compared the giant pitcher of stuff she dumped on the Osyter with the tiny bottle she was given.

You really could argue they aren't going to do the stabbing to Jon, or it's not going to be a group of people but just Ollie :p

I mean, the Watch can't possibly doubt him now. especially when Edd and other's saw the Walker's as well.

Well like I said I doubt they can just start throwing around important names without consulting GRRM. He can't DO anything, but he'd probably be pissed.
"I am now known as the Night King, but I omcr went by the name of Jon's Connington. I was the brother of Balon's Greyjoy, until he exiled me and I changed my name."

KC Denton

I watched the episode with people in my residence. It's like I'm the only one who roots for the White Walkers/Others, because I believe that tinfoil
that they're not the evil beings that they're portrayed as.
I just can't buy that with all the Grays in the series he'd end with a big evil bad.

I'm pretty sure I read an article in the past talking about how GRRM didn't really like how one dimensional the orcs were in LOTR in direct reference to how he was approaching the White Walkers. At the very least we can safely assume there's more to them than meets the eye based on what we saw last season. Night's King (or whatever) was definitely a lot more caring towards that infant than I would have expected.

Anyone else thinking the twist, if you could call it that, is that White Walkers are essentially Ra's al ghul, here to clean the filth that is what society in Westeros has become, and restore balance, or something

Speevy

Banned
Let's take a vote guys.

Winners dance with dragons, losers feast on crow.

Does the Mannis make it through episodes 9 and 10?

I say he lives.

I'll keep track of the votes.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the Southern world disconnected from the happenings up North finally finds out what's happening.

"What the fuck have I been doing this whole time?"

Anyone else thinking the twist, if you could call it that, is that White Walkers are essentially Ra's al ghul, here to clean the filth that is what society in Westeros has become, and restore balance, or something
I really don't know what they're doing with them. I think they might just stay as a force of nature, something that makes characters make tough decisions. GRRM doesn't care about cool action scenes, he cares about people having to make tough decisions, and I cant think a crazy twist with the Others that adds anything as far as that's concerned.

Like "I need to stop you!"
"Actually, we're doing this because you polluted the environment!"
"...Okay. I need to stop you!"

I'm half convinced the Night's (Night?) King is only in the show to give Jon something to punch.

Let's take a vote guys.

I say he lives.

Im gonna say no, but I'd love to be wrong 😢

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Let's take a vote guys.

I say he lives.

He lives, others in his party won't. Sorry Davos.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
But there were zambies in Season 1 both beyond the Wall and in Castle a Black, and a fast moving zombie killer Jojen last season D:

True, but the ratio of zambies grew exponentially, and this time there's witnesses that aren't ..lets use the word 'portly' and arguably scared of the dark.

Let's take a vote guys.

I say he lives.

He'll be taken prisioner like Ramsay said in that letter that he had Mance, only this time it is Stannis.

I feel like they'll find some kind of way to get Melisandre back to the Wall but I have no idea what they're going to do.

Stannis dies?
Selyse dies?
Shireen dies (by the hand of Melisandre or Ramsay?)
Ramsay gets captured?

Seems like anything could happen, which is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom