• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the other thread:

iIypoVh.png

lol

Oh god, laughed out loud when I scrolled down to see the last picture.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Why is more and more that I feel that the Qyburn put either Robb Or Ned's head on Gregor's body to make Robert Strong? It just feels like something GRRM would do...

Ratrat

Why is more and more that I feel that the Qyburn put either Robb Or Ned's head on Gregor's body to make Robert Strong? It just feels like something GRRM would do...
Where are people getting these Frankenstein ideas from? The mountain never actually died as far as we know and his head was certainly not removed from his body. And I dont see what advantage some prostitue limbs would do him.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Where are people getting these Frankenstein ideas from? The mountain never actually died as far as we know and his head was certainly not removed from his body. And I dont see what advantage some prostitue limbs would do him.

...In the books they sent his head to Drone. Last I checked that's something you don't just walk off.

I think there's a reason for the armor and the helmet. Dude never talks or takes it off...I think it's going to be something fucked. It can't be Ned's head...it's been too long.

Ratrat

...In the books they sent his head to Drone. Last I checked that's something you don't just walk off.
It's heavily implied to be fake. Usually they would stick a head in pitch or alcohol. We know he's alive, sending his real head in an unverifiable state makes no sense.

He's covered up because they just sent his 'head' to Dorne.

Timbuktu

Poor Podeswa, his stuff was really good minus that Dorne fight scene, which he probably couldn't help. He can't help that he had to direct some scenes that no one was ever going to like.

Does any know exactly how directors of episodes on this show work? I mean, I always assumed that all the teams in the different locations have to be shooting stuff in parallel to their own schedule. So to direct episodes that crisscross all the storylines, are all the directors just flying all over the place or would each unit just have their own director that reports to the episode person, who does most of their work in editing?

I don't think it's unreasonable to infer that it isn't simply Gregor's body inside that armour. Quyburn has been locked away doing his creepy-ass 'work' for some time and has required a steady stream of women who aren't coming back from whatever he's using them for. There's also the dream Bran had about a giant suit of stone armour and when he opens the visor there's nothing but thick, black blood inside. I think Quyburn has made some sort of Golem, and probably didn't need Gregor's head.

Moff

well in the show at least, he specifically asked for the fake dwarfs head. so there seem to be some frankenstein shennanigans going on.

Moff

To me Robert Strong is headless Mountain, hence the helmet and the vow of silence

well both could be done to hide is original identity. doesnt mean there is no head, although I think the original head is gone.

I wonder when they will introduce him, in the books he picks up cersei after her walk, i don't see that happening in the show.

Ratrat

I don't think it's unreasonable to infer that it isn't simply Gregor's body inside that armour. Quyburn has been locked away doing his creepy-ass 'work' for some time and has required a steady stream of women who aren't coming back from whatever he's using them for. There's also the dream Bran had about a giant suit of stone armour and when he opens the visor there's nothing but thick, black blood inside. I think Quyburn has made some sort of Golem, and probably didn't need Gregor's head.
I just assumed he was experimenting with them and needed live subjects. Using their body parts on the Mountain just seems really weird. A dwarfs head and Lolys' sister are going to help make the strongest man in Westeros a superhuman?

I just assumed he was experimenting with them and needed live subjects. Using their body parts on the Mountain just seems really weird. A dwarfs head and Lolys' sister are going to help make the strongest man in Westeros a superhuman?
I don't think he's just lopping off limbs and sewing them together. I think he's using their 'tissues' for something though.

eot

Banned
didn't Bran have a vision where he saw The Mountain with no head?

Up for interpretation, but yes:

He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

"nothing inside" could also mean he's reanimated.

Dany taking off one ep from now doesn't seem to make sense in the show now. Tyrion just showed up to advise her, she seems relatively content, nothing crazy has gone on in the city in a few eps. Why would she just decide to up and abandon everyone on the spur of the moment?

Moff

Why would she just decide to up and abandon everyone on the spur of the moment?

I didn't feel she just said "oh FFS I have enough, let's get away from here buddy", jumped on drogon and flew away, in the books.
she is under attack and needs to flee, and she didn't control drogon, he just flew her somewhere. and that's exactly what will happen in the show.

I didn't feel she just said "oh FFS I have enough, let's get away from here buddy", jumped on drogon and flew away, in the books.
she is under attack and needs to flee, and she didn't control drogon, he just flew her somewhere. and that's exactly what will happen in the show.

Granted I don't remember those last two terrible books very well. But I thought she had been feeling trapped and overwhelmed, with the armies outside, the plague, the killings, turmoil over Daario, the Hizdahr marriage, no idea what to do about Mereen, etc. In the show she seems to be very mellow at the moment.

Read it multiple time on asoif but I'm not actually able to find their source other than a dated imdb page so it could just be bogus. On a side tangent I don't see the purpose of them even having Kevan at this point. He's done nothing to date (in the show) and if they decide to have Varys' assassins cut him it will almost be if some random extra died to the unsullied.

It won't take the man 5 minutes to start properly ruling to show the need for Varys to strike Kevan down before he can begin the salvaging process.

Forkball

Robert Strong clearly has no head. Bran's vision, the giant head being sent to Dorne, Strong's vow of silence and the fact that no one has seen him with his helmet off etc. Cleganebowl will be a hollow (teehee) victory for the Hound since he is basically fighting the headless corpse of his brother.

Now that we know Valyrian steel kills white walkers (worst kept secret ever), I'm sure it will play some part in the show. I think it's obvious that Jon will send Sam to Oldtown to learn more about the white walkers, and he might tell Sam to ask his dad for House Tarly's Valyrian steel sword Heartsbane. The series mentions some other Valyrian steel swords, but in the show we only know of the following:

Longclaw (wielded by Jon Snow)
Oathkeeper (wielded by Brienne)
Widow's Wail (Tommen has this I think?)
LF's dagger (maybe somewhere in Winterfell)

I definitely think Heartsbane will be brought up. The other known Valyrian steel swords seem to be owned by fairly minor families that haven't been mentioned in the show yet, but maybe they will be referenced.

Granted I don't remember those last two terrible books very well. But I thought she had been feeling trapped and overwhelmed, with the armies outside, the plague, the killings, turmoil over Daario, the Hizdahr marriage, no idea what to do about Mereen, etc. In the show she seems to be very mellow at the moment.

No, by that point she was actually doing well. She was feeling some distaste about her marriage to Hizdahr and especially the re-opening of the fighting pits, but the activities of the Sons of the Harpy had stopped, and a peace had been negotiated with the Yunkai. Things only started going truly to shit after she had left the city.

Forkball

Also who wants to bet that Meryn Trant admits that he didn't kill Syrio in the next episode? The Hound mocks Arya for stating that Trant killed him when the Hound insists that Trant couldn't kill anyone in single combat.

SOMEONE GET ON THIS HYPE TRAIN WITH ME

Moff

Also who wants to bet that Meryn Trant admits that he didn't kill Syrio in the next episode? The Hound mocks Arya for stating that Trant killed him when the Hound insists that Trant couldn't kill anyone in single combat.

SOMEONE GET ON THIS HYPE TRAIN WITH ME

the moment arya stabs him, his face changes back to syrio

Is anyone else more bothered than they should be that they changed the intro this season so that the heavenly choir doesn't sync up with Daenerys anymore?

Forkball

I just realized that Jon Snow killed one of the major white walkers we saw last season when the Night's King debuted. The ones that were in a line as NK was walking up to the baby alter. Someone's getting promoted!

Also, the changes to the Night's King look has me hoping they do a similar overhaul for Bloodraven and Leaf next year.

tumblr_n4xc9gLDS91qzg8nso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_np94fuGkal1s5m21go1_250.gif

Kain

What IS Qyburn doing with the women I wonder...

He's obviously constructing a zombie sex doll

(Penny Dreadful season 2 spoilers that are actually from the 200 year old Frankenstein novel but whatever)

Just like Viktor but without hot Irish hookers.

Shit I forgot about Syrio. I wonder if he will ever come back. He didn't strike me as a faceless man, though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is anyone else more bothered than they should be that they changed the intro this season so that the heavenly choir doesn't sync up with Daenerys anymore?
I stopped watching the intro regularly some time during S2. The song really started to irritate me because I was hearing it in so many different places.

It was a skull, could be a dead dwarf's.
I know that's the common theory, but how in the world do you pass off a dwarfs skull for the largest man in the kingdoms.
Does any know exactly how directors of episodes on this show work? I mean, I always assumed that all the teams in the different locations have to be shooting stuff in parallel to their own schedule. So to direct episodes that crisscross all the storylines, are all the directors just flying all over the place or would each unit just have their own director that reports to the episode person, who does most of their work in editing?
The directors fly back and forth between locations to shoot all the stuff for their episodes. Shot out of order.

Arkeband

Banned
I was under the impression while reading that the live subjects Qyburn was being given were just basically to further his mad science. I didn't really consider he'd be using pieces of them to reanimate Gregor, but I suppose that's possible.

I really don't believe he's headless, though. I just assumed he's mute because he's a zombie and at best he'd go "Grrr!" so they've 'programmed' him to just not talk in the first place.

Basically, I imagined he's like the Black Knight from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Except less gothic.

Black-Knight.jpg

black_knight_castlevania_lords_of_shadow_fanart_by_ackerson-d76jmsi.jpg

Claudia_and_the_Black_Knight_bmp_jpgcopy-620x.jpg

Kyougar

same here
intro is also super long
I usually skip the whole previously on GoT bullshit + intro

WHUUUUT?

I barely watch intros full time, anime or TV series (Sopranos and House of Cards are some i wouldnt watch more than twice)
But things like Attack on Titan or Game of htrones intros are unskippable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom