• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

So stannis and jon are gonna die and then shireen will be sacrificed but instead of Stannis waking up, Jon will.

Season ends.
well that's we thought so far, yes. but now that's different.
i doubt jon and stannis die in episode 9.

thinking about it, no I just doesn't make sense it if it's only to repel ramsey.
I mean after that there is still the true bolton army there, damn I need to see this now

I agree Shireen is going to die in the books, and almost certainly be burned...but it'll be done without Stannis' knowledge. He's not at the Wall, and when he gets back I would assume that his reaction will be very negative. As in, killing Melisandre or Selyse.

CassSept

To be fair, lots of rape is implied or shown in the books.

Actually I'm surprised D&D didn't find some way to show the worst rape story from the books into the show.

You know, the one where it's being described that Gregor was being forward with 13 year old Layna, the innkeeper's daughter, and her father objected. He then proceeded to pay the father in coin so he could rape the girl in front of him, only to give the father back some change at the end because she wasn't that good.

Jesus Christ I'm so glad that wasn't in the series, that's a horrifying scene and one of the worst atrocities described in the series, just vomit inducing.

Still, goddammit D&D. If Stannis makes that decision... goddammit.

sercotel

Neo Member
Called it!
Okay just for the speculation here with big spoilers.
Knowing that Jon needs to "die" and seeing the Ramsay expedition to kill Stannis I'm the only one that thinks that Stannis will be hurt badly or died on the battlefield and Melisandre will use her daughter to try to revive him but instead reviving Jon.
Pretty heavy on the speculation part but a lot of things need to happen in those two chapters left.

New Episode Tonight: The Dance of Dragons

Stannis confronts a difficult decision. Jon returns to the Wall. Mace pays a visit to the Iron Bank. Arya encounters someone from her past. Dany reluctantly oversees a traditional celebration of athleticism.

CassSept

I wanna see receipts. I saw a summary of episode 9 on reddit, but it doesn't mention Cersei yet we know she's in the episode based on a promo picture. The rest is stuff that is easily guessed from previews.

Nah there are screens floating around the net of the scene in question. Sadly, all points to it happening.

Amir0x

Banned
Jesus Christ I'm so glad that wasn't in the series, that's a horrifying scene and one of the worst atrocities described in the series, just vomit inducing.

Oh yeah. I remember reading it and feeling a bit sick. I wasn't mad it was in there, because that sort of thing illustrates exactly the type of world we're dealing with. But boy am I glad I didn't have to witness that in the show.

Still, goddammit D&D. If Stannis makes that decision... goddammit.

Yeaaah. I know Stannis wants the throne, but I can't believe he would be the one to pull the trigger based on his character in the books and even the show up until now. Who knows though... maybe Martin told them he would.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So do we root for evil Mannis or Ramsay the butcher?

My allegiance is for the one true king.
game-of-thrones-season-5-nights-king-hbo.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ramsay shows up and is like "Fuck...seriously dude?"

Even I wouldn't do this.
He then turns around and goes back to Winterfell where he apologizes to both Reek and Sansa for everything he's done to them before retiring to the Quiet Isle where he'll become the new grave digger.

foxtrot3d

Banned
But varys wanted a stable realm. Why would he fuck up a peacefull takeover? Nothing destabilizing would have happened if Rhaegar had convinced the lords to overthrow his father and crown Rhaegar.

That's because Varys is a lying asshole. After all, is it wise to trust a man who cuts the tongues out of little children and sticks them into cramped hidden passageways?

Amir0x

Banned
I'm just hoping there's something we're missing here. Some element that makes this fit into the characterization of Stannis in the books and show.

In this case they are just doing what is going to happen in the book I believe.

He's not on the Wall and won't be back anytime soon...

If Shireen gets burned in TWOW it'll be without his blessing. I believe she will be burned to revive Stannis - Melisandre probably knows the Pink Letter is bullshit, but will do it anyway to revive Jon.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just saw the leaked pics. Ugh. Oh well, lets see how this all plays out. Not going to jump to conclusions, but internet's going to be one to avoid tomorrow.

He's not on the Wall and won't be back anytime soon...

If Shireen gets burned in TWOW it'll be without his blessing. I believe she will be burned to revive Stannis - Melisandre probably knows the Pink Letter is bullshit, but will do it anyway to revive Jon.

True. And that is EXACTLY how it should have been on the show. So yea, fuck D&D if that is not the case

Speevy

Banned
Guys, I know you're disappointed in "The Mannis" and Shireen is my favorite child actor that's ever been in the show, but...

Hasn't Stannis' conflict always been his duty vs. morality, and whether he would sacrifice his very soul to the red lady for a chance at the iron throne? This fits with this, doesn't it?

Of course, we haven't really established that making sacrifices to R'hllor works, have we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom