• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

If they had the time, they could have set up a scenario in which the entire Night's Watch gets overrun, Stannis' men are turned into whitewalkers, and Jon flees for Winterfell.

Roose is like "Who are you?"

Jon turns around and the Night's King is bearing down on the north.

*credits*

And the Night's King is like:

637.png

You guys seem pretty confident that Olly's gonna kill Jon. Barring that it's actually been leaked in a script or synopsis, I'm going to say that it's a red herring.

Well he might be with the group that stabs Jon but he won't just do it alone.

No way in hell Alister misses out on that action.

'Oh, is the clever little twat second guessing himself now?'

You guys seem pretty confident that Olly's gonna kill Jon. Barring that it's actually been leaked in a script or synopsis, I'm going to say that it's a red herring.

The whole dialogue with Sam seems it was pretty much planting the idea in his head. I'd say it's better if it was Olly than some random guys that already hate Jon. It's good to see his progression from initially trusting Jon then doubting him to finally doing what he thinks is the right thing to do, more effective for the betrayal to come from him than the others.

Someone had suggested that Varys is working with Doran on the show. That would make sense, Varys shows up in Dorne Ep 10 then

Nah I'd expect him to show up in KL and kill Kevan, and possibly Littlefinger too. During which he'll reveal his plot. I can't help but think it won't just be "hey I'm helping Dany take the throne bro." The audience already knows that, so it won't be a surprise. If he reveals an entirely different plot it would be more interesting. And perhaps tie into some Doran master plot, who knows.

Real Hero

The whole dialogue with Sam seems it was pretty much planting the idea in his head. I'd say it's better if it was Olly than some random guys that already hate Jon. It's good to see his progression from initially trusting Jon then doubting him to finally doing what he thinks is the right thing to do, more effective for the betrayal to come from him than the others.

Yeah having Ser Alliser,someone who has already tried to have Jon killed, takes away the entire point of the stabbing. I'm thinking Olly+Edd

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well he might be with the group that stabs Jon but he won't just do it alone.

No way in hell Alister misses out on that action.

'Oh, is the clever little twat second guessing himself now?'

It just seems odd to me since in the books, the primary motivation is "for the Watch!", and is done by people really invested in what the Night's Watch has historically been. If Olly does it, it's less "for the Watch" than it is "I fucking hate Wildlings".

Mr Git

Just watched it, brilliant episode and definitely the best of the series by a mile. Great Cersei, Arya and Tyrion bits with a large helping of actually decent battle scenes! So much different to the Sand Snakes twirlathon.

Nah I'd expect him to show up in KL and kill Kevan, and possibly Littlefinger too. During which he'll reveal his plot. I can't help but think it won't just be "hey I'm helping Dany take the throne bro." The audience already knows that, so it won't be a surprise. If he reveals an entirely different plot it would be more interesting. And perhaps tie into some Doran master plot, who knows.

"You were right LittleFinger, chaos IS a ladder. But no matter how high you climb, you will never be able to reach the title" *crossbolt in the gut*

Also, Tyrion mentioned shooting his father in the heart with a bolt. He DID shoot him in the gut\bowels right? For a second I thought there was going to be a joke about Tywins heart being covered in shit..

Kill LF?

Nah :(

The end war has to be between whoever Varys backs (Dany/Jon) and whoever LF backs (Sansa/Rickon).

GOT is a shadow war between LF and Varys. They gotta stay alive.

Real Hero

It just seems odd to me since in the books, the primary motivation is "for the Watch!", and is done by people really invested in what the Night's Watch has historically been. If Olly does it, it's less "for the Watch" than it is "I fucking hate Wildlings".

You are right but that seems like something the show would do. Edd is the only one who could make it come across like that. Who else is their people would recognize as 'decent but willing to go against John?'

Easily fixed.

Jon is let in, other NW members tell people about the army of the dead. They are all looking at Jon saving them. Pink letter or something. Jon decides to leave. FOR THE FUCKING WATCH STABBY STAB cut to black

:(

Jon would never stand opposite his siblings.

He would if he believes Dany's dragons are key to fighting the actual final War. I was also half joking.

Want LF and Varys to continue on with their game.

The final scene of S5 mirrors a book scene. So I think we only have two contenders now:
Varys killing Kevan
Jon stabbing.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Yeah having Ser Alliser,someone who has already tried to have Jon killed, takes away the entire point of the stabbing. I'm thinking Olly+Edd

Not really, I'm sure Olly+Edd will be a part of it but I'm equally sure Ser Allister will be as well. It wasn't exactly a surprise in the books regarding the people that stab Jon, it was the same ones that repeatedly warned him and told him what he was doing was wrong.

duckroll

I really can't imagine Edd taking part in it after what he just saw in the show.

Yeah, unless, that's exactly why. I guess it really depends on how they get to the stabbing. Initially I was really sure there would be no pink letter, because it didn't make sense in the context the show. But now that Sansa knows Bran and Rickon are alive, she might very well send a letter to the Wall. If Jon makes a stupid impulsive decision to march south and join Stannis because of family, especially after all the shit he has seen at Hardhome, then Edd would probably feel pretty justified to throw his lot with the rest in deciding that Jon is no longer fit to be Lord Commander.

Yeah, unless, that's exactly why. I guess it really depends on how they get to the stabbing. Initially I was really sure there would be no pink letter, because it didn't make sense in the context the show. But now that Sansa knows Bran and Rickon are alive, she might very well send a letter to the Wall. If Jon makes a stupid impulsive decision to march south and join Stannis because of family, especially after all the shit he has seen at Hardhome, then Edd would probably feel pretty justified to throw his lot with the rest in deciding that Jon is no longer fit to be Lord Commander.

This is exactly how I think it will happen.

duckroll & David & Daniel

Massa

For everyone in the Night's Watch that hasn't seen a White Walker "For the Watch" means "Fuck The Wildlings" and Jon Snow has fucking lost his mind with what he's trying to do. In the books his decision to save Arya is merely the final straw, but what really got him killed was the political problem with the wildlings.

Real Hero

Not really, I'm sure Olly+Edd will be a part of it but I'm equally sure Ser Allister will be as well. It wasn't exactly a surprise in the books regarding the people that stab Jon, it was the same ones that repeatedly warned him and told him what he was doing was wrong.

Ser Alliser hates Jon Snow and has tried to have him assassinated. I don't think him doing it would make the point clear, at least if they make it seem like he organized it

I hadn't really thought about Sansa sending the letter but that makes the most sense. Jon probably would bail out to help her since he seems to think every last one of them is dead ('cept Arya)

edit: Ah, I forgot he knows about Bran and Rickon. Still, she's the only person in his family he can actively help.

gspec

But jon already knows that bran and rickon are alive because of sam. Jon knows getting ready to fight the WW is more important right now and Jon is the only thing keeping the wildings and Night watchmen from tearing each other apart. So why would he do something so reckless.

But jon already knows that bran and rickon are alive because of sam. Jon knows getting ready to fight the WW is more important right now and Jon is the only thing keeping the wildings and Night watchmen from tearing each other apart. So why would he do something so reckless.

Sansa. Jon will feel much more responsible for her sister IMO.

eot

Banned
I hope they step it up in the snow department. I may be in the minority but I've never thought the snow has looked particularly good in the show. It's especially bad when you see dirt being kicked up, like when Jon falls to the ground. You call that winter, 1mm of snow?

I hope they step it up in the snow department. I may be in the minority but I've never thought the snow has looked particularly good in the show. It's especially bad when you see dirt being kicked up, like when Jon falls to the ground. You call that winter, 1mm of snow?

is coming.

hasn't come yet.

will come by end of episode 10.

FStubbs

You are right but that seems like something the show would do. Edd is the only one who could make it come across like that. Who else is their people would recognize as 'decent but willing to go against John?'

Edd saw what Jon saw. He's solid in the Jon camp now. Unless he's secretly insane.

gspec

Sansa. Jon will feel much more responsible for her sister IMO.

That still doesn't make any sense. He knows Sansa is not the only stark alive. In the books, jon thought farya was only stark alive at the point. He didn't know about bran and rickon or sansa for that matter.

I hope we get a full of episode of the Dorne political drama next

47knMg5.gif

That still doesn't make any sense. He knows Sansa is not the only stark alive. In the books, jon thought farya was only stark alive at the point. He didn't know about bran and rickon or sansa for that matter.

Sansa sends a letter to Jon saying how she is imprisoned by the Boltons, Ramsay is raping her and wants his help so they can escape and find Rickon and Bran and be a family again. Jon decides to march and join up with Stannis or help him.

I think it's much more interesting if Ser Alliser actually steps in to defend Jon after the stabbing begins. I don't expect it to happen though as outside of Ollie there isn't anyone else that is recognizable to do the deed other than maybe those two rapers from last week.

ctothej

I thought Sam never told Jon?

I think it's much more interesting if Ser Alliser actually steps in to defend Jon after the stabbing begins. I don't expect it to happen though as outside of Ollie there isn't anyone else that is recognizable to do the deed other than maybe those two rapers from last week.

I am sure there will be further setup in Ep. 9. So we should know soon.

Patriots7

Since I haven't seen anyone mentioned it, Bran and Rickon got written back into the show? So how will the writers use this piece of information?
What will Sansa do/feel knowing that there are other heirs to Winterfell alive?

When it comes to GoT Lore, I assuming that the eldest son obtains the claim and all the way through to the youngest, then the eldest daughter obtains the claim of land, wealth, and etc. So wouldn't Bran and Rickon be next in line legally?

Were there any mentions that these two character would make no appearances at all?
Bran and Rickon, in order, are ahead of Sansa as heir to Winterfell.
Sansa can't do anything until she 'escapes'. Telling Ramsay that she knows that she isn't really the heir of Winterfell would probably not be all that wise.
In the show, Rickon is at Last Hearth. So I assume she will head there at the end of the season.

The Winterfell storyline is such garbage. Good lord.

If he gets stabbed because of Wildlings then there is no way Edd goes along with it. There were enough people who got away to know the threat is real. But if it's over marching south, then perhaps Edd would (since he knows they need to stay at the wall now).

Bran and Rickon, in order, are ahead of Sansa as heir to Winterfell.
Sansa can't do anything until she 'escapes'. Telling Ramsay that she knows that she isn't really the heir of Winterfell would probably not be all that wise.
In the show, Rickon is at Last Hearth. So I assume she will head there at the end of the season.

The Winterfell storyline is such garbage. Good lord.

What if Davos takes Sansa on a trip to find the brothers, condensing both their storylines?

gspec

Sorry, DP.

Jon knows he needs as many people as he can find to help fight the WW. He told stannis that he can not break his vow because he word would mean nothing and even though Roose bolton betray Robb he still sign the order to ask for help from the boltons. Now he wants to kill the very people he asked to help him fight the WW.

This is why I didn't like him knowing about bran and rickon being alive and as well as the scene with him signing the order for help in the show. Attacking the boltons will contradict all of that.

duckroll

I don't think he would do something so reckless, but then again, I didn't think he would be so stupid to do all the crap he did in the last book either. For a character who is generally written as a mature young man who is level headed and has the potential to be a great leader, the way he handles everything leading to him getting stabbed always felt somewhat out of character. Him getting stabbed was the logical outcome of his actions, but the actions he took felt really forced.

Patriots7

What if Davos takes Sansa on a trip to find the brothers, condensing both their storylines?
It's not much of a trip. Davis is passing Last Hearth to march on Winterfell. Sansa will likely head north from Winterfell to either the Wall or to Last Hearth.

This might be an outlandish thought, but what if Littlefinger has Rickon or knows where he is?
Same Littlefinger who doesn't know that Ramsay is a monster that would rape and abuse Sansa, knows that the Starks are alive?

D&D logic makes me think that it's not that outlandish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom