• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that Jon Snow killed one of the major white walkers we saw last season when the Night's King debuted. The ones that were in a line as NK was walking up to the baby alter. Someone's getting promoted!

Also, the changes to the Night's King look has me hoping they do a similar overhaul for Bloodraven and Leaf next year.

tumblr_n4xc9gLDS91qzg8nso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_np94fuGkal1s5m21go1_250.gif

Reading this, all I could thing of was Aizen and Hueco Mundo.

Ikael

Frankergregor will probably be The Mountain's reanimated corpse. Since he will be headless, he will be without any will of his own, more like a remotely operated flesh robot than a Frankenstein monster.

As for the girls that Qyburn "needs" for his studies of necromancy and golem-building, keep in mind that we already have a natural organ that is able to create another organs and human body parts: The placenta and the utherus...

Also, in another news regarding season 6 locations, the GoT crew is pondering to film in yet another Spanish locale: Las Bardenas reales, a cold, desolate desert in the northern parts of Spain. I bet that the fact that there's the Olite castle nearby also has to do with it too.

Keep in mind that it is yet to be confirmed, the HBO crew is just "scouting" the area, but I think that there are two obvious firm candidates for this type of location: A Dornish desert or... Asshai herself. The Bardenas Reales definitely looks more like real life Mordor than an sandy desert, me thinks. Judge for yourselves, guys:

Turin

Banned
The sky in those pics of Bardenas Reales makes me think of Starfall. We'll never see Starfall in the show. -_-

I still have a sliver of hope for Greywater Watch.

Iksenpets

Banned
Frankergregor will probably be The Mountain's reanimated corpse. Since he will be headless, he will be without any will of his own, more like a remotely operated flesh robot than a Frankenstein monster.

As for the girls that Qyburn "needs" for his studies of necromancy and golem-building, keep in mind that we already have a natural organ that is able to create another organs and human body parts: The placenta and the utherus...

Also, in another news regarding season 6 locations, the GoT crew is pondering to film in yet another Spanish locale: Las Bardenas reales, a cold, desolate desert in the northern parts of Spain. I bet that the fact that there's the Olite castle nearby also has to do with it too.

Keep in mind that it is yet to be confirmed, the HBO crew is just "scouting" the area, but I think that there are two obvious firm candidates for this type of location: A Dornish desert or... Asshai herself. The Bardenas Reales definitely looks more like real life Mordor than an sandy desert, me thinks. Judge for yourselves, guys:

That definitely looks like a Dornish setting to me, unless the Essos plot is going to take us back to a desert with Tyrion or something. I doubt it's Asshai just because I doubt we're ever going there, and if we did it would probably be done with a lot of CGI. That place has to look not just barren but unnatural.

Kyougar

That definitely looks like a Dornish setting to me, unless the Essos plot is going to take us back to a desert with Tyrion or something. I doubt it's Asshai just because I doubt we're ever going there, and if we did it would probably be done with a lot of CGI. That place has to look not just barren but unnatural.

like Valyria? ....

Asshai in the show would just look like Ireland. Like the dornish "desert" and Valyria.

dubq

I don't want to read through all of the posts, but are we speculating that the Mountain will be headless on the show? The entire head-of-Gregor-to-Dorne thing has never been a part of the shows story..

Jayof9s

I know that's the common theory, but how in the world do you pass off a dwarfs skull for the largest man in the kingdoms.

I seem to recall (in the book) they made a huge point out of how over-sized the one dwarf's head was and it isn't like dwarfs have particularly tiny heads.

It could go either way in my mind.

Trasher

I just realized that Jon Snow killed one of the major white walkers we saw last season when the Night's King debuted. The ones that were in a line as NK was walking up to the baby alter. Someone's getting promoted!

Also, the changes to the Night's King look has me hoping they do a similar overhaul for Bloodraven and Leaf next year.

tumblr_np94fuGkal1s5m21go1_250.gif
He looks the same? Only thing different is the lighting it seems.

Speevy

Banned
Are any more leaks likely before episode 9?

I wonder if Dany's people will completely turn on her before she leaves on Drogon.

Also, where are Dany's soldiers while this event is going on? In the previews, there are just a handful of them.

dubq

The actual facial features and stuff look more or less the same, but they at least increased how transparent and ice-like his head/skin looks in the latest appearance.

Also, I think the first view we get of him is through the baby's POV, so that could account for why things look a bit different.

-griffy-

Banned
Also, I think the first view we get of him is through the baby's POV, so that could account for why things look a bit different.

Could be.

To go further, in the first appearance, it looked like they were going more for this kind of material on his skin:
More white/snow-like, so any "cracks" would appear dark. Which you can see up in his horns, but they end up looking kind of like veins which I don't think was the intention:

The second appearance, they've made him more translucent, so the "cracks" appear brighter, and there's more depth/parallax when you see his head move in closeup. The skin looks more like below, which I think looks better and more otherworldly:
game-of-thrones-hardhome-night-king_0.jpg

FrigidEh

Anyone see a dragon in the dark patch next to the Night's King's head in that poster? Reminds me of the gif from before.

Honestly think that would be a great twist.

Anyone see a dragon in the dark patch next to the Night's King's head in that poster? Reminds me of the gif from before.

Honestly think that would be a great twist.

There are/were no dragons. It's a tent/small wooden structure. If they were going to all that trouble to hint at dragons, they would have made it a little more explicit than blurry smudges in the background.

FrigidEh

There are/were no dragons. It's a tent/small wooden structure. If they were going to all that trouble to hint at dragons, they would have made it a little more explicit than blurry smudges in the background.

And this is a dark smudge on a poster with multiple dark smudges. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Finished reading all the (main) books this week, and now going through reading The Hedge Knight and The World of Ice & Fire to learn even more backstory for the world.

Also, (slowly) rewatching season 1, and it's amazing how it seems to get even better after you get all caught up on the books.

I also wonder if they ever considered doing a "prequel" season so Martin could hurry up with The Winds of Winter, but I imagine a lot of people who don't read the books would absolutely hate it. Myself, I wouldn't mind seeing the Children of the Forest, Andals, Baleron the Dread, the Targaryen dynasty, etc. Most likely it would cost a fortune and take more than one season to do, though.

Patriots7

Finished reading all the (main) books this week, and now going through reading The Hedge Knight and The World of Ice & Fire to learn even more backstory for the world.

Also, (slowly) rewatching season 1, and it's amazing how it seems to get even better after you get all caught up on the books.

I also wonder if they ever considered doing a "prequel" season so Martin could hurry up with The Winds of Winter, but I imagine a lot of people who don't read the books would absolutely hate it. Myself, I wouldn't mind seeing the Children of the Forest, Andals, Baleron the Dread, the Targaryen dynasty, etc. Most likely it would cost a fortune and take more than one season to do, though.
Time Warner will whore this bad boy to the ground. I guarantee that we'll get a ton of these as movies.

Season 1 felt more like a love letter to the people who read the books than any of the latter seasons.
It was also the easiest to film. Less characters, storylines didn't divert as much. Writers not as comfortable with the characters yet so they stuck to canon more closely.

Amir0x

Banned
So I was really behind and didn't see any of this season until I started it a few nights ago and I just finished episode eight.

What the fuck at the ending of that episode

just what the fuck

foxtrot3d

Banned

Wonderful, now you can dive into the wide world of book theories that comes bundled with your own free tinfoil.

- Warming Glow: Game Of Lulz: The Internet’s Funniest Reactions To This Week’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ (featuring Jon Snow with a lightsaber, gifs, and all sorts of additional nonsense)
- Grantland: ‘Game of Thrones’ Precap: Tommen’s Successors, the Greatest Battles, and the Night’s King’s Meme (Hardhome vs Blackwater vs Castle Black battles and more)

They need to make an indie action game in the GoT universe with that art style.
The art style from the posters reminds me a lot of The Banner Saga.

Re-read thread will be up this weekend.
Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom