• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetman

The HS wouldn't kill the mother queen, he just wants to publicly humiliate her. Some say because he wants to teach a lesson to the nobles. Those of us who know the truth say it's because he is Howland Reed and he's getting revenge for the Starks. Winter is coming.

What is the theory behind why the High Sparrow could be Howland Reed? What book hints were there?

golem

I am curious what makes valryian steel valryian steel. Is it the composition of elements in the steel or an enchantment? When Ice was reforged did the properties of the steel persist?

What is the theory behind why the High Sparrow could be Howland Reed? What book hints were there?

The main basis of the theory is that the visual description of the High Sparrow is very close to how crannogmen are described to look like.

I am curious what makes valryian steel valryian steel. Is it the composition of elements in the steel or an enchantment? When Ice was reforged did the properties of the steel persist?

Valyrian smiths weave spells into the steel which gives it its (in the books) characteristic looks.
There's some smiths who can keep most (if not all) of the spells of it intact, though iirc reforging still "degrades" the quality.

Brakke

Banned
first couple times I looked at that gif it I thought you were talking about the cliff; sort of has an eye socket and a range of icicles like fangs. a big ice dragon skull.

I see it though. Total lunacy to expect it means anything. Probably VFX guys recycling some animation of Drogon flying and compositing it in for a laugh.

Iksenpets

Banned
I don't even classify that as "not so crazy" it's straight up loony tunes. The whole theory is based on countless people lying about a sword which they have no reason to lie about.

It also relies on Jon never thinking "Wait, I've never heard about House Mormont having a Valyrian steel sword." These things are famous. If they had one, it would be common knowledge to any Northern noble.

methodman

Banned
New Theory:

Jon dies. He wargs into Ghost. His body is resurrected by the Night King. He wargs back into his re-resurrected body and is now reborn.

Snake

After staring at that gif for about two minutes I will admit that one time around it looked like wings flapping, but an extended examination just makes it seem like denser clouds dissipating.

bengraven

Okay, so I'm working a really boring temp job doing some data entry and data verification calls.

In between calls I need to keep my mind awake so I've been reading the official Ice and Fire app to catch up on character's histories or Dance information that went by fast and I may have missed bits and pieces.

It helped me with my newest theory and I'm pretty much certain this is going to happen:

Garlan is going to marry either Arianne or a Sand Snake. Maybe the one in Old Town?

That'd be fun during the break between seasons. I've been considering a leisurely reread of the series. What is the 6 months estimate based on? One chapter every ___ days?

I was just throwing out the time frame. I'd need to crunch it down, but I'd do something fairly leisurely. 3-5 chapters a week? Should cover the series until next March/April I believe?

We'd start about two weeks after episode 10. Or maybe the Sunday after to have something to look forward to since the show wasn't going to be on screens!

bengraven

Am I...bad...for thinking the wildling woman looks hotter as a wight...

Awesome conspiracy theory images as to the identity of the Night's King that I grabbed from Reddit:
Night's King, Castles, Crows, and Clasps

It's a rook on a rook.

Also, why can white walkers stroll through fire?

Isn't that like, their weakness? Imagine if Charizard went swimming.

I have a theory on that, actually. I think they may have both powers - ice AND fire. They just don't use fire because they're in the north.

I had a really good reason why (a connection between the great other and the Red God - likely being the same person hence the resurrections) but I've mostly forgotten it.

Great joke.

Anyways, have you guys seen this?https://youtu.be/TfvVluNxujc?t=22m8s

Its from March, but at around 22min, Kit says that he'd like to be a warg and "put myself into a wolf." Everyone laughs, but D&D respond with: "two words for you: season six."

Holy shit, that confirms it doesn't it?

That it's all a fan theory and they're aware of it and so that's not how it's going to happen...?

kirblar

George RR Martin: "Names Jon's Direwolf Ghost" "Vision of MAN WOLF MAN"

Fans: "But are we sure he's going to warg into Ghost and get resurrected?"

This isn't a fan theory, it's what Martin's told us will happen. The fun question/speculative part is how.

Moff

Great joke.

Anyways, have you guys seen this?https://youtu.be/TfvVluNxujc?t=22m8s

Its from March, but at around 22min, Kit says that he'd like to be a warg and "put myself into a wolf." Everyone laughs, but D&D respond with: "two words for you: season six."

RG0BS1U.gif

this pretty much confirms season 5 ends with the book cliffhanger

Moff

I think what is unknown is of Jon gets resurrected or just lives out in ghost. Of course 99% he does get resurrected.

no I think they moved melisandre away from castle black so people won't wonder why she didn't just ressurect him right there. season 5 will end with his "death" and he won't be ressurected right there. his eyes may or may not turn white though. and at some point during season 6 she will move him back to his body, this might be different in the books but the show will not discard kit harrington.

bengraven

lol, two episodes left and we haven't seen shit from Winds except a supposed a scene with Tyrion and Dany.

Paranoia abated.

bengraven

She's extra hot as a German. You should watch Pitch Perfect 2. (actually you shouldn't that movie was terrible but this lady's parts were good)

I would only watch Pitch Perfect for one reason.

anna-kendrick-laugh.gif

But in the weird case that I did, I would be interested in seeing wildling sing...

I mentioned this yesterday, but I think Valyrian steel is forged in dragon's fire. I think it is also called Dragon steel in the books. My theory is that this will unite the kingdoms to follow Dany since she will be the only source of new Valyrian weapons.

I mentioned this yesterday, but I think Valyrian steel is forged in dragon's fire. I think it is also called Dragon steel in the books. My theory is that this will unite the kingdoms to follow Dany since she will be the only source of new Valyrian weapons.

There are references in text books that the others are weak to Dragonglass (obsidian) and Dragonsteel. Jon and Sam believe dragonsteel to be Valyrian Steel.

That makes me wonder, how do they write around the fact that dragons vs. white walkers would be a completely one-sided battle? If Drogon had been at Hardhome the series would be over already. Do they have secret anti-dragon weapons?

Zabka

That makes me wonder, how do they write around the fact that dragons vs. white walkers would be a completely one-sided battle? If Drogon had been at Hardhome the series would be over already. Do they have secret anti-dragon weapons?

I bet ice spears will fuck a dragon up. It's not like they're invincible. Boring ass humans were able to wipe them out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Interesting reddit theory: Longclaw is actually Blackfyre

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/388feg/spoilers_all_with_renewed_longclaw_hype_i_present/

Always can depend on reddit for some Valyrian tinfoil.
I did find it weird that Blackfyre didn't show up in The Mystery Knight.

Ice Dragon. :p

Speevy

Banned

Unless Drogon is a secret whitewalker. It is one of the series' more implausible theories.

Brakke

Banned
I would only watch Pitch Perfect for one reason.

anna-kendrick-laugh.gif

But in the weird case that I did, I would be interested in seeing wildling sing...

Yeah there's a subplot about Anna Kendrick being sexually confused by how babely that wildling babe is. Just sit in the back and spend most of the movie goofing on GAF or whatever and look up every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom