• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
I recall reading a quote where GRRM said that the Starks that are still alive will reunite at Winterfell at some point.

So who's going to be the final hero of this story?

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Bran, or Arya?

Rickon

I really liked that visual imagery of the White Walker generals on horseback on top of the mountains shrouded by the blizzard as hell breaks loose below. That was fucking epic.

kwOJXfI.gif

Something has just occurred to me about Sansa's new storyline. When I read the books I was led to believe that Winterfell had some sort of magic tied to it. Bran the builder built the Wall and also built Winterfell. Winterfell's crypts are very mysterious and I was led to believe there was something down there which would be revealed at some point.

Anyway there is the saying that there must always be a Stark in Winterfell. When I read the books it led me to believe that Winter (as in the White Walkers) returned because there are no Stark's in Winterfell, however now Sansa is in Winterfell that kind of killed that theory for me.
well, plenty of winters have passed with a Stark being in Winterfell.

There is something to the "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" that's been elided so far imo. A handful of theories tie it into the crypts and/or the GNC, which explains why the rest of the North has a vested interest in removing the Boltons.

Shit like this piss me off tbh...why did she go full emo, why not remain badass and atleast try to fight till the end.

One of the most common tropes in zombie horror is the mental toll of facing an enemy that looks so much like those we love, only twisted. Most people have a breaking point, but even a moments hesitation where you're like, "hey, I used to date that guy's sister", and bam, you're dead.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Hardhome stuff was great, although fuck WiC for posting pics on the FB feed. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I got spoiled. :p

Good to see Wun-Wun kickin' butt.

Grief51

Banned
I have to say it is quite funny lurking in the Unsullied thread. A lot of them are like "OMG thought for a moment Jon was going to die in the battle. No he's too important they will spare him"

They will go nuts when Olly brutally stabs Jon in the back :D

I really would like a thread for viewers to finally start reading but I suppose it will be less populated than a re-read thread.

If I do it, will anyone partake? It will be after the season is over, a few weeks or so after.

If Winds does come out before the next season it would be a great idea I think.

I'm actually about to start a re-read myself, so I think I would participate in such a thread.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
So who's going to be the final hero of this story?

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Bran, or Arya?

No heroes, they will all die in episode 9 season 8. Episode 10 will just be the others talking about how worthless the Stark's ended up being this cycle. Credits roll...

Fantastic episode. I loved Tormund beating Rattleshirt to death (I gather) and those zombi kids were creepy. Wun Wun was great.

They're.....gradually......getting.....away........
That did indeed look silly.

When Jon gets stabbed he'd better get properly fucking Caesar'd with his brothers chanting the oath as they murder him. Not some crap with Olly sliding up, stabbing him and legging it Roose Bolton style.
Yeah, I'm starting to worry it's going to be something only done by Olly, rather than Aliser Thorne et al.

Yeah, there are quite a few people in the unsullied thread who don't quite grasp how much LF has fucked the kingdom in his rise to power. The entire Stark/Lannister war is his fault, including the dagger he blamed on Tyrion, (and only Tyrion is aware that LF is the one who...fingered him). He's no more a father figure to Sansa than he was a friend to Ned or a lover to Lysa, he destroyed their lives to make himself a great Lord.

What if LF is secretly a White Walker.. duh duh duh.

Am I correct in assuming that Dragon Steel doesn't drop the wrights like it does the walkers, as in not instantly? I remember Jon stabbing one in season 1 in Mormont's quarters with longclaw

Am I correct in assuming that Dragon Steel doesn't drop the wrights like it does the walkers, as in not instantly? I remember Jon stabbing one in season 1 in Mormont's quarters with longclaw

I don't think he long Longclaw until after that scene, but I'm pretty sure you're right that Valyrian Steel doesn't do anything special against the wights. I guess it might cut them up better, but the parts will still come for you.

I don't think he long Longclaw until after that scene, but I'm pretty sure you're right that Valyrian Steel doesn't do anything special against the wights. I guess it might cut them up better, but the parts will still come for you.

Ok. I was thinking about how you deal with The Army of Winter. Being able to drop a walker doesn't mean much with the hordes behind them. It really has to be dragons.

Damn! If only they could swim you could lure them into Blackwater Bay and use wildfire :p

Joni

Something has just occurred to me about Sansa's new storyline. When I read the books I was led to believe that Winterfell had some sort of magic tied to it. Bran the builder built the Wall and also built Winterfell. Winterfell's crypts are very mysterious and I was led to believe there was something down there which would be revealed at some point.

Anyway there is the saying that there must always be a Stark in Winterfell. When I read the books it led me to believe that Winter (as in the White Walkers) returned because there are no Stark's in Winterfell, however now Sansa is in Winterfell that kind of killed that theory for me.

There still is no Stark in Winterfall, there is only Sansa Bolton. I think it is more like there must always be a Stark leading the north/guarding the castle. Sansa is not in that position.

Damerman

Does anyone know what happened to joffrey's sword? I really hope that Ice gets to make a comeback, even if it means that brienne(huge fan of hers) dies in order for oathkeeper to make it into a stark's possession.

Does anyone know what happened to joffrey's sword? I really hope that Ice gets to make a comeback, even if it means that brienne(huge fan of hers) dies in order for oathkeeper to make it into a stark's possession.

We don't know yet, but presumably it quietly passed to Tommen. You don't throw out or bury Valyrian steel, and presumably Tywin wasn't enough of an idiot to do that.

Drazgul

What needs to happen is that Ice gets reforged. Brienne doesn't deserve Oathkeeper, she's done nothing but fuck things up.

Then Jon can dualwield Ice and Longclaw because video games have shown that dualwielding is totally badass.

Damerman

What needs to happen is that Ice gets reforged. Brienne doesn't deserve Oathkeeper, she's done nothing but fuck things up.

Then Jon can dualwield Ice and Longclaw because video games have shown that dualwielding is totally badass.
This analysis is nothing short of scientific. Bomb ass post, i agree.

We don't know yet, but presumably it quietly passed to Tommen. You don't throw out or bury Valyrian steel, and presumably Tywin wasn't enough of an idiot to do that.
Hmm, it would really be tragic if somehow arya makes it to kings landing, kills tommen(excuse my horribly unfounded prediction), but then overlooks the sword.

Drazgul

Hmm, it would really be tragic if somehow arya makes it to kings landing, kills tommen(excuse my horribly unfounded prediction), but then overlooks the sword.

That would be fitting, Widow's Wail ending up with Arya. Which is why they probably won't do it.

Randyll Tarly also has a valyrian steel sword (Heartsbane, a greatsword like Ice was), all the other known swords in Westeros (that are accounted for) are held by entirely irrelevant characters IIRC.

Speevy

Banned
I just thought of something. If you can burn the dead men, why didn't anyone have any fire?

I dunno...I know they were in a hurry, but it seems like someone might have thought of this.

Pkaz01

That would be fitting, Widow's Wail ending up with Arya. Which is why they probably won't do it.

Randyll Tarly also has a valyrian steel sword (Heartsbane, a greatsword like Ice was), all the other known swords in Westeros (that are accounted for) are held by entirely irrelevant characters IIRC.

I really want Arya to find Dark Sister, it would be perfect

Ambient80

Just caught up on that episode.

Ho. Ly. Fuck. Best episode of the series? Certainly the best large scale battle, and I don't even think it's close. It was just incredible.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That was intense. As they were rowing away at the end I was scared for a moment that Wun Wun was gonna try to get on Jon's boat and sink it.

methodman

Banned
So even if book 6 releases before season 6 like grrm said earlier today... What will happen in two years for season 7? Book 7 wouldn't come out until 2019 at minimum imo. I see a lot of complaining by GRRM and his editors lol

golem

The dagger that Lf owned

Kuros

So even if book 6 releases before season 6 like grrm said earlier today... What will happen in two years for season 7? Book 7 wouldn't come out until 2019 at minimum imo. I see a lot of complaining by GRRM and his editors lol

The show will go on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

The show is going to end long before the book series is complete - even if they go 8 seasons, it'll still end up spoiling all of the major events from the books unless GRRM either 1. changes things from what he originally told D&D or 2. pulls an irl twist and reveals that ADOS is already done and will be out a year after TWOW.

The show is going to end long before the book series is complete - even if they go 8 seasons, it'll still end up spoiling all of the major events from the books unless GRRM either 1. changes things from what he originally told D&D or 2. pulls an irl twist and reveals that ADOS is already done and will be out a year after TWOW.
Don't Do this to me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom