• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh after rewatching the Jon vs. White Walker gif I just realized what a huge, huge missed opportunity it was for him to take that ice sword after defeating him.

Me too please!

Wouldn't it be really cold? I remember the books make it seem like just their mere presence makes it difficult to breathe.

bengraven

Yeah there's a subplot about Anna Kendrick being sexually confused by how babely that wildling babe is. Just sit in the back and spend most of the movie goofing on GAF or whatever and look up every once in a while.

I will seriously watch them someday if only to see what the fuss is that something so perky could beat Max.

And Anna Kendrick...

Nope.

JUST RACIST!1111!!!!!11!!!1!!!11

hqdefault.jpg

Remember when PM begging was a bannable offense? Those were good times.
It still is. :)

84eTPuF.gif

Not going to ban anyone here, but let's knock off the PM begging as it's derailing the thread. You're all resourceful maesters in training that can figure this stuff out for yourselves. Thanks.

Iksenpets

Banned
oops please ignore.

Lol, you guys don't get yourself banned over this! I just read it and it smells pretty fake to me. And not fake in the crazy "there's no way they'd do that!" way. Just fake in the this is all too vague and way too safe and predictable way.

And the gif isn't anything that will surprise anyone. Just some footage from one of the shoots that happened to be in a public place. Don't worry about it.

Brakke

Banned
Did you guys never realize that you can *send* PMs. If you want a PM from someone, you could ask them for one directly... you know, over PM.

Some fun stuff in the video. Edd talking about how he can't swim was amusing. I wish they did more behind the scenes in-season, but I suppose most of that is reserved for the dvds.

I was just throwing out the time frame. I'd need to crunch it down, but I'd do something fairly leisurely. 3-5 chapters a week? Should cover the series until next March/April I believe?

We'd start about two weeks after episode 10. Or maybe the Sunday after to have something to look forward to since the show wasn't going to be on screens!
Cool. I'll crosspost something in the book thread and we can spitball ideas over there.

I was just throwing out the time frame. I'd need to crunch it down, but I'd do something fairly leisurely. 3-5 chapters a week? Should cover the series until next March/April I believe?

We'd start about two weeks after episode 10. Or maybe the Sunday after to have something to look forward to since the show wasn't going to be on screens!
Will the plans account for that Q1 2016 Winds release?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I just checked and there are 344 chapters across the 5 books so you'd need more than that. Just say you started a couple of weeks after the season ended and wanted to be done by the end of March, that would be about 9 chapters a week.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Finally caught up with the last episode which was great. But after that I'm only more convinced of how absolutely horrible of an idea it would be to end the season with Jon's stabbing, even if it seems more and more likely.

Speevy

Banned
The leak is at least half rubbish. If this person is right, he or she didn't get the whole episode because the official HBO stuff isn't covered. It is not that the events are implausible though. I will say that I *hope* the spoilers are wrong, since it pretty well abandons the books on all counts.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Just finished A Dance with Dragons, so, hi people. I can finally join in.

Where can I find the released chapters for the next book?

I'll PM you since that's more of a strictly book question and this is more of a show thread. That said, don't forget to look up theories and stuff you may have missed reading like "Frey Pies."

Iksenpets

Banned
Huh, the one I read was so benign it sounded accurate. It was basically what any person could piece together from the preview and season story.

It's so benign I think it's fake. It's the exact thing someone with no knowledge would make up because it's so safe some of it is bound to be right. Plus there are like no details. Someone who had actually seen it would have way more specific thoughts than that.

Just finished A Dance with Dragons, so, hi people. I can finally join in.

Where can I find the released chapters for the next book?

If you scroll down in this post, there's a section on released chapters with links to ones that are available online. https://bryndenbfish.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/the-complete-winds-of-winter-resource/

That episode was so fucking incredible. Every bit of it. From the Southern stuff in Kings Landing, to Dany and Tyrion (JEsus, finally, I care about Dany's story again), to obviously that insanely incredible battle...

I seriously almost like... got misty when Valyrian steel shredded a white walker because I was like "FINALLY! SOMETHING WE'VE ALL THOUGHT FOR 15 YEARS CONFIRMED!"

nib95

Banned
Edit: Dammit, didn't know PM begging was bannable lol. Never mind :(

Is there a preview video of the upcoming episode yet?

Speevy

Banned
The bit about Hizdahr sounds troublingly real. Like one of those dumb aha moments the writers would totally do. I'm not really sure where the boundary is for discussing speculation.

I could say Ramsay dies and it's almost certain this has been planned already, but this doesn't give me an inside edge. What I will say is that whatever they do, it is bound to be somewhat of a letdown coming off hard home.

Is that the most impressive action sequence ever in a TV show?

Which is weird in contrast to the fighting pits in episode 7. I got all hyped up for that scene thinking it was gonna be something like Gladiator when the fighters were waiting in the tunnel and it ended up being a couple of scrubs fighting each other in a back yard.

That whole scene made me appreciate Spartacus a whole lot more actually.

Massa

Huh, the one I read was so benign it sounded accurate. It was basically what any person could piece together from the preview and season story.

Fake leak I saw said it was from Sky UK but contradicts some early set photos with Jorah (and sounds ridiculous too).

Also seems pretty silly with the Arya stuff, I bet she'll kill Trant with poison.

Brakke

Banned
Is that the most impressive action sequence ever in a TV show?

Up there for sure. I'm partial to True D's super long take. In the same vein, that battle at Castle Black last season was preeeetty good. Cook with his cleaver still my bae.

Also Daredevil's hallway fight was cool but it was basically just a fight, no drama or stakes there, really.

I guess I'm just a sucker for a long take.

Which is weird in contrast to the fighting pits in episode 7. I got all hyped up for that scene thinking it was gonna be something like Gladiator when the fighters were waiting in the tunnel and it ended up being a couple of scrubs fighting each other in a back yard.

What they revealed in that episode weren't the true meereenese fighting pits which are like a gladiatorial arena, it was just a scrub pit somewhere that they contrived to put Dany there.

Speevy

Banned

The fighting pits you saw in ep. 7 were the lower rank pits.

Is there a preview video of the upcoming episode yet?
Preview
Up there for sure. I'm partial to True D's super long take. In the same vein, that battle at Castle Black last season was preeeetty good. Cook with his cleaver still my bae.

Also Daredevil's hallway fight was cool but it was basically just a fight, no drama or stakes there, really.

I guess I'm just a sucker for a long take.
Yeah I'm a big sucker for long/single camera take shots as well.

I think it's so impressive, and is just sticking in my head all day due to the accumulation of technical excellence of the sequence as well it's meaning in the narrative, which just slams the viewer in the face (and the characters) with a sense of dread and despair that few stories are able to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom