• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Yeah didn't someone claim to have some insider knowledge and posted a thing about Tormund setting himself on fire to kill some wights?

There was a "leak" way back which said that in episode 8 Jon follows Tormund to Hardhome because they want to stop Rattleshirt from selling slaves there, and the Others attack while they're there, causing Tormund to sacrifice himself to save Jon and as Jon is getting away the Night's King looks him in the eye.

So either that was some early script which was changed drastically, or someone pieced together stuff based on production updates and made up an inaccurate but similar outline for the major event in the episode.

Massa

The real twist is that Tormund actually killed the real Mance Rayder, who was just playing around with an old friend.

Burt

Maybe the grwyscale protects him from getting burned by dragon's fire.
Doubt it, but I definitely think he's literally toast. He fulfilled the task of getting Tyrion to Dany, he's never going to be able to serve her, he's going to be standing in front of a dragon in the pit, and he's going to die anyway from greyscale.

Even though we're nearing the end of what we know in the books, it's still generally pretty evident where characters are headed towards, or you can at least imagine a few separate possibilities for them. It's hard to imagine anything happening with Jorah beyond the pit. He gets kicked out of Mereen, goes to Volantis, brings back Tyrion, gets kicked out of Mereen again, gets back in again through the fighting pits, and... what? I can't even see him taking Selmy's Harpy-hunting role with how long he's been gone and the downplaying of an actual head Harpy. So he leaves Mereen for a third time to... I dunno, find Dany?

Nah, man.

RIP House Mormont

Iksenpets

Banned
Doubt it, but I definitely think he's literally toast. He fulfilled the task of getting Tyrion to Dany, he's never going to be able to serve her, he's going to be standing in front of a dragon in the pit, and he's going to die anyway from greyscale.

Even though we're nearing the end of what we know in the books, it's still generally pretty evident where characters are headed towards, or you can at least imagine a few separate possibilities for them. It's hard to imagine anything happening with Jorah beyond the pit. He gets kicked out of Mereen, goes to Volantis, brings back Tyrion, gets kicked out of Mereen again, gets back in again through the fighting pits, and... what? I can't even see him taking Selmy's Harpy-hunting role with how long he's been gone and the downplaying of an actual head Harpy. So he leaves Mereen for a third time to... I dunno, find Dany?

Nah, man.

RIP House Mormont

Nah, he has to survive long enough to make it to Westeros and start the greyscale plague. They didn't throw that in for nothing.

Massa

RIP House Mormont

They're not all dead!

Lyanna_Mormont's_letter.png

Nah, man.

RIP House Mormont

Drogon kills Jorah, and then Dany flys away on him. What happens to Tyrion? A city in dissarray without her there and two dragons left behind...

foxtrot3d

Banned
Nah, he has to survive long enough to make it to Westeros and start the greyscale plague. They didn't throw that in for nothing.

No, no. He's got to make it back to Westeros so we can have a scene where he's with Jon Snow and Sam is with Dany. At which point Jon and Dany meet each sided by the others best friend and then both cry and hug their respective friends.

-griffy-

Banned
...wouldn't it freeze?

Not if you filled the moat....WITH LAVA.

And to address the post you quoted, I don't think the white walkers/wights are "afraid" of water or anything. They had already won the battle at Hardhome, they were playing psychological warfare at the end there. "You may think you're getting away, but there's no escape from this."

duckroll

Jorah will beat all the combatants in the Pit. Then there will be a "final challenge" arranged by Daario in secret, where the Unsullied force all the masters into the Pit. Dany is disgusted that all her people won't honor her wishes and work behind her back and goes "NO!" and then Drogon swoops down into the Pit and roasts everyone in it - the Unsullied, Daario, Jorah, all the masters. Dany goes crazy at the insane sight and wanders into the Pit herself, climbs on Drogon, and he flies off. The smoke and ash clears.... and lone man survives... covered in a natural armor of greyscale. Cut to credits.

Speevy

Banned
Funny thing I noticed: If Arya turned left to Rathmon Lane or whatever it's called, turning right was a dead end.

A man needs a map.

Iksenpets

Banned
No, no. He's got to make it back to Westeros so we can have a scene where he's with Jon Snow and Sam is with Dany. At which point Jon and Dany meet each sided by the others best friend and then both cry and hug their respective friends.

Pff. Jorah doesn't have any friends. Besides, if he ever met Jon all he would do is doom the world when he tries to steal Longclaw and hightail it back to Bear Island where he assumes everyone is eagerly waiting for him to be lord again, except they're not because Jorah doesn't have any friends.

Speevy

Banned
Jorah will beat all the combatants in the Pit. Then there will be a "final challenge" arranged by Daario in secret, where the Unsullied force all the masters into the Pit. Dany is disgusted that all her people won't honor her wishes and work behind her back and goes "NO!" and then Drogon swoops down into the Pit and roasts everyone in it - the Unsullied, Daario, Jorah, all the masters. Dany goes crazy at the insane sight and wanders into the Pit herself, climbs on Drogon, and he flies off. The smoke and ash clears.... and lone man survives... covered in a natural armor of greyscale. Cut to credits.

Daario is clearly in the pits in the previews. I was wondering how he'd survive.

Corpekata

Banned
while we're on the subject... FUCK EVERYONE WHO PREDICTED THAT HE WOULD DIE!

omg, i was stressing the whole scene! i thought he was gonna die... Tormund is my main man in the north. I don't think i would be able to go on without him.

There's no way they are going to kill like the sole wildling character that has an actual name and character traits on the show. At least right now.

OK, so I have to admit, I really enjoyed this episode.
We got Cat of the Canals (I loved the costume and hairdo btw), we got Cersei's growing despair, and the stuff in the North was nothing short of impressive. I even liked the scenes between Olly and Sam and Sansa and Theon.
And man was I consistently clenching my asshole for Tormund and Dolorous Edd. If Edd had died there, I would've been so mad, cause I love Edd.

Joni

The Drowned God won't let Daario die.

duckroll

The Drowned God won't let Daario die.

He will be reborn as Euron, which explains why they're casting someone else. Just like how this Daario was reborn by the Drowned God after the last Daario died in an unfortunate incident off screen between seasons. :)

Crazy thought. With no Stoneheart and with the knowledge that Jon is almost certainly not going to really die die, and with the shows tendency to skip confusing stuff, maybe they just won't have Jon get stabbed at all.

I don't think this will happen. Just a crazy thought.

Hmmmmm, which is why I reserve judgement. The only thing that this show guarantees is that there are no guarantees. For as all we know, he might die. I've learned already that the Starks are cursed.

I guess we can thank our lucky stars Jon is no Stark. But I'm still gonna wait before I jump on this train.

jasonmb17

Pretty sure Jorah will stop the Harpy plot to kill Dany in the pit, and die in the process. Then Drogon swoops down amidst all the mayhem.

sercotel

Neo Member
Okay just for the speculation here with big spoilers.
Knowing that Jon needs to "die" and seeing the Ramsay expedition to kill Stannis I'm the only one that thinks that Stannis will be hurt badly or died on the battlefield and Melisandre will use her daughter to try to revive him but instead reviving Jon.
Pretty heavy on the speculation part but a lot of things need to happen in those two chapters left.

Speevy

Banned
Okay just for the speculation here with big spoilers.
Knowing that Jon needs to "die" and seeing the Ramsay expedition to kill Stannis I'm the only one that thinks that Stannis will be hurt badly or died on the battlefield and Melisandre will use her daughter to try to revive him but instead reviving Jon.
Pretty heavy on the speculation part but a lot of things need to happen in those two chapters left.

There is no battle. That's what it baffling everyone. Ramsay is clearly bringing his Bolton goons to burn Stannis' camp, possibly kill his daughter, and cut off his supplies.

However, there just isn't time for a battle in the snow in which Stannis gets gravely wounded.

At the worst, Stannis could die of exposure, and certainly could lose most or all of his men off screen.

Ark

OK, so I have to admit, I really enjoyed this episode.
We got Cat of the Canals (I loved the costume and hairdo btw), we got Cersei's growing despair, and the stuff in the North was nothing short of impressive. I even liked the scenes between Olly and Sam and Sansa and Theon.
And man was I consistently clenching my asshole for Tormund and Dolorous Edd. If Edd had died there, I would've been so mad, cause I love Edd.

I'd take Grenn over Edd any day. I'm still pissed Grenn is dead.

Since I haven't seen anyone mentioned it, Bran and Rickon got written back into the show? So how will the writers use this piece of information?
What will Sansa do/feel knowing that there are other heirs to Winterfell alive?

When it comes to GoT Lore, I assuming that the eldest son obtains the claim and all the way through to the youngest, then the eldest daughter obtains the claim of land, wealth, and etc. So wouldn't Bran and Rickon be next in line legally?

Were there any mentions that these two character would make no appearances at all?

Speevy

Banned
You know what? They've brought up those damn dogs so much that I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsay was mauled by his own dogs.

Damn, what an epic episode out of nowhere. Now, if they can just somehow maintain this quality instead of the god awful stuff we had to endure in Dorne...

Best episode of the season by some distance. Incredibly tense final 20 minutes or so. Jon and Wun-Wun kicking ass was great and the Tyrion/Dany scenes were really good. Hopefully it's a strong end to the series.

Best episode of the season by some distance. Incredibly tense final 20 minutes or so. Jon and Wun-Wun kicking ass was great and the Tyrion/Dany scenes were really good. Hopefully it's a strong end to the series.

Knowing everything that has to happen, hopes are high.

Only thing that can shit it up is terrible Winterfell-Stannis ending

Any gifs/webms out there of the shot of Jon running from the gate to the building? Amazed that there aren't a ton out there (though I guess it'd be kinda hefty for a gif).

Joni

Since I haven't seen anyone mentioned it, Bran and Rickon got written back into the show? So how will the writers use this piece of information?
What will Sansa do/feel knowing that there are other heirs to Winterfell alive?

When it comes to GoT Lore, I assuming that the eldest son obtains the claim and all the way through to the youngest, then the eldest daughter obtains the claim of land, wealth, and etc. So wouldn't Bran and Rickon be next in line legally?

Were there any mentions that these two character would make no appearances at all?

They won't appear this season. Bran is in no condition to become Lord Stark. All praise Lord Rickon Stark the Cannibal.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You guys seem pretty confident that Olly's gonna kill Jon. Barring that it's actually been leaked in a script or synopsis, I'm going to say that it's a red herring.

Speevy

Banned
If they had the time, they could have set up a scenario in which the entire Night's Watch gets overrun, Stannis' men are turned into whitewalkers, and Jon flees for Winterfell.

Roose is like "Who are you?"

Jon turns around and the Night's King is bearing down on the north.

*credits*

squadr0n

I'm thinking more along the lines of Dany being perceived as a savior by getting to Westeros in time to stop the Walker Invasion when no one else could. More being in the right place at the right time. Until this episode, people who haven't read the books were probably wondering how the hell she could win in a fight against all of Westeros, but now it's pretty obvious. Pretty much anyone that hasn't died fighting in wars there already will when the walkers do come. So there won't be much resistance by the time she would be able to get there.

The wild cards are the remaining Starks. John Snow is half Stark/ half Targaryn so he has to have some special importance. His brother Bran's powers are also a mystery so far but will definetly have importance.

I believe this show has really been about the Starks and Targaryns and how they bring about the new world after the Walkers are defeated. Fire and Ice together.

Crisco

Banned
Oh wow,

Snowflakes swirled from a dark sky and ashes rose to meet them, the grey and the white whirling around each other as flaming arrows arced above a wooden wall and dead things shambled silent through the cold, beneath a great grey cliff where fires burned inside a hundred caves. Then the wind rose and the white mist came sweeping in, impossibly cold, and one by one the fires went out. Afterward only the skulls remained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom