• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Wolf's name is "Ghost."
Varamyr Six Skins prologue showing the death of a warg.
Man-Wolf-Man vision by Melisandre.

Yeah, I think it's safe to bet he'll warg into Ghost.

That Ghost CG is expensive ya know. Maybe they'll make him into a wigjt because they just showed how that process occurs. Who knows.

I wonder if Ser Robert Strongs zombification is closer to wight-ification, Rhhlor, or something else entirely.

There are several semi-zombification/resurrection methods in the series.

-wights (ice zombies)
-Beric Dondarrion/Lady Stoneheart (seemingly much more sentient fire zombies)
-Ser Robert Strong (science zombies with six dead prostitutes for a head)
-greyscale (kinda)
-Coldhands (not a wight, so presumably some sort of tree-magic zombie)

And probably one or two that I'm forgetting.

Crisco

Banned
In all reality, a zombie army shouldn't be much of a threat to fully grown dragons, especially if the WWs don't know they are coming.

If we count methods that didn't really work out but might have some basis behind it, there's also Karl Drogo via blood magic.

That too (though I'm not 100% clear on how well-differentiated blood magic is from whatever fire magic stuff Melisandre and Thoros and Moqorro are doing).

Damerman

We'll probably get a scene of him ruling the shit out of the kingdoms next episode to set up his death in the finale.

to be honest, with the way they royally fucked up with varys just because they didn't want to hire Illyrio Mopatis, i would not be surprised if he is killed next season. It would be jarring if varys just showed up out of nowhere.

Iksenpets

Banned
Speaking of Varamyr, guess rumors of his casting were bullshit? Wasn't he supposed to be at Hardhome?

Casting report never said where he'd be. I guess he could show up in the group of Wildlings Jon has with him now? Or maybe sometime after casting started he got written out?

That too (though I'm not 100% clear on how well-differentiated blood magic is from whatever fire magic stuff Melisandre and Thoros and Moqorro are doing).

I'm 90% sure they're really the same thing. It's all about the sacrifice of living blood, whether you burn it, dump it into a weirwood, or do whatever the hell they did with Drogo.

duckroll

While we might never know the specifics, blood magic is represented in the books and the show as more a witchcraft/voodoo thing with no relation to fire magic which is directly linked to the religious worship of the Lord of Light. Maggy the Frog is another example of blood magic I think.

to be honest, with the way they royally fucked up with varys just because they didn't want to hire Illyrio Mopatis, i would not be surprised if he is killed next season. It would be jarring if varys just showed up out of nowhere.

I mean, he's been gone since episode like 2 or 3 (I think), so it wouldn't be completely unrealistic given the amount of (in-show) time that has passed since then. It works as a twist too because people are expecting him to be heading to Meereen. Someone posted a while ago that Varys knew Jorah was going to be there and knew he would take Tyrion to Dany... which blew my mind because I had never thought about that.

Of course they could just replace Varys with Littlefinger and it would work just as well. Though then the question is brought up as to why the hell either of them would go to effort of sneaking through the castle to kill them and not just hiring an assassin. Not sure they can fix that problem.

Turin

Banned
I am conflicted about cleganebowl, it is dumb fan servive, but I would love to see it happen.
I think the best case scenario is for it to happen in the show but not in the books

I think cleganebowl works if, by the time they meet, neither one is remotely the same person as when the two would have been fueled by hate for eachother. It sounds like something GRRM would do.

Yeah it would be fun to discuss the chapters with everyone as we go.

Yeah, D&D confirmed that Rory is not in Season 5, but unsurprisingly that refused to confirm his fate after the end of season 4.

Oh5g2.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Was it not Tyrion's idea to stop on the way to see Dany? He either didn't know or D&D are drunk again. Maybe it was little finger for some damn reason.

There's a fairly strong fan theory that a grave digger in AFFC is a healed and repentant Sandor.

I would say it's pretty obvious. There is absolutely no reason for GRRM to have the characters waste several lines talking about some random super-tall gravedigger who showed up wounded and happens to be the only guy who can control the Hound's horse if it weren't the Hound.

Yeah it would be fun to discuss the chapters with everyone as we go.

Yeah, D&D confirmed that Rory is not in Season 5, but unsurprisingly they refused to confirm his fate after the end of season 4.

I would wager that even if Cleganebowl doesn't happen in the books, it will happen on the show.

I would wager that even if Cleganebowl doesn't happen in the books, it will happen on the show.

how do you bring back the hound in the series ? he's been left to die in the middle of nowhere, and there was no introduction at all of anything related
the mountain is a given, they couldn't even have made it more obvious...

Forkball

toilet paper could
cause she's a shit character
Don't talk about The Night's Queen that way.
how do you bring back the hound in the series ? he's been left to die in the middle of nowhere, and there was no introduction at all of anything related
Tinfoil hat here, but I think they actually did set up the Hound returning in the show. In the book, the gravedigger is on some isle that is a religious refuge. It is here where someone drops the specifically worded, "The Hound is dead. Sandor Clegane is at peace." quote. It makes sense that he could possibly be used by the Faith in some way (thought it is noted that the gravedigger is injured and walks with a limp, so he may not be up to a battle).

In the show, we aren't going to the Quiet Isle, but there was a scene last year that made me think it was a setup for the Hound serving as the Faith's champion, or at the very least being associated with them in some way. Last season, the Hound and Arya stayed the night with a man and his daughter. The Hound paid the man's generosity back by stealing his silver and beating him up. In those scenes, the man's devotion to the Faith was repeatedly highlighted, as was his overall kindness. My theory is that the Hound makes his way back to that man since doesn't know where else to go that would be safe. Normally you'd think he would tell the Hound to get bent, but I can see the man forgiving him, and Sandor may play up some lost sheep angle to get the man to trust him in order to survive. Sandor then finds himself tied with the sparrows. Perhaps not out of a religious awakening, but due to revenge and the desperate need to survive. THEN CLEGANEBOWL

I can't really think of any other reason to be casting Meribald next season other than to reintroduce the 'gravedigger'.

Forkball

Judging by the sudden emphasis on greyscale earlier this season and considering what happened as a result... this is extremely likely.

Jon will have an eventful last three episodes.

Episode 8: Kills white walker
Episode 9: Learns to warg
Episode 10: Comes back from the dead

Think of what the Sand Snakes have done in their three episodes compared to that.

Iksenpets

Banned
Yeah they did, and I don't know where the hell he's been thus far.

It's Conan Stevens in The Hobbit all over again. I wonder if Varamyr was an asshole, too?

Their hatred for Conan Stevens knows no bounds. They wrote the role of Varamyr and sent it to Conan and told him they were so sorry. We were wrong, and we wrote this great new role for you. They took all the money that had been for the Dornish plot and used it to have Conan film his solo Varamyr plot on a freezing Icelandic glacier. Every week he's been tuning in waiting to see when the story pops up, not realizing that D&D never even turned the cameras on, and it was all an elaborate troll.

This makes me sad we didn't get the traditional random Salladhor scene this season. I wanted him and Tormund on the boat making dirty jokes before the battle.

Casting report never said where he'd be. I guess he could show up in the group of Wildlings Jon has with him now? Or maybe sometime after casting started he got written out?
D&D are not subtle. They'll need a character to expressly tell Jon, "You're a warg, someone who can project themselves into an animal." And they'll definitely show scenes of the wildling warg from the earlier season, with an emphasis on his eyes rolling white.

foxtrot3d

Banned
D&D are not subtle. They'll need a character to expressly tell Jon, "You're a warg, someone who can project themselves into an animal." And they'll definitely show scenes of the wildling warg from the earlier season, with an emphasis on his eyes rolling white.

I definitely see this which of course will make show watchers go "what?" because it's never been built up.

Moff

Without the Aegon storyline, think we'll still see Varys kill Kevan Lannister?

of course. the king of the realm and his army are in complete chaos witthout kevan. that is exactly what varys needs for whoever he wants to conquer westeros, be it dany or aegon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom