• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
xFRMzPh.jpg

What the F***

That's the first post on a new page, Gorilla. Going to be there until Sunday.

omg

There's also a nature v nurture debate to be had on Targaryen madness. Aerys was rather sane for much of his early reign, and his madness can be traced directly to being tortured in Duskendale. Meanwhile Viserys' madness could be attributed to spending his entire life being hunted by assassins (real and imaginary) and watching his family be destroyed.

Kyougar

Nah, I mean he was right to be paranoid but he was crazy. As Red Arremer points out it does seem that there was a very real conspiracy against Aerys, this is even further supported by "The World of Ice and Fire" book but Aerys was indeed pretty mad. I also think that it can pretty much be considered a fact that the Tourney of Harrenhall was a cover by Rhaegar to meet with a majority of the Lord's to plot against his father. Unfortunately, Varys, that sneaky fuck, ruined that plot.

But varys wanted a stable realm. Why would he fuck up a peacefull takeover? Nothing destabilizing would have happened if Rhaegar had convinced the lords to overthrow his father and crown Rhaegar.

Moosichu

But varys wanted a stable realm. Why would he fuck up a peacefull takeover? Nothing destabilizing would have happened if Rhaegar had convinced the lords to overthrow his father and crown Rhaegar.

Yeah. It throws a massive wrench into Varys being selfless.

cj_iwakura

It could have been simple loyalty to the man who brought him up from nothing.

Is this shot actually in the first episode or the pilot? In the first scene, you can see the white walkers in the background and they look like this picture, but I don't remember getting such a big closeup.

It's a "blink and you miss it" cut as the WW hacks down his sword. See how blurry it is around the face?

Ratrat

This is my most anticipated episode since the Reins of Castamere. I wish they hadn't shown Drogon so much this season already, but they could make up for that by unleashing all three at once.

Moff

well I think their biggest mistake was calling the episode the dance of dragons, many non readers can guess that will happen

but I agree that this is my most anticipated episode, or rather scene in a long time, since I read it I wanted to see that on screen and it probably can only be disappointing

well I think their biggest mistake was calling the episode the dance of dragons, many non readers can guess that will happen

but I agree that this is my most anticipated episode, or rather scene in a long time, since I read it I wanted to see that on screen and it probably can only be disappointing

I expect she won't ride on Drogon's back, Drogon probably grabs her and files away more like it.

Snake

Is this shot actually in the first episode or the pilot? In the first scene, you can see the white walkers in the background and they look like this picture, but I don't remember getting such a big closeup.

It's in the first episode. About 25 seconds in, in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdNqWqbOrKQ

But it's so quick and dark that you wouldn't even know what you were looking at unless you freeze frame/photoshop it.

CassSept

It is pretty interesting just how many fucked Targs there were. Since these are the Targs that keep getting elaborated on in the books and histories, I assume it's telling us something about Dany too. I hope she goes full nutter. Well, nuttier.

"Your father was not the first. King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land."

Mr Git

The power struggle between the Lancasters and Yorks in the 14th & 15th century was really interesting. I actually saw a little video about that part of English history (which also likens some of the characters to GoT ones) the other day.

Lancastrians and Yorkists*. The rivalry is still very much alive! But yeah ASOIAF is very much the War of the Roses.

Amir0x

Banned
Lancastrians and Yorkists*. The rivalry is still very much alive! But yeah ASOIAF is very much the War of the Roses.

And there's so many fucked up events.

The whole thing with Rob's head being cut off and replaced with his wolf for example was directly inspired by the beheading of Richard of York, who had a paper crown placed about his decapitated head and was displayed at Micklegate Bar as a warning to all pretenders to the throne.

Jeeez, apparently episode 9 was put on Dish On-Demand early and some people have watched it. Big spoiler if true, is a character death:

Stannis does indeed have Shireen burned, watches it happen.Selyse actually freaks out and sounds like she might try to stop it.

A-V-B

Jeeez, apparently episode 9 was put on Dish On-Demand early and some people have watched it. Big spoiler if true, is a character death:

Stannis does indeed have Shireen burned, watches it happen.Selyse actually freaks out and sounds like she might try to stop it.

Haha, wow. Really?

That can't be real, can it? Are D&D going insane?

Can't be real.

Marz

Fake.

Apt101

No way HBO would allow that kind of slip up to happen. I will be shocked if it's the case. It sounds really out of character.

munchie64

With that kind of thing we'd have multiple sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom