• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

eot

Banned
qBnJ9VJ.gif

God I just love the reaction of both Jon and the WW.
Jon: Holy shit, I'm not dead.
WW: Holy shit, he's not dead.

The way Jon deflects the follow up swing doesn't make any sense.

Iksenpets

Banned
Preview:
Stannis' line about "if a man knows why he is, what choice does he have to resist his destiny" really sounds like they're going to have him consider the sacrifice. :(

Also Prince Doran demanding that Jaime swear him fealty is weird. No idea where they're going with that. Or with the continuing scenes of the Sand Snakes and Bronn in prison. Jaime forced into the service of the Martell's would be taking things completely off book. But maybe they'll find a way out of it.

Preview:
Stannis' line about "if a man knows why he is, what choice does he have to resist his destiny" really sounds like they're going to have him consider the sacrifice. :(

Also Prince Doran demanding that Jaime swear him fealty is weird. No idea where they're going with that. Or with the continuing scenes of the Sand Snakes and Bronn in prison. Jaime forced into the service of the Martell's would be taking things completely off book. But maybe they'll find a way out of it.

There is no Stoneheart, they need a place for Jaime to go or to do anything. Hopefully we get some good direction before the end of the season.

jett

D-Member
There is no Stoneheart, they need a place for Jaime to go or to do anything. Hopefully we get some good direction before the end of the season.

But do we? If a character is done, the character should be done Lack of focus has always been the number one issue with this show which is why I'm always hoping for bigger and harsher cuts, but with news of the Pyke stuff happening seems D&D is just going to carry on throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Thaedolus

Guys, the books reference the Game of Thrones multiple times, and A Song of Ice and Fire, and the Dance of the Dragons (slightly different)...what's the big fucking deal?

Vyer

I got as much satisfaction from Dany and Tyrion bantering as I did the WW battle. Been waiting for both things for so long. All of it was great.

Amazing episode. The best of the season so far.

Not only because the story was new and interesting but because finally we had some decent directing with a good photography and acting. When I saw Arya at the channels I knew the episode would look good.

btw I missed all the discussion until now. What is the consensus about Jon being able to kill the WW? Was it because the sword was made by Valyrian steel?

Real Hero

btw I missed all the discussion until now. What is the consensus about Jon being able to kill the WW? Was it because the sword was made by Valyrian steel?

Must be. I can imagine a scenario where the realm gather all the great houses swords to fight the white walkers.

eot

Banned
Yes it does.

Jon anticipates it coming it so leans back to dodge it which allows him to deflect the attack and using his momentum against him he can follow up with a 2nd attack.

Eh, maybe. I wish they had fewer cuts so you could actually see the choreography. Also, Jon should've picked up that ice sword, it just lays there on the ground.

CorvoSol

So dumb question, but are whitewalkers allergic to water or something? I don't get why they didn't just rush Snow and kill him as he was very, very, very slowly rowing away from them in his dinky little boat.

IDK about Jon in particular but if I was commandin an army of undead I'd avoid water, too. Especially up north. Too much can mess up. Like, walkin' under water is already sort of a hard feat, but when you are just bones I suppose it becomes even more difficult. And zombies? They're walkin' fish food. I know they're kept whole and mobile by dark powers, but if swords can break 'em so can fish I'd bet.

Probably crazy narwahls up North.

Preview:

HEs probably saying that to Ellaria.

Just a thought, but if
old town and iron islands are season 6,
maybe they will say fuck it and extend the show to an eighth season.

Us White Walkers signed a peace threaty with Bran the builder centuries ago in the age of Heroes, which putted an end to the war of Dawn.

Said pact clearly stated that "there should always be a Stark on Winterfell" in order to watch it, and that human territory started from the Wall downards. A Wall that btw, it was built in order to mark the limits of the accord, with the Night's Watch put in place in order to observe it.

It was a goddamn good deal for you humans, and we honoured it for centuries yet you southern treacherous barbarians have wiped your asses with it. You built a goddamn town beyond the Wall (Hardhome). We destroyed it and gave you a pass on it, but it seem that you guys didn't caught the message, like at all.

Then a bunch of sycophants shows up bringing motherfucking dragons next to our borders, and later you dishonour the last remaining part of our peace agreement by murdering and forcefully removing the Starks from Winterfell and placing fire woshippers closer to our lands.

Sorry, but we've had enough of your shit. You have gave us White Walkers more than enough reasons to launch a pre-emtpive attack to ensure the safety of our White Kingdom before your freaks burn us all down.

Oh, why the surprised faces? Perhaps you didn't thought that we would not know of your plans to bring yet even more dragons and fire whorshipping Targaryens into Westeros? Our Faceless men warned us of your treachery long ago, humans, and we've decided to make the first move rather than wait for your invasion and inevitable northern expansion.

Just spare us from your whinning and victimism, "whaaa, whaaa, poor, poor humans" now that your devious plot has been discovered, as if YOU would be some kind of innocent maidens. Screw you humans, the next peace agreement that we sign with you won't be so advantageous as the last one was, you can be sure of that.

I agree with all of this.

edit:
Just a thought, but if
old town and iron islands are season 6,
maybe they will say fuck it and extend the show to an eighth season.

No way. Hardhome, to me, was them entering the first little bit of homestretch to the story.

ChaosXVI

With all the casting news, I really don't see how they can get the show wrapped up in two more seasons. If it hadn't been for that, I could see them sticking to it, but now? No way.

Just think of how crowded next season is going to be though...Every character/group of characters will get like 2 minutes per episode.

Cliffhanger %100. They don't care about casting leaks; They want to create that moment of disbelief and despair in the audience, if only for that moment.

Apart of me is hoping that doesn;t happen lol. We've been waiting so long to know if Jon gets resurrected or survives and now we have to wait another year. Sooner if GRRM finishes TWOW before S6 comes out.

I like how Jon Snow is the only character that gets readable fight scenes.

Then they go and kill her because she got petrified by fear by seeing wight kids. Just came off as really predictable and consistent with most of the show exclusive content.

That Wildling Elder dying because of some resurrected kids was stupid, though. She'd been killing Walkers non stop and suddenly because they're kids she just gives up?

I think the implication is that her siblings that died a long time ago were among the zombie kids.

Ramma2

I'm pretty sure they're setting arya up to kill him via poisoned clams/oysters/cockles instead of a coin. And if that's right it's disappointing that they keep wanting to change things just to be different.

It would look pretty dumb on TV to see that guy go through and bite every coin in a bag full of 50, to prove the point that he bites them all. That's something easily said in a book but lame to watch play out on a show.

So dumb question, but are whitewalkers allergic to water or something? I don't get why they didn't just rush Snow and kill him as he was very, very, very slowly rowing away from them in his dinky little boat.

Jon's boat was already too far away for that. When the giant walked past them the water was waist height for him, and none of the wights are as tall as his waist.

It would look pretty dumb on TV to see that guy go through and bite every coin in a bag full of 50, to prove the point that he bites them all. That's something easily said in a book but lame to watch play out on a show.

Oh I didn't remember that detail. Does he actually bite each coin? If he does then I understand that change and I feel like a dick now, haha.

duckroll

I think Jorah's plan is basically the same plan he had in the previous episode - rush head first into an arena of death where he knows she is watching, beat everyone, stand before her and go "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED", and then hope for the best.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is our only hope

All I know is I can't wait for the inevitable gifs combining whatever bad shit happens to Jon at the end of the season with Olly's bow-in-hand nod right after he killed Ygritte.

Maybe even toss in a bit of Sam looking horrified. Comedy gold.

Kain

I think Jorah's plan is basically the same plan he had in the previous episode - rush head first into an arena of death where he knows she is watching, beat everyone, stand before her and go "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED", and then hope for the best.

That would actually be awesome.

cjp

Night's King discussion/wiki spoilers:

How do you all know he's the Night's King? Looking at the wiki he was a normal human who possibly married a walker and made sacrifices to The Others. So why would he then have turned into a walker? And become their leader? I'm confused.

How do you all know he's the Night's King? Looking at the wiki he was a normal human who possibly married a walker and made sacrifices to The Others. So why would he then have turned into a walker? And become their leader? I'm confused.

It's the same Walker (going by appearance) that we saw a few seasons ago turning a baby into a Walker. There was a tip-off in the show wiki that it was the Night King. That refferance was later removed but it's pretty much confirmed that it's the night king

It's the same Walker (going by appearance) that we saw a few seasons ago turning a baby into a Walker. There was a tip-off in the show wiki that it was the Night King. That refferance was later removed but it's pretty much confirmed that it's the night king

D&D refer to him as the Night King in the Inside Episode 8 video.

Kain

We are calling him the Night's king but we don't know what his real name or position is. The story goes that an old (possibly) commander of the NW married a WW pricess or queen or whatever and went on to reign with her for 13 years until the wildlings and the NW allied to expel them both. We don't know if it's the same guy, a descendant or what actually became of them. We don't even know if they existed at all.

The point is that this is the first alliance between wildlings and NW since then.

In the books there has been no hint to the NK or nothing yet, some of us (who are crazy) are hoping Stannis or Jon go on to become the next NK.

jett

D-Member

Show Jorah is way too much of a chump. I really don't understand what he expects to accomplish.

Regarding Valyrian steel, I think its secret is that is was forged in dragon's fire. This this is the way that all seven kingdoms will unite. Dany's dragon's possess the only thing that can defeat the White Walkers. She will come to power with the offer of forging Valyrian weapons for all the kingdoms.

I'm calling it.

I asked the same thing a couple of pages back. In short, I think labeling him Night King (regardless of what HBO said and then recanted) is premature. He's the equivalent of the Great Other IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom