• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

damn

well i guess we always knew that fatherly dialogue with shireen would be stannis' downfall.
either he would refuse melisandre and be punished for that or he would sacrifice shireen and be punished for that. but his end was set in stone

Jeeez, apparently episode 9 was put on Dish On-Demand early and some people have watched it. Big spoiler if true, is a character death:

Stannis does indeed have Shireen burned, watches it happen.Selyse actually freaks out and sounds like she might try to stop it.

It's hard to believe that this would happen as soon as the next episode. Hell, they haven't even shown Stannis get snowed in yet. There's also the issue of Ramsay's raid that needs to be resolved first.

No way HBO would allow that kind of slip up to happen. I will be shocked if it's the case. It sounds really out of character.
This type of thing has happened with other shows though.

Edit: And apparently it's real? Ugh.

My bad.

If I remember correctly S04E10 went live on Dish On-Demand early as well. I seem to remember people flipping their lid when it turned out there was no LSH way before the episode aired.

-griffy-

Banned
Season 2 episode 10:
ce75rg1.jpg

BqO14SL.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
So D&D now have
child burning
on their show along with gratuitous rape scenes.

It's like they want to lose viewers.

To be fair, lots of rape is implied or shown in the books.

Actually I'm surprised D&D didn't find some way to show the worst rape story from the books into the show.

You know, the one where it's being described that Gregor was being forward with 13 year old Layna, the innkeeper's daughter, and her father objected. He then proceeded to pay the father in coin so he could rape the girl in front of him, only to give the father back some change at the end because she wasn't that good.

Real Hero

The show has doubled down on rape in a really shit way though
The child burning itself isn't an issue and probably will happen to Shireen in the book but the description of how it happens sounds terrible.

The show has doubled down on rape in a really shit way though.
The child burning itself isn't an issue and probably will happen to Shireen in the book but the description of how it happens sounds terrible.

To be fair, the description of how it will happen is very poorly written(avoid the obvious jokes please)

Amir0x

Banned
I don't know how you 'double down' on rape haha

but seriously that aspect never bothered me on the surface because given the time period that this fantasy world is constantly trying to reference from our world, rape was extremely common. women had close to no rights.

A-V-B

So I guess Stannis is fucked. Now has no children, Selyse won't give him anymore, and all Mel can give him is murderous shadow babies who can't inherit jack squat.

but seriously that aspect never bothered me on the surface because given the time period that this fantasy world is constantly trying to reference from our world, rape was extremely common. women had close to no rights.

Rape and sexual violence in general still is extremely common, especially in lesser developed countries, and even more so in war zones.

Crisco

Banned
What I saw showed
two henchman tying Shireen to a post with Mel looking on
. He could have provided better "proof" than that, the image of
Dany and Drogon
was the actual money shot

The leak deal is something that could probably happen in the books but
at least there I feel it's something Stannis would do in absolute desperation, without Davos present to try and stop it, and no doubt in Melisandre's abilities. We'll see how it plays out in the show tonight, but I don't think Stannis could be that desperate at this point, unless Ramsay and his 20 men do massive damage. And even if that does happen, Balon Greyjoy is still alive, as far as we know, which is something I feel like Davos would bring up to put doubt in Melisandre's abilities. But we'll see how it goes.

What I saw showed
two henchman tying Shireen to a post with Mel looking on
. He could have provided better "proof" than that, the image of
Dany and Drogon
was the actual money shot

There's another image circulating on Twiter that shows a
distressed Selyse lying in the snow looking on.

Moff

shireen was probably going to die anyway, in the books, too.
the real deal here is that she is not used to revive stannis/jon but probably to cast a massive meteor or rain of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom